• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxus

I am actively avoiding kill skills...i asked this like 2 weeks ago but forgot to look if people responded.

Anyone else avoiding the kill skills? I am sure they are useful in some situations, but id rather have skills that have 100% uptime

It would be foolish to think this way. All the characters have some VERY useful kill skills. Take for example Salvador. In his tree he has 5 shots or 6, a kill skill that adds up to 25% increase to magazine size while you are firing for every bullet fired. If you can't guess that is bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S.

Rengoku

Also, what is the difference between having two turrets and having two guns on one turret? Seems like the same thing

I guess having 2 turrets means you can deploy each one at a different spot, whereas having two guns on a single turret means double the damage.

Mengs, how exactly does the co-op work? And will I have a shit one if I opt to not co-op?

I have maybe 30-40 friends on Live and of the 3 that are actually my friends, 0 will play this game. I never partake in the co-op aspects of any game; it just isn't my bag. I'm afraid that the very nature of this game means that it somewhat relies on the whole, 'teaming up with your best bros and having a riot of a time' thing. Is it engaging enough for a pure, unadulterated LONER approach?

I can't speak to this one since it seems like it might have a stronger story, but I played the first one the whole way solo. If loot lust isn't something that drives you and are more interested in the RPG then its likely the first wouldn't have any real draw. If you love loot and like shooters its probably something you will like all the way through even solo. The exception to what I have to say about the first is the DLC. It seemed to be a bit more involved then the base game ever was. I suspect gearbox has made this game like the DLC of the first so thats a good sign.

Sorry if this question has been asked way too many times; I'm in Australia, and this game unlocks in over 24 hours on Steam. If I use a VPN can I unlock it at the US time, and then play it?

Well, to answer your question, I'd say, playing alone is perfectly fine, it's just that this is a very dynamic game and the amount of craziness is a amplified ten-fold with others. It's perfectly fine by yourself it is just exponentially more fun with others.

Cheers, Krappadizzle. I think I'll give it a shot and eventually try and cajole some buddies into it, but that's never an easy task.

And thanks, Empty Space. I'm a big fan of shooters and weapon tinkering. Unlocking shit is something that I love in any game.

Insaniac

None of my friends are going to be receiving theirs at midnight so I have no one to play co-op with tonight, any GAF-ers wanna play? I'm getting mine 12am EST

None of my friends are going to be receiving theirs at midnight so I have no one to play co-op with tonight, any GAF-ers wanna play? I'm getting mine 12am EST

I'm down, add me on Steam: EsotericDaemon. May only play for a bit cause I have work and I'm Eastern, but we'll see. I'm probably going Axton btw, but I'll go zero necessary.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reposting my Axton build:

ibmSuF5NOtbmqc.png

Spazznid

Desperately trying to get in a last minute order at GMG. Not impressed with site barely working so far.

Been trying to get past that 15 minute time limit with 10 minute loads and gave up.
Got it at Getgames for $45 and got the game's steam code instantly in my mail. also still got the preorder bonuses. one hour ago, btw.

rbanke

I have the special edition coming from Amazon tomorrow, but got a code from buying a new video card a few weeks ago (which ive already activated so i could pre-load). Anyone have a trust worthy way to selling the code that I'll get in the box? I'm leery of ebay since I think there are policies against selling codes there.

Insaniac

blargh, sorry, I meant to say I'm on the XBL version (I don't have the $$ to splurge on both versions :((( )

Going with Axton

GT: TheLintendo

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Three hours pst.....

Muy bueno....

As I was telling Empty Space earlier, I'm going to add AA via RadeonPro then be good to host. I know this is Steamworks and have all the faith in the world for connection but lets be safe and use my upload. Unless one of us four has a higher upload.

As I was telling Empty Space earlier, I'm going to add AA via RadeonPro then be good to host. I know this is Steamworks and have all the faith in the world for connection but lets be safe and use my upload. Unless one of us four has a higher upload.

I'm going to probably do some of that stuff too anyways and yeah using your connection is probably best.

Oh man it just occurred to me there were weapons in the first game with melee damage modifiers. Adam please tell me those still exist. I might go the shotgun ninja route after all.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Well ****, I totally forgot AT was on tonight.
i keep forgetting to watch that show, from what i've seen so far, its amazing. i ve also missed alot of gravity falls.
Oh man it just occurred to me there were weapons in the first game with melee damage modifiers. Adam please tell me those still exist. I might go the shotgun ninja route after all.
they do.

but adam
i know some weapons replace the swords. but do all melee buffed weapons do that or only some.

Raxus

http://i.imgur.com/m9jCF.jpg

This is what I'm thinking for Zero mainly sniper with decent melee. What do you guys think?
Replace the 5 points and put it into the low health skill. Weaken 'em with guns and finish them off with a stab to the back. Plus, why would you pass up 500% increased damage?

-PXG-

I have beer, Monster, left over homemade pizza and just ate a whole bag of Doritos...I'm going to die tonight...

I feel like I'm back in college. Holy shit. My girlfriend is sick, at home, lonely and wants to talk to me before losing me for the next 48 hours. Oh well, lol.

Gotchaye

Replace the 5 points and put it into the low health skill. Weaken 'em with guns and finish them off with a stab to the back. Plus, why would you pass up 500% increased damage?

Definitely the first thing I'm leveling. Though I suppose this one is very dependent on exactly what "low health" means.

Prodigal

Banned
So I don't have Internet in my new house right now... If I took a laptop somewhere and downloaded the game, is it easy to transfer it from the laptop to my desktop?

Raxus

But they are already almost dead right? How low is low health?

I would imagine 10-20% but we will know more as the game comes out.

Look at it this way:
1) You can always respec on the cheap
2) If you fail to kill an enemy with a melee attack your second chance will surely do it.
3) It is ungodly good for bosses
4) 500%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom