• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

one_kill

I wouldn't want the level cap to be raised to be honest. It'll make all the weapons I've got mostly worthless. I don't really want to farm for the same type of guns but at higher levels.

I'd rather they keep it at level 50, but give us the capacity to increase stats (perhaps by giving us challenges to signficantly boost badass points). Getting more skill points and/or abilities would be good too.

Cat Party

What level are the 2 dlc packs tunes for? Are they level 50 only?

They scale (they do have a minimum though), but on playthrough one, they max out at level 30, which sucks when you're level 35ish after finishing up the main quest and sidequests. If you're going to play them on your first playthrough, do them when you're about level 30 so the loot isn't useless to you.

Jrmint

They scale (they do have a minimum though), but on playthrough one, they max out at level 30, which sucks when you're level 35ish after finishing up the main quest and sidequests. If you're going to play them on your first playthrough, do them when you're about level 30 so the loot isn't useless to you.
Awesome thanks

Jumping in to Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty at 28 was such an awesome idea, the loot is exponentially better than what I was getting otherwise. I'm actually getting loot above my level to look forward to using later.

Inskipp

yeah I am not sure how to damage him. I beat the 4 minions but then the boss just keeps jumping on me so I can't even get a shot on target most of the time
There should be like a 5 second window between the jumps, when you can take shots at him. He'll be either shooting rockets or doing his EMP- wave thing in between his jumps.

It'll be much smoother though if you damage him before his jumping phase though, the pace can be quite difficult to keep up with some characters (not sure which char you on)

Jrmint

Level 23 almost 24 Commando, I'm about to jump on to start the quests in the Wildlife area.

Anyone want to play on pc?

Steam id ecarlson05

sneaky77

There should be like a 5 second window between the jumps, when you can take shots at him. He'll be either shooting rockets or doing his EMP- wave thing in between his jumps.

It'll be much smoother though if you damage him before his jumping phase though, the pace can be quite difficult to keep up with some characters (not sure which char you on)

how do you damage him before that, it seems like if I didn't kill the minions I wasn't doing any damage.

also quick question, I finished the main story, but I am midway the second dlc content, if I do a new game to do TVHM, will all the sidequests in the dlc disappear?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It kinda bugs me how all the enemies and NPCs refer to you as a male ("get him," or "what's up man") even though I'm playing as Maya.

madhtr

Well, this is frustrating. Hit level 50, enemies range from 49-52, and none of my weapons, outside of launcher are capable of killing these people without using all of my ammo. I just got to Sawtooth Cauldron on TVHM and loot marauders keep whipping my ass... Not only are enemies a lot harder, but the loot you get is nearly non-existent. I think I'm about done with this game... Good thing I bought the season pass and decided to hold off on DLC until I got to 2.5.

It sucks that I suck at gaming.

SlickVic

Ugh, just started playing this again after a 2 month break and completely forgot mid-mission checkpoints don't actually let you restart the game from that point if you quit out. Made a good amount of progress through the Wildlife area last night and see today that the game plopped me back to the start of the area. :(

Hope I can just run through the area fast to get to my last location without too much fuss, but just really hate when games punish you for taking a break. Guess I should be happy it at least saved my EXP and loot up to the last checkpoint though.

one_kill

New DLC info: http://www.examiner.com/article/borderlands-2-sir-hammerlock-s-dlc-character-skins-and-details-outed

Located on a new swamp/jungle continent called "Aegrus".
There are currently 5 main story missions and 12 side missions.
There will be a new vehicle named the ‘fan-boat’ which can be summoned from a Catch-A-Boat and will have 68 customized skins plus corrosive, incendiary and shock weapon mods.
A new raid boss ("Imagine, if you will, a Stalker the size of a small building. Now imagine yourself killing it.").
One new head and character skin for each character class. (see slideshow gallery)
It will feature about 5 main quest missions and 12 side-missions.
More Seraph items.
New enemies including the borok and scaylion.
Monster-tracking side missions assigned by Sir Hammerlock.
A self-important but not-so-well-known new enemy who is “super-pumped we’re archenemies now”, and who leads a tribe of jungle savages and has an evil plan that might actually work.
A new treasure room full of goodies. There's a time limit though.
Even more Claptrap

Edit:
Here are the new seraph weapons: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/3278883-post17.html

Blu10

Still no level increase :( , although the new raid boss sounds interesting. I wonder if he will be fought on the new fan boats.

The new Sal head reminds me of the hunter from Jumanji. And the only new Seraph weapon that really intrigues me is the Practicable Interfacer, but a lot of that will depend on how much ammo it consumes per shot and whether it comes with elemental effects. A fire Interfacer that consumes one ammo per shot would be a great alternative to Moxxi's Heartbreaker (my favorite weapon in the game, personally).

The idea of a lush safari jungle is pretty exciting. When Gearbox gets away from the desert environments they usually hit it out of the park, and I expect no less with this one.

Does anyone have tips for Zer0 as all-melee? Types of gear to watch out for, skills to boost up, that sort of thing?

I've had to switch back to sniping every time after trying melee out because I die so often.

Cat Party

Recall that there will be more DLC than just the 4 packs in the season pass. Perhaps the level cap increase will be tied to something outside the season pass (it's pretty clear to me that there will be another new playable character at some point).

Inskipp

how do you damage him before that, it seems like if I didn't kill the minions I wasn't doing any damage.
When you hurt the minions, they lock into their shields, reflecting damage and breaking their tethers from Hyperius. When you do that to all of the minions fast enough (so that they're all "locked down"), Hyperius will drop his shield and is vulnerable to damage for a small amount of time.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So is there a reason all the enemies in previously explored areas have leveled up to 30? I'm doing quests around level 28 and I'm getting my ass kicked all over again. I now remember why I hated Caustic Caverns the first time I came here.

Jrmint

So why is this thread so dead now? Does no one play this anymore?

I just got it about a week ago and would be great to have some Gafs to play with, really don't want to play pub games with the lack of a loot system.

Please add me on Steam if you're still playing so we can get some games going. I'm a level 27 Commado nearing the end of my first play through.

Steam id - ecarlson05 (is there any way to change it?)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I need gaffers to play me via XBL.

GT: gap9455, hit me a message, I play BL2 a lot.

I'm finishing up my first playthrough, will probably hit you up once I start TVHM. Currently on the quest Data Mining, hoping to finish PT1 this week since I won't have access to my Xbox for a few weeks during the holidays.

Cat Party

What do I want to be doing in TVHM? And what, if anything, comes after it?

After you beat the story in TVHM, every remaining quest levels to 50, including the reward. All bosses and other enemies level to 50 (or higher), too. So the fun part is replaying bosses that tend to drop certain legendaries, so you get level 50 variants. It's about playing for loot, because you'll hit the level max quickly if you haven't already by then.

So most people recommend avoiding as many sidequests as possible in TVHM and just playing the main quest, because you'll get better quest rewards if you wait. Keep in mind that you cannot even accept the quest. You have to leave it as a yellow exclamation point, basically.

Is that what people refer to as 2.5?

Sounds like a plan. I've been doing Campaign of Carnage with a friend and we're 39 and just getting to Sanctuary so we can probably just burn through the story then.

PC / Mac: WT5TB-XC5ZC-CX3T3-BBT3B-B35WB
Xbox 360: W3KTJ-FZ9CS-XS6BR-K6JJ3-XCFXT
PlayStation 3: WTWBJ-HKZ9C-TCCWB-ZT5JJ-6HRZS

Good for FIVE golden keys

Jrmint

Holy shit @
the bunker fight
that was one of the most badass boss fights I've ever played.

Wasn't too difficult, just very epic.

Thanks for the code!

Seanspeed

Banned
What is TVHM? I'm not understanding the 2.5 speak, either. I'm very ignorant of all this.

Also, I'd be down for some co-op(just to try, never have in BL1 or anything), but I'd want to be at a similar point as somebody else. I'm never sure how anybody does this with other people unless they coordinate with other or are good, close friends, honestly. I dont want to have to wait around for somebody else to continue on in the game. Sorry if that sounds selfish. Sharing loot sounds kinda crappy too, damnit! Its not often that I find good loot, so it seems like it would suck to have to give one up out of unselfish-ness. Not saying I'd be an asshole about it, but it just doesn't sound appealing.

Xevren

TVHM=true vault hunter mode, which is borderlands 2's new game plus

All 2.5 is, is when you beat the game the 2nd time everything will be at your level so you can get leveled/quest items at 50.

Just started playing this last week.
Its been great so far. The single player and story is much better than it was in BL1.
Sanctuary is a great RPG city where the people have some movement and life. Something that was sorely lacking in BL1, IMO.
Currently a level 24 Siren. She seems way weaker than Lilith was in BL1. Well, her power seems a lot crappier anyway.
I wish Maya had some different outfits and not just palette swaps. The different hairstyles is cool though.

Did you check the count in-game? It just gives the standard congrats when you enter the code. You only need to enter the code once.

I did, yes. It just gave me one.

edit: So Mechromancer. Very much love it or hate it. This Deathtrap is fucking dumb sometimes.

1.) I get downed and am fighting for my life. Instead of shooting the enemy and helping me get that kill I need, he stands there trying to replenish my shields. Why?

2.) I get the shields down on an enemy. What does Deathtrap do? REPLENISHES THE ENEMIES SHIELDS. Why the fuck?

I died once because Deathtrap kept recharging a rabid enemy in the Wildlife Preserve. Can his coding be updated so that he doesn't actively work against me? lol.

Anyway, playthrough 2 is giving me a tough time on ocassion. I think it's because each mission I take outlevels me by 2, and the bosses by 3 or 4. I guess I'm okay with that because I really feel like Mechro is too easy on missions listed as "Normal". I like to work a little for my food. I died 3 times to Bloodwing's corny ass, but I did make it happen, despite him being 3 levels above me. Something that I don't think I could have done with Siren. That's not to say I'm having anywhere near as much fun with her as I did with Siren, but she's alright. Maybe she'll be more fun whenever I get around to reskilling her trees to the Anarchy tree.

Top Bottom