• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Jezbollah

Btw guys, on True Vault Hunter mode, why should I wait with the side quests until after I finish the game?

After you finish the game in TVHM, all the quests you didnt take on the way get scaled up to level 50. This means your rewards will also be level 50.

Completing all the quests that have been scaled up to level 50 is referred to as Playthrough 2.5.

VariantX

yep, I just stopped playing after I got near the endgame of playthrough 2. Just stops being fun when you can't get any stronger except by grinding challenges. When they raise the level cap, ill start playing again.

FerranMG

Btw guys, on True Vault Hunter mode, why should I wait with the side quests until after I finish the game?

What's discussed is to wait on side quests with an object as a reward (an "object" as opposed to money, eridium or experience).
The idea is that, once you've finished TVHM, all the remaining quests and all the enemies are leveled up to 50.
So, any weapon you would get from a side quest will be level 50, whereas if you had gotten it before it would be a lower level and completely useless against level 50-52 enemies.

Played through Pirates twice and Torques once all at lvl 50, only one weapon worth picking up in my entire play troughs of the two DLCs so far. For fucks sake, raise the level cap. The loot drops have been shit since hitting 50.

After you finish the game in TVHM, all the quests you didnt take on the way get scaled up to level 50. This means your rewards will also be level 50.

Completing all the quests that have been scaled up to level 50 is referred to as Playthrough 2.5.

What's discussed is to wait on side quests with an object as a reward (an "object" as opposed to money, eridium or experience).
The idea is that, once you've finished TVHM, all the remaining quests and all the enemies are leveled up to 50.
So, any weapon you would get from a side quest will be level 50, whereas if you had gotten it before it would be a lower level and completely useless against level 50-52 enemies.

Thanks guys!

I do actually quite the opposite.
True is that I relied on pistols and sniper rifles for most part of the first playthrough.
But later on I started finding amazing SMG (that I felt that rendered pistols useless) and, as enemies kept getting tougher, sniper rifles didn't seem to be as useful as before, so went with shotguns instead.

What I have usually equipped is a SMG (up in the d-pad), shotgun (left), sniper (or some other SMG with different elemental damage, down), and rocket launcher (right, and that I use mostly to get out of extreme fight for your life situations).

That's interesting because I've definitely found the opposite to be true. Since there's basically no such thing as an SMG that does higher per-shot damage than a pistol, I find that it takes more time to kill with an SMG than with a good pistol. And increased time to dispatch an enemy increases your own risk and of course drains ammo quickly.

To that end, I've found pistols and sniper rifles to always be the easy solution. So long as you can aim, can keep some distance between you and the target, and know where the critical hit points are (arm joints and red dots on loaders, heads/tails/eyes on humans/animals), they both wreck *everything* faster and more accurately. Siren's skill made that insanely easy, but it's about the same for everyone. The only time I ever feel like I need to have a shotty is if I'm fighting threshers. SMGs and AR's...I break out purely for a different experience, if I want to save SR/Pistol ammo, or if I need all the ammo available to me to kill a boss.

Think I have some pretty good AR's and SMGs...but I find it takes 10-20 rounds of SMG/AR ammo to equal the damage of 1 equivalently leveled, high-quality pistol. And a SR with crit...fuggadabouit.

just my experience, with my second character almost to 50 and one of just about every legendary in the game found.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man those Witch Doctors look nasty.

I'm guessing they will level up the others into another raid boss similar to verm.

Yeah in the GameSpot video they level up one guy into an Ultimate Badass, so if you don't take them out quickly enough you could be dealing with a handful of Badasses at the same time. It's an interesting mechanic.

It's always been like that. No idea why.

I suspect it's because the weapon on your back in the Main Menu is the gun in Slot 1, so it probably equips Slot 2 if the last weapon you had "active" was Slot 1. If you had Slot 3 or 4 active, it might remember them?

Just speculating and I haven't done any testing of that theory :)

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I suspect it's because the weapon on your back in the Main Menu is the gun in Slot 1, so it probably equips Slot 2 if the last weapon you had "active" was Slot 1. If you had Slot 3 or 4 active, it might remember them?

Just speculating and I haven't done any testing of that theory :)

The weapon on my back in the Main Menu is always the sniper rifle. I think it just equips the largest gun you have lol.

Jrmint

Hey guys anyone want to play?

Level 30 Commando about to start the story quest called Data Mining

Steam Id - Jrmint

Amon37

Beat the Torgue DLC (on PS3)...didn't get a "lootsplosion" as promised. Come to find out, there is an freaking glitch that prevents the loot from the vault from showing up after beating the final boss. What the f Gearbox? C'mon man!

Do you have the newest patch? I thought it fixed it?

Gaaraz

Grr, tried to play this with a friend last night and it wouldn't let me connect to his server (or vice versa) because we had differing DLC (he had paid for the Mecromancer)

I never play video games and honestly I'm not a big fan of Borderlands, but I really, really cannot see why I needed to pay for and download this, especially since it's essentially already on the disc and just needed to be unlocked.

Krelian

Grr, tried to play this with a friend last night and it wouldn't let me connect to his server (or vice versa) because we had differing DLC (he had paid for the Mecromancer)

I never play video games and honestly I'm not a big fan of Borderlands, but I really, really cannot see why I needed to pay for and download this, especially since it's essentially already on the disc and just needed to be unlocked.
You don't need to buy the DLC. That's what the compatibility pack is for. I hope they fixed the problem with that download by now. If not you should try to delete the compatibility pack and download it again.

Gaaraz

Oh god, really? That's quite frustrating that I paid 800 points (not a lot I know, but still) for a game I'll likely never play again, and for DLC that I absolutely will not use :(

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Oh god, really? That's quite frustrating that I paid 800 points (not a lot I know, but still) for a game I'll likely never play again, and for DLC that I absolutely will not use :(

I started off absolutely hating this game, but give it some time and it will grow on you. It makes a pretty bad first impression, but stick with it and once you get some better guns you'll probably start to enjoy yourself more.

Gaaraz

Cool, thank you - I'll stick with it but rarely get a chance to play games now (maybe a couple of times a month at the most) so I'm not sure it'd be top of my list with so little time... even so, I definitely won't be using the Mecromancer class :'(

Jrmint

Guys kind of a stupid question.

So I just beat the game on normal but cannot find the option for TVHM in the main menu. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Xevren

On the main menu hit the select character button, pick your character and you'll get an option of what playthrough you want.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Is this game fun solo? I'm at level 10 basically solo and I'm enjoying it, just wondering if this will continue or I will hit a difficulty wall where I can't progress without a partner.

redhot_

Is this game fun solo? I'm at level 10 basically solo and I'm enjoying it, just wondering if this will continue or I will hit a difficulty wall where I can't progress without a partner.

You will be fine, i did my first character to 50 solo. If you get stuck, just do some side quests and get a level or 2. You won't run into any controller throwing frustration.

madhtr

I've enjoyed it more solo. I like not having to share my loot, especially when you take down a boss and have to share your 1 legendary drop (if that) between yourself and 3 friends. It's fun co-op, but not for the loot, though.

I've played 98% of the game solo for a reason, mp is just a big clusterfuck and really isn't that enjoyable. The end game raiding with other people can be fun if they aren't pants on face retarded because everyone can take care of themselves as well as being able to help revive one another.

I finally collected 10 moxxi pictures. Ended up snagging another couple hundred torgue tokens. I don't really think there are any good torgue guns I want, but I might get a derp nukem for fun.

Progress this week was slow, a HEAVY work week of 50 hours did not help proggess the story but did do a lot of challenges :)

photo21-12-12214346czuf6.jpg

Starting Money night on the 2nd DLC :)

Also you can still win new a NEW copy of Borderlands 2 Ultimate Loot Chest Edition (xbox360)

By donating at least $5 to CAG Fund for Child's Play 2012 Charity Raffle

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333687

Krelian

I've played 98% of the game solo for a reason, mp is just a big clusterfuck and really isn't that enjoyable. The end game raiding with other people can be fun if they aren't pants on face retarded because everyone can take care of themselves as well as being able to help revive one another.
What? Borderlands is all about multiplayer for me. Playing with your friends is just so much fun. It also helps to have people around who can revive you and the more people play the game the stronger the enemies get. I think it's actually the best multiplayer co-op experience there is. The only thing that could be improved is loot distribution.

Top Bottom