• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

I finally got "The Art Of Borderlands 2" book delivered from Amazon today. Shit got pushed back like 5 times.

This book is so awesome. The developer commentary on everything is awesome. I'm goin through character design now. Some of these Siren heads that got scrapped are badass.

mileS

So confused by all the different DLC thats out there. Just started the game last night.

Whats good, what isn't? What level to start each DLC, and is it better to wait to a certain level to do them?

redhot_

So confused by all the different DLC thats out there. Just started the game last night.

Whats good, what isn't? What level to start each DLC, and is it better to wait to a certain level to do them?

Well there is Captains Scarlett's Pirate Booty and Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage so far. I think you should be in your 30's before you go into any of them, but i like to wait till you cap out to get better loot.

As for whats good, i disliked Mr Torgue's. The timed missions killed it for me.. but there is some funny missions and its still the same borderlands fun.

Jrmint

I finished Captain Scarlett's and loved it.

Is there lots of times stuff in Mr Torgues? That'd be very unfortunate.

Xevren

I think it was 3 or 4 sets of timed quests. Only one I hated was the last racing one, didn't have issues with the others.

So.

I've now been made aware that it's just about impossible now to solo Terra. Seems that unless you're running salvador or 600 stacks on Gaige, shit ain't happenin without a team. That said, I'd like my Legendary class mods, so if anyone is up for some Terra farming, PM me.

None of my friends seem to be playing Borderlands 2 much anymore.

Yesterdays progress,

With the help of a lvl 50 friend We (my main co-op friend and I) finished the 3 side quest I still had to do.
Now 100% Pirate Booty.
Now 99% Main game, only the last main quest to go.

Started the 2nd DLC, Torgue Just did a few missions and exploration before bed time.
AMAZING character! :D:D Hilarious and very well written.

photo25-12-12000957ouufl.jpg

one_kill

So.

I've now been made aware that it's just about impossible now to solo Terra. Seems that unless you're running salvador or 600 stacks on Gaige, shit ain't happenin without a team. That said, I'd like my Legendary class mods, so if anyone is up for some Terra farming, PM me.

None of my friends seem to be playing Borderlands 2 much anymore.
Not totally impossible. There are still some exploits with the Bee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPJBvFBuUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vpmJQut0Y

Not totally impossible. There are still some exploits with the Bee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPJBvFBuUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-vpmJQut0Y
Excellent.

Will grab those today.

Game dropped a Legendary shock CC and Stormfront which felt pretty good. Like the game was reading my mind, since I'm building a hardcore shock Mechro. lol

Haven't fought a boss since the Bee patch but Warrior still was as farmable as ever. Terra completely shit on me though. Anyway, thanks for the tips. Hopefully i can get a shock Sandhawk to drop.

so is this one sufficient?

2012122500001.jpg

or do I need to keep farming. I've been farming for a long time and this is the first redundant one I've found. :-(

edit: tried it and nope, it's the wrong combination of hidden skills. not only does it have to be a 2x, but it also has to be the type that reflects off the ground. there are 3 or 4 variants. ugh.

Jrmint

Just got to "Dam Fine Rescue" on TVHM. How brutal is this going to be?

Currently level 38, wonder if I should level up some more first. I remember that quest was pretty rough in normal.

Giving up on that 2x Fibber. I did runs for hours today and never found it. Ugh.

Just got to "Dam Fine Rescue" on TVHM. How brutal is this going to be?

Currently level 38, wonder if I should level up some more first. I remember that quest was pretty rough in normal.

does it list the mission as "Normal", "Tough", "Hard" or "Impossible"?

that will be your primary indication, and those descriptions are usually pretty accurate.

Got this yesterday from the Steam sale. Played three hours so far, and it feels like an intro all the way because I haven't gotten to sanctuary yet. Will I have to play these hours for every new character? If so - :(

Got this yesterday from the Steam sale. Played three hours so far, and it feels like an intro all the way because I haven't gotten to sanctuary yet. Will I have to play these hours for every new character? If so - :(

Yup. But as you get to know the maps you will fly through the first few missions and can get to Sanctuary pretty quickly with new characters.

Yup. But as you get to know the maps you will fly through the first few missions and can get to Sanctuary pretty quickly with new characters.

:(

For a game that's seems like it could last hundres of hour, it seems to start unnecessary slow. The areas so far have been really boring.

:(

For a game that's seems like it could last hundres of hour, it seems to start unnecessary slow. The areas so far have been really boring.

To me, it felt like it started slow because some of the characters action skills were useless until they were leveled up.

I have 4 characters at level 50, thats 8 playthroughs. So trust me when I tell you that it will seam much quicker when you start a new character and you go through the earlier parts of the game since you'll know exactly where to go, who to talk to, etc. Having to wait around for Claptrap and waiting for Hammerlock to get to the gate are the slowest/agonizing parts.

And TVHM is significantly quicker at the beginning because you have good weapons and your character's action skill is very strong.

madhtr

Only took me to tries to get a Bee shield.... and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. No Amp drain, at least. (PS3). I gave up trying to farm the Warrior for anything, he gave me nothing, so I figure I'll farm the treasure room when I finish the first DLC again.

Only took me to tries to get a Bee shield.... and it's not as bad as I thought it'd be. No Amp drain, at least. (PS3). I gave up trying to farm the Warrior for anything, he gave me nothing, so I figure I'll farm the treasure room when I finish the first DLC again.

How many runs did you make? I've gotten most of my legendaries from him. If you have the Pete Torgue DLC, he apparently gives out Legendaries like candy.

madhtr

How many runs did you make? I've gotten most of my legendaries from him. If you have the Pete Torgue DLC, he apparently gives out Legendaries like candy.

I did a few hundred on my normal playthrouh and got 2 guns, and just over a hundred on my TVHM and had none drop, so I tired of it and started doing sidequests instead. I have all the DLC, but with all the enemies at level 48-52, I have trouble fighting them easily. Haven't started the Torgue DLC yet.

Saerk

What do mean by "like candy"? My friend and I have killed him like 12 times, and saw only one. We have better luck exploiting the pirate chests. Only got one orange from The Warrior as well, and we killed him at least 30 times. This is on the XBox btw.

What do mean by "like candy"? My friend and I have killed him like 12 times, and saw only one. We have better luck exploiting the pirate chests. Only got one orange from The Warrior as well, and we killed him at least 30 times. This is on the XBox btw.
I mean exactly what the phrase confers.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=209054

you should keep trying. people have gotten 5-15 different legendaries from him in daily runs. That's if you have farming equipment, anyway.

I did a few hundred on my normal playthrouh and got 2 guns, and just over a hundred on my TVHM and had none drop, so I tired of it and started doing sidequests instead. I have all the DLC, but with all the enemies at level 48-52, I have trouble fighting them easily. Haven't started the Torgue DLC yet.

go farm a bee and a legendary SMG or pistol. or go farm up a decent Sandhawk. that'll be all you need to solo any raid boss in the game, more or less.

madhtr

go farm a bee and a legendary SMG or pistol. or go farm up a decent Sandhawk. that'll be all you need to solo any raid boss in the game, more or less.

I have a Bee now, but was thinking of doing the Scarlett DLC on 2.5 now to farm the treasure room a bit, but would also get a Sandhawk along the way.... but what do you mean by a "decent" Sandhawk?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Borderlands 2 Season Pass is down to 1800 points on the XBL sale. I'm wondering if I should get it, even though I already own the Torgue DLC (redeemed a code from this thread a few days ago). That comes out to $22.50, but I heard that the first DLC sucked, so it would actually be cheaper for me to buy the last two DLCs at $10 a pop than to buy the season pass. Wondering what I should do...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Borderlands 2 Season Pass is down to 1800 points on the XBL sale. I'm wondering if I should get it, even though I already own the Torgue DLC (redeemed a code from this thread a few days ago). That comes out to $22.50, but I heard that the first DLC sucked, so it would actually be cheaper for me to buy the last two DLCs at $10 a pop than to buy the season pass. Wondering what I should do...

I'm in the same situation.

Although even if the first piece of DLC isn't good, it's only $2.50 more, and you get the complete game.

Porterb1

Neo Member
BL2 Season pass on sale at Green Man Gaming today. $10.50 after the 30% discount using the code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831. Best deal I've come across and glad I waited a little longer to pick this up.

JMizzlin

Just bought the Game and Season Pass.

Any other DLC's I should get? Is the Collectors Edition content worth it for 400 ms points?

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: W3CTT-96CHC-WFBB3-B3BBT-XS66W
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WT53J-RJBXZ-6Z636-56J3B-RJ39R
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: WTWTJ-ZRHHW-JWWK3-9TKJB-ZKK53

good until Dec31

mileS

BL2 Season pass on sale at Green Man Gaming today. $10.50 after the 30% discount using the code GMG30-DPLIM-DN831. Best deal I've come across and glad I waited a little longer to pick this up.

Great deal! Thank you for posting this :) I rarely check that site out anymore.

Dibbz

Just bought Borderlands 2 for PC. Anyone up for some co-op? I played a little of the first one on PS3 but would really like to go through this one in co-op.

mileS

Are they keys or for a santa outfit or some shit

I believe that code is for 3 Golden Keys. Which normally the codes lately have been for one only.

Also the Mechromancer Pack is on sale at Greenman Gaming as well. I wonder if that discount code works for that one as well? or if theres another discount code to make it even cheaper? hmmm where do people normally find these codes anyway?

edit - Just tried that same code posted earlier on the Mechromancer Pack. It works. $3.50. WOOT

Just got the game and installing on Steam as I speak. Which class should I start with?

They're all good, tbh. All start rather slowly, then get strong over time. Of the 2 classes I built (Siren and Mechro), I'd say Siren was the most beginner-friendly thanks to her crowd control abilities. Phaselock is criminally underappreciated.

Mechro is cool in the "I can summon a semieffective meatshield" sort of way. Makes the first playthrough really easy IMO if you just wait for Deathtrap to respawn before moving onto the next heavily populated area because he can take so much abuse and keep the enemy distracted while you get free pot shots. Her anarchy tree is hella fun. Anyway, now that I think about it, she's not a character I'd suggest starting with.

I didn't really enjoy Gunzerker (got him maybe to level 17 and moved on) but he's the most powerful level 50 class in the game IMO (well, outside of a 600 stack Mechro I guess), so I assume he really comes into his own later in the game. Never played Axton or Zero so I can't offer an opinion there, but others love them both to death.

Jhoan

Started this game 2 days ago after getting frustrated with the DLC quests not activating despite all of them appearing in my quest list. I'll have to do a second play through of it at some point, properly beat General Knoxx (I took too long in the Armory) and do Claptrap's Robot Revolution for the achievements.

Been playing as a Gunzerker (previously a Berzerker which sucks since everyone I got into a duel with kicked my ass) which is so much more fun than the Berzerker. Unfortunately, it's a been a slow slog progressing the skill trees and getting to the more advanced stuff.

I'm currently level 17. I love all the improvements they made to this game over the first one. Having the option to opt out of dueling is a god send. I hated it in the first game; getting kicked out of someone's game for not accepting the player's dueling request sucked. The only thing I miss is head popping animation for getting head shots. I suppose getting a giant red Critical sign and blood gushes for head shots are decent, just not as satisfying.

Otherwise, it's a much better game with more interesting enemies. The Badass Points system is so much better than the original game's "shoot with guns, get better at using them." It adds a whole new layer of depth and personalization. The side quests are more varied as well. I loved the
Ninja Turtles reference side quest.

If anyone on the 360 version ever wants to buddy up and is up to
meeting Tina for the first time,
hit me up at Johan [space] El [space] Fuerte. I'll post some thoughts in future posts. I also got the Torgue DLC for free.

Zertez

I finally got the game for Christmas. Im going to hold off on DLC, in hopes the season pass goes on sale for the PS3 soon. Is the Mechromancer DLC worth getting from the start?

Beowulf28

I finally got the game for Christmas. Im going to hold off on DLC, in hopes the season pass goes on sale for the PS3 soon. Is the Mechromancer DLC worth getting from the start?
Played for a little while as a siren but got the Mechro and I'm loving it (first playthrough btw). Anarchy and deathtrap are fucking great.

Top Bottom