• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

JJD

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just found an amazing easy way to get infinite Golden Keys on the PS3. I don't know if this works on the 360.

I had just 2 Golden Keys, did it once with just one key to see if it worked. Everything went alright.

Reloaded the game and did it again with the 2 keys. Got some good loot.

After I loaded the game to do it a third time I got a message saying I now have 12 Golden keys!!! What an unexpected side effect! Hahahahahaha!

So happy right now!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I bought the 2 Borderlands games from Steam 2 days ago. I like the first Borderlands, but is there any cutscenes with people talking to each other in this game? The story almost only happen through quest logs and whoever that woman who speak in my head is. Is the 2nd game like this also?

Saerk

I bought the 2 Borderlands games from Steam 2 days ago. I like the first Borderlands, but is there any cutscenes with people talking to each other in this game? The story almost only happen through quest logs and whoever that woman who speak in my head is. Is the 2nd game like this also?

Mostly the same, but they did add a few cut scenes.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Just found an amazing easy way to get infinite Golden Keys on the PS3. I don't know if this works on the 360.

I had just 2 Golden Keys, did it once with just one key to see if it worked. Everything went alright.

After I loaded the game to do it a third time I got a message saying I now have 12 Golden keys!!! What an unexpected side effect! Hahahahahaha!

So happy right now!

This doesn't make sense. If you are saving and quitting it should record the amount of golden keys you used. Interesting...

JJD

This doesn't make sense. If you are saving and quitting it should record the amount of golden keys you used. Interesting...

Believe me, it works. The game saves every time as soon as you open the golden chest, but it doesn't matter.

Doesn't matter if you're online or not when you do it. You don't need a second controller or character and the game can be updated to the last patch.

I've done it at least 5 times now. Grabbed some sweet stuff, but no legendary yet. Anyone knows what's the drop rate for legendary items on the golden chest?

The exploit have nothing to do with me getting 10 extra golden keys when I reloaded. This is a know glitch that happens sometimes.

theytookourjobz

Just finished the main story with my Gunzerker. Played solo cuz my connection is a bit spotty but I still had a blast. Plenty of side quests left to do. Can someone explain what true vault hunter mode is? What should my next step be? Finish up side quests? Get the season pass? Level 29 btw.

Jrmint

What's everyone's consensus on the pirate dlc?

I started it today and got a few hours in. I really like it personally. That area with all the water was absolutely gorgeous.

Staab

I grabbed a key for the X360 version of the BL2 add-on raffle they had today.
No use to me since I don't have one, so if anyone wants it [quote!].
Would love a PC key in exchange but eh ~

What's everyone's consensus on the pirate dlc?

I started it today and got a few hours in. I really like it personally. That area with all the water was absolutely gorgeous.
Finished it 100% it.

I thought it was AWESOME, scarlet was really fun and funny.
side quest where great and the setting was a fresh feeling.

TheFatOne

Did they ever explain bad ass points in the game? I'm about half way through the game, and only now just realized I could assign the points I had accumulated for extra stat boosts. I don't at all remember the game explaining this mechanic.

theytookourjobz

Did they ever explain bad ass points in the game? I'm about half way through the game, and only now just realized I could assign the points I had accumulated for extra stat boosts. I don't at all remember the game explaining this mechanic.

Yeah, they're stat boosts that apply to all characters you create.

Yeah, they're stat boosts that apply to all characters you create.

No he means the game itself explaining what they are for in the course of playing, like how it teaches you to equip weapons etc.

I wish I had realized I could turn hints off before I got 30 minutes in and was bombarded with hint messages I was forced to read for a few seconds before I could close them.

Hey guys I have a 50 Siren and recently beat
Piston
in the latest DLC. It was tough but satisfying. Afterwards hooked up with a group and tried to take down the raid boss, and it was just hopeless. No chance in hell. So my question is, where do I need to go to 'progress', what gear should I be seeking out in order to take on the raid bosses?

gblues

Banned
Just finished the main story with my Gunzerker. Played solo cuz my connection is a bit spotty but I still had a blast. Plenty of side quests left to do. Can someone explain what true vault hunter mode is? What should my next step be? Finish up side quests? Get the season pass? Level 29 btw.

True Vault Hunter Mode (TVHM) is basically replaying the game, but with harder quests and better loot. To start TVHM, choose "select character." When you select your character, you'll be prompted to choose between Normal and TVHM.

You'll want to level up a little before you start it. I started at 29 with my first character, and TVHM was a little overwhelming. I'd suggest level 33-35 or so so you don't fall behind the difficulty curve.

Hey guys I have a 50 Siren and recently beat
Piston
in the latest DLC. It was tough but satisfying. Afterwards hooked up with a group and tried to take down the raid boss, and it was just hopeless. No chance in hell. So my question is, where do I need to go to 'progress', what gear should I be seeking out in order to take on the raid bosses?

Learn how to farm the treasure room in the captain scarlet dlc. You can farm certain bosses reliably, but the rest is a crap shoot. I farmed the warrior for three days and didn't get a single legendary. I now have about 15 legendaries from farming the trophy room. The only downside to trophy room farming is that you can't choose what you get, but the prospective loot is better. I got a leech and a vlad from the treasure room, two drops that are supposed to come from the warrior lol. Also got the legendary soldier class mod, twice. swag. My new load out is:

Resolute infinity: legendary pistol with infinite ammo
Accuminous hellfire: legendary smg with insane fire damage
Critical conference call: legendary shotgun with the multiplying bullets.
Mongol: legendary RPG that fires slat rockets that shoot out from a single rocket during flight

And the list goes on and on. Really the only weapon I wish I had legendary was a rifle, but there aren't any good ones other than the shreddifier which is impossible to farm so its no sweat. Save yourself the agony and just cheat, you'll be glad you did.

True Vault Hunter Mode (TVHM) is basically replaying the game, but with harder quests and better loot. To start TVHM, choose "select character." When you select your character, you'll be prompted to choose between Normal and TVHM.

You'll want to level up a little before you start it. I started at 29 with my first character, and TVHM was a little overwhelming. I'd suggest level 33-35 or so so you don't fall behind the difficulty curve.

"slightly overwhelming" is the best. I actually felt like I was earning everything. It's the equivalent of "Heroic" in Halo or something. :D

Jrmint

Captain Scarlett is so awesome.

"Musical Gonorrhea"
lmao

Note I haven't finished the dlc yet, but up till now she is excellent.

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

So happy right now!

I got 10 golden keys today too(up to 12 total). I thought the DLC I just downloaded came with extra keys or something

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I grabbed a key for the X360 version of the BL2 add-on raffle they had today.
No use to me since I don't have one, so if anyone wants it [quote!].
Would love a PC key in exchange but eh ~

Just redeemed this one, thanks! Don't have a PC code to give you though. :(

Pookmunki

Had this since launch but have been hesitant to get too far due to class indecision - what is the overall consensus on 'best'?

I'll likely be playing solo, if that has any bearing.

Will be picking up the season pass when on sale and will just want to tear through this as my next main game so any pointers will be much appreciated!

Jrmint

Had this since launch but have been hesitant to get too far due to class indecision - what is the overall consensus on 'best'?

I'll likely be playing solo, if that has any bearing.

Will be picking up the season pass when on sale and will just want to tear through this as my next main game so any pointers will be much appreciated!
I've played completely solo through the entire normal difficulty and pirate dlc so far as Axton.

His turret skill is so so good for solo skill. Also I'd recommend picking up some of the turret skills down the guerrilla tree such as rockets which make it godly.

Jrmint

Love the music in Magnys Lighthouse

Ok that ending to the pirate dlc was
EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING

Edit - I spoke too soon lol

Jezbollah

Are there any bladed weapons that offer more than +50% melee damage?

The Law gun adds 100% melee damage. Combine that with the Order shield and it's very potent. Law + Order together heals you for as much melee damage that you give on attack.

Both can be easily obtained by doing the Sheriff missions in Sanctuary - the standoff outside Scooters and the dead body investigation outside Marcus'

I have build this combo into my Melee Assassin build and it's pretty awesome.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
US PSN DLC code:

iZ5p44ydUa1BR.png

For fucks sakes. If I hadn't bought the seasons pass it would have been... well about the same price. If another dlc is free ill be pissed, otherwise keep calm and air guitar solo on Mr torgue squeedly weedly weeah

The Law gun adds 100% melee damage. Combine that with the Order shield and it's very potent. Law + Order together heals you for as much melee damage that you give on attack.

Both can be easily obtained by doing the Sheriff missions in Sanctuary - the standoff outside Scooters and the dead body investigation outside Marcus'

I have build this combo into my Melee Assassin build and it's pretty awesome.

Sweet, I need to get on 50 already.

Jrmint

Could someone repost that link of the quests to skip in TVHM until level 50?

I'm about to start that mode, thanks much.

Jrmint

Wow TVHM is no joke.

I'm just in the first area and these enemies hit extremely hard. The Bad Hair Day quest is particularly brutal since those Bullymongs are always in packs.

Am I going to be able to get through this mode solo? I'd really like to coop but none of my friends will pick up the game.

Wow TVHM is no joke.

I'm just in the first area and these enemies hit extremely hard. The Bad Hair Day quest is particularly brutal since those Bullymongs are always in packs.

Am I going to be able to get through this mode solo? I'd really like to coop but none of my friends will pick up the game.

Yes. Pace yourself and don't be in a rush. That's how you die, just like in Normal mode.

I've done all my play throughs solo.

nel e nel

Wow TVHM is no joke.

Yes. Pace yourself and don't be in a rush. That's how you die, just like in Normal mode.

I've done all my play throughs solo.

+1. I'd also add to start replacing your gear ASAP, even if you have legendaries. A level 38 white item can be more powerful than a level 33 blue item. Don't let the colors fool you.

Jrmint

+1. I'd also add to start replacing your gear ASAP, even if you have legendaries. A level 38 white item can be more powerful than a level 33 blue item. Don't let the colors fool you.

Yea that has been a tough truth sadly. It was hard replacing my Legendary sniper rifle with a green from the Bad Hair Day quest. Oh well lol

nel e nel

Yea that has been a tough truth sadly. It was hard replacing my Legendary sniper rifle with a green from the Bad Hair Day quest. Oh well lol

Yeah, I was the same. It was tough giving up my blue shotty for a white, but once I saw the results on those corrosive bullymongs I forgot my regret instantly.

It's kinda a shame that the sweet loot you get from The Warrior are almost immediately rendered moot if you jump into TVHM right away.

Another protip: make liberal use of slag.

nel e nel

Top Bottom