• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

mileS

Well there is Captains Scarlett's Pirate Booty and Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage so far. I think you should be in your 30's before you go into any of them, but i like to wait till you cap out to get better loot.

As for whats good, i disliked Mr Torgue's. The timed missions killed it for me.. but there is some funny missions and its still the same borderlands fun.

Yea but can't you do them twice? like once the first play through and again after you start over and keep leveling?

snack

What are keys for? I went on a hoarding spree inputting every code I could get my hands on.

Currently have 25...

madhtr

What are keys for? I went on a hoarding spree inputting every code I could get my hands on.

Currently have 25...

The chest gives you purple, and sometimes blue, items at your current level. Some are good, some are great, and if nothing else all are worth quite a bit of money.

Currently have 25...

For when you want a boost at the level you're at. The golden chest will pop out an item at the level you currently are (weapons, shields, and if you're unlucky relics and class mods). You can usually get a couple of good items out of it that can help you for at least 2 or 3 levels, as they'll typically have better stats than any other weapons you may have found at any given level. They're good if you're under-leveled and need a boost to get through "Tough" missions.

I had 30+ golden keys. Down to 15 because I kept pulling the proverbial slot machine trying to get shock weapons for my mechro. I just didn't care. In the end, I didn't need those weapons and only found 4 or 5 out of the bunch really useful, as I didn't in my first run to 50 with my Siren (where I didn't use any).

Currently have 25...

don't be afraid to use some of them up when your in need of better equipment. I think the best levels to use them are 15-45. using them on a lv 50 character is useless.

Jezbollah

don't be afraid to use some of them up when your in need of better equipment. I think the best levels to use them are 15-45. using them on a lv 50 character is useless.

I found that the best use of golden keys were for the early stages of TVHM - I certainly hit a brick wall a few times and found that a good purple pistol form that chest reinvigorated me considerably to continue.

cjsnapp

Neo Member
I just snagged this and the season pass last night through GMG with the 30% off on each. Only got about an hour to play last night but it's alot of fun already. I tried using SweetFX for the first time with it and this difference is pretty amazing. Highly recommend using it.

Also just joined the Steam GAF group. Hopefully get some co-op going soon.

Zertez

I guess I havent learned my lesson enough times yet. I picked this up for the PS3 and it has the usual stuttering, low framerate, tearing as most Unreal Engine games do on the PS3. The game cant even make it past the first cutscene of the vault hunters arriving on the scene without stuttering constantly.

I watched several reviews for the game and none of them mentioned the problems with the PS3 version. I wish more reviewers would try out every version of the game and then share their findings. I havent seen many people complaining about the PS3 version in this thread either, but guess it was in the OT1. Im going to take the game back and pick up the PC version. I know I probably should have got the PC version first, but I get to lay down and play the PS3 when Im sick and I cant do the same with the PC.

I guess I havent learned my lesson enough times yet. I picked this up for the PS3 and it has the usual stuttering, low framerate, tearing as most Unreal Engine games do on the PS3. The game cant even make it past the first cutscene of the vault hunters arriving on the scene without stuttering constantly.

I watched several reviews for the game and none of them mentioned the problems with the PS3 version. I wish more reviewers would try out every version of the game and then share their findings. I havent seen many people complaining about the PS3 version in this thread either, but guess it was in the OT1. Im going to take the game back and pick up the PC version. I know I probably should have got the PC version first, but I get to lay down and play the PS3 when Im sick and I cant do the same with the PC.

get a bluetooth adapter and install MotionJoy?

Is there any trick to finding Michael Mamaril? I don't want to tear Sanctuary apart every time I travel back to it, but nearing 45 I figured I'd have seen him by now.

Is there any trick to finding Michael Mamaril? I don't want to tear Sanctuary apart every time I travel back to it, but nearing 45 I figured I'd have seen him by now.

He's only got a few spots he appears in, so just check those each time. You can take a quick loop to see all the spots.

Near the newsstand in Sanctuary's main plaza
In an alley down the street from the front entrance to Moxxi's
Inside Moxxi's, near the bar
Inside Moxxi's, in the side room across from Sir Hammerlock
In Marcus' weapons shop
Near Claptrap's location, at the end of the street and in front of a building
Inside Scooter's garage, near a stack of tires
Inside Crimson Raider headquarters in the room with Tannis
Inside Zed's clinic
To the left of the door to Crazy Earl's Black Market

flake

So I'm lvl 35 and doing the DLC. Im getting hardly any XP from enemy kills. Should I be playing through the DLC on new game plus?

Thanks, I will have to look into it. I just wish devs would delay platforms that are buggy, until they are on par with the other versions.

cool. yea, I've been using motionjoy for years with my PS3 controller. I always just connected it to a USB cable, but it's always supported bluetooth for PS3 controllers. You just need a bluetooth adapter (if bluetooth isn't built into your machine).

In other news, just installed this GTX670. Coming from AMD where I couldn't see the PhysX effects. I missed a lot of the pretty stuff.

Jrmint

So I'm lvl 35 and doing the DLC. Im getting hardly any XP from enemy kills. Should I be playing through the DLC on new game plus?
It caps out at 30 on normal difficulty. Best to do it 25-30.

On TVHM it's level 50 only I think.

Jezbollah

Did some Treasure Room hunting this afternoon. Out of a dozen or so trips, got a Shredifier, Refil Baby Maker and a dum pa Nukem. Duped the Shredifier for some double Gunzerker action. I love this game.

Still farming for that elusive Redundant Fibber with 60k x 2 damage.....

Did some Treasure Room hunting this afternoon. Out of a dozen or so trips, got a Shredifier, Refil Baby Maker and a dum pa Nukem. Duped the Shredifier for some double Gunzerker action. I love this game.

Still farming for that elusive Redundant Fibber with 60k x 2 damage.....
Good luck with that bullshit bro.

After about 400 runs (yes four hundred) I called it quits.

Who dropped the shereddifier for you? I'd like to try to farm a shock one. Only have a caustic at the moment.

madhtr

Good luck with that bullshit bro.

After about 400 runs (yes four hundred) I called it quits.

Who dropped the shereddifier for you? I'd like to try to farm a shock one. Only have a caustic at the moment.

The Treasure Room in the Pirate DLC drops legendaries in some of its dozen or so chests it has. Just requires some work to get in there more than the twice each playthrough allows you normally.

The Treasure Room in the Pirate DLC drops legendaries in some of its dozen or so chests it has. Just requires some work to get in there more than the twice each playthrough allows you normally.
Ah. I have yet to actually play any of the DLC. I'ma get to that tonight.

Just finished the Torgue DLC. Holy shit Pete is hard to solo.

Well, not necessarially hard, but you really have to have a gameplan to solo him as Mechromancer.

I found this to work for me:

0.) Shock Sandhawk + Fibber + Bee

1.) Burstfire mode Sandhawk to lower shields fast

2.) Stay near the rinse nobs

3.) When rinsing off, have grenades to kill the enemies that pop out to get the shields immedately back to full

4.) Kite with bee amp damage + fibber

5.) Repeat 2-4 for awhile.

It still took like 10 minutes but I did get his ass. I initially tried to beat him with a Turtle shield and found that was just not efficient. I was fighting him literally 30 minutes and wound up getting killed by some minions that spawned at level 68. Pete was doing no damage against my 100k+ shield, but it was becoming increasingly difficult to kill SPIDERANTS...and you know that's saying something when you're right-clicking with quality legendaries. I don't really see how it could be done any other way with Mechro. I imagine that fight is infinitely easier with a Cataclysm Maya. Free slag + bee amp is probably epic. Or with a Gunzerker doing double the damage. With Mechro, you're just happy to get a few moments of reprieve from Deathtrap taking some of the attention off you. Soloing raid bosses is just not Mechromancer's thing. At all.

I did only fight Pete once, so I wonder if he's any easier when fighting him the next time. That was a really tough fight and I don't know how he can be realistically soloed without the items I had.

mileS

Wow Willhelm on TVHM was pretty ridiculous.

The amount of adds they throw at you is absurd.

I can't speak for TVHM. But normal co-op this fight seemed a little crazy and hard for me and my partner. Until I realized that it seems like the "mechanic" of the fight is to use the flying weak repair bots to constantly get back up from fight for your life. I assume thats what they were going for.

BeeDog

Meh, I've hit a brick wall on TVHM. :( Off to save Bloodwing, but the Super Badass Loaders (at lvl. 44) are just too hard, and my grind to level up from lvl. 41 is a proper slog.

Jrmint

I can't speak for TVHM. But normal co-op this fight seemed a little crazy and hard for me and my partner. Until I realized that it seems like the "mechanic" of the fight is to use the flying weak repair bots to constantly get back up from fight for your life. I assume thats what they were going for.
Yea that doesn't work as well in TVHM because those repair bots are all shielded and there's like 3 at once on the boss.

Yea that doesn't work as well in TVHM because those repair bots are all shielded and there's like 3 at once on the boss.

gotta upgrade your weapons, yo. I found him pretty easy to kite and cheap out. Just hang around the entrance point where you're somewhat shielded from his rocket attacks. It's just a matter of time before he goes night-night.

Happy New Year shift codes from Randy Pitchford's twitter:

PS3: 5J53B-J96CT-B5CCT-HBWT3-FTF55
PC: K353J-Z5JC5-KXJBB-TBTJB-95BWZ
X360: W3WB3-9CJ3F-RSFJF-KF3B3-TJTXJ

TheFatOne

Is there any reliable way to power level post patches? I already have one character at 50, and was just looking for ways to power level with my buddy. Any suggestions?

Unicorn

Is there any reliable way to power level post patches? I already have one character at 50, and was just looking for ways to power level with my buddy. Any suggestions?

Quickest way I've found is to have a high level join the low-level's game and just rush them through the campaign.

Jezbollah

Quickest way I've found is to have a high level join the low-level's game and just rush them through the campaign.

I did this, and through the first playthrough got my buddy to level 28. That would not be a great level to start TVHM quite honestly.

Repeat kill bosses or super badass enemies.

For me late (45-50), that was the super badass constructor in the statue cutting mission in Opportunity, Saturn, Bnk3r, Wilhelm. They all drop 15k-25k experience and all are very easy to kite. Otherwise, having a level 50 friend join you is about the now other option.

Oh, and get an under-leveled Bee. I had a level 48 one I forgot about that I had farmed. Took me from 48 to 50 in about 40 minutes.

Xevren

Bar room repeatable quest if you have the torgue dlc has to be one of the better methods since the flesh stick nerf I would think since you can force a spawn.

Insaniac

I'm looking for a (360) Legendary Siren class mod if someone wants to make a copy for me. I'm tired of trying to get Vermi to spawn. Send me a PM

speaking of Legendary class mods, does anyone other than Vermi drop them?

I'd like to get a Mechro Legendary class mod, but I'm not going to spend hours trying to get it from Vermi.

one85x

Pete can drop them if you can find a quick way to take him down. The Treasure Room is the next best option.

roger that. soloing pete pretty quickly now so I'll do that a few more times. then I'll move on to the Pirate DLC maybe tomorrow. thanks.

I've gotten two legendary class mods from the treasure room, both for my class. Ultimately that's probably the best place to go because even if you don't get the mod you will still get other stuff.

If you're on PS3, I could dupe one for you.
On PC sadly.

Anywho, I went ahead and farmed Pete for awhile before heading out for New Years festivities. He was rather generous. Found:

Homing Package nade
Nasty Surprise nade
Rolling Thunder nade
Stormfront nade
WTF shield
Transformer shield
2x Legendary Assassins Class Mods
Legendary Gunzerker Mod
Deft Emperor SMG
Sledge's Shotgun
Some Legendary Jachobs AR (can't remember the name)

Can't remember the last time I got 12 Legendary drops in one run, but there you have it. Thanks Pete! I do wish he had dropped the shit I was actually looking for though. (The Mechro Legendary class mod). I'll get around to that treasure room eventually...but Pete farming is too good to leave it just yet. Hopefully I'll be able to trade one of those assassins mods for the Mechro one. But idk.

How much damage do you need to solo Pete effectively?
A lot of damage to do it comfortably. I haven't done it with anyone but Gaige so far, but I'm very efficient with her now. Just need 3 specific items, a grenade mod, some specific skill tree choices, and about 6 minutes. that's it. I can go into detail for anyone playing Gaige.

Top Bottom