• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Insaniac

A lot of damage to do it comfortably. I haven't done it with anyone but Gaige so far, but I'm very efficient with her now. Just need 3 specific items, a grenade mod, some specific skill tree choices, and about 6 minutes. that's it. I can go into detail for anyone playing Gaige.

I'm curious, as I've started trying to equip my mechro for pete

Still no Mechro mod. Today's haul of shit I didn't want but got instead:

-Another Legendary Gunzreker mod
-Another Legendary Assassin mod (that makes 3)
-Legendary Commander mod
-Auditing Invader (sniper rifle)
-Rubberized Bonus Package nade
-Alkaline Wiskey Tango Foxtrot shield
-Nasty Suprise nade
-Black Hole shield

I mean, all I want is a damn Mechro Class Mod.

I'm curious, as I've started trying to equip my mechro for pete

I might just have to make a video because it'd be a bit more clear, but as far as items:

Setup:

-Fibber (1x or 2x, as long as it reflects)
-Shock Sandhawk
-Level 50 Bee shield
-Singularity grenade of any kind (I use Quasar)
-Anarchy, Bloodsoaked shields (maxed), Discord, Rational Anarchist, Shock and AAAAAGH skilled.

Notes (in no real order):

1.) Start with the Sandhawk and shave off all the shields. Switch to the Fibber as soon as the shields are down. When the shields go down, Pete will always do his main attack. Be moving towards the #1 valve as soon as you see the sheilds go down.
2.) Always pull the level on the #1 valve. Spiderants are easier to dispatch. The Shock and AAAAAGH nova aoe attack will usually dispatch them without even having to give them the time of day giving you 100% shields again.
3.) Max bloodsoaked shields means after Pete does his pyrocaustic attack forcing you to hit the lever, you'll be back up to 100% on your Bee by killing the ants (either by the shock nova or singularity grenades.
4.) Use your anarchy stack as soon as you get it if your Bee is max (or about to be max). You only need 25 to do what you want Anarchy to do against him (attack speed bonus).
5.) Always know where the #1 lever is on the map so that you can make a bee line to it when he's going for his main attack. It's not that the #2 lever is a problem, but the enemies drop more slowly and do much more damage than spiderants and attack from range. They're unsuitable targets for the Fibber and may require multiple grenades to deal with. #2 should always be a last resort.
6.) For efficiency, use your singularity grenade as soon as the first spider ant drops out of the tube. That'll usually draw them all in and kill them. One less thing to worry about, your shields are maxed, and you can go back to kiting Pete. Whether you kill the spider ants with reload or with a grenade is just a matter of preference. Grenades are faster, but either works.
7.) DeathTrap's only use here is as a temporary distraction for Pete, so prioritize your class mod and relic towards damage, reload speed or fire rate.

That's about it. Easier to show than explain. Once you get efficient, round trips (starting in pete's bar to sifting through your prizes and exiting) will be about 3:45.

Jezbollah

We should start greating subgroups in this thread to allow people who are willing get together to help eachother (maybe donate/dupe items) - PS3, Steam and 360 users alike. One man's trash is another man's treasure etc.

FerranMG

I'm almost done with the Campaign of Carnage. I'm missing some damned Moxxi pictures, but I have a lot of Torgue tokens, so:

- Is there a way to track how many pictures I have already collected? Just to know if farming Pyro Pete's bar is gonna take long or not. :/

- What are some good weapons in which to spend Torgue tokens? I'm leaning towards a Bonus Package grenade mod. There's also the Nukem rocket launcher, but even though it has great damage, the slow reload speed and the short magazine size don't make it a very good deal, I think.

BTW, I finally beat Pete the Invincible. I cheated a bit an exploited a geometry glitch, so he couldn't directly get me.
Still, I had to dodge the fire and corrosive attacks, and spent probably half an hour to kill him.
He has an insane amount of HP + shields, and I didn't have the best weapons: A shock sniper and a corrosive SMG. The Bee made the things much easier, though.

Xevren

As far as I can tell, there's no way to check to see how many of those stupid pictures you have. I just farmed them in the bar until I got the achievement.

Marvie_3

Banned
We should start greating subgroups in this thread to allow people who are willing get together to help eachother (maybe donate/dupe items) - PS3, Steam and 360 users alike. One man's trash is another man's treasure etc.

I don't have a lot of good stuff to trade but I made an excellent decoy/meat shield. :D

I'm almost done with the Campaign of Carnage. I'm missing some damned Moxxi pictures, but I have a lot of Torgue tokens, so:

- Is there a way to track how many pictures I have already collected? Just to know if farming Pyro Pete's bar is gonna take long or not. :/

- What are some good weapons in which to spend Torgue tokens? I'm leaning towards a Bonus Package grenade mod. There's also the Nukem rocket launcher, but even though it has great damage, the slow reload speed and the short magazine size don't make it a very good deal, I think.

BTW, I finally beat Pete the Invincible. I cheated a bit an exploited a geometry glitch, so he couldn't directly get me.
Still, I had to dodge the fire and corrosive attacks, and spent probably half an hour to kill him.
He has an insane amount of HP + shields, and I didn't have the best weapons: A shock sniper and a corrosive SMG. The Bee made the things much easier, though.
Bonus Package is cool. Nukem is neat but not really useful in real fights.

And yea, any Raid Boss without the proper gear is nigh impossible solo. Against Pete in particular, where even the Spiderants can level up high enough to kill you. Before I got some decent gear, I was trying to beat Pete with a turtle shield and regular stuff. Nope.avi. I did get him down to about 30%, but Spiderants were spawning at level 68. Just couldn't stay upright even with 160k shields.

Perhaps the one aspect Gearbox could have developed more but didn't. Coming from TF2/Dota2/Diablo3, there are not shortage of options for trading. I shouldn't be looking for this Mechro Mod for 3 days while sitting on 4 other Legendary mods. It's just that nobody here or in the Gearbox forums ever seems to respond. Maybe nobody plays long enough to get Legendary drops. Most of the people playing on my FL stopped playing after they beat the game the first time. Maybe that's a hint. Idk.

madhtr

Finished the Pirate DLC on TVHM last night.... 10 times, no luck on legendaries so far... but I am in this for the long haul. And, yes, I know 10 times is miniscule, just what I had time for last night.

After a loooong break I'm farming BNKER again but I will ask if anyone have a Shrapnel Slayer head for Maya and save me some time.

Still no Mechro mod. Today's haul of shit I didn't want but got instead:

I have a legendary lvl 50 mod but I play it on Xbox.

EDIT: Oh, you play it on PC.

Xevren

After a loooong break I'm farming BNKER again but I will ask if anyone have a Shrapnel Slayer head for Maya and save me some time.

I have a legendary lvl 50 mod but I play it on Xbox.

EDIT: Oh, you play it on PC.

I'm fairly certain I have that, but I will not be able to play until the weekend. So if you still need it by then, you're welcome to it.

I just keep raiding the treasure room to no avail... I just have a bunch of money.

I don't know what it is and I have no scientific evidence to back it up, but I would never get a legendary unless I opened all of the outside boxes first and then opened the inside skull boxes. Also I always opened the hidden box first, it had a legendary commando class mod in it, so yeah, definitely worth opening.

madhtr

I don't know what it is and I have no scientific evidence to back it up, but I would never get a legendary unless I opened all of the outside boxes first and then opened the inside skull boxes. Also I always opened the hidden box first, it had a legendary commando class mod in it, so yeah, definitely worth opening.

Well, may way isn't working, going from inside out, so I'm gonna try it your way for a while.

Well, may way isn't working, going from inside out, so I'm gonna try it your way for a while.

I will also point out, going inside out as well as doing a mix of both never seemed to yield any positive results, it still ook me An average of maybe four runs, but I was consistently getting legendaries and now I'm swimming in them to the point where Ive stopped playing bl2. I could probably use a few more legendaries, but ultimately I'm not sweating if.

madhtr

I was starting to think I was cursed, but finally got something out of these treasure room trips, a Corporate Bitch. At least I know I can get something out of this.

ckohler

Does anyone have a level 50 Flame of the Firehawk for Xbox? I stupidly completed that mission before beating the Warrior on my second playthrough (on both my characters!). :p

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Anyone want to add me on PS3 and help me farm a bee shield? I'm a mere lvl 26 or 7 so some help with killing the holder of said shield would help. I would even tag along to a higher level to get me caught up to my friends level who are 4-5 higher than mine.

one_kill

Anyone want to add me on PS3 and help me farm a bee shield? I'm a mere lvl 26 or 7 so some help with killing the holder of said shield would help. I would even tag along to a higher level to get me caught up to my friends level who are 4-5 higher than mine.
No point in farming a Bee shield at your level.

FerranMG

Does anyone have a level 50 Flame of the Firehawk for Xbox? I stupidly completed that mission before beating the Warrior on my second playthrough (on both my characters!). :p

I have one. I guess it'll be level 50, since I got it in PT 2.5, but will double check it this afternoon just in case.
I also have a lvl 50 Black Hole Shield, if you were interested.

GT is Ferran84. I'm in UTC+1.

Does anyone have a lvl 50 Bee, a lvl 50 Pandemic grenade mod, or a lvl 50 Conference Call for trade or dupe?

Xevren

Anyone willing to hook me up with a Shredifier or mechromancer legendary mod on Xbox? Gamertag is Urishizu.

Sure, I have both (shock variant on Shredifier). Just send me a friend request, GT is Xevren11. I can hop on tonight once I'm off work or try and get them to you at some point this weekend.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

I know how the game works but I want even a lower level one right now. I get that it's useless in the grand scheme of getting good lvl 50's. I have all 5 classes maxed out on PC so this is not a foreign concept but I would still like help doing that mission and a higher level friend would be a great help.

Inskipp

lol, taking an hour to kill a boss.
You can speed up the progress by making Gee ingest multiple acid clouds. After around 6-7 acid clouds he dies in about 10 or so minutes. I don't see why anyone would want to sit behind that rock for an hour, as the benefit really doesn't outweigh that much waiting (imo).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Random question - I started up a side quest during TVHM that didn't have any unique rewards (Assassinate the Assassins), but it turns out the assassins I have to kill have blue and above drops. As soon as I discovered this after killing the first assassin and having him drop a Commerce, I dashboarded and when I loaded up my save it hadn't registered that I killed him yet. If I leave the quest undone and then come back after beating TVHM, will all the enemies in this area have leveled up to 50, and will their drops also level up to 50?

Krelian

Random question - I started up a side quest during TVHM that didn't have any unique rewards (Assassinate the Assassins), but it turns out the assassins I have to kill have blue and above drops. As soon as I discovered this after killing the first assassin and having him drop a Commerce, I dashboarded and when I loaded up my save it hadn't registered that I killed him yet. If I leave the quest undone and then come back after beating TVHM, will all the enemies in this area have leveled up to 50, and will their drops also level up to 50?
I'm pretty sure their level will remain the same. It will be the level you accepted the mission at.

If you accepted the mission, it's too late. You have to leave it as "undiscovered". With the exclamation point. And it's not enough to hit level 50; you need to finish the game the second time through. THEN all undiscovered missions become 50 missions.

Just find a list of missions to leave undiscovered (lots of lists on interwebs) and leave those alone. Do all the rest.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Arghh dammit. Yeah I have a list of all the missions but I was sitting on my couch and didn't feel like getting off my ass to check the list. Thanks for the info.

one85x

It's only the quest rewards that get locked in once you accept the mission. The enemies involved in the quest will still level up to 50 after you complete the game.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, so maybe there's still hope. They're drops from the enemies, not a quest reward, which is why I was thinking I might be able to save it until later.

madhtr

Update on my Treasure Room progress. I'd say I've gone between 50-100 times now and have:

Corporate Bitch
Neutralizing Hornet
Sticky Longbow Quasar
Homing Fire Bee

I have a form of the AR, Kerblaster, but I left that in Sanctuary, so I forget which version I have.
I also have an Inflammable The Bee at Lv.49, but I got that the normal way, and not through the TR. Man, writing it down makes it seem like a lot less than what it feels like playing the game.

Edit: The run after I typed this, I got an Impaler and Black Hole shields in one chest. I definitely enjoy this more than all the Warrior farming that never got me anything.

Jrmint

So I love this game but never played Borderlands 1.

GOTY Edition of that game is currently 7.50 on Steam and I'm wondering if it holds up well after putting over 100 hours in BL2?

Top Bottom