• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

So I love this game but never played Borderlands 1.

GOTY Edition of that game is currently 7.50 on Steam and I'm wondering if it holds up well after putting over 100 hours in BL2?

You'll be thinking of how you'd rather play BL2 pretty much the whole time, unless you have friends to play with.

Our progress of this week:
Past the 100 hour mark :D

mobile.17ykbvl.jpg

(all this is in 2 player co-op only we play once sometimes twice a week since release day last year).

Finished the 2nd DLC, Mr. Torgue's.
IT WAS AWESOME ! loved it every step of the way!

Mr. Torgue's is HILARIOUS ! :D did every side quest every main quest, except all the lvl 50 missions because we are not high lvl enough to even try that.
But progress has been good.

Main game 99% done (last main quest remaining)
Captain Scarlett 100% done
Mr. Torgue's 99% done (need to do the lvl 50 side quests)

Next week its onto the finishing the main game, than the week after that the starting the 3rd DLC.

AFTER that starting playtrough 2.

Hopefully lvl cap increase is coming soon though :p.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i got this wonderful new lvl 25 orange assault rifle that is 3x more powerful than all my sniper rifles, have a very good 93.0 accuracy, has a sniper-like zoom AND also shoots much faster. Not to mention the much bigger magazine size. It's awesome, but it kinda sucks for my Assassin since i lose some of my sniper skills by using this assault rifle, but the difference in power is too big to ignore. I kill almost everything with 1 critical shot and the tougher enemies are not even a threat. :D

mileS

Anyone with the Special Edition PC version willing to hook me up with 1-2 heads ? (aka start a new character and drop them) I'd be willing to trade for them if at all possible. Anyways let me know.

Amon37

Boom just dropped an orange wtf?

Edit: seriously glitches playthough, I'm not shutting my ps3 off. Flynt dropped his orange.

I have the hornet,lobbed bounces package and potent thunder ball fists and I'm level 7.

Maybe every boss will drop a legendary.

one_kill

Boom just dropped an orange wtf?

Edit: seriously glitches playthough, I'm not shutting my ps3 off. Flynt dropped his orange.

I have the hornet,lobbed bounces package and potent thunder ball fists and I'm level 7.

Maybe every boss will drop a legendary.
You're lucky dude! I've only had two or three legendaries drop for me. Most of the ones I have were from other people.

voltron

Level cap increase Randy... When when when !!!!??????????

Seriously wtf are they waiting for? Surely there's a critical zone where people will keep playing or move the fuck on to new and shinier. That window is closing fast.

On a more positive note, damn that hyperius boss is hard in the dlc. It even possible with just 2 players? And where is the best place to get this infinity pistol? Seems to be the best gun to use from what I've read.

one_kill

Level cap increase Randy... When when when !!!!??????????

Seriously wtf are they waiting for? Surely there's a critical zone where people will keep playing or move the fuck on to new and shinier. That window is closing fast.

On a more positive note, damn that hyperius boss is hard in the dlc. It even possible with just 2 players? And where is the best place to get this infinity pistol? Seems to be the best gun to use from what I've read.
The Infinity is convenient, but it's hardly a good gun. The Unkempt Harold is a better pistol IMO, especially with the Bee. But the best combination you can get right now is a Redundant Fibber with the Bee.

ckohler

The Infinity is convenient, but it's hardly a good gun. The Unkempt Harold is a better pistol IMO, especially with the Bee. But the best combination you can get right now is a Redundant Fibber with the Bee.

I have an Action Fibber. It's still the same as the Redundant at least when it comes to Bee damage, right? It seems to do the pellets.

Jezbollah

I'm really hitting a brick wall now with not being able to kill Hyperious. Not disliking the game because of it, because I have enough quests with all my characters to play though, but it's beyond annoying now. Ugh.

one_kill

I have an Action Fibber. It's still the same as the Redundant at least when it comes to Bee damage, right? It seems to do the pellets.
The Redundant has a x2 multiplier meaning increased pellet count. It's the better, if not the best, variation for the Fibber if we're talking about potential damage output from a Fibber/Bee combination.

I'm really hitting a brick wall now with not being able to kill Hyperious. Not disliking the game because of it, because I have enough quests with all my characters to play though, but it's beyond annoying now. Ugh.
Yeah, it sucks that the two raid bosses in the Pirate DLC weren't nerfed when the Bee was patched.

Insaniac

the raid bosses in the pirate DLC aren't even worth the frustration. The Torgue raid boss is much more enjoyable. An interesting and fair fight, and enemies that you can actually phaselock.

Jrmint

I love the reload animation on this gun for some reason, not sure why.

Also love the animation for the sniper which slides the scope forward to reload, looks so cool to me.

The little things I guess.

TheFatOne

So GAF I just got a redundant fibber, but it's a slag version. Should I keep it or go for the regular version or another elemental type?

So GAF I just got a redundant fibber, but it's a slag version. Should I keep it or go for the regular version or another elemental type?

does it reflect off the ground? or does it shoot the slow bullets or 2 big ones that bounce around?

(if it reflects, keep it. if not, keep farming)

I did about 300 runs and got 3 redundant fibbers, but they were both the wrong kind (2 slow shotgun style, 1 bouncing bullets).

TheFatOne

does it reflect off the ground? or does it shoot the slow bullets or 2 big ones that bounce around?

(if it reflects, keep it. if not, keep farming)

I did about 300 runs and got 3 redundant fibbers, but they were both the wrong kind (2 slow shotgun style, 1 bouncing bullets).

Yea it's the one that reflects of the ground. I got two others, but they weren't the right kind. I'm just trying to find a way to solo terramorphous. I tried using the redundant fibber, but it's not working out for me.

Yea it's the one that reflects of the ground. I got two others, but they weren't the right kind. I'm just trying to find a way to solo terramorphous. I tried using the redundant fibber, but it's not working out for me.

that should do just fine. it's not really about the stated damage. it's about how it multiplies with the bee.

give it a try and see how it works for you. you'll still have to hide behind that one rock...but you should be able to kill Terra in 4 or 5 minutes or so.

edit: hmm. can you post a pic of the specs? but yea it's not like before the patch when you could kill him in 10 seconds with anyone with the right weapons. You have to hide behind that rock and you'll still get downed no matter who you're playing (unless Gunzerker with 2 redundant fibbers, I guess).

In fact, with Terra, I don't use the Bee at all. I use one of those high powered turtle shields. like 140k shields. you can't solo terra by dancing around him. his tentacles don't miss UNLESS you're tucked behind that rock. if you don't have a high cap shield (100k+), get one or farm one. you'll need it to absorb the unexpected hit or two that sneaks in even when behind the rock (like the thrown boulders). Without using the Bee in that way, it'll take 5-6 minutes.

Has anyone seen a list of consistent cases where self-damage from weapons grants Rocket Ammo from Absorb Shields?

Things I've tried that don't work:
* Torgue Weapons (I haven't found one, anyway)
* E-Tech Fire Shotguns (stands to reason that none do)
* Explosive Assault Rifles (Non-Torgue)
* E-Tech Pistol (un-typed Spikers)

Things I've tried that work:
* "Grenade Launcher" Assault Rifles (the ones with the delayed grenade)

I haven't tried ALL the possibilities, yet and someone just turned me on to the E-Tech stuff, so I've been trying to go through those. I really wanna try a Rocket Launcher-heavy build (Gunzerker, maybe), using the Absorb Shield to replenish ammo :)

The Grenade Assault Rifle could work (and I know there's the Orange Minelayer one) but it just isn't super reliable. Ideally, I'd be able to just shoot the ground in front of me while running etc.

one85x

Has anyone seen a list of consistent cases where self-damage from weapons grants Rocket Ammo from Absorb Shields?

Things I've tried that don't work:
* Torgue Weapons (I haven't found one, anyway)
* E-Tech Fire Shotguns (stands to reason that none do)
* Explosive Assault Rifles (Non-Torgue)
* E-Tech Pistol (un-typed Spikers)

Things I've tried that work:
* "Grenade Launcher" Assault Rifles (the ones with the delayed grenade)

I haven't tried ALL the possibilities, yet and someone just turned me on to the E-Tech stuff, so I've been trying to go through those. I really wanna try a Rocket Launcher-heavy build (Gunzerker, maybe), using the Absorb Shield to replenish ammo :)

The Grenade Assault Rifle could work (and I know there's the Orange Minelayer one) but it just isn't super reliable. Ideally, I'd be able to just shoot the ground in front of me while running etc.
A low-level Logan's Gun is probably the best option. Here's a video of someone using it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmaf97CjkVI (end game area and boss involved)

nel e nel

the raid bosses in the pirate DLC aren't even worth the frustration. The Torgue raid boss is much more enjoyable. An interesting and fair fight, and enemies that you can actually phaselock.

Yeah, just did Hyperius and Master Gee for the first time last night. Even though we did them at level 30, and we had a level 50 in our group who blasted Hyperius in about 20 seconds, it was clear that both of these bosses would be a major PITA at level 50.

Interestingly enough, neither of them dropped any seraph crystals.

ZeroCoin

PC Patch notes.....

Update v1.3.1 (Released 1/9/2013)
Added support for text input using the gamepad for Steam's Big Picture mode.
Fixed a bug causing players to sometimes get stuck in the "Whoops" mission of the Captain Scarlett DLC.
Deathtrap can no longer restore an enemy's shields, even though it was hilarious.
Fixed a bug that caused off-hand weapons to sometimes deal improper damage while Gunzerking.
Addressed an issue where shotguns did not receive full damage boosts from skills and gear.

Hooray for the deathtrap and gunzerking fixes at last.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
2k Publisher Sale on Xbox360

Borderlands – $9.99
Borderlands ‘Secret Armory’ – 400 MSP
Borderlands ‘The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned’ – 400 MSP
Borderlands ‘The Underdome’ – 400 MSP
Borderlands ‘New Revolution’ – 400 MSP
Borderlands 2 ‘Mechromancer Pack’ – 400 MSP

Hmm tempting. If only they had the BL2 DLC missions on sale for 50% off I probably would have snatched up a few. As it stands I'm still doing TVHM with my first character (Siren), so I don't see the point in getting a Mechro when I still need to play through as the other three characters.

That run back on Terramorphous is worse than Terramorphous himself.

Is there any other place to get a decent class mod at 50? I'm not in 2.5 yet, I just got to Sawtooth. I've got level 30 mods. And is melee ever viable in the endgame? I feel like it's great on small mobs and not so great on anything else.

FrigidEh

So I've just finished up Sawtooth Canyon in Playthrough 2 and will be done soon. What should I be doing postgame? If I'm not level 50 yet I'll grind that out, but what weapons should I be grinding for and is any of the DLC worth it? I usually play by myself or I'll just join a random matchmaking game.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
So I've just finished up Sawtooth Canyon in Playthrough 2 and will be done soon. What should I be doing postgame? If I'm not level 50 yet I'll grind that out, but what weapons should I be grinding for and is any of the DLC worth it? I usually play by myself or I'll just join a random matchmaking game.

Can't really help you since I'm still working through playthrough 2, but I'd imagine if you saved any side quests you should do them after they level up to 50 so that you can get some cool gear.

jondabomb

would anyone with a conference call or a shredifier be wiling to dupe or trade with me on ps3. I've farmed for my other legendaries, but trying to get those two guns from the warrior without the moonshot is just taking forever.

Bisnic

How far am i into the story? I just entered Arid Nexus or something like that.

Story feels like it's almost over and i'm just lvl 32. How am i going to get those last 18 lvls? By killing enemies? There doesn't seem to be a lot of optional quests left if the story is almost done.

As a sidenote, i just discovered the badass tokens! I'm so fucking late to that lol. I had 93 of them to spend at once.

How far am i into the story? I just entered Arid Nexus or something like that.

Story feels like it's almost over and i'm just lvl 32. How am i going to get those last 18 lvls? By killing enemies? There doesn't seem to be a lot of optional quests left if the story is almost done.

As a sidenote, i just discored the badass tokens! I'm so fucking late to that lol. I had 93 of them to spend at once.

New game plus, otherwise known as True Vault Hunter Mode. You'll unlock it when you beat the main game.

Bisnic

New game plus, otherwise known as True Vault Hunter Mode. You'll unlock it when you beat the main game.

So there is no way to hit the max lvl with the normal mode huh? I died plenty of times with this one, so i'm not sure i'm gonna be able to do that true vault hunter mode if it's 10x harder. :lol

So there is no way to hit the max lvl with the normal mode huh? I died plenty of times with this one, so i'm not sure i'm gonna be able to do that true vault hunter mode if it's 10x harder. :lol

Probably not, I think the mobs cap out in the 30s so you wouldn't get exp after a while. And TVHM isn't that hard.

Xevren

I'm sure it's possible, but it'd be really stupid to even try. TVHM starts in the mid 30's anyway, it's what you're supposed to do.

TVHM isn't hard. You just have to play like you played when you started your level 1 character: slow and conservative. Don't take missions that are "Tough" unless you want a challenge. Don't take missions that are hard for any reason.

Bisnic

TVHM isn't hard. You just have to play like you played when you started your level 1 character: slow and conservative. Don't take missions that are "Tough" unless you want a challenge. Don't take missions that are hard for any reason.

I always do quests when they're normal or trivial. I did all the quests i could find, and around lvl 22-26, i had a lot of trivial ones. :p If i kill most enemies i come across and do all the quests, i never have to do quests while they're flagged as "Tough".

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I always do quests when they're normal or trivial. I did all the quests i could find, and around lvl 22-26, i had a lot of trivial ones. :p If i kill most enemies i come across and do all the quests, i never have to do quests while they're flagged as "Tough".

Well the thing about TVHM is that you're not supposed to do any side quests (or at least, side quests that give you blue and above rewards) until you completely finish TVHM. The reason being that once you finish the story on TVHM, all the quests that you haven't picked up yet (i.e. are not in your quest log) level up to 50, and their rewards also level up to 50.

I'm playing through TVHM now and honestly it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. I mean yeah the enemies are tougher, but you also start with a bunch of strong weapons (whatever you have now carries over to TVHM), and you know how to fight enemies, so I've ended up dying much, much less than on my first playthrough.

To be fair though I am doing the "safe" side quests (quests that give you green or below rewards), that way I can still gain XP and also save the good quest rewards until after I beat the game on TVHM.

Jezbollah

From what I read, it's live now. Increased rare drop rate for shotguns IMO. I'm going to jump on my Assassin to do some random quests

Top Bottom