• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well the thing about TVHM is that you're not supposed to do any side quests (or at least, side quests that give you blue and above rewards) until you completely finish TVHM. The reason being that once you finish the story on TVHM, all the quests that you haven't picked up yet (i.e. are not in your quest log) level up to 50, and their rewards also level up to 50.

I'm playing through TVHM now and honestly it's not as difficult as I thought it would be. I mean yeah the enemies are tougher, but you also start with a bunch of strong weapons (whatever you have now carries over to TVHM), and you know how to fight enemies, so I've ended up dying much, much less than on my first playthrough.

To be fair though I am doing the "safe" side quests (quests that give you green or below rewards), that way I can still gain XP and also save the good quest rewards until after I beat the game on TVHM.

Hm I see, but once i beat normal mode, i'm not sure if i want to continue with TVHM on my assassin, or buy the DLC to try the mechnomancer or whatever she's called. She looks fun.

Hm I see, but once i beat normal mode, i'm not sure if i want to continue with TVHM on my assassin, or buy the DLC to try the mechnomancer or whatever she's called. She looks fun.

You don't reach "max fun" with these classes until you get higher than 30 man. Finish the fight. Go for 50.

and Mechro is just aiight. Deathtrap does a good job being a meat shield. Otherwise, I think Siren was the most fun class I've played so far.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I think the Mechromancer DLC for 360 is on sale this week, so if you want to get that do it soon. I haven't bought it because I've been playing as the Siren and she's been a lot of fun, and with three other classes to play I don't feel an immediate urge to buy the Mechro right away. Plus I think Gearbox is releasing a new class in the first quarter of this year so I'm waiting to see what that's about.

Found an interesting quote from their site anyone know what it means?
Gear up for the release of Sir Hammerlock’s Big Game Hunt -- the third campaign add-on for Borderlands 2, arriving January 15 -- with special in-game events this weekend!

The festivities begin today, January 11, with Vault Hunters reporting an influx of powerful shotguns throughout Pandora. To join in the fun, simply boot up Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet and start looting before the supply runs dry -- based on current conditions, expect the excess to be exhausted on Saturday, January 12 at 10:55AM CST / 4:55PM GMT

EDIT: more codes from Randy

PS3: 53KBB-SKC53-WWC53-Z353J-CKFRZ
PC/MAC: CTCBJ-CK6KW-SCF33-TJJJT-WB3CB
360: CBWBJ-CSC9W-9HXJX-WFB33-WB9SX

nel e nel

Just a general increase everywhere? Okay.

I was perusing the gearbox forums for scuttlebutt, and one guy reported getting two Conference Calls from 1 warrior run, another ran Pete the Invincible ~10 times and only got greens and blues, not a single white.

Rumor going around is maybe there will be a different gun class boost in drop rates each day this weekend, as the shotgun boost ends tomorrow.

It also brought up the question that if they are able to alter drop rates server side, how often have they been tweaking it since release?

So I played multiplayer for the first time and this one guy was hogging all the loot. He also refused to rez members until he made sure he got all the loot. Is this what its like to play on multiplayer?

Jezbollah

So I played multiplayer for the first time and this one guy was hogging all the loot. He also refused to rez members until he made sure he got all the loot. Is this what its like to play on multiplayer?

When you play without people you know/respect, I guess that is the way. Sad IMO.

nel e nel

It's not always like that, but dicks are everywhere. This is why I prefer to be the host, so I can have kicking privileges.

I've seen loot hogs but I never had the rez problem. I just quit out of those games until I found a better one. Shouldn't take too long.

GreenScar

I was perusing the gearbox forums for scuttlebutt, and one guy reported getting two Conference Calls from 1 warrior run, another ran Pete the Invincible ~10 times and only got greens and blues, not a single white.

I thought you could only go at Pete once a day.

CUD

Banned
Had this game since release but still haven't finished it, my co-op partner and I need to get back into it.

Either Pete got an HP buff or the Fibber got a nerf of some kind.

It's taking me about 250 extra bullets to kill him now than it took last time I was farming Pete. It's not any harder per se, but maybe a minute or two have been added to the total kill time.

Did a few runs and got a legendary shield (Inflamatory The Cradle) and another Legendary Gunzerker mod. meh. I'll go farm terra and see if anything feels boosted.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I haven't touched this since Mechromancer dropped and now I'm thinking about getting back in.

What did I miss?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Not so much the DLC but the patch notes and stuff. I kinda expected a lot of things to get nerfed/changed when I left.

Jezbollah

Its not increased drops for rares, just an abundance of higher damage weapons of all rarity.

Eg, was farming the Warrior and saw a green shotgun that matched stat for stat a purple shotgun I use for my hybrid Mechromancer, except the purple has a lower ammo capacity (I use that to build up Anarchy.

Its just a damage rating hike from what I see. I think it's to appease and help those who want to jump into the Hammerlock DLC who havent had the luck at rare drops or used shift keys in BL2 up until now.

HuntTheMusic

Neo Member
Just finished up Playthrough 1 with my Gunzerker at level 34. I have a few side quests to mop up but then I want to go straight into the DLC in release order. Am I better off skipping it on playthrough 1 and heading straight into TVHM and doing it there so I continue levelling?

I don't want to erode the levelling benefit by doing it in playthrough 1 but at the same time I have read that if I start the DLC in TVHM it won't scale to 50 when I hit the cap even in playthrough 2.5 is this correct?

I'm a little confused.

Just finished up Playthrough 1 with my Gunzerker at level 34. I have a few side quests to mop up but then I want to go straight into the DLC in release order. Am I better off skipping it on playthrough 1 and heading straight into TVHM and doing it there so I continue levelling?

I don't want to erode the levelling benefit by doing it in playthrough 1 but at the same time I have read that if I start the DLC in TVHM it won't scale to 50 when I hit the cap even in playthrough 2.5 is this correct?

I'm a little confused.

I had some difficulty getting Campaign of Carnage to scale since I did it pretty much first thing in TVHM, but somehow exiting and reloading while in the Forge brought the vending machines and the mobs up to 50+. I'm going through Captain Scarlett's DLC now in 2.5 and the quests and everything is at 50.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
My buddy picked up a Legendary Mechromancer class mod yesterday while farming Pete.

I didn't see many Shotguns actually drop. Is anyone actually noticing an increased %?

madhtr

My buddy picked up a Legendary Mechromancer class mod yesterday while farming Pete.

I didn't see many Shotguns actually drop. Is anyone actually noticing an increased %?

Apparently all shotgun drops were just higher damage variations, but that ended at 11:55am on Saturday. Right now it's grande mods.

Played the game for an HOUR yesterday and no loot thing from this special weekend had been dropped once :(
Do you have to be at a special place or a special level or something?

Played almost the entire weekend and I did see a very noticeable increase of shotgun drops but right now it seems that there is an increase of rocket launchers instead of grenade mods.

9 out of 10 chests I opened were riddled with useless rocket launchers.

All of this makes me wonder how much Gearbox altered server-side without telling us.

If they could change the drops that easy, why did they not make the drops a little better for solo players. There were/are dozens of posts on the Gearbox forum asking for that.

Jezbollah

Played almost the entire weekend and I did see a very noticeable increase of shotgun drops but right now it seems that there is an increase of rocket launchers instead of grenade mods.

9 out of 10 chests I opened were riddled with useless rocket launchers.

All of this makes me wonder how much Gearbox altered server-side without telling us.

If they could change the drops that easy, why did they not make the drops a little better for solo players. There were/are dozens of posts on the Gearbox forum asking for that.

I think they've also nerfed the drop rate (hopefully temporarily) for the treasure room. Made a few runs in there and there were almost all greens and a few whites with a couple of blues and the odd purple.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if this is a move to locate all the rare gathering sites over to the new DLC.

madhtr

Today is about powerful sniper rifles. I don't think they changed the drop rates of any guns/items, just increased the damage they can cause/protect against.

And for tomorrow: "What will tomorrow, the final day of the Gear Up Weekend, bring? Whatever it is, expect it to be big -- literally."

one85x

Tomorrow is supposedly going to be increased spawn rates for Vermi. There was a schedule leaked early on that's been correct so far.

madhtr

It also says bring your best gear. A special boss somewhere?

Ah, yeah, I didn't even notice that. Well, if it IS Vermi, I will just keep looting the treasure room and hoping for the best. I have a shit ton of stuff from there. A couple Bitches, a Slagga, a Varuc, Volcano, an Infinity, Gub, another pistol (forget the name), and a few shields. I've sold a number of Bitch variations, and a few Slagga. Still hoping to find a legendary launcher, and maybe a shotgun or two.

Top Bottom