• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

one85x

If you're on console, that redundant fibber should do the job. He clips through everything, so it's usually more of an ammo problem than anything else.

madhtr

I think they've also nerfed the drop rate (hopefully temporarily) for the treasure room. Made a few runs in there and there were almost all greens and a few whites with a couple of blues and the odd purple.

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if this is a move to locate all the rare gathering sites over to the new DLC.

I thought the same thing, but I just got a Hammer Buster and a Pitchfork on one run, so it's still going strong.

I meant for purchasing.

Seasons Pass includes: Scarlett, and Torgue.

But then I need to get the Slaughterdome and Mechro separate right?

Yes. The slaughterdome is just more arena shit. skip it.

Mechro is the best class until level 40-50, then the siren is better.

Does the DLC scale exactly to your level in the first playthrough? I am playing a new Gaige with both DLC packs installed, and Captain Scarlett did appear to scale to the level I was at when I first entered Oasis (15). Now that I'm 20, will the Mr. Torque DLC scale up to level 20 mobs and above if I go there next?

TheFatOne

Hmm I can't quite figure out the treasure room exploit. I get to the spot where you are supposed to jump, but I can't find the ledge.

madhtr

Hmm I can't quite figure out the treasure room exploit. I get to the spot where you are supposed to jump, but I can't find the ledge.

If you run forward and jump, move the camera to find something that blocks your full jump. With this, the easiest way I have found is to jump just right of the ledge, move back over the ledge, and jump. Repeat until you elevate (or, rarely, immediately start the jump). When you elevate, immediately stop moving forward, keep jumping until you start just normal jumping.

AF Jon

Neo Member
So I played through the Pirate's Booty DLC, was a bit underwhelmed, got the Torgue DLC and never bothered to play through it. Am probably going to get the Hammerlock DLC since I have season pass, but it's not looking like anything special either. Should I even bother trying Torgue before I get to Hammerlock?

The trick is to very slightly move along jumping continually, you basically aim yourself at a 92 degree angle and do it that way. Big jumps with too.big of an angle or distance travelled don't work at all.

madhtr

And indeed it is Vermi, along with increased Norfleet drop:

Gearbox said:
The final day of festivities is upon us, as Pandora grows more dangerous (but also more rewarding) for those adventuring online alongside two or more players in True Vault Hunter Mode* -- should the varkids infesting Tundra Express, Caustic Caverns or Natural Selection Annex survive long enough to enter the pod state multiple times, they stand a far greater chance of morphing into the fearsome Vermivorous the Invincible. However, those that emerge victorious in their struggles against Vermivorous the Invincible also face greater rewards as the legendary Norfleet weapon is far more likely to appear upon his defeat.

nel e nel

Does the DLC scale exactly to your level in the first playthrough? I am playing a new Gaige with both DLC packs installed, and Captain Scarlett did appear to scale to the level I was at when I first entered Oasis (15). Now that I'm 20, will the Mr. Torque DLC scale up to level 20 mobs and above if I go there next?

Minimum level to start is 15, and it scales after that to your character. I used my 30ish gunzerker on Scarlett's and all the enemies were in the 30s, same for my 30ish siren in Torgue's.

TheFatOne

The trick is to very slightly move along jumping continually, you basically aim yourself at a 92 degree angle and do it that way. Big jumps with too.big of an angle or distance travelled don't work at all.

If you run forward and jump, move the camera to find something that blocks your full jump. With this, the easiest way I have found is to jump just right of the ledge, move back over the ledge, and jump. Repeat until you elevate (or, rarely, immediately start the jump). When you elevate, immediately stop moving forward, keep jumping until you start just normal jumping.
Thank you for the tips I finally figured it out. Now I just need to get better at it. The only thing I want is an infinity pistol. I got tired of doing Doc Mercy runs. I must have done 500+ runs, and I never got that fucking pistol

Edit: I spoke to soon. It's going to take me a while to get the hang of it. I got it twice, but after much trial and error.

madhtr

Thank you for the tips I finally figured it out. Now I just need to get better at it. The only thing I want is an infinity pistol. I got tired of doing Doc Mercy runs. I must have done 500+ runs, and I never got that fucking pistol

Edit: I spoke to soon. It's going to take me a while to get the hang of it. I got it twice, but after much trial and error.

I still don't get it perfectly every time. Also, I got an Infinity Pistol, but it took me about 150-200 runs before I got it. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.

one85x

If you're on console, the location of the elevator depends on the direction you're holding the left analog stick. If you hold it straight up, the elevator will be in the same place every time. Once you're able to find it a couple of times, you can just line it up with some rock formation in the background and get it on your first couple of tries every time.

one85x

They should have fixed the big glitches by now. I'm not sure though. If you have a second controller, you can split-screen to boost the rate.

Inskipp

So me and my friends gathered up to hunt Vermivorous. Here's how it turned out...

2013-01-14_000014xih7.jpg

2013-01-15_000054wi80.jpg

2013-01-15_00006nwfhm.jpg

2013-01-15_0001189cg7.jpg

We killed six Vermi's in total tonight. Got 4 Norfleets out of them (one for each). Surprisingly enough, not a single Vermi- head or legendary- mod was dropped by any of them.

Xevren

So me and my friends gathered up to hunt Vermivorous. Here's how it turned out...

We killed six Vermi's in total tonight. Got 4 Norfleets out of them (one for each). Surprisingly enough, not a single Vermi- head or legendary- mod was dropped by any of them.

Not that surprising really, those heads are really damn rare.

Is the Vermi spawn rate bonus still running?

I wish they'd just leave it as is :) I was able to run it a few times with a friend today and it was really fun.

EDIT: I had never tried to get it to spawn before this, but I heard it was a pain... I was getting sad even today if a Super Badass Varkid didn't turn, so I can't imagine if that was just the norm.

I'd like to give it another try for another Norfleet, but I don't have many friends that play the game anymore in the first place. My friends list is basically full, and only 2 or 3 people play it. both very intermittently.

madhtr

Well, I have found a few dozen legendaries in the Treasure Room, but no shotties or launchers. I am sad. Still trying, but starting to lose faith I'll get either.

Top Bottom