• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

mileS

I guess my question would be. I heard that people said to avoid the side quests on play-through 2 and save them for 2.5 for better gear. Seeing as how you can't get them twice. Was the previous DLC like this? basically I'm asking if I do any of the DLC's in game 2, am I locking myself out of the better rewards from 2.5?

anyone?

AnFox

Argh, damn ultimates won't change again. :<

Good playing with you Insaniac, hopefully tomorrow/Thursday I properly farm.

Playthrough 2 Quests that you've "started" (meaning there is no exclamation point) have their rewards locked to the level you started them at.

Quests you have not started will be set to Level 50 after completing the game for the second time, allowing you to start / accept them and get a Level 50 reward. I believe there is a list of 'safe' quests for your second Playthrough (basically anything that only rewards cash, eridium, or xp). I think Skin rewards are fixed, as well, so they are probably safe.

It's sort of a horseshit system, to be honest. With no documentation.

As for the DLC: Last I heard, if you started the DLC (by going to its fast travel thing, I presume) before you are Level 50, the DLC will be leveled to that (always) and subsequent quest rewards will reflect that. Maybe they fixed that. In the end, I have found it's simply safer to hit level 50 and beat the game twice before doing anything.

GamerSoul

To clarify, they didn't include leveling up weapons in this game? I know the first Borderlands has it and I didn't have much time to check everything since I rented it for a few days.

kmfdmpig

As for the DLC: Last I heard, if you started the DLC (by going to its fast travel thing, I presume) before you are Level 50, the DLC will be leveled to that (always) and subsequent quest rewards will reflect that. Maybe they fixed that. In the end, I have found it's simply safer to hit level 50 and beat the game twice before doing anything.

Just to clarify, can you do DLC on separate playthroughs? In other words if you do it on Playthrough 1 at level 35 then can you do it again on 2 or 2.5 at a higher level?

zulfate

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

Farming? Like for tokens to increase your stats? lol idk

Im sorry i am clearly not the guy but farming as in for farming better loot drops, killing the same damn boss over and over for the chance get a better weapon. You know like every other loot based game ever created :)

GamerSoul

Im sorry i am clearly not the guy but farming as in for farming better loot drops, killing the same damn boss over and over for the chance get a better weapon. You know like every other loot based game ever created :)

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. Damn I should know that. This game is awesome and it will be my next game purchase. It definitely built on the first game.

Jrmint

I'm gonna be done with something I'm doing 11 est.

Anyone wanna start up Hammerlock with me then?

If you'd like to add me on Steam - Jrmint

zulfate

Ahh, thank you for clearing that up. Damn I should know that. This game is awesome and it will be my next game purchase. It definitely built on the first game.

oh its ok sorry if i seemed rude lol. you shouldn't even think about it just buy the game its worth it.

FatBaby

My initial impression of the new DLC is that while the new environments look really nice, everything feels really barren and devoid of flavor. I feel like all I have been doing is running from point to point with nothing in between aside from maybe a couple trash mobs. I also don't really find Hammerlock to be a particular interesting character to begin with so his dialog hasn't been all that standout. I hope it picks up.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Insaniac for the game, had fun running around trying to avoid getting hit by scores of varkids and badasses and super badasses and ultimate badasses. And the Norfleet was rather nice as well. :)

FerranMG

Does anyone know in the end if, in order to get increased spawn rate for Vermi in the hunting event, I can play split screen? Or do I have to play on-line with someone?

CTE

I agree. The main quest line was over and the credits are rolling before I knew it. I still have a lot of side quest to do though so I'm happy.

Seems like there is more around the world to kill. I think this one focused more on the world than the storyline. Which is fine with me since I enjoy the killing part.

Does anyone know in the end if, in order to get increased spawn rate for Vermi in the hunting event, I can play split screen? Or do I have to play on-line with someone?

You need to have four players for him to spawn, but apparently if you touch the door leading to Master Gee, it will trick the game into thinking you have four players, then he will spawn.

To test if thats worked, try to pick up ammo that your maxed out on. If it picks it up, its worked.

TheFatOne

Is there a raid boss for the new dlc? Man I still can't get an infinity pistol. Still doing treasure room runs hopefully I can get one eventually. At least I have gotten a bunch of golds from the runs.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Is there a raid boss for the new dlc? Man I still can't get an infinity pistol. Still doing treasure room runs hopefully I can get one eventually. At least I have gotten a bunch of golds from the runs.
There is at least one that becomes available after the final quest.

ObiDin

To clarify, they didn't include leveling up weapons in this game? I know the first Borderlands has it and I didn't have much time to check everything since I rented it for a few days.

They took out weapon leveling and included a "Badass Rank" system instead. As you accomplish different objectives, you gain badass ranks which you can then choose to level among 5 different random categories(Health increase, shield increase, weapon damage, shield recharge rate, etc.).

As Stallion said theres the typical raid boss after finishing the main story, but theres also a second raid boss that you activate by putting 23 eridium into 4 "windmills" located around the new areas.

Apparently that boss is really tough to kill, even people that have done the Evil Smasher glitch have reported 5 minutes to kill him. Sadly they also reported no legendary drops, which is a shame considering how much Eridium it takes just to activate him.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Lol so that's what those eridium windmill things were. I impulsively hit the "x" button and then realized I just dropped 23 eridium on something I had no clue about.

I hated the voodoo enemies and the shields made a lot of the savages a pain in the ass. I've just been rolling through the DLCs on playthrough 1 solo (haven't touch PT2) and those were really the only two enemies that gave me issue/wasted a ton of my ammo.

The DLC did move quickly through the story, but Steam says have have 5-6 hours played so I guess it wasn't that quick. I did maybe 6-7 sidequests which appears to be about half. The final environment is pretty gorgeous and cool.

Jrmint

How are the storyline bosses in this dlc?

I thought they were balanced really well in Pirates Booty and then the bosses in Torgue were incredibly cheap and frustrating. Had to essentially use an exploit to kill the final boss.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How are the storyline bosses in this dlc?

I can only think of two in the story line and my turret destroyed the first one and then the second one has like two stages and isn't too hard either, but definitely more interesting than a single turret drop lol.

Certainly no bullshit healthbars like the final Torgue boss.

madhtr

I have way too many norfleets now

Please tell me you're on PS3? If so, I can list what I have for possible trade.

I nearly gave up finding any CCs in the TR, but last night I found 2 in five trips. I actually sold about half dozen Bitch and Slagga variations. I'll go ahead and mention my Treasure Room finds:

Social Bitch - Not trading
Corporate Bitch - Not trading
Social Conference Call - Not trading
Reactive Conference Call - Not trading
Rapid Infinity - Not trading

**Willing to trade below**
Rapider Gub - Pistol
Monstrous Volcano - Sniper
Scout Veruc - AR
Night Pitchfork x2 - Sniper
Ballanced Slagga - SMG
Neutralizing Hornet - Pistol
Bladed Emperor - SMG
Nassty Madhous! - AR
Guaranteed Baby Maker - SMG
Dastardly Maggie - Pistol
Flying Emperor - SMG
Marxmans Gub - Pistol
Wild Hammer Buster - AR

Grenade Mods
Lobbed Storm Front
Longbow Pandemic
Explosive Nasty Surprise
Homing Fire Bee
Stick Longbow Quasar

Shields
Impaler x2
Black Hole

Insaniac

Argh, damn ultimates won't change again. :<

Good playing with you Insaniac, hopefully tomorrow/Thursday I properly farm.

yeah, you too, scored a fire norfleet after our first and only vermi. Still looking for a shock one if you want to farm him later today

New dlc is a bit disapointing. Having trouble to finish that extinction quest.

Also, where is the new seraph vendor ? Any new legendaries ?

ckohler

I am on Xbox :D

Sweet! I'm going to try this tonight.

Also, I asked this earlier in the thread but I'm going to reask... does anybody have a level 50 Flame of the Firehawk they are willing to depart with? Also, my friend is dying for a Blood of Terramorphus relic. We farmed Terra for two hours last night and never got it.

I don't have much to offer in exchange although I do have an old level 39 Legendary Siren class mod if you need it.

No short cut. When you kill the boss just quit to the main menu and press continue and it respawns you to the boss area.

Good god I can kill him quick with my CC. I just wish he'd die from the initial volley instead of having a fragment of health left, after which he submerges for a while and takes another full clip to finish for some reason.

Still not a damn legendary off of him. A Leech would be spiffy, I love trans-nades. A CC in a non-electric flavor would be amazing too.

Zertez

Now that I have finished my second playthrough, Im thinking about picking up some of the DLC. I already have the Mechromancer DLC. I know not everyone agrees about the dlc, but for the people who have played them all, how would you rank them?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Now that I have finished my second playthrough, Im thinking about picking up some of the DLC. I already have the Mechromancer DLC. I know not everyone agrees about the dlc, but for the people who have played them all, how would you rank them?

I'd put Booty at the top. It's the best mix of interesting art + solid design. Hammerlock would probably go after it because it has great art and slightly worse design. Torgue is at the bottom because of bland art and Tiny Tina's continued awfulness.

Top Bottom