• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

GamerSoul

I rented this game after beating the first one, which I LOVED and played like I had an addiction, and my GAWD I need to buy this game too. I'm so glad I gave this series a chance.

I have two legendary commando mods to spare. If anyone wants one on ps3 let me know. I don't really need anything for it, although I would like a legendary sniper if you've for one.

What seraph item should I get? I farmed Pete all night and don't have much to show for it other than crystals. Seems like the only good thing is the evolution or the crazy grenades...

Inskipp

What seraph item should I get? I farmed Pete all night and don't have much to show for it other than crystals. Seems like the only good thing is the evolution or the crazy grenades...
The seraph- relic from the Oasis- vendor is decent. That and the ones you mentioned are the only worthwhile seraph gear to acquire imo.

one_kill

Rev3's got a review up for the new DLC.

Hopefully I can finish up with work soon so I can spend all my time on it. Anyone on PS3 who want to run through missions on coop, add me (noble_nine). I'm not really big on loot apart from skins and heads that I don't have, I just enjoy playing coop.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Rev3's got a review up for the new DLC.

Hopefully I can finish up with work soon so I can spend all my time on it. Anyone on PS3 who want to run through missions on coop, add me (noble_nine). I'm not really big on loot apart from skins and heads that I don't have, I just enjoy playing coop.

The review didn't seem all that positive. Hmm, I decided to skip the season pass during the XBL sale since I already got the Torgue campaign off this thread, but I'm looking forward to seeing what people here think about the new DLC.

I really hope they get this compatibility pack issue sorted. Ugh.

If misery loves company, then I'm your company. I am playing this game on the 360 with my wife via system link and her silver account doesn't have to download the compatibility pack every time, but my gold account requires downloading it anytime that I switch between consoles. But before I can download it again, I have to make sure that I have deleted the old compatibility pack or it won't work. It's the only thing that I don't like about this game.

Marvie_3

Banned
From reading the Gearbox forums, it sounds like the compatibility pack issue is finally fixed on 360. Not at home to test it myself though.

mileS

Can anyone confirm if you need to have finished the campaign at least once to start this DLC?

edit neevvvvvermind. That rev3 video confirmed that.

I guess my question would be. I heard that people said to avoid the side quests on play-through 2 and save them for 2.5 for better gear. Seeing as how you can't get them twice. Was the previous DLC like this? basically I'm asking if I do any of the DLC's in game 2, am I locking myself out of the better rewards from 2.5?

I downloaded the new DLC and I have beaten the game once but when I continue my game I cant figure out how to start the new DLC. There are not any new areas to fast travel to, or new missions to select, and Hammerlock doest say anything new when I talk to him at Moxxi's. Does anyone know how to start it?

Edit: nm I just started it up again and now Hunters Grotto is there. So weird.

I downloaded the new DLC and I have beaten the game once but when I continue my game I cant figure out how to start the new DLC. There are not any new areas to fast travel to, or new missions to select, and Hammerlock doest say anything new when I talk to him at Moxxi's. Does anyone know how to start it?

Edit: nm I just started it up again and now Hunters Grotto is there. So weird.

It just add a new area via Fast travel then the DLC begins.

Jrmint

You've taken 4 (or 5) characters up to level 50 already?
In his defense the different classes aren't THAT much different.

90% of the time you're standing there shooting your gun whether you're a commando or a siren. Commando is my main and Siren is really the only other class I have any other desire to play. This is coming from a guy who loves playing alts in a game like world of Warcraft.

90% of the time you're standing there shooting your gun whether you're a commando or a siren. Commando is my main and Siren is really the only other class I have any other desire to play. This is coming from a guy who loves playing alts in a game like world of Warcraft.

Agreed.

Zertez

I have looked in several places, but I havent been able to find a clear answer. Is there any way to respec the points you spend in badass levels? Also one more question, if you concentrate on a select 4 or 5 skills, realistically how high of percentages can you expect to gain from badass points?

Jrmint

It doesn't let you honestly. It basically forces you to spread them out. I've put points into roughly 15 categories and they are all around 6-7%. It's a really smart system and makes it so that you don't need to respec them either.

Xevren

Pretty much. This is why I want more active abilities!

Jrmint

Guys I cannot figure out how to get the Hammerlock dlc to download with the season pass on Steam. Feel like there is something obvious I'm missing, any help?

madhtr

I have looked in several places, but I havent been able to find a clear answer. Is there any way to respec the points you spend in badass levels? Also one more question, if you concentrate on a select 4 or 5 skills, realistically how high of percentages can you expect to gain from badass points?

When you complete 85% of the challenges, you get to reset the challenges, but the Badass points spent can't be respec'd, as far as I can tell.

Guys I cannot figure out how to get the Hammerlock dlc to download with the season pass on Steam. Feel like there is something obvious I'm missing, any help?

Have you tried restarting Steam?

Also, Big Game Hunt is a stealth bug fix for holding random weapons on startup.

Zertez

It doesn't let you honestly. It basically forces you to spread them out. I've put points into roughly 15 categories and they are all around 6-7%. It's a really smart system and makes it so that you don't need to respec them either.
I really like the system, it is a way to reward players who play multiple characters and do a lot of runs. The bonuses are not overpowering, but they are pretty helpful with new characters.

When you complete 85% of the challenges, you get to reset the challenges, but the Badass points spent can't be respec'd, as far as I can tell.
That is pretty cool, but not sure I would want to reset them until I hit 100 percent, unless I was desperate for a skill I neglected. I have neglected melee damage quite a bit, but I have a feeling that may hurt my Zero character when I start playing the class. Ive heard his melee attacks are very nice when specced for it.

A new question, can you expand claptraps locker? I want to transfer quite a few weapons to a new character and 5 slots makes transferring painful. At least they give you the option, just wish the locker was bigger.

CTE

A new question, can you expand claptraps locker? I want to transfer quite a few weapons to a new character and 5 slots makes transferring painful. At least they give you the option, just wish the locker was bigger.

No way to expand it.

If only they would expand the backpack and stashes to at least a two-column setup. And expand the size of the personal stash in general.

I had my Norfleet doing a over 2 million a ball last night.

Too bad there isn't an ammo vendor by the house in tundra

lulz.

oh man, if you happen upon a Shock Norfleet, page me. It's one of only 2 weapons I'd like to have just to say I have them. I'd just like that and a Shock Shredifier. I'm not really even sure if Norfleet comes in the Shock/Corrosive varieties. I have a couple of slag and a Fire, but haven't really seen any others.

Top Bottom