• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Jrmint

I love Tiny Tina.

Torgue does get kind of annoying though, him yelling at you all the time gets kind of old I think. Also the final boss in that expansion is god awful and basically impossible to solo without an exploit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I love Tiny Tina.

Torgue does get kind of annoying though, him yelling at you all the time gets kind of old I think. Also the final boss in that expansion is god awful and basically impossible to solo without an exploit.

I managed it just barely with my turret in PT1.

mileS

I can totally see why some people hate Tiny Tina. Personally... If the 3rd game was set around her for some strange reason i'd be sold. I just want more and more interaction with that character.

Marvie_3

Banned
Now that I have finished my second playthrough, Im thinking about picking up some of the DLC. I already have the Mechromancer DLC. I know not everyone agrees about the dlc, but for the people who have played them all, how would you rank them?

In the order they came out. Scarlett is the best. Torgue is decent. Hammerlock is the worst.

The map keeps confusing the hell out of me in Big Game Hunt. That and the ludicrous number of savages and I'm beginning to like the whole thing less than I do Tina.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Scarlett>Torgue>>>Hammerlock.

Although Hammerlock isn't bad, I don't think it's in the same league as the others.

jondabomb

My order would be Torgue > Hammerlock > Scarlett

Even though its short I like the Hammerlock dlc. I thought the new enemies were a good addition as well as the environments

madhtr

Well, did a final run to fill up my backpack with legendaries and added:

Jam Packed Gunerang
Sledge's Shotgun
dippity Nukem
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

And just dropped my Longbow Pandemic to pick up the shotgun, so now my backpack is full. Time to get back into the game.

REV 09

New dlc kinda sucks. The other two were great though. I don't like the witch doctors much or the other large creatures roaming and flying around. Hammerlock was lways just ok for me anyways though.

madhtr

Please say the last DLC is the moon base with a 5 level increase

I hope it's the moon base, as well, but if it's only a 5-level increase, I will be sad. If this is the last major DLC they're releasing, I hope they just open it up to 100 and let us go hog wild.

madhtr

Your right it was 69.

I wish it would have been +5 every DLC, and then like +20 or something on the last major one. I'm maxed out and I haven't even started Torgue yet. Oh well.

Edit: Wow, the Conference Call is slicing through waves of enemies like a knife through warm butter in TVHM. I love it :O

Amon37

I wish it would have been +5 every DLC, and then like +20 or something on the last major one. I'm maxed out and I haven't even started Torgue yet. Oh well.

Luckily I've only done pt1 with every character. Buy the time I finish a pt2 hopefully will see a level cap raise.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I really doubt the next DLC is going to be the last one they release. With them announcing a level raise, a new character class, and "big plans" for Q1 2013 I get the feeling they're working towards a second season pass.

TUSR

Banned
I really doubt the next DLC is going to be the last one they release. With them announcing a level raise, a new character class, and "big plans" for Q1 2013 I get the feeling they're working towards a second season pass.

The DLC release rate would probably put the next seasons pass out around November if they make changes like that.

I wish it would have been +5 every DLC, and then like +20 or something on the last major one.

If you could reach Level 85, you'd have 81 Skill Points to spend. It'd be possible to hit the "Final" skill of every tree (each tree requires 26 points to hit the bottom). I don't think they've intended for players to fill out a character's skill tree in this way, but I could be wrong.

The Mechromancer requires 124 Skill Points to completely fill out her tree (she's requires the least amount). If she had 81 points to spend, a player could fill out 65% of the Skill Tree. You want the player making choices, and being able to go that deep... it feels like you'd just be spending points to spend them (removing the impact of humming and hawing about what to invest in). I'm not saying there aren't Ideal Builds for all characters that may remove that choice already, but more points only aggravates it.

I am perfectly okay with the current level cap, but I wouldn't argue with more badass points to gain by killing enemies and whatnot. Raising my badass level is almost better than getting skill points because it affects all characters and can be somewhat specialized. Besides, level caps are meant to be hit; if we could all hit Level 85, we'd have the same people asking for it to be 100, etc. etc. It's not sustainable, in my opinion.

The hunt for guns may be intended to be their "long term progression", but I think that's another area I'd like to see improved before a level cap raise, if one is even happening.

madhtr

If you could reach Level 85, you'd have 81 Skill Points to spend. It'd be possible to hit the "Final" skill of every tree (each tree requires 26 points to hit the bottom). I don't think they've intended for players to fill out a character's skill tree in this way, but I could be wrong.

The Mechromancer requires 124 Skill Points to completely fill out her tree (she's requires the least amount). If she had 81 points to spend, a player could fill out 65% of the Skill Tree. You want the player making choices, and being able to go that deep... it feels like you'd just be spending points to spend them (removing the impact of humming and hawing about what to invest in). I'm not saying there aren't Ideal Builds for all characters that may remove that choice already, but more points only aggravates it.

I am perfectly okay with the current level cap, but I wouldn't argue with more badass points to gain by killing enemies and whatnot. Raising my badass level is almost better than getting skill points because it affects all characters and can be somewhat specialized. Besides, level caps are meant to be hit; if we could all hit Level 85, we'd have the same people asking for it to be 100, etc. etc. It's not sustainable, in my opinion.

The hunt for guns may be intended to be their "long term progression", but I think that's another area I'd like to see improved before a level cap raise, if one is even happening.

Maybe they should have given points every other level or something. Obviously too late to think of that now, but I see what you're talking about. I never thought of that.

Heck, maybe just stopping skill point earning at level 50. I just hate feeling like I'm wasting time killing enemies at the cap.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Personally I think instead of making story DLCs which seem to be pretty hit-and-miss in terms of quality, they should just go the full MMO route and start releasing raid dungeons that require top tier gear to complete. The majority of the DLCs aren't really replayable once you finish the quests and you're only left with the raid bosses. Instead, release dungeons that require you to have good gear to enter, which would give people a reason to grind these weapons in the first place.

TheFatOne

I'm really getting tired of farming for the infinity pistol. Doc isn't working treasure room isn't working. I really fucking hate the spawn rate of this gun.

Amon37

I'm really getting tired of farming for the infinity pistol. Doc isn't working treasure room isn't working. I really fucking hate the spawn rate of this gun.

On my mecro pt1 he dropped a level 11 fire infinity on first kill. It makes the rest of my pt1's so much easier.

Marvie_3

Banned
Personally I think instead of making story DLCs which seem to be pretty hit-and-miss in terms of quality, they should just go the full MMO route and start releasing raid dungeons that require top tier gear to complete. The majority of the DLCs aren't really replayable once you finish the quests and you're only left with the raid bosses. Instead, release dungeons that require you to have good gear to enter, which would give people a reason to grind these weapons in the first place.

This would be sweet.

sneaky77

I guess if thats what people want sure.. it would just mean I def won't buy season pass 2

Nebula

I think they could start by patching in (if possible) fast travel stations and quick change stations at every raid boss. If not, then do it in future DLCs. Something that annoys me to no end when they make a raid boss and then make you run through half an area like Master Gee and Voracidous the Invincible. It makes it more tedious than it should be and people end up losing interest and farming the boss with the shortest run like Pyrocaustic Pete.

I'm still not sure about Dexiduous either. It's not a great boss and the drops so far aren't really worth the time it takes to get the eridium back. The best way I found to cut time on him is have another character at The Warrior and load in with that one as leader, get 99 eridium and then leave and start a new game as leader. Then just travel to the Hammerlocks hut and start the run with a friend or second character.

I like your idea though, and would gladly welcome it. I think this DLC was way to short and it's obvious a lot of people just want 2 things, New gear and new bosses.

Jrmint

So I just hit level to but the lower level quests are not showing as level 50 now as I was told they should when I hit 50.

And to be clear I never picked them up until now.

Is there something specific I need to do to get PT 2.5 to kick in?

madhtr

So I just hit level to but the lower level quests are not showing as level 50 now as I was told they should when I hit 50.

And to be clear I never picked them up until now.

Is there something specific I need to do to get PT 2.5 to kick in?

PT2.5 begins after you kill the Warrior in PT2.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, the Toil and Trouble mission in TVHM is a complete pain in the ass. Can't wait to be done with PT2 since I actually don't enjoy most of the story missions.

The Torgue DLC is definitely the most amusing, but the Pirate DLC had much more substance. Haven't started Hammerlock yet, but I sort of dread it, at this point.

Scarlett seemed boring to me. Too much fetch-questing and slow, boring travel.

Anyways. In case anyone was wondering the caps for the badass bonuses:

pJF6P.jpg

These are not modded values. These are the legit caps. Obviously, I set them to the cap, but you can get these bonuses without cheating.

To give a sort of idea, here is the base health on a level 50 siren with the bonuses maxed at their caps:

AoZdo.jpg

Oh, and by the way, with these bonuses, you can one-shot all of the invincibles with the first pistol from the beginning of the game and can also kill all of them with one melee attack. :lol

FerranMG

lol

If I remember right, the stats are only increased by 0.1% (per each badass point) after a certain level.
So reaching the cap on any of the stats would take more than quite a while.

I think they ought to cap the amount of challenge points it takes to unlock badass ranks. If it's exponentially negative there's a point where you have to max out 5 challenges to unlock a .1% bonus and it just seems pointless.

Top Bottom