• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

I've got two challenges to complete for the achievement and its a pain. 750 kills with a shotgun close range and then it unlocks the final challenge which is sniping people with shotguns. Urgh, the grind.

billsmugs

I just got the game today and I have a couple of questions:

1.) Is the map (in the menu, not the minimap) supposed to be rather blurry? I can't seem to take a screenshot, but it doesn't look very sharp, particularly when zoomed in, to the point that it becomes quite hard to use in densely packed areas. I have most of the settings (including textures) set to "High."

2.) Is there any way to show PS3 button prompts rather than 360 ones? I'm playing with a Dualshock 3 set to 360 controller emulation and in Borderlands 1 there was a "FakePlatform" line you could edit in a .ini file that gave you PS3 button prompts. Is there anything like that for BL2? (Or some sort of texture mod that would fix it?) I don't really mind the 360 prompts, but it would be nice if I could set it up like BL1.

EDIT: The FakePlatform=2 thing still works... until I press a button on the controller, at which point it goes back to 360 buttons. Is there anything I can edit to stop it doing this?

madhtr

Anyone know why my mate received 10 golden keys without even signing up for shift? Glitch? I didn't receive any?

I know one of the updates a while back added about 10 keys and a bunch of bad ass points. It was the update that nerfed The Bee shield.

Shift codes from Randy's twitter:

PS3: WJWJJ-TXKK3-CCCKT-9JKBT-59FKB
PC/Mac: KTWB3-FKX5W-HCXBB-3TBTJ-BFJWS
360: 5TKB3-R9CSW-S9XJX-C6BJT-BZFJ6

noonche

Anyone else getting a crash since downloading the new dlc/patch?

It gets as far as loading, but when the level is actually about to start it crashes. This happens on both new characters and my existing character.

I'm on Window's 7 64-bit with an nVidia GTX260.

What do you guys thing of Axton for solo play? I already have a 50 Zero, I want to try a good solo character, would be playing Gaige but I get pissed easily if I die and lose that anarchy lol

What do you guys thing of Axton for solo play? I already have a 50 Zero, I want to try a good solo character, would be playing Gaige but I get pissed easily if I die and lose that anarchy lol

I play almost exclusively solo with axton and I love it. Throwing some turrets down as either distractions or as a wall to impede enemies has saved my ass about 8 trillion times. Sometimes its a bit easy mode if you have two guns with shields going off on enemies while you blast the shit out of them, but its not my fault I'm so godlike. Also, even when you are getting rump-razed you don't have to sweat it if you get the auto revive skill. I've had that thing ressurect me 4 or 5 times in a row before.

Also turret kills count towards second wind, so if you're like me and you toss your turrets out first thing, chances are they will still be around to bring you back, if you dodnt already do it yourself.

Edit: I have one slayer of terramorphous and 2 legendary soldier class mods on ps3 for trade. I would like a legendary sniper if possible or a really high level rocket launcher :) would also trade for head skins.

I play almost exclusively solo with axton and I love it. Throwing some turrets down as either distractions or as a wall to impede enemies has saved my ass about 8 trillion times. Sometimes its a bit easy mode if you have two guns with shields going off on enemies while you blast the shit out of them, but its not my fault I'm so godlike. Also, even when you are getting rump-razed you don't have to sweat it if you get the auto revive skill. I've had that thing ressurect me 4 or 5 times in a row before.

Also turret kills count towards second wind, so if you're like me and you toss your turrets out first thing, chances are they will still be around to bring you back, if you dodnt already do it yourself.

Sounds sweet, do you find you have to baby sit your turret? I want a strong character that doesn't have to rely on the turret too much.

Sounds sweet, do you find you have to baby sit your turret? I want a strong character that doesn't have to rely on the turret too much.

Then you just go the gunpowder route. Basically each tree determines how much you rely on the turret. Guerilla tree with the rocket launchers is medium, gunpowder tree is low, survival tree is high. You never have to babysit your turrets but having two shielded turrets has really saved me often. Going gunpowder means you kick ass and you would probably go gunpowder / guerilla, that way you can buff yourself and your turret.

madhtr

Wow, not only is the Hammerlock DLC not very fun, it is very glitchy. The game didn't recognize I was doing a mission until I killed the enemy I needed to kill, which it didn't recognize I killed, which is a unique enemy that doesn't respawn.

Talk about frustrating.

And for some reason it is giving me a waypoint to fight enemies that are random, so the waypoint is to a fixed point where the enemies are not.

This is definitely the worst of the DLCs so far.

Wow, not only is the Hammerlock DLC not very fun, it is very glitchy. The game didn't recognize I was doing a mission until I killed the enemy I needed to kill, which it didn't recognize I killed, which is a unique enemy that doesn't respawn.

Talk about frustrating.

And for some reason it is giving me a waypoint to fight enemies that are random, so the waypoint is to a fixed point where the enemies are not.

Not to mention the raid boss that you can't get back to if you die, you get locked out.

TUSR

Banned

Talk about frustrating.

It killed my steam cloud saves

Amon37

What happened on my last 2 pt1's was the skag that's supposed to eat the bile bomb attacks me instead so I have kill it then have to save/quit and restart for the special skag pile to show up.

TheFatOne

Is it me or is the loot system worse in Borderlands 2? I can't quite put my finger on it,but I'm not enjoying it as much as the first Borderlands. Still a good game, but I think I'm done with it.

madhtr

Welp, turns out I just needed to save/quit and then defeat the enemies again. Glad I could finish the missions, but still hated I had to do them twice to finish them.

I hate the music in this DLC.... or the lack thereof. The ambient noise in there is all from the regular game, for the most part, with little variation.

Also, who's bright idea was it to manufacture DLC length by creating a mission that requires luck to find rare animals to kill? These damn slagged spores are gonna take forever. I've seen two the entire time I played the DLC.

Anyway, I am glad I nearly have all the trophies so I can stop playing this DLC.

I don't understand why I didn't get any though? We all started playing last week, one friend got 10 keys without even signing up, the other signed up and got 10 keys yesterday, and I've signed up and have yet to receive any apart from the initial 1 key for signing up. So confused.

Hmmm, that is a good question. One that I will be unable to answer. I just remember getting some randomly one update.

I've already finished the dlc, all the quests and trophies completed. It's not bad, its just not good. Overall I've been underwhelmed by the offerings and really don't feel like I'm getting my moneys worth.

So, in order to spice things up, I did the evil smasher glitch. I was firing about 80 bullets per second for around 1-1.5 million per bullet lol. I got my infinity pistol during treasure room runs and thought it wasn't that good of a gun, but if is pretty much the best gun in the game. It took about 3 seconds to kill Pete, 1 second to kill the new dlc boss, and a out 1.5 seconds to kill hyperius. No good loot of course haha. I think the thing I'm most disappointed about is that the evolution is still the only seraph item worth getting.

I've got a sandblaster head for commando if anyonr wants it. Still have my commando legendary class mods (2) and one terramorphous commando class mod for anyone interested.

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
I booted Borderlands 2 on PS3 today and my lvl 20 character has dropped to lvl 1 for some reason.
Any tips on how to proceed?

I am on my phone because i have no home internet yet so it's really cumbersome to search online for answers.

madhtr

I booted Borderlands 2 on PS3 today and my lvl 20 character has dropped to lvl 1 for some reason.
Any tips on how to proceed?

I am on my phone because i have no home internet yet so it's really cumbersome to search online for answers.

On the character select screen, hit triangle and see if the level 20 is listed under whatever class it was. If it's not there, I'm not sure what to say. Have you deleted any game data or changed consoles recently?

dofry

That's "Dr." dofry to you.
There was nothing on the PS3 but I shared my phone internet for a while to PS3 and I could find the save from PS+ storage. Strange as I have done nothing recently. Same console, just moved apartments.

Damn datacaps for phones...

Thanks for help.

Shift codes for golden key, good until January 21:

PC: 5B533-HJZKC-SKX3J-BBTBB-HBCBK
PS3: WBKTJ-C56K3-CWCWB-ZBCB3-XWJC3
360: KBCTT-TSFZC-HSXBX-WFTTT-KWK5T

As Stallion said theres the typical raid boss after finishing the main story, but theres also a second raid boss that you activate by putting 23 eridium into 4 "windmills" located around the new areas.

Apparently that boss is really tough to kill, even people that have done the Evil Smasher glitch have reported 5 minutes to kill him. Sadly they also reported no legendary drops, which is a shame considering how much Eridium it takes just to activate him.

Yeah, he can be quite the challenge considering how small his weak point(s) are and how much damage his corrosive AoE attack causes. Take a direct hit and you're down instantly.

One thing to keep in mind if you try going after him is that you have to light up the four Eridium totems all in one go. So if you light up two of them during your playthrough, quit the game, and then come back, you pretty much wasted 45-50 Eridium for nothing. Unfortunately I didn't realize this myself until it was too late.

BTW, upon defeat, Dexiduous can drop this. Not sure if he drops it every time or only occasionally:
tj9PaAC.jpg

Just like the BL1 version, fires constantly after you pull the trigger and doesn't stop until it empties out or you switch weapons. Not exactly the most practical gun but really fun to use nonetheless.

As for the DLC itself, I thought it was pretty good but not as solid as the first two. I had a lot of fun fighting the new enemies, especially the witch doctors who can provide a decent and much-needed challenge when you encounter larger mobs. The new guns are fun to play around with (return of the Elephant Gun and Chopper; Seraph Interfacer and Hawk Eye) and the environment artwork can be gorgeous at times. Also, (ending spoiler)
Jackenstein was a pretty neat boss fight and Nakayama tumbling down the stairs to his death was easily the funniest moment of the DLC
. Unfortunately the levels can feel quite empty in some spots, the writing is kinda weak, there aren't very many laughs to be had, and it's pretty short overall.

I'd rank them: Torgue > Scarlett >> Hammerlock.

Also when you activate the switch, theres a run of bad guys before the main guy spawns and one of them can sometimes be an ultimate bad-ass witch doctor, who then drops a new tornado shotgun.

mileS

PC question

I'm trying to use sweetFX for the first time with Borderlands 2. Well ok it's the first time I've ever used the program. Everything is fine besides the fact that D3DOverrider stopped working for vsync. So I closed the program and tried capping the fps at 60 and turning on the in-game vsync. Nothing happened. Vsync isn't working at all. If anyone could help that would be great. I'd like to start posting screens here more often once I figure this out.

sflufan

Banned
I just finished this DLC this morning and can honestly say that Hammerlock is the "worst" of the DLCs that has been released so far.

If I were to grade them, I'd say:

Torgue: 8.5
Scarlett: 8.0
Hammerlock: 7.0

The main quest line was REALLY short, it just wasn't nearly as entertaining as Torgue, and the Witch Doctors made every firefight a goddamned pain in the ass to the point where I was just running past any Savages towards the end.

Oh, and whoever came up with the "I Like My Monsters Rare" quest should be drawn and quartered.

Come on guys, this shit isn't doing any good in my bank.

Have (ps3)

Sticky longbow leech
Two legendary soldier class mods
Sandblaster head for commando
Terramorphous class mod for commando.

Still looking for a legendary sniper or head skins.

Top Bottom