• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

madhtr

iS99On5pqPDGk.gif

It took me like 300 tries, but then suddenly.... 2 in 5 trips one night.

Okay, I've got a weird issue with Borderlands 2. For some reason my health/enemy health and my shield bars no longer display and the map is usually missing. The only thing that has changed is I updated the nvidia driver to 310.90. Is this the issue?
Thanks.

Insaniac

What's your strat / build? I'm about to give some Rocket Launcher-focused builds a try :)

well for any build, having a Sham shield and Logans gun is a must to replenish ammo. My Mechro specifically makes use of anarchy to amp up the Norfleets already ridiculous damage, and the accuracy penalty pretty much is moot since the Norfleet has such huge splash. I haven't used it, but the Nukem is probably just as good with Anarchy.

very little focus on anarchy other than blood soaked shields and discord for that accidental premature reload. Everything else is focused on the deathtrap tree so I can use him as a bullet sponge.

Equipment-wise I have:

Slag/corrosive/incendiary/shock Norfleet, logans gun, Sham Shield (94% absorb) Captain Ottos Relic (from pirate DLC to counteract blood soaked shield life loss), a homing tesla grenade, and Legendary Mechro class mod

Jhoan

I just encountered a bug where every time I shoot, Midget sounds come out and I move incredibly slowly. It's extremely annoying. This video shows what it is in a nutshell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEGU--SU4dA

I've tried quitting the game and loading the save but I still have the bug. I've tried turning off the Xbox and reloading it but it's still there. I've tried fast traveling; nothing gets rid of it. I got it in Lynchwood while doing a side quest involving killing 100 Bandits with different elements. Has anyone encountered this bug? If so, how did you get rid of it?

madhtr

I just encountered a bug where every time I shoot, Midget sounds come out and I move incredibly slowly. It's extremely annoying. This video shows what it is in a nutshell:

I've tried quitting the game and loading the save but I still have the bug. I've tried turning off the Xbox and reloading it but it's still there. I've tried fast traveling; nothing gets rid of it. I got it in Lynchwood while doing a side quest involving killing 100 Bandits with different elements. Has anyone encountered this bug? If so, how did you get rid of it?

Is that the Bane? If so, that is what the weapon does.

"Reduced movement speed. When fired the weapon yells out annoying sounds and phrases. "

That's not a bug brosef: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Bane

Cat Party

Skin packs being released today. 3 sets (skin + head) for each character, $1 per set. I'm on mobile so I don't have the link. They look good from what I've seen but I hate microtransactions.

GamerSoul

I've been having a lot of fun with the game. I still haven't beat it yet but man am I enjoying the ride. Some of the sidequest are just awesome like the Splinter Group heh. One night I joined a random group who were just blazing through the game. I mean they didn't stop moving lol it was something else. We were able to complete that slaughterhouse i think 5 times. It was pretty crazy and they were definitely not on their first playthrough..

Jac_Solar

I was reading about the DLC's on another site, and the amount of new weapons introduced per DLC seems to be quite low compared to the amount of weapons in the main game.

They've claimed the main game has, like, thousands, or even millions of weapons/possible weapon combinations, right?

But my impression was that the DLC's only introduced a few new weapons, like in the 5-10 range. What's up with that? Could anyone explain?

one85x

I was reading about the DLC's on another site, and the amount of new weapons introduced per DLC seems to be quite low compared to the amount of weapons in the main game.

They've claimed the main game has, like, thousands, or even millions of weapons/possible weapon combinations, right?

But my impression was that the DLC's only introduced a few new weapons, like in the 5-10 range. What's up with that? Could anyone explain?
If you change anything about the gun (e.g. sight, barrel, grip, item level, etc.), it's counted as a new gun.

madhtr

The guns the DLCs add are unique weapons, of which there are not a lot of. Probably less than 100 of those, so 5-10 is a pretty good number for each addition.

Inskipp

Skin packs being released today. 3 sets (skin + head) for each character, $1 per set. I'm on mobile so I don't have the link. They look good from what I've seen but I hate microtransactions.
I'll probly get a couple of them when the sales kick in. I just wish there was a way to preview the paint- schemes with different masks (Axton's domination paint + Vermi- mask might be cool)

GamerSoul

I need to get some dlc but I think im still pretty far from beating the game. I hope I am bcause I'm having too much fun. PS: Never mutate 3 of those buggers at one time when playing by yourself.

you can get a conference call in either mode. If you want a L50 one, you have to do it in TVHM.

I highly highly recommend looking up "moonshot farming" if you want to get one. The drop rate from the warrior is horrendous on non-quest related attempts to kill him. It's kind of cheap but the endgame farming in BL2 is so incredibly dysfunctional that I didn't have a personal problem doing it on my second character.

you can get a conference call in either mode. If you want a L50 one, you have to do it in TVHM.

I highly highly recommend looking up "moonshot farming" if you want to get one. The drop rate from the warrior is horrendous on non-quest related attempts to kill him. It's kind of cheap but the endgame farming in BL2 is so incredibly dysfunctional that I didn't have a personal problem doing it on my second character.

Ignore this post entirely and just farm the treasure room. You may not get a conference call (although many people do) but you could possible get way better weapons. Just YouTube it and go from there.

Every day I've been killing all three raid bosses with the evil smasher glitch with my. Infinite pistol, and I have to say, I would feel a lot guiltier about it if it weren't for the fact that the drops are so fucking awful. After 5 straight days of killing all three raid bosses, I've only gotten one legendary, and it was a leech grenade mod that I already had (but the one I got before from the treasure room was better)

So lately I've been using the four player glitch to try and spawn vermivorous but haven't had any luck. Anyone have a good video demonstrating a fast and easy spawn method? I actually had 2 guys at the level before vermivorous, which was scary haha

Pakkidis

Question

Are skills "when shield depleted........" any good? I tend to avoid those skills because I find them mostly useless. It seems that when your shields are depleted, death is right around the corner anyways, so it doesn't seem worth while.

Ignore this post entirely and just farm the treasure room. You may not get a conference call (although many people do) but you could possible get way better weapons. Just YouTube it and go from there.

Every day I've been killing all three raid bosses with the evil smasher glitch with my. Infinite pistol, and I have to say, I would feel a lot guiltier about it if it weren't for the fact that the drops are so fucking awful. After 5 straight days of killing all three raid bosses, I've only gotten one legendary, and it was a leech grenade mod that I already had (but the one I got before from the treasure room was better)

So lately I've been using the four player glitch to try and spawn vermivorous but haven't had any luck. Anyone have a good video demonstrating a fast and easy spawn method? I actually had 2 guys at the level before vermivorous, which was scary haha

I agree that the conference call isn't the best weapon it used to be, but if you specifically want a CC then the best way is moonshot farming the Warrior if you have that option. It's not even close. You'll get one within a half hour tops. Practicable (the x7 one) and elemental versions of the CC are still very awesome weapons.

I found farming the treasure room is very good for getting e-techs and relics/mods, but not that great at getting legendary items for the time spent. If you really want specific legendaries, the best thing to do is grind the right mob for it (e.g. Foreman in opportunity for the Black Hole, Hunter Hellquist for The Bee, etc).

edit:

Are skills "when shield depleted........" any good? I tend to avoid those skills because I find them mostly useless. It seems that when your shields are depleted, death is right around the corner anyways, so it doesn't seem worth while.

They definitely have their places. Melee in particular uses roid shields to amp melee damage when their shields are down and stays alive through lifegain items like a Rubi or the Law&Order combo.

What 4-player glitch

on the PC you can download a tool that directly manipulates the BL2 process' memory and set the game to 4p difficultly. On consoles the trick is to step into hyperious' arena until you get the message of player health reduce on resurrection, which apparently flags the game for 4p mode.

You can verify if you are in 4p mode by looting ammo-if it doesn't dissapear, you're in 4p mode.

CTE

Question

Yes. For example, if you use a mod on the Siren which boosts her "Fleet" skill 5 or 6 points and you have 5 points invested into Fleet you can boost movement speed when shields are depleted. You actually run faster than most vehicles travel in the game. That is some serious speed. Couple that with the new shield that always sits at 0 capacity and you have permanent super speed which you can use to dance around the enemies like they're standing still. On top of that if you use the smasher glitch and an infinity you become beast mode.

And the best weapon in the game now is the Sand Hawk with 200% bullet speed added on the Assassin with his velocity skill(I have 5 invested plus 5 from a mod). The Redundant Fibber is stronger but hard to ricochet when enemies are in certain areas like up above you.

ckohler

Hahahaha!

The Evil Smasher glitch combined with the Badaboom rocket launcher and a +40% explosive damage artifact is insane. I can kill Hyperious before he even gets to speak. Game breaking, yes, but damn if I was ever going to be able to beat him any other way.

Pakkidis

Yes. For example, if you use a mod on the Siren which boosts her "Fleet" skill 5 or 6 points and you have 5 points invested into Fleet you can boost movement speed when shields are depleted. You actually run faster than most vehicles travel in the game. That is some serious speed. Couple that with the new shield that always sits at 0 capacity and you have permanent super speed which you can use to dance around the enemies like they're standing still. On top of that if you use the smasher glitch and an infinity you become beast mode.

And the best weapon in the game now is the Sand Hawk with 200% bullet speed added on the Assassin with his velocity skill(I have 5 invested plus 5 from a mod). The Redundant Fibber is stronger but hard to ricochet when enemies are in certain areas like up above you.

Interesting, but its not for me, it seems like you have to build your character around those skills to get the most out of it, personally I like offensive skills that are beneficial all the time.

CTE

Interesting, but its not for me, it seems like you have to build your character around those skills to get the most out of it, personally I like offensive skills that are beneficial all the time.

Yeah. Play to your strengths and preferences. I tend to respec at the drop of a hat lately so I like playing around with different builds.

Inskipp

Game breaking, yes, but damn if I was ever going to be able to beat him any other way.
Are you sure? I find Hyperius to be one of the easier raid bosses to solo legitimately, as Axton at least.

Evil Smasher does make the process a whole lot quicker, that is certain.

Amon37

Wow just started tvhm for the first time. I'm like 4-5 levels above the enemies and they are still bullet sponges. And those armored maniacs. I might have to farm doc now for an infinity just to make the play through easier.

This is serious business.

What 4-player glitch

On console when you touch a raid bosses lever to initiate combat, it will actually turn the difficulty up to four players. I'm pretty sure this works with all of them but I guarantee it works with hyperius. So after you trigger hyperius, fly over to the tundra express farm house and run around and get some varkids after you, they will morph insanely quickly because the game thinks four players are playing and it gives you a much better chance at spawning vermivorous.

flake

So I'm a bit stuck at the moment. I'm level 50 and going through TVHM however I'm finding it hard to advance and I'm not really getting new/better weapons as I play, which is how loot games should work..

Any suggestions how I can improve?

Amon37

So I'm a bit stuck at the moment. I'm level 50 and going through TVHM however I'm finding it hard to advance and I'm not really getting new/better weapons as I play, which is how loot games should work..

Any suggestions how I can improve?

That's where I'm at except I'm not 50 yet. Even though I'll have re-farm after completing tvhm I feel I need to farm some legendaries now to have move forward without being frustrated.

FerranMG

Wow just started tvhm for the first time. I'm like 4-5 levels above the enemies and they are still bullet sponges. And those armored maniacs. I might have to farm doc now for an infinity just to make the play through easier.

This is serious business.

Try to shoot them at the head (to get criticals).
These armoured maniacs are not supposed to be killed by straight shooting at them!

Slamo

Does anyone have a shock sand hawk they're willing to trade (PS3)? I have a lot of legendaries and I'll give you anything for this one.

Top Bottom