• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Inskipp

There are certain missions you do not want to activate until then. Google for a list of which they are.
No need to google, just added list of sidemissions with unique gear on the first post (probly shoulda done that a long time ago...)

It's currently missing the DLC- gear. Still adding those.

E: Changed my mind, I'll add them later. Too tired atm.

E2: Oh and if anything else is missing/incorrect please do let me know.

PS3: WTCJJ-XT6CJ-5WK53-HT5BJ-W6HTJ
PC/Mac: KJW3B-BT9WC-9K6BB-BTTJ3-WTX99
360: WJC3J-TXXSK-SSX3X-C6JJ3-3CJW5

Worth 5 keys. Randy made it seem like they won't be active for long, maybe a limited supply type deal?

Amon37

Here's what I did to avoid level/gear issues in TVHM

Farm warrior on PT1 till level 39 (that's when the exp he gives drops to much to make it worth it.
Do story and sidequests till level 43, about that time is when you go to the dust to make the bandit technical.
You will be level 43 but only getting level 36-38 gear BUT once you have access to the dust you have access to Lynchwood. Lynchwood has 43-44 gear in the vending machine. But I also did a few treasure runs up gunslingers point to the car chest behind the electricity. After that I was 45 with gear to match. This got me all the way through the fridge back to sanctuary with no issues.

Once back at sanctuary I knew I didn't care about a level 50 octo, but slappy is a good farm. So I take the slappy sidequest and slappy is level 47 with 45-48 gear drops. Farm him a few times to get to level 47 and have good gear.

I'm now just past control core angel and it while I still died quite a few time, TVHM has been nowhere as frustrating as I thought from reading.

Raad

Banned
Thanks for key updates.

Now if only the golden loot chest would give me a nice sniper instead of grenades or shields.

Zertez

PS3: WTCJJ-XT6CJ-5WK53-HT5BJ-W6HTJ
PC/Mac: KJW3B-BT9WC-9K6BB-BTTJ3-WTX99
360: WJC3J-TXXSK-SSX3X-C6JJ3-3CJW5

Worth 5 keys. Randy made it seem like they won't be active for long, maybe a limited supply type deal?
Doesnt work for me at 8:55 am cst PS3. Guess it was over in a few hours. Sad thing is I was playing BL2 and missed out on the keys. Would be nice if they could alert people playing new codes are up.

Doesnt work for me at 8:55 am cst PS3. Guess it was over in a few hours. Sad thing is I was playing BL2 and missed out on the keys. Would be nice if they could alert people playing new codes are up.

The whole point of giving them away is social networking, to encourage you to follow them on Facebook and Twitter. The game survives just as easily without them.

i keep missing keys left and right.

and now i know why most don't like the gunzerker anyone i play with close to me in levels of any other class are tougher then my gunzerker...piss but i cant put it down oh well death only cost money

My Gunzerker is 24 now and I'm having a good bit of fun with him. I have him spec'd to gunzerk often and extend it with every kill so ammo generation is not a problem and I just destroy everything quickly. That one SMG you get from questing that's electric and slag is awesome for this.

My Gunzerker is 24 now and I'm having a good bit of fun with him. I have him spec'd to gunzerk often and extend it with every kill so ammo generation is not a problem and I just destroy everything quickly. That one SMG you get from questing that's electric and slag is awesome for this.

fuck it. I'm gonna get my Gunzerker to 50. I just can't stop thinking about the prospect of having *2* legendaries firing at the same time. >.>

i am 38 want to get 50 but dang if it aint kicking me in the rump trying to get there.
i wish i was more into smg's i feel like i never do enough damage plus shotguns are fun.

i am 38 want to get 50 but dang if it aint kicking me in the rump trying to get there.
i wish i was more into smg's i feel like i never do enough damage plus shotguns are fun.

Flavorless SMGs are almost never the way to go. They're pretty much made for high application rates of fire, acid, slag etc.

Progress is slow but still going.

mobile.20m6ka2.jpg

Beat the game a few weeks ago, but still on playthrough 1 on the 3rd DLC and need to do some more lvl 50 side quests.

Jezbollah

So after getting a character of each class to level 50, beating TVHM on four of them, completing all the DLC and side quests, beating all the Invincibles except for Vermi who I cant get to spawn and having only a couple of 10pt achievements left, I think I'm done with this game for now.

Will jump back in if my XBL friends want to level up or when level cap raising DLC is released.

ace3skoot

so I've been farming pete and he's been dropping rares like a boss

so far i have got

furosious shredifier AR
Homing storm front grenade mod
legendary siren class mod
fashionable volcano sniper
unkempt herold pistol

he just keeps giving and giving, like santa...only more burny :)

kliklik

Banned
I don't suppose anyone here is playing with a mid-level character? I'm level 28 and my friend who I bought the game with ditched me - didn't like the game. Soooo now I'm stuck mid-game and I don't really want to play the rest solo.

Anton668

from twitter

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: CTWBT-X5ZWC-9WRB3-BJ3B3-RWF96 [Active through February 3]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5TC3B-9F695-9ZX3R-5FBJT-J5TX3 [Active through February 3]
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: WJC3J-TXXKJ-KKW5T-H3KJ3-3CJZT [Active through February 3]

Insaniac

Man, playing matchmaking is idiotic, every game theres at least one guy running around with the Infinity / evil masher glitch, completely making co-op pointless

theta11

Man, I bought the DLC and have been trying to kill Master Gee and he is destroying me. Anyone got any tips on how to beat him?

Another 5 key code. First several thousand redemptions will work. Source.

PS3: K3CBJ-WBRKB-C55CB-S3WBT-56RBH
PC/Mac: 53WTB-S9XKW-SWFT3-TJBJB-FWWZW
360: CTWJJ-95F95-HSFT6-5RTJT-T5ZFJ

Man, I bought the DLC and have been trying to kill Master Gee and he is destroying me. Anyone got any tips on how to beat him?
Hide behind the rock in the back after he has one dot of poison on him, make sure worms can attack you but not kill you. Let the game run for an hour until he is dead.

Jhoan

Finally beat the game last night at level 34 with my Gunzerker. Like the game constantly said, Handsome Jack is a douche. That last boss battle was much better designed than the first Borderlands. I really loved the sense of scale of that whole battle. It felt like David vs Goliath.

Handsome Jack
on the other hand, was ridiculously easy; I made quick work of that boss by Gunzerking with my strongest shotgun and the Inspiring Fibber (which is a great gun to get on Normal from "I Want To Be a Real Boy"). I'm sure if I max out the Pistol skill, that gun will easily become my go-to gun until I start TVHM.

I too have the skill tree tuned to staying in Gunzerker mode longer for every kill, but it's still been a very slow progress developing the tree. I think I might start Torgue's Campaign of Carnage on Normal as opposed to saving it for TVHM (it's the only DLC I have since I got it for free).

Since I beat the game, I'm willing to buddy up with folks. I'm on the 360 version; my GT is Johan El Fuerte. I'll be sure to switch my network settings to invite as opposed to friends. I have a very few amount of quests left to do including You. Will. Die. Seriously. which will definitely have to wait until TVHM before I even I even think about taking it on.

theta11

Finally beat the game last night at level 34 with my Gunzerker. Like the game constantly said, Handsome Jack is a douche. That last boss battle was much better designed than the first Borderlands. I really loved the sense of scale of that whole battle. It felt like David vs Goliath.

Handsome Jack
on the other hand, was ridiculously easy; I made quick work of that boss by Gunzerking with my strongest shotgun and the Inspiring Fibber (which is a great gun to get on Normal from "I Want To Be a Real Boy"). I'm sure if I max out the Pistol skill, that gun will easily become my go-to gun until I start TVHM.

I too have the skill tree tuned to staying in Gunzerker mode longer for every kill, but it's still been a very slow progress developing the tree. I think I might start Torgue's Campaign of Carnage on Normal as opposed to saving it for TVHM (it's the only DLC I have since I got it for free).

Since I beat the game, I'm willing to buddy up with folks. I'm on the 360 version; my GT is Johan El Fuerte. I'll be sure to switch my network settings to invite as opposed to friends. I have a very few amount of quests left to do including You. Will. Die. Seriously. which will definitely have to wait until TVHM before I even I even think about taking it on.

Added you on XBL. My Commando is level 30 and almost done with playthrough one.

Insaniac

Handsome Jack

hit me up when you're closer to 50 and I'll play with your through DLC or whatever

Edit: unless you don't care about having a level 50 in your party in which case send me a FR TheLintendo

Marvie_3

Banned

Handsome Jack

You can add me if you want. I've got 3 different characters around your level that I could use.

maomaoIYP

Don't know if this has been posted yet, the solo 4p simulating glitch on consoles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UioY8b2XQBM&list=LLtWYW2tHOXyzkNA9BoSQHzg
Thanks to this glitch and the evil smasher glitch I farmed Vermivorous for about 3 hours and got 3x norfleets, 3x nasty surprises, 3x legendary class mods, 1x skin, 3x legendary heads.

I had 7 encounters in the first game alone, and at one time I had two of them at the same time. Completely renewed my interest in this.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Don't know if this has been posted yet, the solo 4p simulating glitch on consoles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UioY8b2XQBM&list=LLtWYW2tHOXyzkNA9BoSQHzg
Thanks to this glitch and the evil smasher glitch I farmed Vermivorous for about 3 hours and got 3x norfleets, 3x nasty surprises, 3x legendary class mods, 1x skin, 3x legendary heads.

I had 7 encounters in the first game alone, and at one time I had two of them at the same time. Completely renewed my interest in this.

How did you managed to pop Vermivorous so easily? I tried and I have no luck with it. I really want to get better legendary mod for Gaige.

maomaoIYP

How did you managed to pop Vermivorous so easily? I tried and I have no luck with it. I really want to get better legendary mod for Gaige.

Watch the video, he explains how to do it. Essentially the glitch makes the game think it has four people playing where there really isn't. This changes the chance of Vermi appearing to be about 1 in 60.

Jezbollah

Watch the video, he explains how to do it. Essentially the glitch makes the game think it has four people playing where there really isn't. This changes the chance of Vermi appearing to be about 1 in 60.

Likewise, I KNOW the glitch works, however I have not managed to get plenty of Ultimates into Vermis. Did you go to the farmhouse in Tundra Express or were you in Caustic Caverns using the hit and crystalisks to aggro the varkids?

maomaoIYP

Likewise, I KNOW the glitch works, however I have not managed to get plenty of Ultimates into Vermis. Did you go to the farmhouse in Tundra Express or were you in Caustic Caverns using the hit and crystalisks to aggro the varkids?

Because it was a hassle to redo the glitches I alternate between both areas. The time spent in each allowed full respawn of the other. Interestingly, Tundra Express - farmhouse didn't even give me a single Vermi, every one I fought I did it at Caustic caverns. There's 4 areas I use at caustic caverns, and you can do at least 2 rounds at each before teleporting back to tundra. The starting area (hide in the tiny shack), the infested warehouse (no hiding here, just run like hell), the tunnel area (hide in the room with the gun vending machine), and the refinery area (play hide and seek around the tractors). The starting area had by far the best yield, I fought 4-5 times there. Also once the ultimate badass comes out, be patient, I had to wait quite a long time a few times. Definitely more than 2 minutes.

Jezbollah

Because it was a hassle to redo the glitches I alternate between both areas. The time spent in each allowed full respawn of the other. Interestingly, Tundra Express - farmhouse didn't even give me a single Vermi, every one I fought I did it at Caustic caverns. There's 4 areas I use at caustic caverns, and you can do at least 2 rounds at each before teleporting back to tundra. The starting area (hide in the tiny shack), the infested warehouse (no hiding here, just run like hell), the tunnel area (hide in the room with the gun vending machine), and the refinery area (play hide and seek around the tractors). The starting area had by far the best yield, I fought 4-5 times there. Also once the ultimate badass comes out, be patient, I had to wait quite a long time a few times. Definitely more than 2 minutes.

Thanks very much for that :)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

Well, I can't heard what he said on video but I just noticed that his description explained it all. Thanks

are you on 360? I got lucky and Pyro Pete dropped me an extra one so I can give you one if you want. GT TheLintendo

I really appreciate that but I'm on PS3 :(

Nice, but would it work if I have friend with me. Or it is workable for Solo only?

Jezbollah

Nice, but would it work if I have friend with me. Or it is workable for Solo only?

I tried the 4 player trick and then had one of my BL2 friends join me in a Vermi hunt. Varkids were podding up way less aggressively and not in the same numbers prior to his joining so I imagine it recalculates the player count when anyone joins the session. TLDR, I think its solo only.

Anyway, I finally got Vermi to spawn, and twice, in Caustic Caverns. Thanks again, maomaoIYP, you helped me get the rewards of a shock norfleet and slag norfleet :)

Inskipp

Anyway, I finally got Vermi to spawn, and twice, in Caustic Caverns. Thanks again, maomaoIYP, you helped me get the rewards of a shock norfleet and slag norfleet :)
That's really nice, shock norfleets are probably one of the better variants. I got a couple of shock norfleets from the Vermi- event a while ago.

Guys, I bought the game on release (PC version) but never really had the time to play. So in coming week I should be able to squeeze in some gametime at least. Now I wonder how is community? Will I be able to find people playing or will I have to play through the game alone?

Speaking of which, if anyone has a Shock Norfleet they'd be interested in trading, I have a couple of just about everything these days. PM me or something.

Top Bottom