• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm not sure which guns I should go after now since my shield and shotgun got nerfed. (Bee and CC)

Legendary mod is only thing I know for sure that I can hunting.

Speaking of which, if anyone has a Shock Norfleet they'd be interested in trading, I have a couple of just about everything these days. PM me or something.
Follow-up to this: I have a fire Norfleet that I'm happy to 1:1 or any of about 60 Legendary weapons, shields and class mods I've collected over the months. Holla.

I'm on PC.

kliklik

Banned
Ok I've finished the game and now I'm level 34, on PS3. But I want to get to level 50. Anyone up for coop?

EDIT: and does anyone have a purple/orange mod for assassin they could lend?

maomaoIYP

I'm not sure which guns I should go after now since my shield and shotgun got nerfed. (Bee and CC)

Legendary mod is only thing I know for sure that I can hunting.

How exactly was the bee and CC nerfed? I haven't been playing for quite a while.

edit: patch notes for console versions say that the bee hasn't been patched yet....anyone knows if it's true?

madhtr

How exactly was the bee and CC nerfed? I haven't been playing for quite a while.

edit: patch notes for console versions say that the bee hasn't been patched yet....anyone knows if it's true?

You must not be looking at updated patch notes, because it's been nerfed across all versions, but the Bee shield is still useful.

CTE

The Bee damage is spread across all pellets now, before each pellet had the extra damage. So if your Bee added 42,000 amp damage, it was added to each and every pellet leaving the shotgun. Now the 42,000 is spread amongst them all. Sandhawk is best now because it spreads the shots, but it doesn't say it does in the stats. So every bullet in the 8 spread has the extra damage added. It's not spread out to all 8 evenly.

The CC was not nerfed, but seems like it was because of the Bee changes.

The best way to use the Sandhawk is to have bullet speed added to your shots. Assassin with velocity and a mod with points added to velocity makes the Sandhawk very deadly. 200% added speed to all your shots.

maomaoIYP

The Bee damage is spread across all pellets now, before each pellet had the extra damage. So if your Bee added 42,000 amp damage, it was added to each and every pellet leaving the shotgun. Now the 42,000 is spread amongst them all. Sandhawk is best now because it spreads the shots, but it doesn't say it does in the stats. So every bullet in the 8 spread has the extra damage added. It's not spread out to all 8 evenly.

The best way to use the Sandhawk is to have bullet speed added to your shots. Assassin with velocity and a mod with points added to velocity makes the Sandhawk very deadly. 200% added speed to all your shots.

Ahhh, I see, many thanks. Honestly speaking I like the amp shield nerf, it's already mad stupid enough that shotguns overpowers every other weapon type in the game, just like how assault rifles are completely useless compared to pistols.

Insaniac

I still stand by my statement that the Bee shield ruined a lot of things in Borderlands 2. Lots of people rely on the Bee shield, so there is no creativity. Bosses are now scaled to assume that people will use the Bee shield, making non-bee users have a much harder time fighting them

Has anyone notice if the hot fixes do what they say they are going to do?
i saw a new one came out today and they say for all platforms but i tend to think they really only care about pc user... just saying???

CTE

How did I can get 2x level 50 fibbers? I know that quest is only once per walkthrough.

He means a 2x shot fibber. Redundant prefix is what you want. You can get two if you put two characters through to that level. Other less honest ways like duping, too. Don't mess with that myself, though. So I got my 2 Fibbers by levelling up a Siren and an Assassin to 50 and did the quest on each. Then gave it to my Zerker when he hit 50 so I wouldn't have to alt f4 for another 2 Redundant Fibbers for hours again.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
He means a 2x shot fibber. Redundant prefix is what you want. You can get two if you put two characters through to that level. Other less honest ways like duping, too. Don't mess with that myself, though. So I got my 2 Fibbers by levelling up a Siren and an Assassin to 50 and did the quest on each. Then gave it to my Zerker when he hit 50 so I wouldn't have to alt f4 for another 2 Redundant Fibbers for hours again.

Alright, how do I know that it will have 2x shot fibber? I never had chance to farm in Borderland, and it is my first time that I actually farm for specific legendary weapons from Quest. I don't really want to make any mistake.

CTE

Alright, how do I know that it will have 2x shot fibber? I never had chance to farm in Borderland, and it is my first time that I actually farm for specific legendary weapons from Quest. I don't really want to make any mistake.

It will say x2 in the stats. Example = Damage is 50798x2. This is a good video to watch, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGPJBvFBuUY

zW1lw.jpg

Cat Party

After finishing Part 2.5 what should be the order of business? Still don't feel like my weapons/equipment are up to snuff. Should I go farming before I tackle the DLCs? Who should I farm first? Farm the easiest guys first? Who are the easiest? Any particular weapons or items I should be looking for?

Many many questions.
Farming Hunter Hellquist for the Bee is a good idea. Easy to farm, and despite the nerf, it's still a great shield. I also like farming the Bunker.

Amon37

If I took the hunter hellquist quest before beating the game again, and then beat The game can I still get a level 50 bee? I currently have a level 48.

As far as damage goes,

Redundant Fibber > Sandhawk

theta11

If I took the hunter hellquist quest before beating the game again, and then beat The game can I still get a level 50 bee? I currently have a level 48.

Yes, he respawns like most enemies in the game so he's farmable for the Bee but it takes a while from what I heard. I was lucky only killed him 5 or so times before one dropped for me.

Amon37

After over an hour trying for the fibber and getting bored, I figured I'd start Scarlett dlc and just get a sandhawk lol

Insaniac

After over an hour trying for the fibber and getting bored, I figured I'd start Scarlett dlc and just get a sandhawk lol

do yourself a big favor and don't farm a Bee shield, it honestly makes the game too easy and ruins any sort of challenge.

GamerSoul

I'm super late but yesterday I just got to the part
where you meet Angel.
Man, i didn't expect that. I tend to forget how interesting the story is sometimes because of all the great sidequest options. I love this game and I haven't even started farming yet.

Amon37

Except that it's basically required if you want to fight any of the raid bosses. Just get a bee and keep it unless necessary.

Exactly, I'm a pure solo player and I need a bee to kill Terra and other bosses, for regular play I like to try other legendary shields I've gotten.

I finally beat Terra with my sand hawk/bee but it wasn't easy.

Insaniac

Exactly, I'm a pure solo player and I need a bee to kill Terra and other bosses, for regular play I like to try other legendary shields I've gotten.

I finally beat Terra with my sand hawk/bee but it wasn't easy.

thats my problem with it, it's practically REQUIRED to kill them, it shouldn't be that way. But no more sense in crying over spilled milk i guess, sigh. Guess all the raid bosses are just going to have to be bullet sponges, instead of interesting and fun battles

Cat Party

thats my problem with it, it's practically REQUIRED to kill them, it shouldn't be that way. But no more sense in crying over spilled milk i guess, sigh. Guess all the raid bosses are just going to have to be bullet sponges, instead of interesting and fun battles

It is a shame, I agree.

Insaniac

Interview with Randy about raising the level cap... and how it could break the game.

http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/07/borderlands-2-level-cap-increase/

didn't see it posted any where.

My opinion on the level cap, raise it 5 levels which wouldn't break the games skills, and make acquiring the levels take more exp than it normally would.

or, don't raise the level cap at all, but instead allow players to continue to gain "levels" which instead would give you one badass token, or x amount of badass rank per level.

madhtr

Or... add infinite levels that don't give skill points past level 50, which slightly increases stats a small %. Being stuck at level 50 made me stop playing.... I finished the DLCs, so there was nothing else to do...

redhot_

My opinion on the level cap, raise it 5 levels which wouldn't break the games skills, and make acquiring the levels take more exp than it normally would.

or, don't raise the level cap at all, but instead allow players to continue to gain "levels" which instead would give you one badass token, or x amount of badass rank per level.

Ya I was thinking the same thing, kinda what Blizzard did with Diablo 3. It's just that incentive that drives so many players.

I'm also curious what exactly he means by blowing the memory on an Xbox and crashing it. So many people did that exploit to get max skill points and it wasn't to crazy.

So I've started my TVHM, as a level 36 Mechromancer, I've just gotten into Sanctuary for the first time, where is the best place from this point to upgrade my weapons? My current ones have served me well but are a bit useless for the tougher enemies. I have all of the DLCs so far if there is anywhere good in there to go.

zychi

Banned
Just beat first play through with basically everything done I could, I think? What's a benefit of going through a second time besides playing the dlc I already own? Feel free to put a spoiler tag on it if this thread isn't spoiler opened.

More codes for shifting

PS3: CBWBJ-CSC5T-5CWKT-ZBC33-WB9FW
PC/Mac: W3CTB-HXR5W-S56B3-TTB33-SXTXF
360: CTKT3-93FZK-SSXJX-KX3TT-X6XSX

Top Bottom