• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

GamerSoul

I like the Commando a lot. I've played all character classes and so far it's the only class I leveled all the way up to 50. The turret is immensely helpful. I recommend trying to get the slagged bullets skill in the left tree.

You can stop losing your stack if you fire and reload again.

Also. Commando turret vs double guns and rockets = sex wee. I tore through the game with the Commando more-so than the rest of my characters. Very good for tanking in front of mobs while you flank them.

Alright thanks for the opinions, defintely using the Commando next time. I just wanted to make sure the turret was a reliable as it sounds.

Quoted for next page:
New hot fixes:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1004/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--2-12

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 12, 2013

Mechromancer's Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.
Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
Sir Hammerlock DLC: Arizona no longer refuses to spawn if players are too far away.

I wonder if the Seraph thing is retroactive or if I need to purchase the new stuff.

Pctx

Banned
Alright thanks for the opinions, defintely using the Commando next time. I just wanted to make sure the turret was a reliable as it sounds.

Quoted for next page:
Slagged bullets, shock seeking singularity and a fire, acid or explosive weapon = the I win button with the slagged turret.

Got my shock norfleet.

I now have everything I want for my level 50's. I can now rest.

Quoted for next page:

considering Bee nerfs were retroactive, I assume these upgrades will be retroactive.

Chocobro

For those with Mechromancers, have you tried Atroization's new Chaos Theory build? It supposedly has higher DPS than (all?) the shock builds; plus this build is versatile.

I haven't tried it yet, thought some of you would want to give it a shot.

For those with Mechromancers, have you tried Atroization's new Chaos Theory build? It supposedly has higher DPS than (all?) the shock builds; plus this build is versatile.

Speaking of builds, here's a fairly comprehensive list of all the mechro builds (or a majority of them):

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=169149

Siren: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=163568

Commando: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=208146

Zerker: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=208152

Assassin: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=3308704#post3308704

tbh, the only thing these builds to is remind me how frustratingly small backpacks in this game are. If BP's had 100 slots, just about all the problems go away.

PC / Mac Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3KJ3-69JR5-9CXT3-JTJJT-WSCK5
Xbox 360 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: W3W3B-BHX9K-3TSTX-WXJ3J-XCHKH
PlayStation 3 Loverpalooza SHiFT Code: WJCJJ-HCBFB-CCKC3-H3CJT-6FBHW

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

Good through February 17th.

Jezbollah

Looks like a nice build, I have got it in my mindset that my Siren is my Fire damage character now. Kind of love my shock build I have with Gaige. Didnt look like that guy had discord in that build, something that may help out at low health.

Pakkidis

Just started my second playthrough with the gunzerker. I don't know why put I find shotguns in this game to be the best overall weapon in the game. I've tried zero, and now gunzerker and shotguns just seem to fit my play style. I'm a bit confused because shotguns kinda sucked in BL1.

I just like the power of a shotgun. I'm also finding with gunzerking I need a weapon where I can hold down the trigger, just makes things so much easier.

Chocobro

Looks like a nice build, I have got it in my mindset that my Siren is my Fire damage character now. Kind of love my shock build I have with Gaige. Didnt look like that guy had discord in that build, something that may help out at low health.

The build does have Discord; OC, third tier, middle. Rabid Hail can be used to regain health as well.

Just started my second playthrough with the gunzerker. I don't know why put I find shotguns in this game to be the best overall weapon in the game. I've tried zero, and now gunzerker and shotguns just seem to fit my play style. I'm a bit confused because shotguns kinda sucked in BL1.

I just like the power of a shotgun. I'm also finding with gunzerking I need a weapon where I can hold down the trigger, just makes things so much easier.

I'm a big fan of the Hyperion shotties in this game. Good clip size, high accuracy, generally good fire rate and reload speed, and they pack a real punch. The total package. Gunzerking with a quality shotgun and a slag weapon in your other hand rips up just about everything in TVHM. Heart Breaker + Slagga is my preferred combination, personally.

And considering the Heart Breaker is probably my favorite weapon in the whole game, I'm especially fond of this new shift code. +100% critical damage makes it a beast.

Kambing

I'm such an idiot when it comes to buying games >.<

So i've only just started BL1(like 15 mins of playing) and was wondering if i should just skip it and head straight to 2 that i bought on impulse when i saw it cheap?

Pakkidis

So i've only just started BL1(like 15 mins of playing) and was wondering if i should just skip it and head straight to 2 that i bought on impulse when i saw it cheap?

BL1 is at least worth one playthrough.

Amon37

Not sure for other platforms but everyone on ps3 knows you can copy your profile data to a flash drive use your golden keys then copy it back and you will have all your keys again and the items you gained right?

This year's offerings include special celebratory skins -- "Real Men Wear Pink" for Axton, "Tiptoe Through the Tulips" for Zer0, "Pretty and Pink" for Maya, "Pink Eyes" for Salvador, "Gumming the Works" for Gaige -- that will be available in the Quick Change character customization station, along with a special version of Moxxi's Critical Heart Breaker shotgun that will be the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load after redeeming the code.

Thanks!

Cat Party

If you have the time, hell yes play through BL1.

Zertez

Im not sure if they have released much info regarding how loot is determined when opening the gold sanctuary chest, but I was wondering if anyone knows what things determine what you will pull out of the chest.

Is the player level the only determining factor when you open the golden chest? Does class type play a factor, ie you are more likely to get a siren mod if you are playing a siren? Does the type of guns in your bp play a part, so if the game sees you have a lot of one type of gun or lack certain guns, you are more likely to get that gun type? Lastly does play through matter? Will I pull better loot out of the chest on 2.5 compared to 2.0, even though my character is level 50 on both difficulties? Ive seen a few people come up with some crazy ideas on other less reliable forums. I have opened the chest quite a few times, but still the sample size is so low, it is difficult for me to separate intended mechanics from a coincidence or horrible luck.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Oh shit. Now I'm gonna have to level from 48 to 50 between today and tomorrow so I can get a level 50 version of that shotgun.

Zertez

Oh shit. Now I'm gonna have to level from 48 to 50 between today and tomorrow so I can get a level 50 version of that shotgun.
I need to get from 43 to 50 on the PS3. I dont use the gun much on the pc, but it is only lvl 48, so that may have something to do with it.

Marvie_3

Banned
Im not sure if they have released much info regarding how loot is determined when opening the gold sanctuary chest, but I was wondering if anyone knows what things determine what you will pull out of the chest.

Is the player level the only determining factor when you open the golden chest? Does class type play a factor, ie you are more likely to get a siren mod if you are playing a siren? Does the type of guns in your bp play a part, so if the game sees you have a lot of one type of gun or lack certain guns, you are more likely to get that gun type? Lastly does play through matter? Will I pull better loot out of the chest on 2.5 compared to 2.0, even though my character is level 50 on both difficulties? Ive seen a few people come up with some crazy ideas on other less reliable forums. I have opened the chest quite a few times, but still the sample size is so low, it is difficult for me to separate intended mechanics from a coincidence or horrible luck.

I've opened it dozens of times and it seems like the only thing that matters is the level of your character. Everything else seems random.

one85x

I need to get from 43 to 50 on the PS3. I dont use the gun much on the pc, but it is only lvl 48, so that may have something to do with it.
If you have the Torgue DLC for PS3, I can power-level you the rest of the way. I believe the Tier 3 quests are scaled to 50 on normal, so you wouldn't be losing out on any lv50 quest items.

CTE

The Golden Chest is pure lottery. Nothing factors in other than your level as previously stated. You could get 3 sets of nades in a row. Be looking for an SMG and get nothing but snipers, RPGs, pistols, and shields for 10 keys. It's happened to me.

Zertez

If you have the Torgue DLC for PS3, I can power-level you the rest of the way. I believe the Tier 3 quests are scaled to 50 on normal, so you wouldn't be losing out on any lv50 quest items.
Thanks for the offer. I have the season pass, so all the DLC is open to me. My psn id is Tickmin. I should be on most the time working my way to 50.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just beat TVHM on my Siren. Man, that Warrior fight is a lot more annoying than I remember from my first playthrough. I still need ~30k XP to hit level 50 though. Grr...

Edit: ...aaaaaaaand LEVEL FIFTY! Sweetness, time to redeem that code.

Zertez

Just beat TVHM on my Siren. Man, that Warrior fight is a lot more annoying than I remember from my first playthrough. I still need ~30k XP to hit level 50 though. Grr...

Edit: ...aaaaaaaand LEVEL FIFTY! Sweetness, time to redeem that code.
Did you grind a certain area or stick to the main quest for the most part? Im trying to get to 50 from lvl 43 to redeem code at 50, at this rate not sure will make it.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Did you grind a certain area or stick to the main quest for the most part? Im trying to get to 50 from lvl 43 to redeem code at 50, at this rate not sure will make it.

Well I was level 48 with the final mission left so that got me most of the way there. To get the remaining way I went to Sawtooth Cauldron and did a side quest there. Seems to be a lot of high level enemies in that area.

Zertez

What system are you playing on?
I have it on the PC and PS3. I played co-op with friends to 50 on the PC, but now Im trying to get a few characters to 50 on the PS3 to play with my brother and a few other people. Things seemed to go quickly playing co-op during my PC play throughs, but playing solo on the PS3 has been a slow grind to 50. About to get some sleep now after playing pretty much all night. Does the shift code expire Sunday morning at 12:01am or Monday morning at 12:01? It just says through Feb 17th, so not sure if I only have tomorrow or all day Sunday as well.

Cat Party

I think everyone has the "ffffuuuuu" reaction when you open the chest and see nades. The plasma caster smgs you can get from the chest are incredible though. Better than any of the legendary smgs, IMO.

Hofmann

I think everyone has the "ffffuuuuu" reaction when you open the chest and see nades. The plasma caster smgs you can get from the chest are incredible though. Better than any of the legendary smgs, IMO.

Yeah, I've been using lvl 41 slag smg for a long time and it kicks ass - I'm lvl 50 now and still looking for a better weapon.

Marvie_3

Banned
Yeah the plasma casters are awesome.

I have it on the PC and PS3. I played co-op with friends to 50 on the PC, but now Im trying to get a few characters to 50 on the PS3 to play with my brother and a few other people. Things seemed to go quickly playing co-op during my PC play throughs, but playing solo on the PS3 has been a slow grind to 50. About to get some sleep now after playing pretty much all night. Does the shift code expire Sunday morning at 12:01am or Monday morning at 12:01? It just says through Feb 17th, so not sure if I only have tomorrow or all day Sunday as well.
Ok nevermind. If you were on 360 I was going to offer to help level you quicker.

rc213

PSN: rc213

Been farming the warrior and have accumulated a bunch of legendary weapons and mods. I could give some away just let me know what you're looking for. I've been trying to get a legendary hellfire with no luck infinity too, maybe a sandshark.

Zertez

Guess they didnt think too highly of Gearbox's anniversary. The BL2 shift codes barely lasted 3 hours, well for the PS3. Not sure if the PS3 gets less codes or more people are playing it, but PS3 codes seem to run out first.

Jezbollah

Guess they didnt think too highly of Gearbox's anniversary. The BL2 shift codes barely lasted 3 hours, well for the PS3. Not sure if the PS3 gets less codes or more people are playing it, but PS3 codes seem to run out first.

Shift Codes get issued for all platforms at the same time, and work once for every person who redeems it. Nothing to do with favouring one platform over the other, or how many people on that platform uses that code.

Zertez

Shift Codes get issued for all platforms at the same time, and work once for every person who redeems it. Nothing to do with favouring one platform over the other, or how many people on that platform uses that code.
The codes can be limited in numbers. They issue the allotment of codes at the same time and when those codes are gone, that system is out. No idea how they decide how many for each platform, but they are limited in numbers. Once the cap is hit, the code wont work. That is why the codes will be dead on one platform but still work on another. PS3 codes usually run out first. They can also put time a limit on it like the recent valentine codes. Ive seen the codes run out on the PS3 and remain active on the pc for another day. I dont know if one system gets more codes or if all systems get the same amount and PS3 players use them up quicker, but they have already admitted the codes are limited in numbers.

Pakkidis

15 hours in my gunzerker build and he is tearing everything up. Playing as a sniper zero solo for my first playthrough was a HUGE mistake. I didn't want to admit that it wasn't a good build, I was being stubborn and stupid and it didn't change until AFTER I beat the game.

I'm not making the same mistake this time, gunzerker is much easier than sniping. I find the enemies rush you a lot so shotguns seem to be my weapon of choice. I am lvl 25 right now.

Siren will be next.

Violet_0

Banned
15 hours in my gunzerker build and he is tearing everything up. Playing as a sniper zero solo for my first playthrough was a HUGE mistake. I didn't want to admit that it wasn't a good build, I was being stubborn and stupid and it didn't change until AFTER I beat the game.

Sniper Zero is not viable? That's the build I'm using for this character

Pakkidis

Sniper Zero is not viable? That's the build I'm using for this character

If your doing solo than I wouldn't recommend it. It IS viable but it isn't efficient. Sniper seems more for co-op play. Critical ascension is also one of the worst final skills in any tree.

The middle tree is where it's at.

Critical ascension should be changed so that any time you kill with a critical hit you stay in deception mode 1 sec longer + critical hit damage increases.

Zertez

Thanks for your help One85x. The levels flew by at that spot. On normal the tier 3 quest the mobs are 50. I found out the hard way. Playing that quest line on normal everything was a breeze until I got to the tier 3 part, I got killed many times before I realized what was going.

Jezbollah

If your doing solo than I wouldn't recommend it. It IS viable but it isn't efficient. Sniper seems more for co-op play. Critical ascension is also one of the worst final skills in any tree.

The middle tree is where it's at.

Critical ascension should be changed so that any time you kill with a critical hit you stay in deception mode 1 sec longer + critical hit damage increases.

I disagree, Sniper Zero is bad for co-op play - what use are you to your team if your team-mates are going down into FFYL and you're too far away sniping to make it back to revive? Sniper is good for solo, I got my Zero up to level 45 on it (helped with a nice slagged White Death I had) - until I managed to get the items to be able to replicate FightingCowboy's melee build - then I never looked back.

Also, the Law and Order combo is extremely simple to get (the two Sheriff missions in Sanctuary) and that alone gives you the perfect melee weapon/shield combo which gives you big health-regen for such a build.

Top Bottom