• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Not buying the add on pack, will wait until the GOTY version comes out.

Ahh, I need to get back into this, after I clear my current backlog gonna go for Vault Hunter mode with Gaige(she's awesome).

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
anyone actually use the add-on disc for xbox 360? it would appear the shipped product is entirely broken and may even need a product recall. lots of complaints in the official forum, main issues are inability to access torques dlc campaign through fast travel and upon closer examination by a forum poster they shed light on the possibility it was not included on the final disc. also not being able to use weapons/mission items in the pirates dlc. surprised it hasn't been mentioned at all here considering the size of the fuck up, $30 for a doa item.

We're talking about Gearbox here, I'm not surprised.

Zertez

Texas Independence day keys- 5 Keys- Should be good till sometime on the 4th of March
PC/Mac: KJWJ3-SCBFK-S5F3J-JBBB3-BHCJ3
PS3: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X
360: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3

maomaoIYP

Yesterday I finally managed to get my 4th lvl 50, the commando, leaving only the gunzerker to go. The commando has by far, been the easiest character to get to 50, I completely TVHM in about 30 hrs. Assassin was the hardest so far.

Amon37

Just got to the treasure room.

When you treasure run do only the inner 6 chests or so with skulls on them produce legendaries?

FYI fabled tortoise on second run. Nice!

Nevermind answered my own question on the third run with a stiff unkempt Harold in an outer chest.

Zertez

Just got to the treasure room.

When you treasure run do only the inner 6 chests or so with skulls on them produce legendaries?

FYI fabled tortoise on second run. Nice!

Nevermind answered my own question on the third run with a stiff unkempt Harold in an outer chest.

There is another large chest on the very bottom of the pyramid, if you did not know about it yet.

Jezbollah

I have seen the other chests give out legendaries, but by rule it's mostly the main skull chests. I usually open the others if the skulls havent shown orange.

Pctx

Banned
Yesterday I finally managed to get my 4th lvl 50, the commando, leaving only the gunzerker to go. The commando has by far, been the easiest character to get to 50, I completely TVHM in about 30 hrs. Assassin was the hardest so far.

What's funny about you saying that is I'm on lvl 17 of my Siren playthrough and I find her cataclysm tree branch fair easier to play through than the soldiers guerrilla branch. Health management is the biggest gripe with the soldier while DOT's and crowd control with the Siren is so much easier.

maomaoIYP

What's funny about you saying that is I'm on lvl 17 of my Siren playthrough and I find her cataclysm tree branch fair easier to play through than the soldiers guerrilla branch. Health management is the biggest gripe with the soldier while DOT's and crowd control with the Siren is so much easier.

I don't have problems with health management as a commando because the sentries kill everything so fast. I make the sentries shoot rockets, then max the lright most tree to get two sentries. The only thing I do in battle is slag the enemies. If I get downed I get revived almost instantly.

With the Siren I don't really bother with the middle tree, I put most of my points in the rightmost, and halfway in the leftmost. It works fine as a solo build, I don't like spending points on health recovery.

Vodh

Ok, so I got the DLC and I went to the pirate captain's zone to see what level are the enemies gonna be, and they were 19 (like me). Is the level of this particular DLC locked until TVHM or will it adjust if I go back to the story, get some levels and go back to DLC? What's the highest level of the DLC content on the first playthrough?

madhtr

Ok, so I got the DLC and I went to the pirate captain's zone to see what level are the enemies gonna be, and they were 19 (like me). Is the level of this particular DLC locked until TVHM or will it adjust if I go back to the story, get some levels and go back to DLC? What's the highest level of the DLC content on the first playthrough?

It's locked in until TVHM, and it maxes at 30, I think, in regular, 50 in TVHM.

GamerSoul

Damn those rabid stalkers. Imo, they are a bitch to take out in a group if I'm not too careful in tvhm. I found my worst enemy lol. I'm probably going to switch back to the right most tree.

I'm installing the game right now, I have a question about the multiplayer: does it have the same problem like the first one that give you the quests of the host even when you continued the game in single player?

b0neshank

Banned
Wish Gearbox would fix the drop rates on this game. I absolutely love the Borderland games but find it harder and harder to want to pick the game up knowing that the only chance for anything to drop that I don't already have will be grinding bosses for hours on end or exploiting.

Zertez

More codes 5 keys. @DuvalMagic Twitter
PC/Mac: K35JT-B3FXC-ZCFJB-BTTBB-CFHRT
PS3: CTK33-6JCRB-CKCCB-SJ5BJ-FZT6C
360: WBCT3-CX3Z6-JB9JF-W6JTB-3RB9T

Seems like they're slowing down leaks/infos on upcoming dlc. I wonder if the whole Aliens fiasco has affected Gearbox. I hope not, at the very least I'd like another character and level cap increase. At the rate they were going it seemed like a 2nd season pass was in the works. This isn't based on anything, just how long it seems time has passed in between stuff.

Jezbollah

Seems like they're slowing down leaks/infos on upcoming dlc. I wonder if the whole Aliens fiasco has affected Gearbox. I hope not, at the very least I'd like another character and level cap increase. At the rate they were going it seemed like a 2nd season pass was in the works. This isn't based on anything, just how long it seems time has passed in between stuff.

I would guess that the A:CM saga has put them on a media lockdown for the time being. It was more than just a bad game being released, there was so much misleading by them on a PR basis - wouldnt be surprised if we dont hear more about BL2's future content until E3.

Zertez

I think it has affected the studio. No idea if it is the whole studio or just certain people, but Randy Pitchford has been affected and not his usual goofy enthusiastic self. Hopefully they are going to regain customer support and earn trust back by putting extra work into the last dlc of season 1 and have a lot of details to share about season 2 soon.

Something is definitely going on though, they were hyping upcoming content/patches for BL2 before the A:CM trainwreck and now things have been very quiet. BL are pretty much the only games they have made recently that have been successful, so they are probably working harder than usual on the dlc to keep the fanbase happy. I like Pitchford and Gearbox in general, but they really screwed up A:CM and the pr for the fallout was horrible, I imagine they want to get things right with the moves they make for BL2. It wont make things right for many who bought A:CM, but maybe BL2 will be better in the long run because they don't want to screw things up again. Maybe I am reading too much into the silence and they are just waiting until March is over and they dont have to compete with all the big game releases this month.

Amon37

I'm installing the game right now, I have a question about the multiplayer: does it have the same problem like the first one that give you the quests of the host even when you continued the game in single player?

II believe you can choose to have those quests completed in your sp game.

GamerSoul

Shock spike shield is your best friend

+1. Those shields are also perfect for Raks. Also, turrets and a leccy Mechromancer build chews them up and spits them out too.

Ahh, I wish I had one of those while I was fighting for my life. lol. Yea you guys are right taking out their shields with electic gear first makes it an easier encounter. I used a maliwan electric pistol since that's all i had on me. It also helped having a legendary grenade that spawns 10 grenades. Ironically, i got it from the Bewm at the beginning tvhm and I've been using it since.

I think it has affected the studio. No idea if it is the whole studio or just certain people, but Randy Pitchford has been affected and not his usual goofy enthusiastic self. Hopefully they are going to regain customer support and earn trust back by putting extra work into the last dlc of season 1 and have a lot of details to share about season 2 soon.

Something is definitely going on though, they were hyping upcoming content/patches for BL2 before the A:CM trainwreck and now things have been very quiet. BL are pretty much the only games they have made recently that have been successful, so they are probably working harder than usual on the dlc to keep the fanbase happy. I like Pitchford and Gearbox in general, but they really screwed up A:CM and the pr for the fallout was horrible, I imagine they want to get things right with the moves they make for BL2. It wont make things right for many who bought A:CM, but maybe BL2 will be better in the long run because they don't want to screw things up again. Maybe I am reading too much into the silence and they are just waiting until March is over and they dont have to compete with all the big game releases this month.

I also think they're keeping a low profile right now. Hopefully they will come out stronger from the whole fiasco. I needs mah Borderlands.

Pctx

Banned

They should release the next DLC for free.

Zertez

I don't really give a shit about ACM and I doubt Take Two does either. It shouldn't affect Borderlands at all.
Take two doesnt care about A:CM at all, but Gearbox does. Their name is attached to the front of the box and Randy Pitchford was leading the PR for the game, even though it appears they contracted a lot of the work out to other studios, it is a huge stain on their reputation.

The last 4 major releases for Gearbox were Borderlands 1, Duke Nukem Forever, Borderlands 2, and Aliens: Colonial Marines. While Borderlands 1/2 were money makers for Gearbox, Duke Nukem and A:CM were turds. Unless Gearbox wants to be stuck making Borderland games forever, they have to build up good will with the public and more importantly with publishers. Take 2 published DNF, so they also took a hit, but I read somewhere they didnt lose money on the game although they probably didnt make much either.

They are ok with Take Two for the most part, but Im sure they will be pushing for more Borderlands and less likely to allow them to work on a new ip. If they can repair their reputation, hopefully they can find a publisher that will allow them to work on a new ip for next gen systems. They still have a good relationship with Ubisoft working on the Brothers in Arms series, and a new game in the series is due out this year.

While Im looking forward to a next gen Borderlands game, I want to see what they can do with a new ip and maybe a new genre when they have control of development from the start. Duke Nukem and A:CM were a hot mess when Gearbox took over development, and it is hard to tell how much blames lies with them. Its possible the games were beyond saving, but if a publisher was willing to give them the money to try, I dont blame them for taking the money and trying.

Amon37

I was averaging a legendary every 30 minutes last might in my 3 hour treasure run. Still haven't gotten the few I really want but he'll no easier way to get'em.

Cat Party

Take two doesnt care about A:CM at all, but Gearbox does. Their name is attached to the front of the box and Randy Pitchford was leading the PR for the game, even though it appears they contracted a lot of the work out to other studios, it is a huge stain on their reputation.

The last 4 major releases for Gearbox were Borderlands 1, Duke Nukem Forever, Borderlands 2, and Aliens: Colonial Marines. While Borderlands 1/2 were money makers for Gearbox, Duke Nukem and A:CM were turds. Unless Gearbox wants to be stuck making Borderland games forever, they have to build up good will with the public and more importantly with publishers. Take 2 published DNF, so they also took a hit, but I read somewhere they didnt lose money on the game although they probably didnt make much either.

They are ok with Take Two for the most part, but Im sure they will be pushing for more Borderlands and less likely to allow them to work on a new ip. If they can repair their reputation, hopefully they can find a publisher that will allow them to work on a new ip for next gen systems. They still have a good relationship with Ubisoft working on the Brothers in Arms series, and a new game in the series is due out this year.

While Im looking forward to a next gen Borderlands game, I want to see what they can do with a new ip and maybe a new genre when they have control of development from the start. Duke Nukem and A:CM were a hot mess when Gearbox took over development, and it is hard to tell how much blames lies with them. Its possible the games were beyond saving, but if a publisher was willing to give them the money to try, I dont blame them for taking the money and trying.

I think you give too much weight to GAF/forum drama. Sega is a joke and the other publishers know that. If there was actual malfeasance by Gearbox, that will have an impact, but there's nothing close to proof of that. Borderlands is a big enough hit as a franchise that Gearbox will not have much trouble lining up projects down the road.

Zertez

I think you give too much weight to GAF/forum drama. Sega is a joke and the other publishers know that. If there was actual malfeasance by Gearbox, that will have an impact, but there's nothing close to proof of that. Borderlands is a big enough hit as a franchise that Gearbox will not have much trouble lining up projects down the road.
I hope you're right. With the millions needed to delevop games, Im sure publishers/investors question every screwup before giving the greenlight to start production. Its tough to say without inside knowledge how much of the blame lies with Gearbox and in what shape the games were in before Gearbox took over development. I doubt any of it will have an impact on the Borderlands series, but it maybe tough for them to get funding for a new ip. Gearbox doesnt seem to mind to work on sequels, but personally I would like to see what they can do with a new ip and genre, like a large rpg.

Production costs have killed many studios even with games that sold millions, and makes me worry a little about next gen games that are all the same because publishers arent willing to take the risk. This is way off topic and I apologize to people wanting Borderlands 2 talk. Maybe with the new consoles coming out that have hardware similar to pc, development costs will go down and all genres can flourish.

I finally got around to playing as the mechromancer (after playing as commando and siren) and surprisingly she is a lot of fun. After spending so long playing as the siren it nice to have an effective action skill.

The problem I've got now is that I've played to the end of pt1 and finished torgue/pirates during the story - so im left with Hammerlock but I don't know whether to play it as the end of pt1 or switch to TVHM. I'm more worried about being overlevelled but then I know Hammerlock can be difficult in tvhm as a sub level 50 character so I don't want to be woefully underlevelled either. Level 36 pt1 or level 36 tvhm?

Jezbollah

I finally got around to playing as the mechromancer (after playing as commando and siren) and surprisingly she is a lot of fun. After spending so long playing as the siren it nice to have an effective action skill.

The problem I've got now is that I've played to the end of pt1 and finished torgue/pirates during the story - so im left with Hammerlock but I don't know whether to play it as the end of pt1 or switch to TVHM. I'm more worried about being overlevelled but then I know Hammerlock can be difficult in tvhm as a sub level 50 character so I don't want to be woefully underlevelled either. Level 36 pt1 or level 36 tvhm?

I was around that level (36) in my first playthough - you wont be underlevelled for long in TVHM if you do the normal practice of not doing side quests till level 50. Stick to the main quest and then things will start getting properly challenging for you.

Zertez

I was around that level (36) in my first playthough - you wont be underlevelled for long in TVHM if you do the normal practice of not doing side quests till level 50. Stick to the main quest and then things will start getting properly challenging for you.
I agree. I just went through it with my Siren on the PS3. The game gets very challenging if you only do the storyline quests and dont use the golden chest to get decent weapons. Some nice people here helped me get to 50 from 43 and gave me a few nice weapons to help me with farming. On the pc, mod guns are everywhere, so it is much easier to get to 50, if you choose to go that route. Im really enjoying playing the PS3 version now, even though the PC is a better version, the community on the PS3 has been great to me. The PC also has a good community, but any public games I joined, the people had ridiculous gear and weapons to kill things with ease. That ended up taking out a lot of the fun in the game.

Cat Party

Go with tvhm.

Amon37

Yeah, me too. I already have my melee Zero.

Melee characters just don't click with me for borderlands. I did a pt1 with zero but I was bored and didn't find his deception skill all that great, seemed like a worse version of phasewalk.

Cat Party

I have enough faith in Gearbox's creativity that I'm looking forward to a melee character, even thought I never played Brick or melee Zero.

Zertez

Golden Key @DuvalMagic(Keys limited)
Pc/Mac: KB53J-ZFBR5-HWRTB-T3TTB-RFJFR
PS3: C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ
360: WJKJT-W59F6-J3Z3F-KRTJB-C5CFS

GamerSoul

I have enough faith in Gearbox's creativity that I'm looking forward to a melee character, even thought I never played Brick or melee Zero.

You're really living up to your avi pic. heh. I'll agree with you when it comes with to their creativity. They must have planned this before-hand and it was a great move. They can easily expand on their Vault Hunters with as much creativity as they want because there is no mold they have to follow.

They have tediore reloads and the gunerang so I guess they could make some ranged melee weapons or something.

True. I think the vault hunter's action skill will probably be something close range like Brick but with some crazy experimental backstory twist.

Top Bottom