• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Stackboy

I need help with a boss in the Mr Tourgue DLC.

I'm level 36 and trying to solo the Bad-ass-asaurus. I can get him to half health but he just cheeses me. Any tips on beating him?

Amon37

Guess they didnt think too highly of Gearbox's anniversary. The BL2 shift codes barely lasted 3 hours, well for the PS3. Not sure if the PS3 gets less codes or more people are playing it, but PS3 codes seem to run out first.

Just copy your profile data to a flash drive. Use all golden keys, copy your profile data back to ps3 and bam all golden keys are back and you still have all loot, no need to wait on keys anymore.

one85x

I need help with a boss in the Mr Tourgue DLC.

I'm level 36 and trying to solo the Bad-ass-asaurus. I can get him to half health but he just cheeses me. Any tips on beating him?
You can hide behind the concrete barrier at the entrance after you die the first time. According to the wiki, he also has a bunch of critical spots you can destroy to stop some of his attacks.

Just copy your profile data to a flash drive. Use all golden keys, copy your profile data back to ps3 and bam all golden keys are back and you still have all loot, no need to wait on keys anymore.
Just be sure to update the file every now and then because your Badass Rank is also stored in the profile data.

Zertez

Just be sure to update the file every now and then because your Badass Rank is also stored in the profile data.
Thanks for the tip. Im still not sure why they are so stingy with the keys. You can collect a decent stash of keys in a month, but you have to pay very close attention to the postings on various social media or orcz. I have used the keys at lvl 50 and various other levels when I could not find decent weapons leveling, killing bosses or opening big chests.

I dont see how giving out more keys would break the game, personally I think it would make the game more enjoyable when leveling up with a new character. The golden chest is a good way to bridge the gap when you get stuck on a difficult boss and it fills a need when the loot system spits out useless weapons for your character. The golden chest was a good idea and allowing players of all levels to use it more often, would keep people playing longer on various characters, not make them to stop playing because they got a few nice weapons. For me in loot based games, loot is like a drug and in BL2, the gap between the next score is too long imo.

rc213

Jeebus i am getting manhandled by Pyro Pete rematch. I can't even get his shield down before I'm out for the count.

CTE

Remember that the Rubi heals 12.5 percent of damage done into health. ALSO keep in mind that The Bee will amp that too. Meaning you can get full energy from a shot or two with the Rubi and a crit hit. That's what I use for on the run healing.

I think that people don't realize what The Bee amps in addition to just ammo.

Edit - It amps vehicle shots, too. For those who didn't realize that either.

Cat Party

Jeebus i am getting manhandled by Pyro Pete rematch. I can't even get his shield down before I'm out for the count.

He's a raid boss, meaning he is leveled for 4 player regardless how many are actually playing. And like the other raid bosses he is cheap as hell and no fun to battle without 4 people with full elite gear.

rc213

He's a raid boss, meaning he is leveled for 4 player regardless how many are actually playing. And like the other raid bosses he is cheap as hell and no fun to battle without 4 people with full elite gear.

I managed to get him down to about and inch of his life before trying to revive only gave me a second or two. Lawl

Insaniac

actually he's a lot more managable than the other raid bosses, and can easily be beaten with two people

Spiders

actually he's a lot more managable than the other raid bosses, and can easily be beaten with two people

What's the proper strategy for beating him with two players? A friend and I tried it yesterday (commando and mechro) and got our asses handed to us even though we can beat Terramorphous with relative ease.

Insaniac

What's the proper strategy for beating him with two players? A friend and I tried it yesterday (commando and mechro) and got our asses handed to us even though we can beat Terramorphous with relative ease.

My friend mains Commando with Dual turrets / rocket pods. I've beaten Pyro Pete with him using a siren, gunzerker, mechromancer and commando.

first is to know how to beat him, i assume you understand that his fire/corrosive nova will continue to damage you until you die, unless you spawn the water torrent and "rinse off".

Secondly, each time you spawn the torrent, it will spawn rats or spiderants respectively, depending on which valve you use. The enemies will start at level 45 (in TVHM) and gain 3 levels each time you use it, up until level 66 I believe.

The minions that spawn when you do this, can dish out a lot of damage, and can get out of hand if you don't handle it properly. First, manage the valves smartly. I find the spiderants easier overall to deal with cause they don't have guns, making it more difficult for them to damage you. But if you are in a pinch, spawn the lower level minions. (Generally, my friend and I go for the spiderants, regardless)

Anyways, the overall strategy that we use is one person needs to be able to reliably kill the minions when they are spawned. This can be done with a Deathtrap (with explosive clap) a couple of high damage singularity grenades, high damage rocket launcher, and (what we used) dual commando turrets with rocket pods.

Also, try to have at least one person always slagging pyro pete, it makes the battle much faster, and obviously, use a high damage electric weapon to de-shield him. (Slag + tediore electric reload can de shield him rapidly)

For commando / mechro strategy, use your turrets and deathtrap only when you need to clear out minions and draw fire away from your character. Death trap will do insignificant damage to pyro pete, and works better against the small enemies and as a damage sponge. Kite pyro pete and avoid getting melee'd by him as it does a lot of damage and can de-shield you instantly, making his DOT attacks kill you very rapidly. If one player goes down, and the other probably won't be able to revive him/her, spawn some enemies. If you have a rocket launcher, you can get a second wind pretty easily.

Another thing to note is that Pyro Pete tends to nova after you deal a certain amount of damage to him, so if you and a friend need to recover / wait for cooldown, try to just run around and not damage him until you're ready to reliably kill the minions spawned from the valves

Hopefully this is relatively clear / helpful, if not I'll try to be more concise

pro-tip: fire / corrosive immune shields do work against his novas, and can make a BIG difference. My friend and I were lucky to have fire immune Bee shields.

edit: if all else fails, I can help you out if you want if you're on x360

FatBaby

New hot fixes:

New hot fixes for Borderlands 2 are now rolling out on PC / Mac, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3!

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
February 19, 2013

-Mr. Torgue DLC: Fixed an issue where the Lootsplosion would not always trigger after defeating Piston.
-Addressed instances of audio distortion tied to Axton's turret and kill skills.
-Chere-amie sniper rifle and transfusion grenades no longer cause audio distortion.
-Amp shots now use same sound effect regardless of whether player is client or host.
-Assigned price to Anshin 'Evolution' shield so that players can sell it for money if desired.

A hot fix is automatically applied at the "Press Start" screen when Borderlands 2 is connected to the internet. In general, hot fixes are used to temporarily address issues between major updates. Hot fixes are not permanent -- they are temporarily stored in memory during the game session and lost upon exiting Borderlands 2.

To ensure that you receive hot fixes, make sure that your system is connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 boots up. A hot fix differs from an update in that an update contains changes that are permanently stored on your system and only needs to be downloaded once.

For more on hot fixes and updates to Borderlands 2, keep an eye on the respective Knowledge Base article for your platform: PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3.

Vodh

So, I came back to the game after dropping it at lvl 15 and I'm wondering, was the DLC ever discounted yet? Or am I just better off getting the season pass now as it's not likely to go down anytime soon?

Also, a more important question - does the level of the DLC content adjust to your level on the first playthrough or is it fixed? When during the course of the regular campaign should I tackle the DLC? And does the DLC feature both a regular and TVHM, or can I do it only once on my character?

I'm sure those questions have been answered before, but digging throug the thread(s) to find the answers... Thanks in advance, GAF :)

Insaniac

So, I came back to the game after dropping it at lvl 15 and I'm wondering, was the DLC ever discounted yet? Or am I just better off getting the season pass now as it's not likely to go down anytime soon?

Also, a more important question - does the level of the DLC content adjust to your level on the first playthrough or is it fixed? When during the course of the regular campaign should I tackle the DLC? And does the DLC feature both a regular and TVHM, or can I do it only once on my character?

I'm sure those questions have been answered before, but digging throug the thread(s) to find the answers... Thanks in advance, GAF :)

If i remember, the season pass got a significant discount during the winter sale, but I don't think it applies anymore.

I don't think the DLC levels scale to your current level, I think the ideal level is just after you beat your first playthrough (level 30-35ish).

DLC levels will also scale once you hit TVHM and Playthrough 2.5

Cat Party

I don't think the DLC levels scale to your current level, I think the ideal level is just after you beat your first playthrough (level 30-35ish).

DLC levels will also scale once you hit TVHM and Playthrough 2.5

The DLC does scale, but within certain ranges depending on the playthrough. The max for playthrough 1 is level 30.

Zertez

I dont know if Gearbox and Randy Pitchford are keeping a low profile after the A:CM fallout, but it seems they arent in the giving mood for golden keys this week.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
anybody know when gearbox is going to raise the level cap to 60? I've reached my limit.

rc213

What the hell, I have beat Pyro Pete more than 20 times and he has yet to drop 1 legendary and only maybe 2-3 purples at best.

Grrrrrrr....

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I hope it's with the next DLC. I have 2 characters at 50 and 3 others in the high 30s. I'd really like a reason to keep using them.

same. no point in playing if you can't level up anymore.
anyways gonna start a new game with a mechromancer

rc213

I think I'm giving up on pyro pete, Still not one decent drop from him. I'm Now able to get in to the Treasure Room using the glitch and its already paying off. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!

Pctx

Banned
I'm amazed that Gearbox doesn't make the game auto scale indefinitely. If and when there is a Borderlands 3, it had better.

Zertez

I'm amazed that Gearbox doesn't make the game auto scale indefinitely. If and when there is a Borderlands 3, it had better.
Doubtful they will. Many people like to feel they are playing in god mode against weaker enemies or because they have great gear. With the best gear on a new character, you can get the same feeling. If you have the whole game scale, you take this mechanic away.

They already went a little too far with the bullet sponge enemies and many have complained, doubtful they will make it worse in the next game. People farm for hours to find the best gear, so they can feel more powerful and slaughter enemies with ease. Auto scaling all enemies takes this feeling away. If you take it away, the grind for weapons and gear becomes pointless, and the endgame is a waste of time.

Countless loot games have made the same mistake, if you gain little power farming at max level or the amount of time needed to find an upgrade is too high, the game will die quickly. I think it is a big problem now after all the nerfs they have made with legendaries and skills. Even with good gear there was too many normal enemies in the latest dlc that can kill you before you have much time to react. For a game with billions of guns, I found myself upgrading very little leveling up and at max level. I upgraded much more often playing BL1.

Pctx

Banned
Doubtful they will. Many people like to feel they are playing in god mode against weaker enemies or because they have great gear. With the best gear on a new character, you can get the same feeling. If you have the whole game scale, you take this mechanic away.

They already went a little too far with the bullet sponge enemies and many have complained, doubtful they will make it worse in the next game. People farm for hours to find the best gear, so they can feel more powerful and slaughter enemies with ease. Auto scaling all enemies takes this feeling away. If you take it away, the grind for weapons and gear becomes pointless, and the endgame is a waste of time.

Countless loot games have made the same mistake, if you gain little power farming at max level or the amount of time needed to find an upgrade is too high, the game will die quickly. I think it is a big problem now after all the nerfs they have made with legendaries and skills. Even with good gear there was too many normal enemies in the latest dlc that can kill you before you have much time to react. For a game with billions of guns, I found myself upgrading very little leveling up and at max level. I upgraded much more often playing BL1.

Perhaps vault hunter extreme mode.

Zertez

Perhaps vault hunter extreme mode.
I dont mind another difficulty level, but the rewards would have to make it worth the extra challenges. D3 suffered this same fate on release when the players made it to inferno. If you are unfamiliar with the mess that was D3 inferno, read just a few pages about the issue. You will see how fast a high risk with little reward system destroys the fanbase and game.

Dont get me wrong Im not asking for great loot to drop like trash, but if you put in hours of farming/playing, you should see some rewards for putting in the time. If a small group of hardcore players find the game too easy with great gear, they can always use subpar or underlvl weapons to give themselves more of a challenge. Some hardcore players finish Dark Souls at level 1 using the starter weapon, but very few would find this fun or play the game long, if they were forced to play this way. People who say the game is too easy while sporting heavily modded gear or the best items in the game, are laughable. Take the gear off and the game wont be easy. In a loot driven game, devs always have to find the line between risk vs reward. People play loot games to see nice drops, if you make the odds for an item to drop on the same level of winning the lottery, very few will want to waste the time.

533095_559734344050661_39143386_n.jpg

a little confused but if i read this right i still saved (a lot) by getting season pass but i did not get the Mecro? guess im fine with that since she is so annoying

Pctx

Banned
I dont mind another difficulty level, but the rewards would have to make it worth the extra challenges. D3 suffered this same fate on release when the players made it to inferno. If you are unfamiliar with the mess that was D3 inferno, read just a few pages about the issue. You will see how fast a high risk with little reward system destroys the fanbase and game.

Dont get me wrong Im not asking for great loot to drop like trash, but if you put in hours of farming/playing, you should see some rewards for putting in the time. If a small group of hardcore players find the game too easy with great gear, they can always use subpar or underlvl weapons to give themselves more of a challenge. Some hardcore players finish Dark Souls at level 1 using the starter weapon, but very few would find this fun or play the game long, if they were forced to play this way. People who say the game is too easy while sporting heavily modded gear or the best items in the game, are laughable. Take the gear off and the game wont be easy. In a loot driven game, devs always have to find the line between risk vs reward. People play loot games to see nice drops, if you make the odds for an item to drop on the same level of winning the lottery, very few will want to waste the time.

Haven't gotten a chance to play Diablo 3 but I experienced some of that in WoW when I played higher end raid levels. Basically made a "god-tier" of equipment beyond the Orange that vaporizes the baddies to goo. Of course, who knows what their % of the drop would be on the loot. All I'm saying is given the game, it would be nice if you could just keep playing and even the loot would scale in terms of what you got. Still though, if they had a crafting system in-game where you could make things that were 20 levels above where you were at and could evolve as you did, you could keep the cool stuff you made. It doesn't seem like rocket science to me.

maomaoIYP

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/533095_559734344050661_39143386_n.jpg[/MG]

a little confused but if i read this right i still saved (a lot) by getting season pass but i did not get the Mecro? guess im fine with that since she is so annoying[/QUOTE]

Mechro was pre-order only. What this package gives is both the pre-order DLC and the special edition DLC.

edit: also the small text says "Main game not included", so this is just a hard copy of the DLC.

madhtr

Mechro was pre-order only. What this package gives is both the pre-order DLC and the special edition DLC.

edit: also the small text says "Main game not included", so this is just a hard copy of the DLC.

Minus Hammerlock, which was the worst of the three post-game DLC anyway, so far.

Vodh

So basically the only way to play melee Zero is with a melee damage bonus weapon, and all those weapons replace your badass sword swing animation with an awkward gun swing? Is there any way around this?

thank you for the clear up and i too like the hammerlock play through, any time i get more clap-trap im down

Spiders

My friend mains Commando with Dual turrets / rocket pods. I've beaten Pyro Pete with him using a siren, gunzerker, mechromancer and commando.

first is to know how to beat him, i assume you understand that his fire/corrosive nova will continue to damage you until you die, unless you spawn the water torrent and "rinse off".

Secondly, each time you spawn the torrent, it will spawn rats or spiderants respectively, depending on which valve you use. The enemies will start at level 45 (in TVHM) and gain 3 levels each time you use it, up until level 66 I believe.

The minions that spawn when you do this, can dish out a lot of damage, and can get out of hand if you don't handle it properly. First, manage the valves smartly. I find the spiderants easier overall to deal with cause they don't have guns, making it more difficult for them to damage you. But if you are in a pinch, spawn the lower level minions. (Generally, my friend and I go for the spiderants, regardless)

Anyways, the overall strategy that we use is one person needs to be able to reliably kill the minions when they are spawned. This can be done with a Deathtrap (with explosive clap) a couple of high damage singularity grenades, high damage rocket launcher, and (what we used) dual commando turrets with rocket pods.

Also, try to have at least one person always slagging pyro pete, it makes the battle much faster, and obviously, use a high damage electric weapon to de-shield him. (Slag + tediore electric reload can de shield him rapidly)

For commando / mechro strategy, use your turrets and deathtrap only when you need to clear out minions and draw fire away from your character. Death trap will do insignificant damage to pyro pete, and works better against the small enemies and as a damage sponge. Kite pyro pete and avoid getting melee'd by him as it does a lot of damage and can de-shield you instantly, making his DOT attacks kill you very rapidly. If one player goes down, and the other probably won't be able to revive him/her, spawn some enemies. If you have a rocket launcher, you can get a second wind pretty easily.

Another thing to note is that Pyro Pete tends to nova after you deal a certain amount of damage to him, so if you and a friend need to recover / wait for cooldown, try to just run around and not damage him until you're ready to reliably kill the minions spawned from the valves

Hopefully this is relatively clear / helpful, if not I'll try to be more concise

pro-tip: fire / corrosive immune shields do work against his novas, and can make a BIG difference. My friend and I were lucky to have fire immune Bee shields.

edit: if all else fails, I can help you out if you want if you're on x360

Thanks! We managed to beat him quite easily with this strategy.

Now unto Hyperius!

beastworship

Neo Member
anyone actually use the add-on disc for xbox 360? it would appear the shipped product is entirely broken and may even need a product recall. lots of complaints in the official forum, main issues are inability to access torques dlc campaign through fast travel and upon closer examination by a forum poster they shed light on the possibility it was not included on the final disc. also not being able to use weapons/mission items in the pirates dlc. surprised it hasn't been mentioned at all here considering the size of the fuck up, $30 for a doa item.

Top Bottom