• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

undrtakr900

All this talk about the new melee character got me thinking, i wish the imported Brick's BL1 skilltree to BL2. Mainly because I wanted to main Rocket Launchers and Melee.

Ammo scarcity prevents using RL as primary in BL2 and while melee combat was fun in BL1, it lost some enjoyment because melee didn't have any "proficiency" to upgrade melee power beyond your current level.... and I'm an upgrade WHORE.
Golden Key @DuvalMagic(Keys limited)
Pc/Mac: KB53J-ZFBR5-HWRTB-T3TTB-RFJFR
PS3: C35BB-WZZWJ-5W5KT-ZT5BB-H3SXZ
360: WJKJT-W59F6-J3Z3F-KRTJB-C5CFS
Thank you sir!

eDIt: Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, I went to open the chest and was going to play the system(don't save, then load until I get the weapon I want). But didn't realize it auto saves as soon as you open the chest, so when I did a hard-reset back to the dashboard(x360), not only did I loose a key, I lost the weapons it unlocked since I didn't save. Dammit lol.

eDIt #2: Hahaha, before using the keys I made a backup save to my memory card and thought if I load that save, I'll still have my keys. NOPE :'? Dam Gearbox really though this thing through, well now I'll just learn to be happy with what I get next time.

Pctx

Banned
All this talk about the new melee character got me thinking, i wish the imported Brick's BL1 skilltree to BL2. Mainly because I wanted to main Rocket Launchers and Melee.

Ammo scarcity prevents using RL as primary in BL2 and while melee combat was fun in BL1, it lost some enjoyment because melee didn't have any "proficiency" to upgrade melee power beyond your current level.... and I'm an upgrade WHORE.
Thank you sir!

eDIt: Oh fuck, fuck, fuck, I went to open the chest and was going to play the system(don't save, then load until I get the weapon I want). But didn't realize it auto saves as soon as you open the chest, so when I did a hard-reset back to the dashboard(x360), not only did I loose a key, I lost the weapons it unlocked since I didn't save. Dammit lol.

eDIt #2: Hahaha, before using the keys I made a backup save to my memory card and thought if I load that save, I'll still have my keys. NOPE :'? Dam Gearbox really though this thing through, well now I'll just learn to be happy with what I get next time.

just get the PC version and sploit it.

Amon37

That's weird, on ps3 it doesn't auto save when you open the chest, and you can exploit them easily by copying to external USB.

undrtakr900

just get the PC version and sploit it.
Hehe yeah that's what I love about PC is can always exploit/mod your game however you want.

But what I hate about PC is that my computer was always a generation behind for the game I wanted to play. So my gameplay went like this: I see you, you see me, my framerate drops to 10, and I die lol. That's why I started gaming on xbox.
That's weird, on ps3 it doesn't auto save when you open the chest, and you can exploit them easily by copying to external USB.
Hmm...maybe it was because I was online when I did it? Or maybe do I need to take the USB out before I load the game from the harddrive?

Need the ability to redeem Golden Keys on PC and Smartphones.

Having to boot up your platform of choice and then entering the code with the god awful console keyboards.

tumblr_mep6epX7Pk1rbq997.gif

Amon37

Hmm...maybe it was because I was online when I did it? Or maybe do I need to take the USB out before I load the game from the harddrive?

I always have my hdd connected, however I generally do not ever sign in to psn before I play in case they have some hotfix that breaks my glitch lol and I never play multiplayer anyway.

Zertez

I know Ive said it before, but I still dont understand why they are so stingy with keys. At 60 they are not as important since you can farm raid bosses and other named npcs for weapons. They make leveling up a little easier, but even with nice gear not everything is a walk in the park. I find using keys every 6 or 7 levels past lvl 10 makes the game a lot more enjoyable and fun. I can understand the rarity if legendaries popped out every 5th key, but that isnt the case.

I like most of the new systems in BL2, but many of them have a stupid restrictions that keep them from being great. In BL2 it seems they are more likely to punish the players, than reward them. Overall the loot system is an upgrade from the first game, but people want to see a lot of usable gear when leveling, that shouldnt be much to ask for a game that claims it has billions of guns. Well I guess technically crap weapons count, but at this time too much useless junk drops imo.

maomaoIYP

Is there anyone else here that has all 5 characters at level 50?

Because I just managed to do that, and for some reason my game is in some sort of strange glitch where rare weapons don't become rare at all, and normal enemies drop legendaries. In 5 minutes, normal enemies have dropped: sledge's shotgun, infinity, hellfire, pyrophobia, neogenator and deadly bloom.

I've also opened 3 chests in a row that contained only purples and magenta weapons.

Does anyone know if this is a consequence of getting all characters to 50?

edit: ok, make that 6 chests in a row. The last chests had 3 legendary class mods. This is getting insane, I'm about to beat the warrior now, I really want to see if I get a golden shower.

Inskipp

Is there anyone else here that has all 5 characters at level 50?

Because I just managed to do that, and for some reason my game is in some sort of strange glitch where rare weapons don't become rare at all, and normal enemies drop legendaries. In 5 minutes, normal enemies have dropped: sledge's shotgun, infinity, hellfire, pyrophobia, neogenator and deadly bloom.

I've also opened 3 chests in a row that contained only purples and magenta weapons.

I think you're just unlucky, I used to get 30min/1-hour binges of not getting anything.

Then again I only have 2 characters level 50, but I don't see any logical implication on why the rng- values would suddenly zero themselves in your case.

maomaoIYP

I think you're just unlucky, I used to get 30min/1-hour binges of not getting anything.

Then again I only have 2 characters level 50, but I don't see any logical implication on why the rng- values would suddenly zero themselves in your case.

No no man, read my post again. I'm getting legendaries like no tomorrow. I took a photo of the 3 gold class mods chest, gimme a few mins to upload it.

edit:

maomaoIYP

OMFG. The Warrior dropped:
Emperor x 1
Striker x 2
Infinity x 1
Skullmasher x 2
Gunerang x 1
Madhous x 1
Pitchfork x 3
Kerblaster x 2
Slagga x 1
Thunderball fists x 1
Invader x 1
Cradle x 1
Leech x 1
Unkempt harold x 1
Conference call x 1

maomaoIYP

Goddamnit.

I know man. I totally feel you. I spent forever farming for a conference call and never got one previously. Now to make a hard decision, do I quit out, risk losing the glitch and re-fight the warrior or do I go somewhere else and see if I get more stuff.

edit: Yeah it was all in a SINGLE DROP.

ZeroCoin

Definitely not some hidden secret benefit for getting level 50s. I have 5 50s and have never seen anything like that happen. I doubt we'd see quite so many gripes about farming for weapons if that were the case.

maomaoIYP

Definitely not some hidden secret benefit for getting level 50s. I have 5 50s and have never seen anything like that happen. I doubt we'd see quite so many gripes about farming for weapons if that were the case.

Wow ok, thanks for that. Now I don't want to do to sleep, it's almost 2am here.

edit: just beat terra with gunzerking dual infinities and no bee shield... dropped conference call, veruc, madhous and the slayer of terra mod.
edit2: The 2 chests next to terra gave me.....7 legendaries, thunderball fists, gub, unkempt harold, gunerang, rolling thunder, fastball, bouncing bonny.

FatBaby

New hot fixes:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1012/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--3-12

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
March 12, 2013

-The "Surprise!" challenge is now immediately visible and no longer hidden.
-Addressed some instances where Booster and Adaptive shield sound effects would not properly trigger.
-Fixed an issue where the 'Evolution' shield could incorrectly list a Recharge Delay of 0.00 seconds.
-PC: Item of the Day can now be selected via mouse in Seraph and Torgue vending machines.

maomaoIYP

Apparently the glitch passed on to another character of mine, which was just at the treasure room....I just had a chest with 3 infinities inside.

Spiders

Wow ok, thanks for that. Now I don't want to do to sleep, it's almost 2am here.

edit: just beat terra with gunzerking dual infinities and no bee shield... dropped conference call, veruc, madhous and the slayer of terra mod.
edit2: The 2 chests next to terra gave me.....7 legendaries, thunderball fists, gub, unkempt harold, gunerang, rolling thunder, fastball, bouncing bonny.

Sounds like the same thing that's happening to a friend of mine.

He texted me about an hour ago and told me that he keeps getting legendary drop from regular enemies. I didn't believe him at first, but when I joined his game we got 2 legendaries in about 5 minutes...

Unfortunately the highest level character he has access to at the moment is level 14, so all of weapons he got are around that level.

maomaoIYP

Sounds like the same thing that's happening to a friend of mine.

He texted me about an hour ago and told me that he keeps getting legendary drop from regular enemies. I didn't believe him at first, but when I joined his game we got 2 legendaries in about 5 minutes...

Unfortunately the highest level character he has access to at the moment is level 14, so all of weapons he got are around that level.

Maybe something went wrong (or very right!) during their latest hotfix. I tried going to the DLC zones but the chests there still dropped the legendaries from the main game. Also the selection was kind of...limited, a lot of legendaries were very common and kept appearing while things like Bitch and Baby Maker were really rare. Variations of the same item kept appearing together in the same box, I had a box with 3 legendary sirens, one with 3 bees, one with 3 cradles, etc etc. Anyway I've turned it off, it'll probably be gone when I play again tomorrow.

Amon37

Son of a bitch I'm so sad I missed it. If it was still happening now I would have called in late and ran the treasure room a few times.

Amon37

I just thought of something, if you go to master gee's gate to enable the 4p glitch will that increase the legendary spawn chance when farming the treasure room?

maomaoIYP

They can only fix it via a new hotfix, so until they announce that I would think that it's still available. Everyone who has quick access to some chests (like the 4 in arid boneyard for example) should just go and open them. Even toilets were giving me magentas and purples.

edit: Looks like some are saying it's gone for them. Oh well. I got like 7 infinities in total, including an electric one.

Amon37

Ok I swear I'm about to have my wife (who doesn't play games) Boot it up and check. I don't know if I can get her to a chest though.
If it is working she isn't shutting if the ps3.

undrtakr900

Curious, was the "Legendary Drop glitch" only for a certain areas(or DLC), cause I've been playing non-stop this past 2 weeks and only been getting regular drops. I would have loved some Legendary drops....well before they fixed it.
I always have my hdd connected, however I generally do not ever sign in to psn before I play in case they have some hotfix that breaks my glitch lol and I never play multiplayer anyway.
Oh that's probably why, I was connected to LIVE and I guess it autoupdates your keys for all characters on my profile.
BL2 news has been quiet for a reason. Tons of new stuff on the horizon... Stay tuned ;)
Oh dam, I'm still doing the main quest, haven't even touched the current DLC. It looks like I'm not going to have a life for a while lol

Top Bottom