• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

GamerSoul

You guys were right, I should have tried to complete the game before completing all the quest in tvhm. I'm already level 48 and I have a ways to go. Atleast ill have some lvl 50 legendaries to look forward to since my brother got from some random guy online that he plays with. Guess I'm going to buy mechro soon.

Cat Party

image.php

maomaoIYP

Curious, was the "Legendary Drop glitch" only for a certain areas(or DLC), cause I've been playing non-stop this past 2 weeks and only been getting regular drops. I would have loved some Legendary drops....well before they fixed it.

It was in every single area. I was in Hero's Pass doing Talon of God when I noticed it. After that I tried the DLC zones as well.

Jezbollah

This legendary drop thing was a little annoying. I'm working away from home this month - if I was near my Xbox I would have jumped on as my Mechromancer and jumped into Sawtooth Cauldron. The way I chew up that crowd would have had me raking in the oranges :(

Anyway. Level cap increase coming soon. AT LAST.

maomaoIYP

Neither am I, to much of a wast of time for me. They made the drops to rare, it was better in the first game.

Yeah absolutely agreed. Not only were drops more common in the first game, a lot of purple guns were also great. In BL2 legendaries are pretty much king, and if you don't have them, you don't have a chance against the raid bosses.

Spiders

I hope the level cap increase comes with a feature to level weapons up.

It took me hours of farming to get an Infinity and a Conference Call, and I'd hate to have to do that all over again.

Amon37

Shield rarity doesn't seem to have increased but 40 minutes of treasure room, and I got a quasar, then a Maggie and skullmasher in the same run.

Amon37

Finding the hidden echos for each characters tells their story more, otherwise you are really just a generic vault hunter mixed up with crimson raiders to stop jack.

Cat Party

this irked me the entire time as I played as Maya and encountered Lilith and there was absolutely no interaction between her and lilith.

Yeah, one thing Gearbox could have done was to make a few things in the campaign character specific. Some different dialog and an extra mission or something. I can see why they wouldn't do that, though, since the game is supposed to work seamlessly from SP to MP

GamerSoul

Finding the hidden echos for each characters tells their story more, otherwise you are really just a generic vault hunter mixed up with crimson raiders to stop jack.

Basically this. You're role is pretty much generic and I guess everyone's quest is told implicitly throughout the game. I played as Maya also and we definitely learned a few things about Sirens. I would love some missions specific to each character. The easiest way they could at least attempt to make each character's story unique is by giving each character their own specific echo recordings that appear in your backpack after each major event. Kinda like how Tannis always catalogs her life events lol.

DLC cant come too soon or too late. It must come at the perfect time to suit my game playing needs. I would totally do the new dlc with the new character

Seanspeed

Banned
This game is so freakin difficult sometimes.

I'm level 25 and am dying repeatedly trying to beat a level 22 mission in the Caustic Caverns. Its ridiculous the amount of enemies they throw at you. And then they punish you further for dying several times from the respawning enemies when trying to get back where you were. They did the same thing BL1, but it wasn't nearly as bad as this.

Really frustrating. I want to move forward, but I'm getting my butt-kicked in Opportunity, so I decided to do some side missions but even those are proving overwhelming.

undrtakr900

Is anyone else an obsessive compulsive BL2 player?

While playing I have to check every square inch(inc rooftops) of a level and open every since chest/locker/skag-pile I come across, including killing any/every enemy encounter(even low level). I also keep a calculator nearby to calculate the: Total = health + shield, while comparing 2 shields if one gives increased health but lower shield capacity. I also spend way too much time Marcus' shooting range checking the damage output of weapons while calculating: Damage x Fire Rate... which is usually all for naught since I usually find a better weapon after like 30+ minutes of gameplay. Sometimes I spend more time in the menu/checking stats than actually playing lol. It's driving me crazy, not to mention taking up way too much time, but for some reason I still do it :/

Anyone else like this?
It was in every single area. I was in Hero's Pass doing Talon of God when I noticed it. After that I tried the DLC zones as well.
Hmm... looking back, I think I do remember an increased drop of rarities, but since I was only level 30ish at the time it was mostly blue/purple drops. I remember playing the Sheriff boss from Lynchwood 10+ times because she kept dropping so much good loot like the sheriff's badge and elemental pistols for my gunzerker.

I actually like the increased drop rates, it made the game more fun IMO.

I'm level 25 and am dying repeatedly trying to beat a level 22 mission in the Caustic Caverns. Its ridiculous the amount of enemies they throw at you. And then they punish you further for dying several times from the respawning enemies when trying to get back where you were. They did the same thing BL1, but it wasn't nearly as bad as this.

Really frustrating. I want to move forward, but I'm getting my butt-kicked in Opportunity, so I decided to do some side missions but even those are proving overwhelming.
How are your weapons? When I enter a higher level area I'm usually getting my but kicked until I find some better weapons. Try replaying some bosses or doing chest runs to try and get some better items(just save/load/repeat).

Also another thing that helps from the swarming Spiderants, is to keep a shield with melee spike damage. Sometimes I just run right in the middle of a spiderant swarm and most of the time the shield will kill enemies without me having to shoot a single bullet, and you are badass ranks for it.

Last tip, if you're still getting destroyed is to just sit back at a safe distance and snipe the enemies. Or at the least soften them up for when they get within attacking range.

Jonm1010

Banned
I recently got back into this game after re-purchasing for the PC during the winter sale on steam.

I've been playing off and on for a couple months now and am approaching level 30 and completing my first playthrough.

Was curious about DLC though, specifically sales. I already purchased half the content on 360 and can't bring myself to pay full price for it again on PC. So to any PC gamers how often does the DLC go on sale? At steam, GMG or any others??

I really hope I don't have to wait til the summer sale cause I just know I will have lost interest or started a new game by then but some of the content looks pretty fun.

Seanspeed

Banned
How are your weapons? When I enter a higher level area I'm usually getting my but kicked until I find some better weapons. Try replaying some bosses or doing chest runs to try and get some better items(just save/load/repeat).

Also another thing that helps from the swarming Spiderants, is to keep a shield with melee spike damage. Sometimes I just run right in the middle of a spiderant swarm and most of the time the shield will kill enemies without me having to shoot a single bullet, and you are badass ranks for it.

Last tip, if you're still getting destroyed is to just sit back at a safe distance and snipe the enemies. Or at the least soften them up for when they get within attacking range.
Weapons I think are ok. I can kill most of the enemies alright on their own, but its when I get swarmed that I'm just helpless. If I could just move away, wouldn't be such a problem but the spiderants jump around and chase you while the threshers(my real problem) just pop up at you form all sides sometimes. The wormhole threshers in particular kill me almost everytime. And this Badass Pyre Thresher that attacks with like 4-5 other threshers with it.

Its just overwhelming. I'll try a shield with spike damage. Never tried one as I wasn't sure how effective they actually were.

Jezbollah

Every enemy is vulnerable and also immune to a certain type of weapon. For the Caustic Caverns it's usually fire weapons (vs flesh) that are effective, and corrosive that are ineffective.

Once you get an idea of what mobs are weak to what guns, the game becomes a lot more manageable.

Marvie_3

Banned

What system are you playing on?

GamerSoul

Weapons I think are ok. I can kill most of the enemies alright on their own, but its when I get swarmed that I'm just helpless. If I could just move away, wouldn't be such a problem but the spiderants jump around and chase you while the threshers(my real problem) just pop up at you form all sides sometimes. The wormhole threshers in particular kill me almost everytime. And this Badass Pyre Thresher that attacks with like 4-5 other threshers with it.

Its just overwhelming. I'll try a shield with spike damage. Never tried one as I wasn't sure how effective they actually were.

I had a very similar experience when I played that area and the fire thresher took me a few tries at the least, iirc. If you have them, don't be afraid to use grenades to weaken them. If you're swarmed to the point of helplessness I think running away and then chipping your way back through the enemies is a good way to deal with it. I cannot count how many times I only survived from wormholes by getting a second wind.

Amon37

Man I just blew through the torgue dlc last night. Not sure if that's cause it's shorter than capitan scarlett or because I have all legendary items now. Lol

maomaoIYP

What kind of weapons are you using? Sometimes it's not obvious what weapons are better until you physically take out a calculator and calculate the theoretical dps. Some weapons are also unexpectedly better by a lot, for example torgue weapons are slow to fire, but most creatures are weak to explosives and the actual damage is roughly twice the number listed on the gun.

Also for swarming creatures, I move around bunny hopping all over the place, typically firing a hyperion shotgun.

Zertez

BL2 news has been quiet for a reason. Tons of new stuff on the horizon... Stay tuned ;)
Im sure the wait will be worth it, but can you give us a little something outside of a tease. Its been a long time since we heard anything about level increase, the last dlc of season 1 and possibly a season 2.

The new vault hunter news peaked my interests, but Im curious if any systems will be tweaked in season 2, or if it will be added content similar to what has been released. Not say more of the same wouldnt be a lot of fun, but a couple of small changes will make me buy another season pass day 1, like slight changes to attain great loot.

Top Bottom