• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

undrtakr900

Weapons I think are ok. I can kill most of the enemies alright on their own, but its when I get swarmed that I'm just helpless. If I could just move away, wouldn't be such a problem but the spiderants jump around and chase you while the threshers(my real problem) just pop up at you form all sides sometimes. The wormhole threshers in particular kill me almost everytime. And this Badass Pyre Thresher that attacks with like 4-5 other threshers with it.

Its just overwhelming. I'll try a shield with spike damage. Never tried one as I wasn't sure how effective they actually were.
What character are you playing with? Cause my gunZerker's elemental-dual-weild can dispatch most all enemies with ease. Sometimes I change my loadout and respec my abilities/skills based on the enemies I'm fighting. Also I always have a rocket-launcher equipped for those 2nd-wind opportunities, 1-2 rockets should be enough to kill most enemies.

With they spider-ant just keep a Spike-shield on you(doesn't need to be your main), just to use for those specific melee enemies. Also the Torgue explosive weapons are great since they give splash damage against the swarm

Ah yeah, those Threshers can get annoying as hell. Whenever you get surrounded just retreat back to a safe distance then you can pick them off one-by-one as they approach you.

Threshers are vulnerable to FIRE, so keep elemental weapons on you. Here's a chart of vulnerability:
elementald.jpg

undrtakr900

Every enemy is vulnerable and also immune to a certain type of weapon. For the Caustic Caverns it's usually fire weapons (vs flesh) that are effective, and corrosive that are ineffective.

Once you get an idea of what mobs are weak to what guns, the game becomes a lot more manageable.
I also learned from the "loading screen tips" that the health bar's color shows which elements are effective:
~ Red = Fire
~ Blue = Shock
~ Yellow = Corrosive
I had a very similar experience when I played that area and the fire thresher took me a few tries at the least, iirc. If you have them, don't be afraid to use grenades to weaken them. If you're swarmed to the point of helplessness I think running away and then chipping your way back through the enemies is a good way to deal with it. I cannot count how many times I only survived from wormholes by getting a second wind.
I would say this is the BEST advice, I use an "area of effect" elemental grenade(w/ homing + low fuse) and spam the enemy/boss before engaging. Most times it will kill most enemies without me even having to engage them directly.

Jezbollah

Good work undrtakr900 :) that chart especially is essential. Could it be put in the OP?

I havent played BL2 in a while, been spending a LONG time away during weekdays for work. Really looking forward to the new character DLC to get some co-op fun in.

Cat Party

Amon37

Holy dry spell batman! A 2 hours session and 2 40 minute sessions and no oranges in the treasure room. I was averaging one every 30 minutes last week.

welp, no level cap raise so I'm just gonna give away all my legendaries before I uninstall and move on. I have maybe...150 legendaries? Something like that.

I'm on PC and will probably need to make a list of all of them. I'm pretty sure I have at least one of every legendary, and either plain or some elemental type. I think 3 or 4 are under 50 if you're looking for something like that, and everything else is 50. If you're on PC and are looking for something specific, let me know. If I have it, it's yours. I'd rather give them away to GAFers than randoms at the Gearbox forums, so hit me up.

welp, no level cap raise so I'm just gonna give away all my legendaries before I uninstall and move on.

"For a look at this mysterious new vault hunter, details on the upcoming level cap increase and more, come check out the Gearbox Software panel at PAX East on 3/24/13 at 12:30pm ET in the Main Theatre!"

Inskipp

"For a look at this mysterious new vault hunter, details on the upcoming level cap increase and more, come check out the Gearbox Software panel at PAX East on 3/24/13 at 12:30pm ET in the Main Theatre!"
Shhhhhh don't give it out, let him share his gifts first!

We'll see I guess, but I'm still happy to give away these legendaries. I'm not using at least 90% of them so why even have them?

If anyone is looking for something specific, let me know.

undrtakr900

The actual damage values for Elemental vs. Armor is on the wikis, I believe:

http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Elemental_Damage#Borderlands_2

http://www.bl2wiki.com/Elemental_Effects

I sometimes forget that Shock is 100%+ effective at all times vs. any enemy (unless they're specifically Shock resistant).
Wow, thanks for the list! All this time I thought shock had a decreased damage output if you go outside of its effective element, but it was the opposite for incendiary/corrosive. Also I'm glad they added the second list for TVHM, since they penalty for going outside of element is '0.4 damage' =O, now I know to keep a well balance loadout.

Also start using my Chulainn more, from the St. Patty Day key promo, since it simultaneously shag/shocks, which guarantees 2X damage on everyone(and 4X on shields). Which offsets the self-shagging (heh).

undrtakr900

Question: How is the experience divided up between multiple players?

a) Evenly distributed between all players that hits a boss/enemy (like PSO on Dreamcast)

b) The last person to damage an enemy takes All or Most of the EXP

c) Something different

~ Also wondering if its the same from BL1 and BL2?
Cause in BL1, I know if I got the last shot on a boss my weapon would always go up 1-2 levels, but get nothing if I didn't.

one85x

I believe everyone in the game gets the same amount of experience, as it's really easy to power level in this game. Leveling weapons in BL1 though was completely dependent on getting the last shot. You'd still get experience toward leveling up, but not for your weapon.

Shantom

Question: How is the experience divided up between multiple players?

a) Evenly distributed between all players that hits a boss/enemy (like PSO on Dreamcast)

b) The last person to damage an enemy takes All or Most of the EXP

c) Something different

~ Also wondering if its the same from BL1 and BL2?
Cause in BL1, I know if I got the last shot on a boss my weapon would always go up 1-2 levels, but get nothing if I didn't.

The guy who gets the kill gets slightly more exp than the other players.

GamerSoul

Can't wait :D

I decided to buy the Mechromancer about a week ago, and she is definitely something else with that Deathtrap. It seems a bit overpowered but it feels like Gaige is a bit weak to balance the overall character.

Borderlands 2 Mechromancer dlc: $9.99
Watching your Deathtrap trying to chase down the BUNKER 100 yards off into the distance: Priceless lol

Jhoan

It is live. The new character is called Krieg the Psycho (date TBA at some point) which is being touted as the "Ultimate High Risk, High Reward" class. He looks like Psycho on steroids. There's a tree that allows the class friendly fire but at the expense of dealing high damage. He throws his Axe as well. There's also a skill that whenever you kill an enemy, it drops grenades. An Elemental Skill tree as well. The class throws Dynamite in Fight for Your Life mode to revive itself. This is basically Brick X100.

The Level Cap is gonna be raised to 61 (free for Season Pass people; the rest of us have to pay for the character to get the level cap increase). There's also a free update coming on April 2nd. It's Ultimate Vault Hunters mode (everything is set at level 61). Here's the link for that:

http://kotaku.com/5992135/borderlands-2-is-getting-a-second-new-game-plus-mode-next-week

Unfortunately, I'm using my laptop in Safe Mode so I can't hear a thing since audio is disabled. I'm not quite sure when Krieg is going to be released so keep an eye for official information again (in other words, keep checking the Gaming side of GAF).

I've been waiting for them to increase the level cap before doing my second run. I think it'll finally be time to dust off now that it's confirmed.

EDIT: The official information is up (see this thread).

Wallach

W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9 (PC)

5JKBJ-H5WCF-KWST6-K6BJB-FZ9BJ (PS3)

K3KJT-6HRT5-BHRTT-3BBTJ-RBWJ9 (Xbox 360)

These should be PAX East codes for 3 Golden Keys.

As long as the evil smasher glitch and the treasure room runs are still in the game, level 61 will not be any more challenging than the game currently is. I've got a level 50 character ready to power level to do level 61 treasure room runs, belie dat.

GamerSoul

Maybe, i have no idea where the dlc will take place. Although I'm probably gonna wait for the goty edition with all parts included.

"I call siren, her name is Brick and she is the prettiest"

hehe one of the best if not the best placed line in that preview.

Kreig looks like a fun character character to have as an ally. I think the friendly fire will work perfectly with a Siren with those heal shots. With a bit of coordination that would be an awesome combo.

VariantX

I guess ill be getting back into this now that the level cap has finally been raised. Just literally stopped playing not too long after hitting 50 with my commando in the last third of the second playthrough. Didnt really play through any of the DLC at all either.

Jezbollah

I have all five classes maxed out at level 50. Level 61 inbound..

Already going to start Kreig from scratch.

Lot of work ahead. Fill that vein, BL2. fill that vein.

W3WJ3-3JXTT-6RW5T-SB53B-XJBX9 (PC)

5JKBJ-H5WCF-KWST6-K6BJB-FZ9BJ (PS3)

K3KJT-6HRT5-BHRTT-3BBTJ-RBWJ9 (Xbox 360)

These should be PAX East codes for 3 Golden Keys.
thanks

edit: lol (not smiling) my 360 version just lost all the keys I was hording, had 61 now 14 :/ Good thing my PC version works fine.

Amon37

I only have 2 level 50's, guess I better cracking. Lol

The thought of having to do the main campaign 3 times in a row with new character, a little daunting.

Amon37

thanks

edit: lol (not smiling) my 360 version just lost all the keys I was hording, had 61 now 14 :/ Good thing my PC version works fine.

That's why I'm glad I offload my profile data on ps3 to external drive. Can always restore my correct keys and badass rank if something odd happens.

Top Bottom