• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

maomaoIYP

The level cap raise is free to anyone who has the season pass. If you don't, it's $5.

The new vault hunter is NOT included with the season pass and is $10 to everyone.

The third play through is free for everyone, however.

Source:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/...ases-teaser-trailer-for-krieg-the-psycho.aspx

Wait. So....this level cap raise is considered part of the season pass making it the 4th DLC? So season pass holders are done? That's not what I'd expected. A level raise without any new substantial DLC seems a really bad way to end the season pass.

Insaniac

Wait. So....this level cap raise is considered part of the season pass making it the 4th DLC? So season pass holders are done? That's not what I'd expected. A level raise without any new substantial DLC seems a really bad way to end the season pass.

i'm 99% sure that the 4th DLC campaign is included in the season pass

bebop242

There is another story based DLC coming out in June that will conclude the season pass. It supposedly will be done by Gearbox themselves and be the biggest one yet.

bebop242

If it's done by Gearbox, any size DLC will be their biggest one yet, sadly.

yea they need to stop outsourcing and trying to make games other than Borderlands. Just stick to what they are good at. I could see a Borderlands MMO be pretty successful on the PS4 and other next gen consoles.

maomaoIYP

There is another story based DLC coming out in June that will conclude the season pass. It supposedly will be done by Gearbox themselves and be the biggest one yet.

Ahh, that's pretty good news, thanks! I would be pissed if the 4th DLC was just the lvl cap increase.

GamerSoul

Awesome. Lol yea I guess they were saving the expansions for this mode. More free stuff is always good since I'm not use to spending money on this stuff lol.

I have my eye on it, but not a fan of Halo.
Looks very promising

1) That just gave me a chubby.

2) So much for "We cant increase storage/level cap - it would break the game!!"

To be fair, a level cap change where you get more points to spend on your character could arguably "break" the game. The 3rd difficulty is likely to counter the fact that you get an additional 11 points to spend - allowing you to hit the top (bottom) of two trees.

Inventory size is a little disappointing in its current state, though, 100%. Glad it's going up. The shared bank is almost insulting :)

FatBaby

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1019/borderlands-2-hot-fixes--3-26

New hot fixes for Borderlands 2 are now rolling out on PC / Mac, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3!

Borderlands 2 Hot Fixes
March 26, 2013

-Addressed an issue that could cause sound effects to loop during the "Train to Catch" mission.
-Fixed a bug that prevented Pimon from spawning in Wildlife Exploitation Reserve if players had completed the "Swallowed Whole" side mission.
-Resolved a rare issue where players would sometimes be unable to pick up loot dropped by Terramorphous the Invincible.
-Fixed audio issues for clients using the 'Hide of Terramorphous' shield.
-Prevented exclamation mark from appearing above certain enemies when they are not quest givers.
-Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt DLC: Fixed an issue where Rakkanoth would not always spawn if players were too far away.
-Fixed an issue that could cause Handsome Jack's name to temporarily be in another language for the final boss fight when playing with a user in a different language.

CTE

1) That just gave me a chubby.

2) So much for "We cant increase storage/level cap - it would break the game!!"

It will break the game in the way you can build some characters. I will have a Siren that can converge, res, AND ruin. She will be a beast and a half. Same with Zero, I can make a build that will give him almost infinite deception.

GamerSoul

It will break the game in the way you can build some characters. I will have a Siren that can converge, res, AND ruin. She will be a beast and a half. Same with Zero, I can make a build that will give him almost infinite deception.

Ultimate mode might just be that great so we'll have to wait and see. I'm excited. I died so many times on my rushed mechromancer playthrough that I'm use to it. I was able to beat the game around level 28 by joining randoms for most of the game. Lol imo its fun.

maomaoIYP

I already have a Siren that can converge AND ruin at lvl 50 bro.

edit: Oh wait you said res too my bad. I would actually prefer converge, ruin, quicken and sub-sequence. Solo players will tear everything a new asshole with this. I can't wait to play with my soldier who will have 2 turrents both with 2 slag guns while it also fires rockets.

undrtakr900

Dam, I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time, and this is just DLC 8)
It is live. The new character is called Krieg the Psycho (date TBA at some point) which is being touted as the "Ultimate High Risk, High Reward" class. He looks like Psycho on steroids. There's a tree that allows the class friendly fire but at the expense of dealing high damage. He throws his Axe as well. There's also a skill that whenever you kill an enemy, it drops grenades. An Elemental Skill tree as well. The class throws Dynamite in Fight for Your Life mode to revive itself. This is basically Brick X100.
Does it give you friendly-fire on allies or does it enable friendly-fire on yourself from teammates? If it's the latter, I hope there's some icon/symbol to indicate Krieg has FF enabled. Thinking about it, in single-player there's no downside to using that skill.

I believe everyone in the game gets the same amount of experience, as it's really easy to power level in this game. Leveling weapons in BL1 though was completely dependent on getting the last shot. You'd still get experience toward leveling up, but not for your weapon.
The guy who gets the kill gets slightly more exp than the other players.
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up guys.
One more question the other day I died literally seconds before the boss was killed, would I still get EXP points while in 2nd wind?

I'm curious how much a grind each level will be. I'd bet that they're time intensive :) With the 'final' 2-3 levels being SERIOUS time sinks.

UPDATE: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/comm...orderlands-2-level-increase-and-other-changes

Exciting changes are coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013!

As you may have heard, the team has been hard at work to raise the level cap -- an effort that required re-balancing, re-tuning and re-testing the entire game -- along with adding a third playthrough, more ammo upgrades, additional backpack slots and more!

Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
Adds new items to the Black Market:
  • One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
  • Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
  • Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack (Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
Check back soon for a detailed look at the gameplay changes in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode along with details on the various bug fixes in the update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June.

No shared storage size increase by the sound of it :\ Oh well.

Jezbollah

I'm curious how much a grind each level will be. I'd bet that they're time intensive :) With the 'final' 2-3 levels being SERIOUS time sinks.

UPDATE: http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/comm...orderlands-2-level-increase-and-other-changes

No shared storage size increase by the sound of it :\ Oh well.

I think the grind will be consistent with the difference between normal and TVHM mode.

eg:

Normal - level 0 to 30 (30 total)
TVHM - level 30 to 50 (20 total)
UTVHM - level 50 to 61 (11 total)

Amon37

New relics? That's nice, I got to have those pearls too.

THe storage space upgrade is lol worthy considering you already dont have enough and they add another class of weapons.

Please gearbox forget to fix the storage glitch.

I think the grind will be consistent with the difference between normal and TVHM mode.

eg:

Normal - level 0 to 30 (30 total)
TVHM - level 30 to 50 (20 total)
UTVHM - level 50 to 61 (11 total)

So you figure the playthrough will take you to level 61 (more or less) by just playing through it? I guess that makes sense, too.

Amon37

You can hit 50 far before you are finished with tvhm so im sure 61 will be attainable before the end of uvhm.

I guess Aston will again be the guinea pig who gets to 61 and farms for legendaries the other characters will use during their playthroughs.

BigDug13

One of the devs also let it slip that you will be able to reset UVHM and play it over and over, so no more worry about skipping quests to save their rewards.

LycanXIII

One of the devs also let it slip that you will be able to reset UVHM and play it over and over, so no more worry about skipping quests to save their rewards.

Biggest news about this update, IMO. Now I can feel like I'm doing something when farming.

Also, anyone know what the GDC SHiFT codes were for? I put it in and didn't see anything new. Apparently it was for a gun, but I sold everything I had because they were greens.

GDC Codes:
PC: KBWJJ-WTXB9-C59J6-WFBTJ-TK6BJ
PS3: C35BB-SJFJS-WCZTR-KR3T3-BWZBW
360: KTWBB-XBRT9-WWZ3R-WXTT3-S3SX9

Zertez

They have been quiet about possibly having a season 2 for BL2. The 4th dlc is taking a long time compared to the first 3. They were releasing at a rate of every month, but the last one is going to be 5 or 6 months of waiting.

I wonder if they have decided to abandon any more dlc outside of the 4 that was planned. From a business stand point releasing a full game sooner is probably the best option, but designing a game for the next gen consoles with a new engine is going to take a long time and a lot of money.

FatBaby

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1023/bl2-ultimate-vault-hunter-mode-details

Among the level cap increase and various other changes coming to Borderlands 2 on April 2, 2013 is a new playthrough -- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode -- built for challenging high-level play.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode differs quite a bit from Normal Mode and True Vault Hunter Mode -- here's a quick rundown of the major changes:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details

-Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
-Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
-No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
-While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.

-Gameplay changes in UVHM:
-Enemy health generally increased 4x.
-Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
-Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
-Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
-Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
-Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
-Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Check back Monday for details on the various bug fixes in Tuesday's update, and don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!

oh god, i can't wait to break out my 3x Slowhand slagger.

I don't think I have any slag items other than a couple grenades, the Slagga and a Slag Norfleet.

But none of our existing items will even be worth equipping when we all hit level 53+, so I guess it doesn't matter. But Slag will definitely be the new hotness...which is good because it's been completely irrelevant to date unless you're running Gunzerker and can have another weapon in the other hand.

gblues

Banned
UVHM may be free, but I don't think the level cap increase is. Still, looks like a significant enough change to get back into the game.

Have not got any of the dlc missions, but if the last one takes us to the Hyperion moon base, I'm in.

Top Bottom