• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

CTE

Its not.

I'm starting to hate gearbox.

You're mistaken. The new mode(UVHM) and eridium caps and ammo upgrades are free for everyone. If you want to go to level 61 for more skill points and add the ability to pick up new "ancient" alien e-tech and pearlscent grade weapons it will cost you $5 which is the "Ultimate Vault Hunter" Upgrade DLC you mentioned.

The UVHM will scale to the highest level player in your party. That is also worth noting.

maomaoIYP

I don't think I have any slag items other than a couple grenades, the Slagga and a Slag Norfleet.

But none of our existing items will even be worth equipping when we all hit level 53+, so I guess it doesn't matter. But Slag will definitely be the new hotness...which is good because it's been completely irrelevant to date unless you're running Gunzerker and can have another weapon in the other hand.

Slag has always been a mainstay for all my 5 lvl 50s. Slag weaponry doesn't need to be high leveled, all it needs is 1) fast weapon swap speed, 2) high slag chance and 3) high number of pellets per second. The weapon that I find best suit these requirements is a purple vladof slag pistol, preferably with ROF of 10. They also tend to have huge magazines.

Also that section in the wildlife center just after the natural selection annex pretty much guarantees a shit load of loot midgets.

Jezbollah

don't they appear randomly?

hard to "farm" something that's unpredictable.

I have seen a few spots where loot midgets appear contantly - e.g. the small room to the right before you go into the location where Bloodwing was stored until she was moved in the wildlife preserve.

Well, some are pretty common, like the Wildlife Preserve one. Or at least it has been for me.

Edit - yes, this is one.

Amon37

They I only time I use slag is when soloing raid bosses.

My main loadout is:

Shock Sandhawk
Corrosive Sandhawk
Sloth Sniper
Unkempt Harold
Sticky Homing Quasar
Hide of Terra
Stockpile relic-67% smg, 67% pistol, 4 extra grenades

Jezbollah

There's also quite a high chance of getting a loot midget with the set of chests/lockers just before the lift down to the boss fight arena at the Preserve.

Dibbz

I know most of you guys are probably on like your 3rd or 4th playthrough with maxed out characters but I'm on the final mission, I think (Talon of something) on my first play through and was wondering if there was anyone out there with a level 30ish character that wants to help me.

I played most of the campaign with someone but done the last couple of missions on my own and it's a real slog and not as much fun.

Worried they're gonna just chuck tons of robots at me and my weapons are a bit naff at dealing with them.

PC btw.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode differs quite a bit from Normal Mode and True Vault Hunter Mode. Here’s how

- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions — characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the “Cleaning Up the Berg” mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player’s current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
Enemy health generally increased 4x.
Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
Loot Midgets are now “Legendary Loot Midgets” that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Cat Party

Welp,guess I should trade in my game now. How they handled the dlc and level cap in this game was abysmal.

This attitude is bonkers to me. The main game that we paid $60 for was complete. Nothing was held back or missing to be sold as DLC. The DLC content is all bonus, in the true sense. I suppose they could have just held it all back an sold it in one bundle for $30, like the expansions we used to buy in the old days on PC, but they didn't.

Jezbollah

This attitude is bonkers to me. The main game that we paid $60 for was complete. Nothing was held back or missing to be sold as DLC. The DLC content is all bonus, in the true sense. I suppose they could have just held it all back an sold it in one bundle for $30, like the expansions we used to buy in the old days on PC, but they didn't.

As the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time...

Honestly, I've been craving a level cap increase.. All the Facebook updates to do with BL2 is 80% comments of RAISE THE LEVEL CAP.. And when they do? People still aren't happy.

I love this game, and what they've announced in the past week has breathed more life into this game that I love. I also cant wait to start again from scratch with Kreig.

maomaoIYP

As the saying goes, you can please some of the people some of the time...

Honestly, I've been craving a level cap increase.. All the Facebook updates to do with BL2 is 80% comments of RAISE THE LEVEL CAP.. And when they do? People still aren't happy.

I love this game, and what they've announced in the past week has breathed more life into this game that I love. I also cant wait to start again from scratch with Kreig.

I feel Kreig is too far away. I intend to take maybe 3 or 4 of my lvl 50s to 61, and when Kreig comes out I'd be so sick of the content I wouldn't want to play him anymore.

Jrmint

Wow 4x health in uvhm, that sounds crazy. I understand the slag thing should help, but what if you don't get a slag weapon drop?

Wow 4x health in uvhm, that sounds crazy. I understand the slag thing should help, but what if you don't get a slag weapon drop?

It seems like a lot, but it is actually kind of necessary. The current high-end weapons loadouts in this game don't mess around.

Lint21

Neo Member
Notes from tomorrow's patch, at http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761--PC-Update-Hot-Fix-Information. I'm pretty excited for the BNK-3R fix in particular.

Update v1.4.0 (Released 4/2/2013)

General
Added a new playthrough called Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50!
In this mode, you will always start in Southern Shelf at Cleaning Up the Berg and may reset your playthrough progress as often as you like without losing any items, levels, or stats. All enemies are significantly more difficult in this playthrough, but the loot quality has increased accordingly. Rumor has it there is an entirely new rarity of loot out there for high-level players.
Added new items to the Black Market:
One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
Increased the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
Fixed a bug that was causing some users to crash on startup or when loading into a level after choosing their character.
Fixed a bug that could cause hosts to become invulnerable if they were being revived by a client who disconnected mid-revive.
Fixed an issue that could cause players to crash or freeze when fighting BNK-3R.
Fixed a bug that could cause Deathtrap's Robot Rampage audio to not stop playing after killing an enemy until Deathtrap despawned.
Fixed a bug that could stop the Gunzerker's Keep It Piping Hot skill from functioning as intended.
Covered an area of the world near Claptrap's ship where the player could fall in and be unable to get out.
Fixed an issue where a Siren could revive a player and make another player invulnerable under specific circumstances.
Addressed instances of audio distortion tied to Axton's turret and kill skills.
(Mr. Torgue DLC) Critical hits against Midgets now register properly.
(Mr. Torgue DLC) Rat Thief enemies are no longer allowed in Pete’s Bar due to patron concerns regarding excessive theft.
(Captain Scarlett DLC) Fixed an issue with the "Shady Dealings" challenge where a purchase could sometimes not count toward its completion.
Missions
Fixed an issue where players could be unable to interact with the menu when a mission that granted experience but not items was completed and not handled by the player before saving and quitting.
Fixed an issue where players could cause the round to not fail in a Slaughter mission if a surviving player disconnects while all others are out.
(Sir Hammerlock DLC) Thermitage is now friendlier and will no longer refuse to come play with some players.
Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
Wildlife Preservation
Medical Mystery
(Captain Scarlett DLC) Let There Be Light
(Mr. Torgue DLC) Eat Cookies and Crap Thunder
Equipment
Fixed a bug where players were able to do far more damage than intended by exploiting a buff from the Evil Smasher.
Clients are now able to see explosions caused by Norfleets in multiplayer.
Fixed an issue causing Relics to sometimes not show the Favorite indicator.
Fixed an issue that caused E-tech weapons to not be able to hit the Mechromancer's 'One Two Boom' orb.
Seraph Gear from Captain Scarlett and Mr. Torgue DLC re-balanced to be more powerful.
Fixed class mods that increase the skill grade of Axton's Metal Storm, Onslaught and Quick Charge skills to function as intended.
Fixed an exploit involving Vladof rocket launchers that could result in having infinite ammo for any weapon.
Fixed an issue where weapon cards would sometimes not display how many bullets they consumed per shot.
Mechromancer's Prodigy class mod now correctly increases reload speed.
Fixed an issue causing impact sounds from users with The Bee shield to not be audible on clients.
Adjusted Mechromancer’s Sweetheart class mod to correctly increase team health.
Assassin’s “Slayer of Terramorphous” class mod no longer includes Gunzerker skill bonus.
(Mr. Torgue DLC) Torgue vending machines can now stock legendary weapons above level 48.
Chere-amie sniper rifle and transfusion grenades no longer cause audio distortion.
Assigned price to Anshin 'Evolution' shield so that players can sell it for money if desired.

Jezbollah

I think the PS3 and 360 are getting a bunch of PC fixes in from the last patch - the Steam patches get processed quicker - I dont think we (console owners) received the initial Sereph buff patch.

Wallach

I think the PS3 and 360 are getting a bunch of PC fixes in from the last patch - the Steam patches get processed quicker - I dont think we (console owners) received the initial Sereph buff patch.

Yeah, I am thinking they are just actually rolling that change into a hard patch rather than keeping it as a hotfix.

Jezbollah

It's midnight here in ten minutes - am going to check to see if it drops on the hour or at various times tomorrow as I am working from home.

I'm in the UK by the way - I would guess it may differ between here and the 'States.

Edit: No clock switch, as I suspected - Hope Gearbox allows us to download this nice and early tomorrow.

Amon37

Im in the state's I work a night shift so ill be awake during the early morning hours getting my siren through tvhm.

Trakan

unlocks-borderlands2.png

You get heads/skins from the new game Poker Night 2. Assassin head is awesome.

Protome

unlocks-borderlands2.png

You get heads/skins from the new game Poker Night 2. Assassin head is awesome.

Every day I regret buying the PS3 version of Borderlands 2 instead of the PC one.
Not really, because my friends are on PS3. BUT GODDAMN I WANT THAT MAX MASK.

Top Bottom