• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Jezbollah

UTVHM is great so far. Pretty nails hard. Halfway to 51 right now at the hacking-the-catch-a-ride point. Had to squeeze off five shock norfleets to defeat Flynt. :)

Jrmint

Is the update out in NA yet? I just logged in and do not see it available to download with the season pass on Steam.

Played a bit today, felt good at Level 50, but slag felt near essential with an average loadout... Just over halfway to Level 51 (mainly from a couple sidequests, I think) and about to fight Flynt. Some Level 51 items dropped, didn't bother with them.

Jrmint

One thing I've always been unclear about with slag weapons.

If I slag an enemy and then say switch to a corrosive weapon do I still get the slag bonus or does corrosive overwrite it?

Problem is most of my high damage weapons are elemental and I wasn't sure if you retain the slag bonus.

Jezbollah

I believe the Slag element increases whatever element's damage follows it.

Anyway, played with my Mechromancer to get to Sanctuary earlier, and with a friend, both with Sirens, to get from scratch to complete the beacon mission. Great fun.

Havent played much with the Slagga I have, but the two extra skill points after getting to 52, put into Phaselock cooldown plus the Unkempt Harold has been very effective.

Got a legendary Loguns Gun from Wilhelm, but sadly it was a level 49 :(

Loving UTVHM. It's hard, requires a lot of teamwork but very satisfying.

Got a legendary Loguns Gun from Wilhelm, but sadly it was a level 49 :(

I feel like there be a minimum level of 50 on drops in UVHM so long as everyone is level 50. They seem to have very strong control of drops in ways I didn't anticipate, so I would be surprised if they couldn't hobble something together for that.

Zertez

Has anyone been able to dl this on the PS3 yet? I have the season pass and the game menu has a ! mark next to extra content, but when I open it, it says it cant locate it and the season pass is the only icon available. I checked the PS store and the update isnt up for me either. Im on CST, if that makes any difference. Is the PS release waiting for a PS store update or is there something Im missing on how to DL it? I know the PS store sometimes gets updates a few days later than the 360 counterpart. Never mind, it is working as of 6:05 CST

Amon37

Start my mecro back up in tvhm to grav my slagga and it puts me at liars berg instead of sanctuary like I was.

Edit: started uvhm and blues are dropping like greens.

Jezbollah

I had to smile thinking about my UTVHM playthrough with my mate last night (two sirens)

For a long time, we had major problems seeing what was going on with all that elemental damage going on - he said it started slowing the frame rate down big time.

GOD DAMN YOU GEARBOX. I'm well and truely back in the saddle.

UTVHM looks like it's gonna be tough for my Zer0. 57k on one of the bandits in the starting area and they're still standing. The bullymog fur mission was annoying too.

Celcius

°Temp. member
After playing through it twice on pc and twice on ps3, I don't feel like doing another playthrough any time soon. Actually I wish there was just one playthrough and dlc + level raises instead of being forced to play through the game multiple times. I guess I'm done 'til BL3...

xBigDanx

OK so there are > 2000 posts in this thread so I'm sure this is answered in here somewhere... but my search skills are lacking.

When starting a new character, I find I can create a new character and jump in via co-op and they gain levels quickly opening up different weapons and what not... but the ability to equip multiple weapons does not open up. I'm guessing this is story progression based (didn't pay too much attention on my first play through).

Does this mean I need to actually play through with each character to fully open up all their abilities?

EDIT: Just saw celcius' post after I posted this so I guess the answer is - yes, you have to play through multiple times... uggggg... I love playing this game, just don't have that kind of time.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
After playing through it twice on pc and twice on ps3, I don't feel like doing another playthrough any time soon. Actually I wish there was just one playthrough and dlc + level raises instead of being forced to play through the game multiple times. I guess I'm done 'til BL3...

I guess you can do what I'm doing. I never played through torque and hammerlock DLC, so I'm just using Ultimate vault hunter mode to go through those and the upcoming dlc.

But if you have already completed those, just wait for the next dlc to come out and do uvhm then. You can just warp to those points without actually doing the main quest line.

Jrmint

UTVHM looks like it's gonna be tough for my Zer0. 57k on one of the bandits in the starting area and they're still standing. The bullymog fur mission was annoying too.
Yea fuck that bullymong quest, espec when there's ultimate badass ones in the packs.

Jezbollah

Multiple playthoughs is what Borderlands is about - Kind of a similar way the theory works with Diablo.

xBigDanx, you unlock the weapons slots by, id say, a third of the way through. You get them as quest rewards. You dont need multiple playthroughs to get the main four slots unlocked, however you may need to do get through the second playthrough to get to the pearlescence SDUs (they were just introduced yesterday). You need eridium to unlock weapons and bank/backback SDUs.

Dibbz

Question about skill points. Is it possible to gain all skills or is the tree designed to only let you have 75% similar to Deus Ex?

Amon37

It is not possible to gain all skills, without exploiting.

Played till sanctuary solo with my mechro, sniping is useless now, slag is absolutely a must, and my hellfire has been my best friend so far.

maomaoIYP

It is not possible to gain all skills, without exploiting.

Played till sanctuary solo with my mechro, sniping is useless now, slag is absolutely a must, and my hellfire has been my best friend so far.

I've always found sniping useless and zero is pretty much crap all around unless you just take the middle tree and stay the hell away from sniping.

Yeah I know it's possible to have a melee build for zero, but it's still a gimmicky class that can't do shit against bosses.

Amon37

I can't stand zero, but even on tvhm I could kill a few guys with my sniper rifle in one headshot with my mechromancer, now forget it i don't even have a sniper rifle in any of my 4 slots.

Jezbollah

I've always found sniping useless and zero is pretty much crap all around unless you just take the middle tree and stay the hell away from sniping.

Yeah I know it's possible to have a melee build for zero, but it's still a gimmicky class that can't do shit against bosses.

Dont know if you've seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbsvqF7iTQ

The Law & Order combo is a core requirement of melee assassin. It's a hell of a lot of fun.

maomaoIYP

I can't stand zero, but even on tvhm I could kill a few guys with my sniper rifle in one headshot with my mechromancer, now forget it i don't even have a sniper rifle in any of my 4 slots.

On TVHM in the Hammerlock DLC the seraph sniper rifle is amazing. The one with +600% critical damage. With slag, and stealth, I killed the Herle boss in a single critical, doing roughly 2 million damage.

But on UVHM.....I don't think it's possible to stay alive to get multiple perfect critical shots...

edit:
Dont know if you've seen this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjbsvqF7iTQ

The Law & Order combo is a core requirement of melee assassin. It's a hell of a lot of fun.
I've seen it and tested it as well, it is fun I must admit, but worthless against bosses, and in UVHM where slag is needed for everything.

Halcyon

There are better assassin melee setups.

If you use a slag rapier with a 55k Terra shield and the correct spec you can destroy the bosses. If you use the kunei bosses get wrecked with the right melee technique.

At 61 it will only get more insane. My zero hit stuff for like 200 million occasionally at 50.

Koko

Banned
At this point without a Season Pass, what would be the best approach to the DLC. Should I just wait for the GOTY Edition?

Halcyon

I got the pirate dlc because you get access to a few seraphs plus the sand hawk. Also got a ton of legend area from the treasure room glitch.

Seanspeed

Banned
At this point without a Season Pass, what would be the best approach to the DLC. Should I just wait for the GOTY Edition?

I've heard a few of the DLC's were disappointing this time around, so I'm probably just gonna cherry pick one or two DLC's and get the level cap increase.

maomaoIYP

There are better assassin melee setups.

If you use a slag rapier with a 55k Terra shield and the correct spec you can destroy the bosses. If you use the kunei bosses get wrecked with the right melee technique.

At 61 it will only get more insane. My zero hit stuff for like 200 million occasionally at 50.

There's a lot of bosses that you can't even hit. Like Terra, Vermi, or The Warrior.
edit: and 200 million would be a 200000K in a single hit, don't you mean 2000K?

Halcyon

There's a lot of bosses that you can't even hit. Like Terra, Vermi, or The Warrior.
edit: and 200 million would be a 200000K in a single hit, don't you mean 2000K?

No it was a retarded number. The stars have to align and the enemy has to basically already be dead.

You slag/mark kunei get a lucky counter/water proc hitting something crit from behind on low health at the very last moment of deception with the right setup and the damage is retarded.

Its always overkill but can be applied to boss battles with some effectiveness.

You always had to be specced either for boss or for trash mobs. At 61 you can do both which is awesome.

Law/order combo is like melee assassin lite. Using the slag rubi and rapier combo is the highest damage output while still maintaining survivability.

The only problem with melee assassin is that its best played solo. Online usually the lag will screw with the hit detection and timing making it less than ideal.

Marvie_3

Banned
I've heard a few of the DLC's were disappointing this time around, so I'm probably just gonna cherry pick one or two DLC's and get the level cap increase.

You may as well just get the season pass at that point. 2 DLC's and the cap increase will run you $25. The season pass is only $5 more.

maomaoIYP

Holy crap. Are you saying the slag rapier gives the slag effect on melee? What it looks like he's doing is slagging with the grenades, death mark with kunai, getting the roid damage then meleeing the crit spot? That is insane.

UVHM is kicking my ass.

What are you playing as and what are you using? I'm having no problems whatsoever with a mechro.
I'm mostly using plasma casters, no CC, only a purple shield.

Top Bottom