• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Halcyon

Holy crap. Are you saying the slag rapier gives the slag effect on melee? What it looks like he's doing is slagging with the grenades, death mark with kunai, getting the roid damage then meleeing the crit spot? That is insane.

What are you playing as and what are you using? I'm having no problems whatsoever with a mechro.
I'm mostly using plasma casters, no CC, only a purple shield.

No not on melee. He's just making sure its slagged. You can do it 3-4 ways but shooting with the a slag weapon will also proc the water skill.

Kunei has a chance to cause all elemental damage as well. He's getting 55k roid damage as well as counter skill. Then when it gets past 40% damage he's getting killing blow.

Assassin can be fun.

maomaoIYP

No not on melee. He's just making sure its slagged. You can do it 3-4 ways but shooting with the a slag weapon will also proc the water skill.

Kunei has a chance to cause all elemental damage as well. He's getting 55k roid damage as well as counter skill. Then when it gets past 40% damage he's getting killing blow.

Assassin can be fun.

Ahhhhh, I see I see. That's pretty damn good planning in order to activate all the melee bonus skills. I used to think pretty lowly of the counter, the water skill and the killing blow skills.
Thanks for the tips, that was great!

Amon37

I got my mechromancer to sanctuary but I'm abandoning that play through for now. Since I'm forced to slag I'm going to use the 3 characters whose action skill can Slag. That will make my life much easier than having to use a Slag grenade or my slagga.

Xanathus

Supposedly the devs have removed the ability to save and load the entrance checkpoint into the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve at the Creature Slaughter Dome. Previously people could just exit the game from there and not have to run through half the map in order to get to those loot midgets.

Amon37

Supposedly the devs have removed the ability to save and load the entrance checkpoint into the Wildlife Exploitation Preserve at the Creature Slaughter Dome. Previously people could just exit the game from there and not have to run through half the map in order to get to those loot midgets.

I was about to post that'll be easier for people who have access to the natural selection annex.

Can anyone confirm?

Also it doesn't matter because pearls are in the treasure room, looking at the GB forums.

maomaoIYP

I've been staying away from using the Bee, but at lvl 58, I can't find any other reasonable way to take down crystalisks.

edit: Ok I'm now lvl 59 and there's just no way to advance anymore without getting better weapons. I've been using lvl 50 plasma casters and various legendaries but they don't do shit anymore. I farmed the treasure room twice and even blues at lvl 59 have infinitely better stats than my legendaries at 50.

Also I highly suggest unlocking the treasure room early on, it may be impossible to take down the leviathan at lvl 61 with only lvl 50 weapons, I did it at lvl 58 and I had to use some very lengthy strategy involving norfleet, logan's gun and the sham.

scurker

Also I highly suggest unlocking the treasure room early on, it may be impossible to take down the leviathan at lvl 61 with only lvl 50 weapons, I did it at lvl 58 and I had to use some very lengthy strategy involving norfleet, logan's gun and the sham.

Does DLC scale with your character in UVHM? I haven't started any of it yet because of that.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If I'm not mistaken you can also reset all your mission progress whenever you want, so you can do the DLC multiple times by resetting it from the main menu.

Is anyone playing UVHM without the level cap increase? Is it any fun?

maomaoIYP

I think Vermi spawn rate has been increased, I just got one playing solo. I'm not even 61 yet. It get stuck on some geometry and killed itself, dropping no items. Feels bad man.

Halcyon

Don't you have to fight
The Leviathan
each time to reach it?

Unless you glitch it.

Farming it involves climbing up the invisible hit box.

I'll probably end up doing it at 61 just because its mindless and feels sorta like opening packs of baseball cards or something.

GamerSoul

I'm still working my way through TVHM. been busy. Also, I think I just realized why Moxxxi's favorite gun the Acuminous....constantly vibrates. lulz

Amon37

Everything scales. Lets say you unlocked the treasure room at lvl 53, when you come back to farm it at 61, all the items will be 61.

so you don't have to beat the game for everything to be 61, the loot in the treasure room constantly scales this time?

Dibbz

Been playing UVHM with some randoms during the afternoon and it was great. I was level 37 but we had a few level 41's and they were just tearing everything apart. Played some solo tonight and have been getting my ass handed to me even with missions a couple of levels below me.

Man the game is so ruthless when you are on your own.

Fucking Buzzards on the left, fuck knows what on the right. Just one big gangbang with me in the middle :|

Avinexus

Is there a place with any patch notes and/or a list of tips/tricks. I haven't played since vanilla BL2 and want to know what has happened since then, I plan are starting back up. Judging by the thread title, The Bee and CC was never patched?

maomaoIYP

Is there a place with any patch notes and/or a list of tips/tricks. I haven't played since vanilla BL2 and want to know what has happened since then, I plan are starting back up. Judging by the thread title, The Bee and CC was never patched?

The Bee has longer recharge time, and with shotguns or any weapon that has its damage listed as a number multiplied by a number, amp shield's boost is divided by that number. The specifics about UVHM can be found in the past few pages, that's pretty much all you need to know.

GamerSoul

Been playing UVHM with some randoms during the afternoon and it was great. I was level 37 but we had a few level 41's and they were just tearing everything apart. Played some solo tonight and have been getting my ass handed to me even with missions a couple of levels below me.

Man the game is so ruthless when you are on your own.

Fucking Buzzards on the left, fuck knows what on the right. Just one big gangbang with me in the middle :|

I was literally having the same problem in TVHM with my Mecro solo after playing with randoms most of my playthrough. I was under the impression you needed to reach level 50 to unlock Uvhm so that'll save me some time.

Amon37

He had to have meant tvhm when you start any other non 50 you don't get a uvhm choice.

Also mechromancer solo I used a deathtrap build for tvhm and had no issues, actually I use that all the time, the plasma anarchist and other builds just didn't thrill me.

GamerSoul

He had to have meant tvhm when you start any other non 50 you don't get a uvhm choice.

Also mechromancer solo I used a deathtrap build for tvhm and had no issues, actually I use that all the time, the plasma anarchist and other builds just didn't thrill me.

oh ok, thanks for the clarification. My main problem was that I was underleveled during the beginning of my tvhm run. I was around 28 since I played with gruops online. Now I'm getting through alright since I found better weapons and leveled up a bit. And Deathtrap is great, he probably has a third of my total kills at this point. heh.

Amon37

Ya that's really low I'm usually at least 32 before the warrior and farm warrior till at least level 35-36 before starting a tvhm play-through.

GamerSoul

Ya that's really low I'm usually at least 32 before the warrior and farm warrior till at least level 35-36 before starting a tvhm play-through.

I figured I was in trouble when I couldn't use the weapon drops lol. My first playthrough with the Siren I completed every quest except terramorphous so I wanted to try something different. So far, the Mechromancer is defintely a fun class, Deathtrap is a beast.

FatBaby

Still works for me. Just tried it.

Dibbz

Yes sorry got confused with TVHM and UVHM. Wondered why I could only find TVHM games online.

(I asked this in the Steam thread but I'll ask here as well)

Anyone who bought that Borderlands 2+season pass deal from Amazon, do you see the level cap increase DLC in your Steam account or in game?

I saw it when I first installed it yesterday but now it's not there. I was reading the steam forums and others are having the same problems. Just wondering if anyone figured out how to solve that or if that's just a bug on Steam's part.

Jrmint

Anyone wanna group up on PC for the Flynt mission on UVHM?

Edit - god fuck these level 52 'Scavengers' on the first island. They have so much more health than anyone else.

Nebula

I just don't think anyone has found one yet.

My friend found one during our 3 man run yesterday, and my other friend has 2 so far.

That's the Unforgiven, Butcher and the Sawbar. I'll see if I can get pictures when I get home on Monday for you all, if you're interested.

maomaoIYP

Treasure room time?

II hate the fact I'm not doing uvhm yet but my siren is halfway to 50. So I'm getting there.
Yeah I'm gonna try that next. Honestly it doesn't seem worth it to farm the loot midgets for them, even when they are lvl 63, their drop can range from lvl 59 to 61.
Level 61 already? Ya'll wasted no time at all.

Leveling up is incredibly fast! Although the last 3 levels were actually kinda tough due to lack of good weapons.

Top Bottom