• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Amon37

So even though you have to be level 50 and completed tvhm to start uvhm you don't cap at 50 in tvhm, I'm now 50 with my siren in tvhm and still getting xp in only at the bunker so maybe I'll be 51 or 52 by uvhm.

Zertez

So many games not enough time... Really wanting to play the new difficulty and level up before they nerf the good farming spots, but Ive been trying to clear some of my backlog. Finally finished Radiant Historia, the new Tomb Raider, and close to finishing Bioshock Infinite. Still havent finished the dlc for Dark Souls, so it is going to be a tough choosing between playing BL2 or Dark Souls. Both series are in my top 5 for new ips this generation.

Axton's slag turret + infinity pistol in UVHM is a blast.

Yeah. I immediately respecced and have been doing this so far. Its a decent way to keep ammo reserves high, but I've got a shock plasma caster which is doing most of the leg work right now. I'm not sure if I'll make it all the way to 61, but we shall see

maomaoIYP

Yeah. I immediately respecced and have been doing this so far. Its a decent way to keep ammo reserves high, but I've got a shock plasma caster which is doing most of the leg work right now. I'm not sure if I'll make it all the way to 61, but we shall see

It won't. It will fail most noticeably from lvl 57 onwards, or when you hit the caustic caverns and fight the crystalisks. I had a hard time lvling from 57 onwards with the lvl 50 gear.

I wish I had an infinity, only have a level 11 one that mercy dropped on a first playthrough.

My friend told me the drop rate appears to be dramatically increased in UVHM, he got one after his 2nd Dr Mercy kill.

Amon37

I'll have to give him a couple farms when I get there, I was also gonna go to the treasure room early but then I realized I wanted level 61 sandhawk so it'll have to wait.

maomaoIYP

I'll have to give him a couple farms when I get there, I was also gonna go to the treasure room early but then I realized I wanted level 61 sandhawk so it'll have to wait.

You really should consider getting the room early, the Leviathan is impossibly difficult without proper high levelled gear. Especially since you can reset UVHM anytime you want, and sandhawk is easy to obtain.

It won't. It will fail most noticeably from lvl 57 onwards, or when you hit the caustic caverns and fight the crystalisks. I had a hard time lvling from 57 onwards with the lvl 50 gear

I wasnt actually talking about the gear haha, I was talking about the desire to actually play the game.

Is there any reason to buy the Ultimate Vault Hunter DLC thingy even though I don't have a character above level 35 yet? Will it affect the loot I find or anything?

Spiders

Is the Leviathan really that hard at level 61?

I have 28 golden keys left, so with a bunch of level 61 purples and E-tech's it should be doable, right?

maomaoIYP

Is the Leviathan really that hard at level 61?

I have 28 golden keys left, so with a bunch of level 61 purples and E-tech's it should be doable, right?

All I know is that it's almost impossible with only lvl 50 gear. A single hit cleaned out my shield and health.

maomaoIYP

Lets see a pic!
Does some electric AOE thingy upon impact.
wp000151.jpg

I'm a relatively new player. I put in some codes and have 8 golden keys. Should I use them for my level 21 character or wait until I'm maxed?

Best advice is to use them to help you if you get stuck or if the drops are just being unkind... The chest can't ever give you a legendary (orange), but some level-matched pink items can be helpful from time to time.

Amon37

Can't you drop pearls at lower levels? That's the only benefit I can think of.

Considering there drop rate and the fact you grow out of weapons fast, it's not even that great of a benefit.

Also ya I would expect a boss at 61 to demolish 50 gear.

Also an idea of uvhm enemy hp I can only one shot level 50-52 basic marauders with my bee and sniper rifle doing 870k criticals

Gordon

Considering there drop rate and the fact you grow out of weapons fast, it's not even that great of a benefit.

Also ya I would expect a boss at 61 to demolish 50 gear.

Also an idea of uvhm enemy hp I can only one shot level 50-52 basic marauders with my bee and sniper rifle doing 870k criticals
There's nothing wrong with outgrowing a lucky drop. I got a Black Hole off a random bandit on my first playthrough with zero farming and no +rare relics. Just pure luck. I don't see anything wrong with having potential for something like an Avenger popping up like that. It definitely doesn't hurt. I mean, seeing as pearls can drop from anything, in any part of the game - it's kinda worth it.

Edit: Wait, no - it's totally worth it for the chance to lucky-drop a pearl at any level. That joy itself is why we play, isn't it? Seeing that orange line? Pearl is just more awesome. More epic.
More useful. SMG ammo regen on non-zerkers? Yes please.
lol

undrtakr900

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU....

I finally beat the game today(Berzerker) and as I was going around picking up the items that Jack/The Warrior dropped, I came across The Impaler hidden next to the Warrior's body. Naturally i was excited and held 'X' to immediately equip the shield, but didn't know I was at my limit already. So as I picked up the Impaler I dropped The Bee and it fell/glitched under the warrior and disappeared. I spent like 10 minutes running around looking for it before giving up. So I decided to keep The Bee and did a hard reset back to the dashboard.

I really wanted to use the Impaler, so for the next few hours I spent trying (unsuccessfully) to farm the shield, but to no avail. Even worst is that all that farming raised my level up to 38, so when I started TVHM I was overpowered and all the drops were under-leveled.

Really pissed me off since the Impaler fit my playstyle perfectly, ie.:
Turn on Gunzerk and run in the middle of a group of enemies, blasting fools like a madman.

Amon37

Should be moonshot farming the warrior anyway if you want legendaries. But yes it's extremely frustrating and like a bad joke by gearbox.

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU....

I finally beat the game today(Berzerker) and as I was going around picking up the items that Jack/The Warrior dropped, I came across The Impaler hidden next to the Warrior's body. Naturally i was excited and held 'X' to immediately equip the shield, but didn't know I was at my limit already. So as I picked up the Impaler I dropped The Bee and it fell/glitched under the warrior and disappeared. I spent like 10 minutes running around looking for it before giving up. So I decided to keep The Bee and did a hard reset back to the dashboard.

I really wanted to use the Impaler, so for the next few hours I spent trying (unsuccessfully) to farm the shield, but to no avail. Even worst is that all that farming raised my level up to 38, so when I started TVHM I was overpowered and all the drops were under-leveled.

Really pissed me off since the Impaler fit my playstyle perfectly, ie.:
Turn on Gunzerk and run in the middle of a group of enemies, blasting fools like a madman.

But the bee is shit now.

h3ro

Is there any way to reset quest rewards? As in if I'm about to turn in the quest to get the Sandhawk but want a shock elemental and not slag, will restarting the console before accepting the gun allow me to turn in the quest again?

Jezbollah

Is there any way to reset quest rewards? As in if I'm about to turn in the quest to get the Sandhawk but want a shock elemental and not slag, will restarting the console before accepting the gun allow me to turn in the quest again?

If you havent taken the gun and you dash, you should be ok.

But the bee is shit now.

I've got a Level 61 Bee. 98,000 capacity and ~158,000 amp damage. It is awesome. Combine that with any number of fire rate modifiers and you've got a beast on your hands. I disagree that the Bee is shit, it still 3-10 shots guys (depending on the gun and enemy type).

maomaoIYP

So I have this alternate account that I use to transfer items between characters.....I don't play the game on it, and I've never redeemed a shift code for golden keys, and yet I just realized that I have 11 keys on it, but yet my regular account only has 1. I wonder how that happens?

zewone

If you're on a 360, you can dashboard or sign out of your profile (which is quicker).

Halcyon

I've got a Level 61 Bee. 98,000 capacity and ~158,000 amp damage. It is awesome. Combine that with any number of fire rate modifiers and you've got a beast on your hands. I disagree that the Bee is shit, it still 3-10 shots guys (depending on the gun and enemy type).

Yea the bee has always been useful with certain guns. I just got a level 57 which is gonna be useful till 61.

I always much preferred the sham though. I can't stand constantly going down because of mobs of crap shooting at me.

Still will throw on the bee for bosses though. I would love a quick shield swap option.

Dibbz

Was playing with some randoms tonight and ran into some weird situations. We were playing on the mission where you have to fight that big flying bunker thing. On the way to it you fight this big Constructer thing and it was destroying us. Most of the people on were a few levels below the mission level so it was no surprise we weren't even putting a dent in things. Anyway somehow after like 10 minutes trying to fight the Constructor it just kinda died. Then when we were fighting the bunker the same thing happened. I took out a few of it's turrets, put some slag and corrosion on it and then next thing I know it's health has gone and it explodes.

I'm guessing someone was glitching or something because those things had tons of life left. Anyone ran into this before? PC btw.

Was playing with some randoms tonight and ran into some weird situations. We were playing on the mission where you have to fight that big flying bunker thing. On the way to it you fight this big Constructer thing and it was destroying us. Most of the people on were a few levels below the mission level so it was no surprise we weren't even putting a dent in things. Anyway somehow after like 10 minutes trying to fight the Constructor it just kinda died. Then when we were fighting the bunker the same thing happened. I took out a few of it's turrets, put some slag and corrosion on it and then next thing I know it's health has gone and it explodes.

I'm guessing someone was glitching or something because those things had tons of life left. Anyone ran into this before? PC btw.

Was one of you playing as Zer0 with Bore? I think that the "Bore" skill has some oddities with Constructors and Bunker.

Dibbz

I'm not sure, maybe that was it.

I just managed to get to level 50 and I'm not leveling up anymore. Was the level cap part of the DLC?

Vitten

Was one of you playing as Zer0 with Bore? I think that the "Bore" skill has some oddities with Constructors and Bunker.

This. With bore, if you fire at Bunker at a certain part just above his middle line, where his sideturrets come out there's a chance for the bore skill to go hyperactive and mess him up completely. Very handy for farming Bunker

Jezbollah

This. With bore, if you fire at Bunker at a certain part just above his middle line, where his sideturrets come out there's a chance for the bore skill to go hyperactive and mess him up completely. Very handy for farming Bunker

I think I had a few points in Bore with my original playthrough - a sniper Zero build. I remember taking down Bunker in a few seconds with a slagged Zammachat White Death.

Top Bottom