• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

DarkKyo

So I just got all the DLC and I was starting Oasis today.. then I tried matchmaking and I noticed nobody is hosting DLC matchmaking. Is there none? Is it because I haven't gone through new game +? Should I do new game + before starting the DLC? Does nobody play the DLC at level 30(and instead wait for being a higher level in NG+)?? I'm so confused! :p

I really like Borderlands 2 but it's been awhile since I played it. Someone who is in the know please assist me?

h3ro

I'm getting a ripped a new one right now and having no luck getting good drops from farming. Anyone looking to dump their level 50 stuff since they've moved onto UVHM? I'm on 360 and would appreciate any help. I'm playing Siren and can't get a good SMG besides Moxxi's for the life of me and my level 27 bee just isn't cutting it. :/

maomaoIYP

I'm getting a ripped a new one right now and having no luck getting good drops from farming. Anyone looking to dump their level 50 stuff since they've moved onto UVHM? I'm on 360 and would appreciate any help. I'm playing Siren and can't get a good SMG besides Moxxi's for the life of me and my level 27 bee just isn't cutting it. :/

If you had only posted earlier, I'd just hit 61 with my siren and just dumped everything about 2 days ago.

Jonm1010

Banned
I think the general agreement is that DLC's should be played whilst/after New Game+
Huh. I started oasis at about 36. Didn't realize most people wait til AFTER new game+ to play.

...on a side note, do golden keys ever disappear after you've gotten them? Like is there a time limit I need to use them? I have like 9 of them but I kinda want to wait til I get to UVHM to use most of them.

undrtakr900

Wish I didn't do all that Warrior farming since it was just my first playthough, and didn't realize all the weapons max out at lvl 34, so all that time wasted for nothing since I found better items items pretty early on in TVHM :/
Should be moonshot farming the warrior anyway if you want legendaries. But yes it's extremely frustrating and like a bad joke by gearbox.
Hmm...had to google to see what moonshot'ing is, wish I knew about that before. Well I'll try it in TVHM once I get to the end.

It's a very cruel joke as I saw another Legendary drop on the boss the other day. Only problem was that it dropped under the Warrior's hand and no matter what angle I approached I couldn't grab(or even see) the item.
But the bee is shit now.
My Bee is lvl 30ish from my first playthrough and its been pretty good in TVHM(w/ 3500 amp + 2K shield). Well...initially now I only equip it when I'm sniping as I got tired of being one-shot-killed by everyone.

Brick

I finally got some time on my hands, and am going to pick this up on PC. I'm really bummed that I just missed the $25 base game + season pass at Amazon. Any chance this is going to go on sale soon on Steam/GreenManGaming/Other any time soon, or should I just pull the trigger at $40?

Halcyon

Got 61 a bit ago on my commando.

I didn't get any pearescent weapons but I got a few legendaries along the way. My slag/nuke turret is pretty fun. The game is hard on this mode but I just sorta slag and then use elements or a decent ravager and kill stuff pretty easy.

I don't know how long I'll actually keep playing. The idea of farming again for a few choice items is kinda boring to me.

Multiplayer on ps3 using all the decent guns makes the game really choppy/laggy. Everyone has all kinda explody animated gear/items so it turns the game to unplayable crap with 4 people.

Amon37

Why didn't you get 50 bee in tvhm? I keep all my 50's and pass them to my other chars when they are ready.

Amon37

...on a side note, do golden keys ever disappear after you've gotten them? Like is there a time limit I need to use them? I have like 9 of them but I kinda want to wait til I get to UVHM to use most of them.

No they're saved to your profile data.

Nebula

Hey guys. I recently said I would try and get some Pearlescent pictures for you but I started Work so I will only be able to get them up on the weekend. I might try later today though if I can get off earlier than normal.

Also UVHM is hard, and my brother trolled us all by joining on his level 61 (I'm at 57 at the moment) just before Saturn spawned. He was 63. We managed to beat him but it took ages. Somehow only 2 of us went down but I think that's because we hugged the building and abused The Bee and Sandhawk. Can't wait to hit 61, cause I'd love to get farming again and pick up some weapons worth using.

maomaoIYP

Also UVHM is hard, and my brother trolled us all by joining on his level 61 (I'm at 57 at the moment) just before Saturn spawned. He was 63.

It's hard in this situation because the increase in enemy health and strength of the weapons in the last few levels are tremendous. I have a solo mechro 61 and a solo siren 61 and it hasn't been hard at all, especially with the Siren.

Let's share our lvl 61 builds!
This is my Siren, uses a legendary siren mod. Phaselock everything, aim at critical spot, always has plenty of health, excellent crowd control.
http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550001450015040000005504510501

My Mechro, with legendary mechro mod. Support the deathtrap while it tanks, and build anarchy in the meantime.
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#540010151551150150000000410140141000

Nebula

It's hard in this situation because the increase in enemy health and strength of the weapons in the last few levels are tremendous. I have a solo mechro 61 and a solo siren 61 and it hasn't been hard at all, especially with the Siren.

Let's share our lvl 61 builds!
This is my Siren, uses a legendary siren mod. Phaselock everything, aim at critical spot, always has plenty of health, excellent crowd control.
http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#550001450015040000005504510501

My Mechro, with legendary mechro mod. Support the deathtrap while it tanks, and build anarchy in the meantime.
http://www.bl2skills.com/mechromancer.html#540010151551150150000000410140141000

I'm not 61 yet :( I'll be going for double slag turrets anyway. Slag is the way to go, and with my friend on his Mechromancer/Siren, we should kick some ass.

Hey guys. I recently said I would try and get some Pearlescent pictures for you but I started Work so I will only be able to get them up on the weekend. I might try later today though if I can get off earlier than normal.

Also UVHM is hard, and my brother trolled us all by joining on his level 61 (I'm at 57 at the moment) just before Saturn spawned. He was 63. We managed to beat him but it took ages. Somehow only 2 of us went down but I think that's because we hugged the building and abused The Bee and Sandhawk. Can't wait to hit 61, cause I'd love to get farming again and pick up some weapons worth using.

I JUST used the Sandhawk for the first time last night. Some guy gave one of each to me. It was so much fun... holy cow... Also, the double unkempt harold is tons of fun too at 61.

maomaoIYP

I'm not 61 yet :( I'll be going for double slag turrets anyway. Slag is the way to go, and with my friend on his Mechromancer/Siren, we should kick some ass.

This is my intended 61 soldier. Double guns, double turrets, lots of slag & rockets.
http://www.bl2skills.com/commando.html#51555150011100000000055000155041

My only 61 so far is my multiplayer Siren using a Merciful Nurse. Built on survivability and keeping others alive. I don't have to farm any more because people give me stuff out of appreciation.
http://www.bl2skills.com/siren.html#555001055005555105010300000000

When I play mp I just slip a point over to Res, it still works pretty well.

undrtakr900

Hey did you guys find all your rare loot or did you trade/dupe to get it?

I joined a game last night where we spent a good chunk of time trading/duping weapons with each other. So now I have several Legendary items; including dual-Fire & dual-Corrosive infinite pistols for my GunZerker. Which is great and should make the game a breeze, but now it'll feel cheap since I didn't earn the weapons myself and it'll take away the thrill of opening a chest because I already have the most powerful items/weapons. (I'm around lvl 45 in TVHM)

Dam my moral dilemma lol

Gordon

I joined a game last night where we spent a good chunk of time trading/duping weapons with each other. So now I have several Legendary items; including dual-Fire & dual-Corrosive infinite pistols for my GunZerker. Which is great and should make the game a breeze, but now it'll feel cheap since I didn't earn the weapons myself and it'll take away the thrill of opening a chest because I already have the most powerful items/weapons. (I'm around lvl 45 in TVHM)

Dam my moral dilemma lol
I had that dilemma in BL1. Somebody duped one of those modded shields to one of my team mates so we had to decide if we wanted to use it. We ended up banking it until we got bored with farming and questing. Once we started losing interest, using that shield, and eventually learning to mod myself, was a breath of fresh air. We had already found enough awesome guns that we were stomping everything in our paths. Modding just allowed us to A) Fool around, and B) Get our hands on specific variants of weapons we wanted, like a particular legendary that we had only seen drop with garbage parts, but with awesome parts and one part in particular that has some complimentary function. Like the Unforgiven Mashers. Man those were fun.

Already had the same happen in BL2. Hit 50, finished TVHM, played the DLCs, and farmed Son of Mothrakk until I was blue in the face. (farmed other bosses plenty, but with success) Gave up, walked away, and played Halo 4 for a few weeks. Came back, farmed it some more, and then decided I was wasting a ridiculous amount of time for a sniper rifle I probably wasn't even going to use very much. So I modded a Skullmasher in, and went on to play with it, and the other guns I'd found. Then I modded in some more, and continued. It gives me the chance to delve into the depth of the game while still maintaining my job and family lol

tl;dr - Duping etc. is best left to when you've lost interest, whereupon it can revitalize the game for you.

Halcyon

Dam my moral dilemma lol

My 50s farmed alot of stuff but I got a few things from someone duping. I did a lot of trading with my assassin to get specific versions of shields and guns. My 50s eventually had most of the gear/skins I wanted.

My 61 currently just has stuff I've picked up or farmed/found in treasure room.

I'm gonna farm an infinity and a bee/sham. I'll end up trading eventually to get the perfect versions of assassin gear though. Its always good to just focus on one or a few things to farm though. Otherwise the game has no point after you've beaten it like 10 times over.

h3ro

Dam my moral dilemma lol
I'm at around the same level in TVHM as well. If you're on 360, I'd like to share in this moral dilemma!

Amon37

I've always got my gear myself mostly through the treasure room. I would really only take a dupe if I wanted a specific variant of something I already found, but whatever makes the game fun for you go for it.

GamerSoul

Lost my mechro to file corruption because of my old crappy 360 restarting while it was saving. I already start a new one but damn does it suck.luckily I didn't have any legendaries.

So apparently the Loot Midgets drop Legendaries even on the first playthrough. Killed one today in the Firehawk's Lair and got a level 10 Restructuring Conference Call. I'm not sure if I should be happy that I got one or sad that I got it at level 10. I guess I'll always have a nice weapon for new characters in the future.

Halcyon

I had a decent day yesterday farming-wise.

I got a 61 rapid infinity slagga hellfire longbow stormfront kerblaster and a few others.

I traded and got a sham so I'm basically back to the way I played at 50 on my commando.

I just need a dp unkempt Harold and a better version of my bee and it'll be like nothing changed.

Amon37

I had a decent day yesterday farming-wise.

I got a 61 rapid infinity slagga hellfire longbow stormfront kerblaster and a few others.

I traded and got a sham so I'm basically back to the way I played at 50 on my commando.

I just need a dp unkempt Harold and a better version of my bee and it'll be like nothing changed.

Were you farming the treasure room, loot midgets, or specific enemies?

Halcyon

Were you farming the treasure room, loot midgets, or specific enemies?

Just farmed specific enemies and the treasure room.

Got the slagga from the hodunks. Farmed a hellfire from scorch etc

I haven't even seen more than 1 loot midget in my time with uhvm.

Zertez

Facebook keys. Good till the 15th
PC/Mac: 5JC3B-HRS5W-HC6B3-J3TJJ-ZRCKB
PS3: K3CT3-WZRK3-5CKKT-SJK33-39XHW
360: WBKTT-SX5Z5-B39J6-KX3TT-9JXWK

maomaoIYP

Just farmed specific enemies and the treasure room.

Got the slagga from the hodunks. Farmed a hellfire from scorch etc

I haven't even seen more than 1 loot midget in my time with uhvm.

I've spent some time farming the loot midgets at Wildlife Preserve and results vary wildly. Legendaries are still rare but e-tech artifacts are rather common. Some of the artifacts are fantastic, like the ones with health+45%, smg+65% AND launcher +65%.

Is leveling supposed to be extremely slow or am I doing something very wrong? My siren is only level 13 after 14 hours of questing and killing mobs.

Got this from PS+ sale. Beat my first playthrough as Gunzerker last night and admist all the garbage The Warrior dropped was one "orange" assault rifle, which conveniently fell under his dead body in such a way that I could not get close enough to grab it. Yeah, I was pissed.

Jezbollah

Got this from PS+ sale. Beat my first playthrough as Gunzerker last night and admist all the garbage The Warrior dropped was one "orange" assault rifle, which conveniently fell under his dead body in such a way that I could not get close enough to grab it. Yeah, I was pissed.

If you had exited out of there and fought back through into Heros Pass you could have picked it up.

Halcyon

Is leveling supposed to be extremely slow or am I doing something very wrong? My siren is only level 13 after 14 hours of questing and killing mobs.

Yea something wrong. I'm assuming you're doing side quests that you picked up at a low level.

For the quickest leveling do the story missions and wait to even pick up side missions till either after you beat the story, or your not strong enough to get further in the main story.

Quests and enemies will scale based on the level in which you accept them. So you could like accept a quest at level 3. Then not get around to it till level 10 and you would not get much xp from either the quest or the enemies.

Halcyon

I've spent some time farming the loot midgets at Wildlife Preserve and results vary wildly. Legendaries are still rare but e-tech artifacts are rather common. Some of the artifacts are fantastic, like the ones with health+45%, smg+65% AND launcher +65%.

I haven't seen a relic that I would use yet on my Aston. The two I swap between depend on if I'm using the sham or my neogenator. If I have on a sham I'll use might of the seraphs to give health regen and max health. If I'm using neogenagor I'll use a protection relic to make sure its mostly always up.

v0mitg0d

Quick question.

I just started a new game with Zero so I;'m only level 4, but how soon and in what order can I tackle the DLC?

Apologies if this has been asked 5 million times.

IHaveIce

Banned
Ok I wanted to try the new update and everything and started BL2 today... just to find out my complete save file is gone. I had a 50 ready for UVHM :(

Can I do something

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Bought this in a sale for my mom, she loved the original. Curious as I am and without expecting much of it, I played the first two-three hours. Level 7 now.

Sorta liked the first game, but disliked most of it. To me, it felt soulless and like they couldn't choose what they wanted to do with the game.

First impressions can be powerfull and by jove, this is a good one!
Burch's humor might be immature, but I like it! Looting is more fun, shooting is better and i've already found more interesting loot than in fifty hours of Borderlands. Level-design untill now has been way better and exploring is far more fun. And they finally got "it". "Pazzaz", "Soul" or whatchamacallit. It feels like it's been created with love.

Besides all that, they found a mineral called fun, mined the heck out of it and spread it all across Pandora. Or atleast, that's been my first experience with this game. :)

Playing with Zer0. Is it just me or is this one waaaaay more difficult than the original?

Top Bottom