• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Insaniac

The leviathan is super bugged in uvhm, i was shooting him forever and it wouldnt do any damage. Or his mouth would keep flashing open and closed and you wouldnt be able to shoot while still dealing with the fucking uber snakes. Thankfully i perservered and now have treasure room access. Picked up a fucking pearllllllllescent rocket launcher tungska, that thing is no fucking joke, the damage on it is absolutely off the charts. Also got a great fire plasma caster just in my first 2 runs and a purple cooldown trinket with 40% reduction (up 5% from my level 50 version)

pretty happy with the loot drops so far in farming. Also farmed a bee from hellquist which is level 61, so the damage is ridiculous when hiding behind two shielded missle packing slag turrets. I might respec down to one turret just for a bit more challenge.

or you could ditch the bee shield like a man

patch v1.5.0 said:
Fixed an issue where bank and stash capacity could be exceeded. This change prevents additional items from being added to stash / bank until capacity is below the maximum
:( I wish they would stop "fixing" these types of inventory expansions. We get all these weapons and can only carry/store a few. I miss BL1 with my "mule character" with lots of backpack space.

Amon37

:( I wish they would stop "fixing" these types of inventory expansions. We get all these weapons and can only carry/store a few. I miss BL1 with my "mule character" with lots of backpack space.

I'm definitely shutting down the internet on my ps3 before I play. The rest of the noted to fix anything broken for me.

Zertez

I'm definitely shutting down the internet on my ps3 before I play. The rest of the noted to fix anything broken for me.
It looks like it wont erase items over the cap, but it wont allow you to put into the bank until you get down under the cap. Im a pack rat and have several mules full, but I dont get why some need to keep 150 guns, items etc.

Golden key code 360 only unfortunately
360: KTW3T-ZXXS5-JBSJF-5FJT3-6TB9X

http://majornelson.com/2013/04/18/free-xbox-live-gold-weekend-for-us-canada-latin-america-and-japan/

Amon37

If you don't have the mechromancer do you still find the class mods? Because having loot for a class you can't have is kinda annoying.

Slayven

If you don't have the mechromancer do you still find the class mods? Because having loot for a class you can't have is kinda annoying.

Yes, it is funny it seems like I get 4 times the amount of mechromancer skils than I do for any other class and i don't have a lick DLC.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Same here, but the money is quite welcome.
Been finding some Psycho mods aswell.

I picked up the pearlescent rocket launcher but now I keep finding awesome launchers after it. Picked up a nukem and some triple rocket purples. So far the treasure room farming hasn't been great, but I picked up a proactive bitch which is such a sick gun as well as some good sniper rifles

Amon37

The leviathan is super bugged in uvhm, i was shooting him forever and it wouldnt do any damage. Or his mouth would keep flashing open and closed and you wouldnt be able to shoot while still dealing with the fucking uber snakes.

Yep this happened to me, I had to actually die and fight him again and he opened his mouth that time.

AYS

Neo Member
Also a question: Does anyone know if Pearlescent weapons appear anywhere once you have the DLC or is only in certain areas? I'm on my second play through.

Pearls only drop on the third play through, ultimate vault hunter. They can drop anywhere you can get loot just like any other legendary (chests, mobs, boxes, etc.)

GamerSoul

Xbox 360 notes

Pretty cool this comes days after I lose my level 60 Assassin that I had put 100's of hours into.

Yeah I lost a character too. My Lvl 45 Mechro but I'm already working on another one. :3 Using my Siren from another profile to speed up the process by playing through the story splitscreen, heheh. I'm glad they added the feature though!! Thank You, GB. I will refrain from wanting to throw my crappy 360 out a window for now.

Trakan

Yeah I lost a character too. My Lvl 45 Mechro but I'm already working on another one. :3 Using my Siren from another profile to speed up the process by playing through the story splitscreen, heheh. I'm glad they added the feature though!! Thank You, GB. I will refrain from wanting to throw my crappy 360 out a window for now.

You need a high level character on a completely different gamertag for that right?

Insaniac

just did the bunk3r questline with my friend on UVHM and had a field day for loot:

lQ6TnZG.jpg

giKnxKd.jpg

7xnpsto.jpg

So I went into a game with my level 51 character, then quit to play my level 61 player that had all of my pearlescents and sand hawks.

When I booted up into sanctuary with my level 61, my entire backpack was essentially now a copy paste of my backpack with my level 51, but all the guns were now level 61. So no pearlescents, no sandhawks :/ I quit the game and it saved over my old awesome backpack...

Any advice on getting my guns back? Is it ethical to ask a friend to dupe his weapons for me?

Rufus

A glitch just screwed you out of your stuff and you as if it's ethical? Fuck man, restore your shit any way possible.

GamerSoul

You need a high level character on a completely different gamertag for that right?

Yes. My account has a lvl 50 Siren but I wanted to play online with others so I created another character on my brother's who has the gold account we share. It speeds up the leveling process for a while but it gets harder since there is a large increase in the amount of exp needed to level up. It also kinda helps to get through the story missions faster.

I agree you already put the hard work into finding them.

Every game I go into right now is levels 48-51 and we are all 61s. Weird. And there are only around 3 eligible matches to join when there's usually 60 or so

Amon37

Just had a damn epiphany, why wasn't I always doing my treasure runs with a roughrider and breakneck banshee class mod? Holy crap is this going a lot faster.

Jonm1010

Banned
Alright I have a few questions that some of you may have answers for.

1.) Im currently level 42 on true vault hunter mode at chapter 12. Does my experience and the games enemies cap out at 50 until I enter Ultimate Vault hunter? Or will my character or the enemies go above that level now that the cap has been raised?

2.) I did Captain Scarlett's DLC around 35-38. When is the best time to do the other two loot wise? Should I wait til UVHM or just do it whenever?

Weird, I did the quest and he didn't drop it. I turned in the quest reloaded and he dropped it the very next time.

He dropped it after farming him for about an hour - took about 8 times killing him to drop it, but I got it and it was glorious!

I then bought a standard banshee class mod that had +5 Fleet. Even with that, I ZOOM everywhere. It's AWESOME!

Alright I have a few questions that some of you may have answers for.

1.) Im currently level 42 on true vault hunter mode at chapter 12. Does my experience and the games enemies cap out at 50 until I enter Ultimate Vault hunter? Or will my character or the enemies go above that level now that the cap has been raised?

2.) I did Captain Scarlett's DLC around 35-38. When is the best time to do the other two loot wise? Should I wait til UVHM or just do it whenever?

1. I believe it will cap out. If you have bought the UVHM there is a chance, but I really don't think so.

2. Wait until level 61, getting the rare and unique drops at 61 is worth it. However, to enjoy the game the most, play it on your TVM all the way through and it resets with UVHM so you get to do it twice anyways.

Jonm1010

Banned
That's what I'm hoping it will do - cap out. I'd like to get to 50. Mess around in TVHM and play some of the DLC and grab some legendaries and then after I get bored head to UVHM where ill have some extra incentive with a level cap raise and the increases difficulty. Plus finding new legendaries and pearlescent guns.

Amon37

That's what I'm hoping it will do - cap out. I'd like to get to 50. Mess around in TVHM and play some of the DLC and grab some legendaries and then after I get bored head to UVHM where ill have some extra incentive with a level cap raise and the increases difficulty. Plus finding new legendaries and pearlescent guns.

The enemies will cap at 50 but you will still get experience , it'll just be so little it won't have an effect on leveling past 50. Once I got to level 53 in uvhm most of my 50 legendaries stopped being very effective except my quasar and norfleet. The enemies just have so much hp especially badass enemies.

Devined

If anyone wants to play through, I am looking for a partner in crime to do so with. You can add me on steam Here. I have a level 25 Zero but I am not opposed to starting new.

Hey I am in need of some assistance I'm currently playing through Borderlands 2 and I really need some help on a boss Fight. I have been trying for some time and I just cant seem to get past it. If any of you are interested in helping PM me please.

-Devined- would be will to play i also need some friend who play I'm only level 19 if you willing to play with a lover level then i would be will to play.

Insaniac

Hey I am in need of some assistance I'm currently playing through Borderlands 2 and I really need some help on a boss Fight. I have been trying for some time and I just cant seem to get past it. If any of you are interested in helping PM me please.

-Devined- would be will to play i also need some friend who play I'm only level 19 if you willing to play with a lover level then i would be will to play.

I can help you with the boss fight, but do you want a level appropriate character to help?

Amon37

Looks like I'm going to get loot midgets at 1000 cuts, The rocko's strife mission means you can farm loot midgets without any extra enemies, having to wade through all those stalkers and loaders in the preserve just wasn't worth it.

Also my best luck ever last night in the treasure room as I got 3 legendaries in a row and 5 total in a 45 minute period.

Edit: new record 4 legendaries in same run, one was 2 of the same item in a chest but still.

Devined

I got your PM but I dont play the xbox version.

Marvie_3

Banned
Looks like I'm going to get loot midgets at 1000 cuts, The rocko's strife mission means you can farm loot midgets without any extra enemies, having to wade through all those stalkers and loaders in the preserve just wasn't worth it.

Also my best luck ever last night in the treasure room as I got 3 legendaries in a row and 5 total in a 45 minute period.

Edit: new record 4 legendaries in same run, one was 2 of the same item in a chest but still.
Nice!

Amon37

I just don't see loot midgets as the best for farming stuff, I've tried 1000 cuts and preserve it just takes too long.
I'm running a 61 siren with rough rider and breakneck banshee mod, I can use this in the treasure room and 1000 cuts because of no real enemies.

I'll update some times in a few minutes

Treasure run=2:00-2:15 to get to the room and open all the chests on top.
1000 Cuts(Starting from fast travel and avoiding bloody knuckle,the path to terra peak and the tower)=0-5 loot midgets, 2:50-4:00 depending on number of loot midgets fought.
Yes there is no guarantee of loot midgets in 1000 cuts but the times show even if you get none it's still way faster than the preserve.
Preserve(Starting from the annex travel point)=7:00-10:00 minutes lol,

Another issue I have with loot midgets is that even though they are level 63 their drops aren't always 61.

My advice is the treasure room unless you are specifically looking E-tech relics.

As always with BL2 drop and spawn rates YMMV greatly

Top Bottom