• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Rufus

Yeah, playing Zer0 alone is basically hard mode. I've got bored with my other games and jumped back into this only to be reminded what a dumb idea it was to go crit sniper.

A bit disappointed there is no competitive battle arenas like from the first game (unless I'm completely missing it). Those were pretty fun (when you mutually agreed not to use action skills) and could of been fun if they implemented it with a group gambling system. Oh well.

And speaking of player verse player fighting, initiating duels is really annoying if you have Maya's melee override skill.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
The beginning certainly was spicy, but it's not that hard. :p Atleast, not yet. Since i've found a sniper rifle it's been going pretty good, and the whole turning invincible thing helps aswell.

Really enjoying the game, but there's one big downer; WAAAAAAVES. :/

Rufus

You're going to run into problematic enemies soon enough, don't worry. It's not that bad in normal, but in TVHM I ended up cheesing or just straight up running past them.

Halcyon

Melee zero with knowledge on how to do it correctly with the right items is the most fun you can have in this game.

GamerSoul

I still haven't given Zero a try. I'm not big on Melee characters for this type of game. I think the Siren is still one of the more fun classes. The Mechro is great too but I'm so use to reloading in FPS games that I can't stack my Anarchy sometimes :3 I guess Discard is suppose to help a bit. I gotta try that next time.

maomaoIYP

Personal experience:
In terms of ease up to TVHM: Axton > Gaige > Maya > Salvador > Zer0
At UVHM: Maya > Gaige > Axton > Salvador > Zer0

My main problem with Salvador is his action skill and heavy reliance on very specific equipment to make it work. All the other classes' action skill takes the focus away from the player so the player can get a breather.

Maya works great with any elemental weapon. Gaige works great with anything due to anarchy and Deathtrap levels up with you. Axton has the same advantage as Gaige, turrents level up with you and are so efficient that only a simple slag gun will do.

Zer0 as melee doesn't feel viable until you hit the cap and acquire some gear. Even with a Law & Order setup UVHM is a bitch because of how quickly I get my face destroyed.

What are the odds that they will do a bundle with all the DLC at some point in the future? Tempted to get the season pass but I'm a bit set off that it doesn't include Gaige, Krieg, or the Creature Slaughter Dome.

Also I literally haven't heard a single word about any of the DLC, I just know I loved Borderlands 1's DLC so much that I'm willing to jump in blind. That said, PS+ has the DLC individually on sale until Tuesday, so would it be better to hand pick some? Are any of them a general consensus disappointment?

Nebula

Due to the xbox live issues this weekend, I wasn't able to grab my friends pearls and take the pictures. We're going to be farming this week, and we should hopefully have the full set of Pearlescents to show you.

Zertez

What are the odds that they will do a bundle with all the DLC at some point in the future? Tempted to get the season pass but I'm a bit set off that it doesn't include Gaige, Krieg, or the Creature Slaughter Dome.

Also I literally haven't heard a single word about any of the DLC, I just know I loved Borderlands 1's DLC so much that I'm willing to jump in blind. That said, PS+ has the DLC individually on sale until Tuesday, so would it be better to hand pick some? Are any of them a general consensus disappointment?
Im sure they will have a "game of the year" edition sometime the road with a lot of the DLC included for 40 dollars. Gaige as well as extra content with the season pass DLC will make it, but it is tough to say if they will include everything including skins, the new vault hunter and possibly any new DLC past the first season. I wouldnt be shocked, if they did include Gaige and the DLC from the season pass, but they decide to leave out Krieg and new DLC they have hinted will happen with season 2.

The more I think about it, the more season 2 with more DLC packs makes sense. I dont think they will release another BL game for current generation consoles. A new BL game for the next generation consoles, PS4/Durango, is several years out. Im sure they are already working on the next BL game, but it will probably take a lot longer with new hardware, compared to releasing BL3 on current hardware using an improved engine from BL1/2. One way to fill the gap and keep extra cash coming in is to have another round of DLC for BL2. I guess it will all come down to how well the fourth DLC, the psycho pack, season 1 passes, and the uvhm pack sells and how much interest is left after the level cap increase, new vault hunter, and the end of season 1 is over.

Before the last DLC has been released, I think the season 1 pass was a good deal. I would be willing to pay for another season pass, if they release content on the same level of what has been released so far.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've been waiting for a good price point to jump into the DLC. I have a Siren at level 50 who I beat TVHM with, and I got the Torgue DLC for free off this thread, which I hear is the best DLC chapter anyway. So I'm not really tempted to get the season pass considering it doesn't include any of the extra characters. They'd have to create a damn good bundle for me to consider jumping in.

undrtakr900

I had that dilemma in BL1. Somebody duped one of those modded shields to one of my team mates so we had to decide if we wanted to use it. We ended up banking it until we got bored with farming and questing. Once we started losing interest, using that shield, and eventually learning to mod myself, was a breath of fresh air. We had already found enough awesome guns that we were stomping everything in our paths. Modding just allowed us to A) Fool around, and B) Get our hands on specific variants of weapons we wanted, like a particular legendary that we had only seen drop with garbage parts, but with awesome parts and one part in particular that has some complimentary function. Like the Unforgiven Mashers. Man those were fun.

Already had the same happen in BL2. Hit 50, finished TVHM, played the DLCs, and farmed Son of Mothrakk until I was blue in the face. (farmed other bosses plenty, but with success) Gave up, walked away, and played Halo 4 for a few weeks. Came back, farmed it some more, and then decided I was wasting a ridiculous amount of time for a sniper rifle I probably wasn't even going to use very much. So I modded a Skullmasher in, and went on to play with it, and the other guns I'd found. Then I modded in some more, and continued. It gives me the chance to delve into the depth of the game while still maintaining my job and family lol

tl;dr - Duping etc. is best left to when you've lost interest, whereupon it can revitalize the game for you.
How do you mod weapons, is that PC only, like from a 3rd party mods?

Also, i don't think I have a choice now as those infinit pistols were level 35 Legendaries and I'm level 48 right now. So it's now-or-never to use them and have any effectability as their Legendary specs have now become the same as white-weapons at my current level.
My 50s farmed alot of stuff but I got a few things from someone duping. I did a lot of trading with my assassin to get specific versions of shields and guns. My 50s eventually had most of the gear/skins I wanted.

My 61 currently just has stuff I've picked up or farmed/found in treasure room.

I'm gonna farm an infinity and a bee/sham. I'll end up trading eventually to get the perfect versions of assassin gear though. Its always good to just focus on one or a few things to farm though. Otherwise the game has no point after you've beaten it like 10 times over.
Question, what do you do after you hit the level cap and get the best Legendary gear? I ask because we spend hours farming to get the best gear, but once we do the incentive of leveling up/looting is gone.

Do you do it to give it to your other characters leveling up, or do you collect everything to say you have [item].
I'm at around the same level in TVHM as well. If you're on 360, I'd like to share in this moral dilemma!
haha, yeah I'm on 360 too.

I joined another game where a guy dropped all his weapons, hard-quit to the dashboard, rejoined(w/all his weapons) and said: "take what you want!" I had to restrain myself lol

undrtakr900

Welcome, I try to post the codes when I find them. Wasnt sure people used them or not until you replied heh.
New codes. They are from Randys Twitter, so probably wont last long.
PC/Mac: 53K3B-WK56C-SWF33-BJ3J3-WCBHC
PS3: KB5B3-F5T6B-K5KC3-Z3KTJ-SCH55
360: K3K3T-FHSF6-TT93R-C63TB-C56SK

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic
Thanks for keeping us updated on all the codes you're awesome
face
bnna4.png
Got this from PS+ sale. Beat my first playthrough as Gunzerker last night and admist all the garbage The Warrior dropped was one "orange" assault rifle, which conveniently fell under his dead body in such a way that I could not get close enough to grab it. Yeah, I was pissed.
If you had exited out of there and fought back through into Heros Pass you could have picked it up.
All dam I wish I known that before, that exact same thing happened to me. Don't understand how someone in QA didn't point this out. Major issue when you can't get your loot, when it's a game about looting.

Also, why does it always seems like the best item always falls/glitches under the boss.

JDdelphin

Personal experience:
In terms of ease up to TVHM: Roland > Gaige > Maya > Salvador > Zer0
At UVHM: Maya > Gaige > Roland > Salvador > Zer0

My main problem with Salvador is his action skill and heavy reliance on very specific equipment to make it work. All the other classes' action skill takes the focus away from the player so the player can get a breather.

Maya works great with any elemental weapon. Gaige works great with anything due to anarchy and Deathtrap levels up with you. Roland has the same advantage as Gaige, turrents level up with you and are so efficient that only a simple slag gun will do.

For a second there, I thought I missed something very important. WAIT, WHAT? ROLAND?
HA, but only for that instant before the 'oooh, COMMANDO/Axton/Roland 2/etc'
You gave me an instant of thinking I missed some crazy unlock lol

maomaoIYP

For a second there, I thought I missed something very important. WAIT, WHAT? ROLAND?
HA, but only for that instant before the 'oooh, COMMANDO/Axton/Roland 2/etc'
You gave me an instant of thinking I missed some crazy unlock lol

LOL I must have been sleeping when I typed that out. I edited my post thanks.

Nebula

That looks pretty awesome.

How does it work? Does it only empty the magazine after you throw it away or does it keep firing even if the magazine was empty?

From what I can gather, it shoots more rounds if you throw it with more ammo, but the number of shots it fires isn't the same as what you had remaining in your clip when you threw it.

It also regenerates ammo, which is very handy.

Gordon

That looks pretty awesome.

How does it work? Does it only empty the magazine after you throw it away or does it keep firing even if the magazine was empty?
I've tried it. It still fires lots of rounds when you reload it from empty. Even more if it's not empty. Basically what Nebula said, and I can corroborate it from experience :)

Halcyon

Question, what do you do after you hit the level cap and get the best Legendary gear? I ask because we spend hours farming to get the best gear, but once we do the incentive of leveling up/looting is gone.

Do you do it to give it to your other characters leveling up, or do you collect everything to say you have [item].
haha, yeah I'm on 360 too.

I joined another game where a guy dropped all his weapons, hard-quit to the dashboard, rejoined(w/all his weapons) and said: "take what you want!" I had to restrain myself lol

I leveled another character. When my assassin hit 50 I messed around for a bit collecting items skins and doing challenges/easter eggs. Then I leveled a commando to 50 and outfit him. Then siren then gunzerker.

Now I got my comm to 61 and I'm working on zero.

There honestly isn't much of an endgame. You can raid or farm. I actually get a lot of fun out of showing newer players all the easter eggs bugs and weirder challenges. I also like trying out all the different guns and setups.

Amon37

Protip-In uvhm the side quests scale to your level so if you are close to level don't take too many side quests because they'll be worth more xp if you take them after you level up.

Nebula

I think I'm one more challenge away from the achievement. I need to complete the Shotgun challenge Open Wide to unlock it though, and it's very, very hard to do in UVHM.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Protip-In uvhm the side quests scale to your level so if you are close to level don't take too many side quests because they'll be worth more xp if you take them after you level up.

Can't you just reset all side quests indefinitely in UVHM? So you can technically do quests then reset them then do them again?

undrtakr900

Hey guys, i have a question: What's the highest weapon/item level you can get in TVHM?

I want to buy the DLC to unlock level 61, but I still haven't beat TVHM and I don't want to be a lvl 51+ character stuck with lvl 50 loot.
I leveled another character. When my assassin hit 50 I messed around for a bit collecting items skins and doing challenges/easter eggs. Then I leveled a commando to 50 and outfit him. Then siren then gunzerker.

Now I got my comm to 61 and I'm working on zero.

There honestly isn't much of an endgame. You can raid or farm. I actually get a lot of fun out of showing newer players all the easter eggs bugs and weirder challenges. I also like trying out all the different guns and setups.
Oh so you're one of the people that get a kick out of helping other players with weapons/challenges, sounds kool. I only know of the Minecraft easter eggs, what' other one's are there?

But I'm glad they addressed the "end game" with UVHM since you can reset your missions. I always loved the 'Circle of Doom' fighting-area missions and wanted to replay with different strategies/weapons. I finally got a 4-player area match the other days, it was awesomeness. On the last round only 1 person remained alive while the rest of us assisted by shooting from from the upstairs window.
I wish I knew this before--I'm still in TVHM--so I could've got a lvl 50 Firehawk shield(instead of lvl 35). It's currently my favorite item in the game and saved my ass more times than I can remember, but now that I'm lvl 50 it's basically useless.

Halcyon

Oh so you're one of the people that get a kick out of helping other players with weapons/challenges, sounds kool. I only know of the Minecraft easter eggs, what' other one's are there?

There's a bunch. Dark Souls. LotR easter egg. Tannis rides again. Out of map glitches. Double Rainbow. Top of the radio tower. Mini challenges in a few areas. Original claptrap.

I thought you could only reset the quests once you've completed the main quest.

You can reset whenever. Actually the fastest way to level up is reset UVHM, advance to where you restore the power, complete the first Hammerlock quest and then reset and do it again. You get about a bar and a half for 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

Amon37

You can reset whenever. Actually the fastest way to level up is reset UVHM, advance to where you restore the power, complete the first Hammerlock quest and then reset and do it again. You get about a bar and a half for 5-10 minutes of gameplay.

Well shit. Lmao I guess it should have read up more, oh well I still have more characters to play through.

I just wanted to get back into B2 now the update is out, but it's hanging at the "Downloading Updates Please Wait" screen.

There was no firewall issue, it just stays there forever. I verified the integrity which didn't work and I'm reinstalling it now to hopefully fix it, but has anyone else had this issue? Anything I can do to fix it if this doesn't work?

Dibbz

I just wanted to get back into B2 now the update is out, but it's hanging at the "Downloading Updates Please Wait" screen.

There was no firewall issue, it just stays there forever. I verified the integrity which didn't work and I'm reinstalling it now to hopefully fix it, but has anyone else had this issue? Anything I can do to fix it if this doesn't work?

Try restarting Steam

Try restarting Steam

Strange thing when I tried that earlier was that I couldn't because the .exe wouldn't stop for the game.
When the game gets caught in that hang-up, I have to alt-tab and log off then log back in.

Thankfully my internet just got twice as fast, do it's only taking 15 minutes to redownload. :D

Update comin' through.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/articles/1027/borderlands-2-software-update--4-18

PC Notes:
Update v1.5.0 (Released April 18, 2013)

General
Added support and compatibility for upcoming content, including character customizations unlocked by playing Poker Night 2.
Fixed an issue where bank and stash capacity could be exceeded. This change prevents additional items from being added to stash / bank until capacity is below the maximum -- it does not forcibly remove or delete any items.
Added a preview of available premium customizations when using a customization station so that players can see what a purchased head or skin would look like before buying.
Fixed an exploit where players could become invincible occasionally through the Siren's Res skill.
Fixed an issue that prevented players from choosing a new customization from SHiFT when creating a character immediately after redeeming a customization code.
Players are now able to type a "c" in their player name without causing the "load a character" overlay to appear while starting a New Game.
Missions
Fixed issues with the following missions that could cause players to get stuck or not be able to complete them:
  • Bad Hair Day
  • Best Minion Ever
Fixed a bug that could cause the "Wildlife Preservation" mission boss to sometimes continue fighting after the encounter in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
(Captain Scarlett DLC) Fixed an issue that could cause Scarlett to not drop Scarlett's Greed in the fight with Roscoe.

Equipment
Fixed a bug that caused the player's grenade count to not be saved properly if they were using a Grenadier class mod.
Fixed a bug causing Seraph items of the day to incorrectly be capped at level 55.
Rebalanced the Gunzerker's Titan class mod to be more in line other Gunzerker class mods.
Fixed an issue where the Evolution shield could incorrectly list a Recharge Delay of 0.00 seconds.
Fixed audio from Impact shields not playing when connected to another player.
Fixed an issue causing audio distortion in some cases when a transfusion projectile got stuck inside an object.

I use / prefer the "Titan class mod" - I hope it's better, not worse :)

The leviathan is super bugged in uvhm, i was shooting him forever and it wouldnt do any damage. Or his mouth would keep flashing open and closed and you wouldnt be able to shoot while still dealing with the fucking uber snakes. Thankfully i perservered and now have treasure room access. Picked up a fucking pearllllllllescent rocket launcher tungska, that thing is no fucking joke, the damage on it is absolutely off the charts. Also got a great fire plasma caster just in my first 2 runs and a purple cooldown trinket with 40% reduction (up 5% from my level 50 version)

pretty happy with the loot drops so far in farming. Also farmed a bee from hellquist which is level 61, so the damage is ridiculous when hiding behind two shielded missle packing slag turrets. I might respec down to one turret just for a bit more challenge.

Just checked the Titan's mod... mine lost 10% (40% to 30%) Gun Damage. Am sad. I didn't feel like my 'Zerker was over-the-top either. Sucks, but I guess they have enough data to support a change.

zewone

Xbox 360 notes
Added a new automatic backup feature -- the game will periodically create a backup of your current character so that there is something to fall back on if your character save becomes corrupted.

Pretty cool this comes days after I lose my level 60 Assassin that I had put 100's of hours into.

Top Bottom