• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Jonm1010

Banned
Still, I'm ok with this.

A borderlands take on medieval settings sounds fun.

I'm one that actually enjoyed tiny Tina for the most part but this is an interesting pairing.

LycanXIII

Anthony Burch tweeted it. It's deleted now.

I'm guessing it was a tease.
5081b67c1c729ee24c0db8ebfc692c7f.png

Steve Gibson is the guy on the couch.

Edit: GameTrailers is saying June 25th for the DLC.

Bollocks

So I loaded my character and all the skill points were reset?
The game told me I have 12 unspent skill points, thought yeah awesome glitch but they were just really reset.
Is this a common glitch?

Halcyon

So I loaded my character and all the skill points were reset?
The game told me I have 12 unspent skill points, thought yeah awesome glitch but they were just really reset.
Is this a common glitch?

Yea tends to happen when switching characters.

Ya I do I guess I can farm treasure room or farm torgue tokens lol

Farming tokens in the repeatable bar fight quest is a cinch and even better you can just reload until the ideal harold (probably double penetrating with torgue grip) pops up in the vending machine. It's a no brainer really.

I've been power leveling some classes by having them sit back while my main character farms for loot. Whats weird is when my second player loads in I frequently get 1-11 Gold Keys from nowhere, assigned to player two. They actually work, and even when I use them they appear again the next time I load in a second player. Not every time, but frequently enough that I can expect it.

Even weirder, they don't stay on the account. When I play single player, all the keys disappear. That happen to anyone else?

Halcyon

I've been power leveling some classes by having them sit back while my main character farms for loot. Whats weird is when my second player loads in I frequently get 1-11 Gold Keys from nowhere, assigned to player two. They actually work, and even when I use them they appear again the next time I load in a second player. Not every time, but frequently enough that I can expect it.

Even weirder, they don't stay on the account. When I play single player, all the keys disappear. That happen to anyone else?

Yea this is how I level alts. Its been that way as long as I can remember and is why wasting time entering codes and such makes no sense to me.

Amon37

Farming tokens in the repeatable bar fight quest is a cinch and even better you can just reload until the ideal harold (probably double penetrating with torgue grip) pops up in the vending machine. It's a no brainer really.

Ugh I tried this last night, I can't kill enough enemies quick enough to get the badasses to spawn before time runs out.

undrtakr900

Couple of keys
PC/Mac: 5TK3B-Z9SWC-SWRT3-TJ33T-HZW3B
PS3: W3W33-KJZKT-KKWCJ-9TCT3-BKX33
360: 5J5B3-99K9K-J3HBR-5FJBJ-HK9FF

https://twitter.com/gearboxsoftware/

PC/Mac: CJC33-F9Z5C-ZCRJJ-JB3TT-J5HSR
PS3: KJ533-TTS5J-5WWWJ-SBCBJ-ZB6Z3
360: KJC3J-XZWSK-BJS3F-K6T33-9RTRF

http://www.facebook.com/borderlandsgame?hc_location=stream
Hey do you work for Gearbox or something? You always have all the codes the instant they're released. Anyways we appreciate it.

eDIt: Hey do you know how long those "5 key" codes are active? I always get the "not valid" when I do it a day or so later.

Zertez

Hey do you work for Gearbox or something? You always have all the codes the instant they're released. Anyways we appreciate it.

eDIt: Hey do you know how long those "5 key" codes are active? I always get the "not valid" when I do it a day or so later.
I get a lot through twitter, but this site also has a lot of codes. As fast as some of them expire, I just try to put them up here before they are gone.

http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key

mrbagdt

ive been lurking / reading this thread for forever. i have to play the game at a much slower pace than everyone else so i am just now getting up to level 47. i was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice now that i am approaching what i suppose is 'endgame' material.

1) what DLC is worth buying? i should spend the $5 to unlock the extra mode and new levels, right? but of the 4 new areas... do people play all of them or just one?

2) what do you actually 'do' in the endgame stuff? do you just clear an area and repeat it over and over? or are you going for a boss and killing some boss over and over?

3) why are loot midgets special? it seems like all they drop for me is ammo and money. i dont understand why people actively hunt for them.

4) is playing single player even part of the game for most of you guys? or are you playing with friends all the time? i have done everything single player up to this point.

thanks in advance!

Zertez

ive been lurking / reading this thread for forever. i have to play the game at a much slower pace than everyone else so i am just now getting up to level 47. i was hoping someone could give me a bit of advice now that i am approaching what i suppose is 'endgame' material.

1) what DLC is worth buying? i should spend the $5 to unlock the extra mode and new levels, right? but of the 4 new areas... do people play all of them or just one?

2) what do you actually 'do' in the endgame stuff? do you just clear an area and repeat it over and over? or are you going for a boss and killing some boss over and over?

3) why are loot midgets special? it seems like all they drop for me is ammo and money. i dont understand why people actively hunt for them.

4) is playing single player even part of the game for most of you guys? or are you playing with friends all the time? i have done everything single player up to this point.

thanks in advance!

I will try to answer most of your questions, but some of it is opinion, so some will answer differently.

1.) I think all of the dlc is solid with each expansion having weak points, but also high notes. I bought the season pass, so I didnt have to make a choice on which DLC to buy and the levels were included as well. There is one more dlc to go that we know about, and I already think I got my moneys worth buying a season pass. I would recommend getting a season pass, if possible. I found BL2 for the PS3 on sale at the first of the year. I ended up paying less than 60 dollars for the game and the season pass.

2. The endgame is pretty much like most loot based games. You run tougher version of bosses and enemies to get better guns/gear. As you get better gear, the easier killing bosses for better gear gets. There is also raid bosses and rare spawns you can kill with friends to get even better guns.

The game is much different at max level on the highest difficulty, it is almost like playing a new form of the game. Things that were easy to kill on lower difficulties get very nasty and you will have to rely on using skills at the right time and learning new methods of killing/surviving. When you could take many hits with boss ae or effects on easier difficulties, the same effects will kill you in several hits.

You run the same bosses and areas over and over. Until you get the nice gear, the fights are not easy by any means. I enjoy farming for items and grinding for exp in rpgs. A lot of people get bored doing it, but if I get bored I move to a different boss or character. I guess the same can be said for most loot based games, I spent 100's of hours trying to improve my gear in D2 when some people stopped playing after they beat the first difficulty.

3.) People like loot midgets at max level, because they spawn as lvl 63 and have a high chance of dropping level 62 items. Most lvl 62 items come off bosses, and loot midgets are much easier to kill. Before you reach max level, they arent worth farming imo. Some like loot midget farming others prefer the treasure room, Ive seen great results from both, so it is tough to say which is the better way yet.

4.) I play single player and co-op. It depends on the time I have, if friends are online or if I want to farm one bosses over and over for 1 item. Personally I have almost as much fun playing solo as I do with a group, but I enjoy killing raid bosses as well and I cant solo them. No matter which path you take, you will upgrade your gear if you solo or if you co-op.

BL is a loot driven game that has some nice bosses to farm at max level. If you dont enjoy farming bosses and running the same area over and over to get better weapons, you probably wont enjoy the "endgame" stuff.

thanks in advance!

1. Another season pass owner here and I can second the notion that it's been worth every penny with more to come. Though since you play rather slowly it might be a smart move for you to wait for a sale on it, it went as low as 9.99 for the whole season pass on amazon once.

2. Play around with builds, attempt badass rank challenges, and boss runs. The badass challenges can be redone if you do enough of them so it's a good way to always get stronger. I don't like doing the same boss over and over so I kind of go on a world wide boss rush which is tons of fun.

3. Only legendary loot midgets are special which can only be found in UVHM which is free for everyone. they have a relatively high chance to drop legendaries and have a very high chance to drop the new e-tech relics.

4. I actually played tons of single player and still do when the mood strikes me but endgame is best if you can manage to find a good group of people.

Halcyon

thanks in advance!

The answer to number one is the pirate dlc. If you only get one you will have access to the rapier the pumpernel and the sand hawk.

Also the treasure room will get you the most legendaries and you can farm two seraph bosses.

Torgue gets you torgue machines and pyro Pete.

Zertez

Is it worth playing through UVHM if I don't plan on buying the +11 lv DLC?
I dont see the point in it and while Im sure someone can do it, finishing it would be pretty challenging at lvl 50. You wouldnt get the extra skill points, be able to equip the majority of the gear you find and I think the penalty for a 10 plus lvl difference would be harsh.

I dont doubt someone can do it, there is some people who have beat Dark Souls naked at lvl 1, but the challenge isnt worth it in BL2. Outside of being able to say you beat it at lvl 50, I dont see any reward for doing it.

I dont see the point in it and while Im sure someone can do it, finishing it would be pretty challenging at lvl 50. You wouldnt get the extra skill points, be able to equip the majority of the gear you find and I think the penalty for a 10 plus lvl difference would be harsh.

I dont doubt someone can do it, there is some people who have beat Dark Souls naked at lvl 1, but the challenge isnt worth it in BL2. Outside of being able to say you beat it at lvl 50, I dont see any reward for doing it.

Except that's not how UVHM works, it scales to the highest level player there. If you don't have the extra levels and no one you're playing with has it either then all of UVHM will be level 50.

Wow I'm not really interested in any of trees and 3/4 of those skills will be pointless in uvhm when the enemies are so powerful.

I've gone from day one to I'm going to check YouTube video to see if interested.

You have to remember that you can get 100 bloodlust stacks so multiply all those stats in the bloodlust tree by 100 and I don't know about you but I look forward to permanent flame of the firehawk and grenade spam.

Zertez

Except that's not how UVHM works, it scales to the highest level player there. If you don't have the extra levels and no one you're playing with has it either then all of UVHM will be level 50.
My apologies. I wasnt sure, everyone I played with has the dlc, but adding the new difficulty and scaling the mobs is pointless. If mobs only scale up to lvl 50, then it is a redundant difficulty lvl imo. I dont see how this differs from True Vault Hunter mode in difficulty, if Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is capped at the same lvl as TVM.

Maybe I missed something in the patch notes and this makes sense somehow. I know they want people to buy the added lvls for 5 dollars or get a season pass, but still giving people a new difficulty level on par with the old one is odd. Gearbox has made some bad decisions lately, but at least those made some sense even if it was poor ideas.

If the mobs are capped, they shouldnt offer the difficulty level to people w/o the dlc, unless it was something they had to do so people could play co-op with higher level players running UVHM. Even if that was the case, I cant see benefit for higher level players or the people capped at 50. The lvl 50 player doesnt help much against lvl 60 mobs, the lvl 50 player cant get exp or use the items that drop in lvl 60 games. Maybe it is a tease or motivation to people who havent bought it. Hopefully someone can explain why Gearbox gave people the option to play a new difficulty level, if it is the same as the one they already play.

For 15 seconds he regains full health per kill, seems pretty good unless it's limited to 1 per power usage. 50% reduced damage is nice as well for a tree cap.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Those skills look surprisingly fun, I honestly thought this class would be a flop. Interested to see how the class plays, but that Bloodlust tree seems pretty intriguing.

Amon37

You have to remember that you can get 100 bloodlust stacks so multiply all those stats in the bloodlust tree by 100 and I don't know about you but I look forward to permanent flame of the firehawk and grenade spam.

True but I don't think I'm in for 9.99. 4.99 and I'll buy.

mrbagdt

thank you to zertez, HalcyonTB12 and Awful Falafel for responding. once i legitimately finish the game i might buy the season pass just so i can keep on playing. i dont know if it will go on sale on PSN ever, i would guess it will stay $30 for the foreseeable future.

some more minor questions:

i have not done any of the non-story missions yet in this playthrough under the guise of getting to max level and then getting the max-level version of an items. that seems to be the 'norm' from what ive read through this thread. but now that there is the level cap increase... should i still wait to get the items? or are those items going to be under-powered compared to the real world drops and i shouldnt even worry / think about them anymore?

is there any order to doing the DLC or are they all level-similar and you can do them in whatever order you want?

lastly, to get the additional levels from DLC, are you guys playing in UVHM or do you grind those levels in the TVHM?

thanks again!

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I've been waiting for a Borderlands 2 XBLA sale forever. I wanna pick up the season pass and Gaige, but I don't want to drop $40 on the whole thing. $20 would be much more palatable to me.

Hi everyone.

I posted this question on the Steam discussion page, and got some startling answers. Basically, I wanted to know if there's a boss/area run guide for powerleveling a character (solo or otherwise) that doesn't entail exploiting the game in some way. I'm not looking to level a character from 1 to 61 in 2 hours or anything like that, just a general guide for what to do at certain level ranges.

The responses I got were mostly "Just play through the game and do all the side missions." This is fine, and may really be the best way, but some people in the thread mentioned how they were already at 61 by the time they got to Sanctuary in the second playthrough using this method. This is really strange to me, since I am nowhere NEAR that level (currently 37 with my Mechromancer in True Vault Hunter Mode).

I've tried to Google this and search through YouTube vids, but all I can find are those cheap, exploity ways of leveling that either require someone to power you through or tape a button down.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

My apologies. I wasnt sure, everyone I played with has the dlc, but adding the new difficulty and scaling the mobs is pointless. If mobs only scale up to lvl 50, then it is a redundant difficulty lvl imo. I dont see how this differs from True Vault Hunter mode in difficulty, if Ultimate Vault Hunter mode is capped at the same lvl as TVM.

Maybe I missed something in the patch notes and this makes sense somehow. I know they want people to buy the added lvls for 5 dollars or get a season pass, but still giving people a new difficulty level on par with the old one is odd. Gearbox has made some bad decisions lately, but at least those made some sense even if it was poor ideas.

If the mobs are capped, they shouldnt offer the difficulty level to people w/o the dlc, unless it was something they had to do so people could play co-op with higher level players running UVHM. Even if that was the case, I cant see benefit for higher level players or the people capped at 50. The lvl 50 player doesnt help much against lvl 60 mobs, the lvl 50 player cant get exp or use the items that drop in lvl 60 games. Maybe it is a tease or motivation to people who havent bought it. Hopefully someone can explain why Gearbox gave people the option to play a new difficulty level, if it is the same as the one they already play.

There's definitely incentive to buy it when you see your buddies at a higher level demolishing things with crazy skill combos but the value of UVHM for people without the raised level cap is that you can reset the mode as often as you want. This means you can get all the unique quest rewards at whatever level cap without having to save it for later or start a whole new character. Also legendary loot midgets are exclusive to UVHM and it's still more of a challenge in UVHM since the mobs have extra health and minor health regen in exchange for longer slag duration and slightly faster weapon switch.

thank you to zertez, HalcyonTB12 and Awful Falafel for responding. once i legitimately finish the game i might buy the season pass just so i can keep on playing. i dont know if it will go on sale on PSN ever, i would guess it will stay $30 for the foreseeable future.

some more minor questions:

i have not done any of the non-story missions yet in this playthrough under the guise of getting to max level and then getting the max-level version of an items. that seems to be the 'norm' from what ive read through this thread. but now that there is the level cap increase... should i still wait to get the items? or are those items going to be under-powered compared to the real world drops and i shouldnt even worry / think about them anymore?

is there any order to doing the DLC or are they all level-similar and you can do them in whatever order you want?

lastly, to get the additional levels from DLC, are you guys playing in UVHM or do you grind those levels in the TVHM?

thanks again!

Don't worry about saving missions anymore since it's never possible to miss out on max level rewards now with UVHM resets but remember that until you get the season pass which includes the level cap raising DLC that you're stuck at 50. Speaking of I'm sorry to mislead you on sales of the season pass because those were only on PC, didn't know you were playing on PS3 but I still say you should get it.

There's no required order to the DLC but generally I like to play things in order of release. The first two start at level 15 and hammerlock's start at level 30 but since you're way past that then they'll just scale to the level you're at when you start them. I do recommend doing hamerlock's last since the mobs are the hardest there so get geared up first for that one if you can.

To reach the new level cap I just went straight into UVHM but that's because I already finished everything in TVHM including the DLC. Really as long as you're doing quests appropriate to your level then you're already doing the best non cheesy way to level.

Hi everyone.

I posted this question on the Steam discussion page, and got some startling answers. Basically, I wanted to know if there's a boss/area run guide for powerleveling a character (solo or otherwise) that doesn't entail exploiting the game in some way. I'm not looking to level a character from 1 to 61 in 2 hours or anything like that, just a general guide for what to do at certain level ranges.

The responses I got were mostly "Just play through the game and do all the side missions." This is fine, and may really be the best way, but some people in the thread mentioned how they were already at 61 by the time they got to Sanctuary in the second playthrough using this method. This is really strange to me, since I am nowhere NEAR that level (currently 37 with my Mechromancer in True Vault Hunter Mode).

I've tried to Google this and search through YouTube vids, but all I can find are those cheap, exploity ways of leveling that either require someone to power you through or tape a button down.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Outside of those cheesy methods doing all the quests all the time is really the best way to do it since you're going to get way more xp from quest rewards than from kills even if it's from bosses. I really don't believe people got to 61 so early in TVHM without being cheesy or grinding forever. Don't forget to do DLC quests too though.

Outside of those cheesy methods doing all the quests all the time is really the best way to do it since you're going to get way more xp from quest rewards than from kills even if it's from bosses. I really don't believe people got to 61 so early in TVHM without being cheesy or grinding forever. Don't forget to do DLC quests too though.

Thanks. I guess I'll go this route. Gets so tedious redoing the story over and over. I guess that's why people resort to the cheese. I shall resist.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks. I guess I'll go this route. Gets so tedious redoing the story over and over. I guess that's why people resort to the cheese. I shall resist.

I'm one of those people who really despises repetitive missions and fetch quests, but honestly I've played through BL2 twice with my Siren (Normal and TVHM) and I didn't get tired of doing the quests over again; they are generally quite well designed. I could probably see myself running through it on UVHM with my Siren and then doing it again with another character.

In fact I would have started a second character, but the only one that really entices me is Gaige and I haven't decided if she's worth $10 to me yet.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
What are your guys' impressions of UVHM? I've been reading this thread on the BL2 forums and it makes the mode seem more tedious than fun. I don't currently have the Season Pass and I was considering it, but if this is true then I may just buy the story DLCs separately and avoid UVHM entirely.

What are your guys' impressions of UVHM? I've been reading this thread on the BL2 forums and it makes the mode seem more tedious than fun. I don't currently have the Season Pass and I was considering it, but if this is true then I may just buy the story DLCs separately and avoid UVHM entirely.

The girl and I have been running through it (I'm a Siren and shes an Assassin) and we honestly have not had much trouble. We are up to Thousand Cuts and there have been some parts where we died a bit, but nothing has been frustrated or tedious. We have actually found it to be a lot of fun.

Amon37

I'll probably only do axton Maya and Salvador because their action skills can slag, otherwise I have to keep swapping weapons or have a slag grenade on all the time.

I wish they would let us reset tvhm.

Top Bottom