• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Does the PC version support gamepad? Last time i remember, i didnt notice any option in the menu. I'm trying to convince a friend to buy this game so we can play together, but she never plays with a keyboard/mouse and is much more used to using a 360 controller.

Wallach

Does the PC version support gamepad? Last time i remember, i didnt notice any option in the menu. I'm trying to convince a friend to buy this game so we can play together, but she never plays with a keyboard/mouse and is much more used to using a 360 controller.

Natively, yeah. UI and all.

SRTtoZ

So I built a PC a few months ago and never bought this game. I am wondering if its worth $30 or should I wait for a Steam sale?

Wallach

So I built a PC a few months ago and never bought this game. I am wondering if its worth $30 or should I wait for a Steam sale?

Steam sale is likely very near; it's a great game but it's almost guaranteed to be up for grabs on the cheap, including some of the DLC. I'd wait until the summer sale.

Jezbollah

Steam sale is likely very near; it's a great game but it's almost guaranteed to be up for grabs on the cheap, including some of the DLC. I'd wait until the summer sale.

Steam sale for BL2 was around three to four weeks ago. Dont know when they repeat those sales.

SRTtoZ

Fuck it. I dropped the $30 on it because I don't wanna wait any longer. For someone just starting, is any of the DLC worth it right now before I start playing/leveling?

Installing now. Hopefully it runs well on my 680 Frozr.

AYS

Neo Member
Fuck it. I dropped the $30 on it because I don't wanna wait any longer. For someone just starting, is any of the DLC worth it right now before I start playing/leveling?

Installing now. Hopefully it runs well on my 680 Frozr.

Two of the DLCs have a level 15 requirement and the third and fourth require completion of the main story.

SRTtoZ

Two of the DLCs have a level 15 requirement and the third and fourth require completion of the main story.

Oh ok cool thanks.

Welp so far this game fucking rocks.

Level 10 so far and had a few decent drops. One is a legendary pistol that has shock dmg and its pretty insane. I also have a few purps that arent nearly as fun as this pistol. I can see how this game is diablo style addicting.

SRTtoZ

Fuck! I used a stupid fast travel that I didn't know was one way so I have to do that whole part again where you save Roland. You live and learn I guess....

Anyway, what should I do with these golden keys? I had 10 of them and spent a couple to try and get some varied weps since I was sporting 2 pistols and a sniper. Is it better to save them for higher levels?

Zertez

Fuck! I used a stupid fast travel that I didn't know was one way so I have to do that whole part again where you save Roland. You live and learn I guess....

Anyway, what should I do with these golden keys? I had 10 of them and spent a couple to try and get some varied weps since I was sporting 2 pistols and a sniper. Is it better to save them for higher levels?
Use them when you need the weapons. I know that is an exact answer, but with more places to find guns, gearing up at higher levels isnt too hard. At max level you will find equal or better weapons fairly quickly. Plus you can reset quests if you want to get a quest reward weapon at max level. I use mine if I have a bad streak of drops or find myself stuck fighting a boss with inferior weapons at lower lvls. They give out codes a lot, if you keep on top of them, you will find yourself with a ton of keys with not much to do with them.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
anyone wanna join my game and help me defeat hyperius the invincible??
I have a Gunzerker.

if anyones interested PM me so I can add your GT.

Jrmint

Question, if I buy the season pass off steam will that download all of the released DLC automatically?
You'll have access to it, not sure if it'll be automatic.

Anyone wanna group up on Tuesday evening for the new dlc in UVHM? Steam name - Jrmint

Jezbollah

You will have to go into the in-game store and download it. All the available DLC from the season pass will show up as Free.

That didnt happen to me at all. I purchased the season ticket off steam and it updated via steam, not by launching the game at all. The in-game store will only show you what DLC you have purchased - it wont let you install it from there.

Do I need to play the DLC's in Ultimate Vault Hunter mode to get to level 61? I just recently finished Captain Scarlett's DLC in TVHM and I didn't even make it to 51.

And I shouldn't even bother trying to beat Hyperius alone, should I? I walked in there with my commando and lasted 10 seconds.

de1irium

You have to have the Season Pass (or the Ultimate Vault Hunter DLC) to get past Lvl50. You can grind TVHM and still gain levels, but loot will still be Lvl50. UVHM always scales to your current level so there's not much benefit to going in higher than 50.

And yea, raid bosses are almost impossible to solo without very specific builds, or glitches.

Gordon

I am pumped for this DLC, thanks for the video, but it doesn't show new legendary or pearlescent weapons - do you know if those have been found yet or if they are going to add some more with this DLC?
I've seen a few peeks of new seraph weapons, a couple uniques, and some purples with new prefixes. Some pretty cool looking stuff there. Haven't seen any Legendary/Pearls yet. Hopefully they're just hidden better than the rest.

SRTtoZ

Should I bother with the DLC on my first playthrough? I ended up buying the season pass and I'm currently level 29 going through the main story. My plan is to eventually hit 61 and grind for gear etc. I just went to Oasis to check out what the pirate DLC looked like and there were a ton of new quests but I still have so many in the main game. Or maybe it is something I should save for the second playthrough?

Celcius

°Temp. member
Should I bother with the DLC on my first playthrough? I ended up buying the season pass and I'm currently level 29 going through the main story. My plan is to eventually hit 61 and grind for gear etc. I just went to Oasis to check out what the pirate DLC looked like and there were a ton of new quests but I still have so many in the main game. Or maybe it is something I should save for the second playthrough?
I would save the dlc for the second playthrough unless you just wanted to playthrough it twice for some reason.

Can't wait for tomorrow :)

Hey guys I'd like to play with some guys on Steam. I haven't played since launch. I think I'm lvl 30 something. I only beat regular campaign. Never did any DLC. If you can add me pls
http://steamcommunity.com/id/plbelanger

EDIT: I purchased the season pass does everything get updated automatically and also do I have to complete all DLC prior to this or how does it work?

PriitV

53C07F106CE0881D124D0833CACF44D5A791B361
I like how it just says DLC4 in the description.

Man I'm having a rough time trying UVHM solo with Zer0. Even with golden chest loot I'm dying constantly. Should I just leave this for co-op?

Top Bottom