• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I for one, loved Big Hunt. It had a great map design with some truly offbeat atmosphere similar to Dr Ned's island. Great loot too. The main mission is short as hell though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are the DLCs only worth it if you're lvl 50? My Siren is 41, but im still doing the quests from the original game right now and im at the part where i need to save Roland, so its still pretty early. And if i buy DLCs, should i get the season pass, or only buy the good ones seperately?

I'm more interested into buying the lvl 61 upgrade, maybe the Mechromancer and the soon to be released Tiny Tina DLC, since i heard everything else is kinda meh. Is the season pass still worth it for me?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I'm debating whether I wanna buy the Season Pass or not. I already have the Torgue DLC (which I got for free), so the question becomes do I spend $30 on the Season Pass or do I buy individual DLC chapters for $10. DLC 4 looks pretty great so I definitely want to get that one, but I'm still iffy about the others.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
So I'm playing BL2 on Steam, did some coop, everything fine and smooth and....10 Golden Keys out of nowhere. No Shift account yet, I bought the game what...yesterday? Common glitch or is some sort of banhammer heading my way for doing nothing wrong (except getting keys out of nowhere)? Yes I am quite paranoid.

Halcyon

So I'm playing BL2 on Steam, did some coop, everything fine and smooth and....10 Golden Keys out of nowhere. No Shift account yet, I bought the game what...yesterday? Common glitch or is some sort of banhammer heading my way for doing nothing wrong (except getting keys out of nowhere)? Yes I am quite paranoid.

Golden keys are worthless. You can literally give yourself 10 of then at a time just by logging into split screen.

They give you access to purples and etechs. You can get these from any red loot chest.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Golden keys are worthless. You can literally give yourself 10 of then at a time just by logging into split screen.

They give you access to purples and etechs. You can get these from any red loot chest.

I'm extremely compulsive about stuff like that. I already sent Gearbox a support ticket. I am a guy who restarted one level 50 character, pre-patch in the 360 version because I thought someone joined my game with a modded weapon.

You have no idea how insane I can be about this hahaha. I can totally visualize Valve/Gearbox looking at the Steam logs, like a freaking crack team ala Criminal Minds, with their offbeat genki analyst coming across my freaking account and seeing that I randomly got 10 keys.

Basically, I am way too obsessed about simple stuff like this. I should try to just enjoy the game, and not restart because of dumb stuff like this.

Halcyon

I'm extremely compulsive about stuff like that. I already sent Gearbox a support ticket. I am a guy who restarted one level 50 character, pre-patch in the 360 version because I thought someone joined my game with a modded weapon.

You have no idea how insane I can be about this hahaha. I can totally visualize Valve/Gearbox looking at the Steam logs, like a freaking crack team ala Criminal Minds, with their offbeat genki analyst coming across my freaking account and seeing that I randomly got 10 keys.

Basically, I am way too obsessed about simple stuff like this. I should try to just enjoy the game, and not restart because of dumb stuff like this.

Yes. You are clearly insane.

That aside the point still stands. The loot you get from the golden chest is easy to obtain elsewhere. You can farm legendaries or uniques/quest items and get much better stuff.

Cat Party

Are the DLCs only worth it if you're lvl 50? My Siren is 41, but im still doing the quests from the original game right now and im at the part where i need to save Roland, so its still pretty early. And if i buy DLCs, should i get the season pass, or only buy the good ones seperately?

I'm more interested into buying the lvl 61 upgrade, maybe the Mechromancer and the soon to be released Tiny Tina DLC, since i heard everything else is kinda meh. Is the season pass still worth it for me?

First two DLCs were killer. Great additions to the game. If you like Borderlands humor, Torgue's DLC is mandatory.

The third one is forgettable, though. But if TT's DLC is decent, then the Season Pass is a no-brainer.

DSmalls84

I am lvl 49 and pretty close to finishing TVHM on PC with Axton. Does anyone have any extra lvl 50 gear (don't care if it's duped or not) that they can give me to make it easier to farm?

Right now I just have a lvl 42 Maggie and the legendary shotgun Slappy drops. This is my first character on the pc version so any help is appreciated. Also looking for some groups to play coop with.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul

same here for xbox. anyways, glitch or not, Im sure Gearbox loved me so much that they gave me 10 GK's.

Thanx gearbox bros. I'll buy more DLC (post-tina one on the 25th of june) for B2 to show my appreciation.

DSmalls84

I could join you in about 30 if you are still there.

I'm off for today bit if you add me on steam ill be playing tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Does anyone have a good commando build? I feel like if I spec survival I don't do much damage but if I go gunpowder I can't take a hit. I might make a gunzerker I liked that class a lot when I played on 360.

Halcyon

I'm off for today bit if you add me on steam ill be playing tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Does anyone have a good commando build? I feel like if I spec survival I don't do much damage but if I go gunpowder I can't take a hit. I might make a gunzerker I liked that class a lot when I played on 360.

My commando is guerrilla/gunpowder at 61.

Survival is useless. Commando with a sham shield or tediore speedy shield is fairly invincible.

Any class can just use the rubi to heal.

With commando just get the skills that buff your turret. I like the kill skills and shield buffs.

Zertez

Really wish they would release the last DLC to keep more people interested in the game. The lvl increase was nice, but the new difficulty mode was a huge bust and not worth the headaches imo. This game died very quickly with all my friends and I got bored several weeks back with not many people to play online with. Only people I seem to find playing any more are people with hacked gear.

Marvie_3

Banned
Really wish they would release the last DLC to keep more people interested in the game. The lvl increase was nice, but the new difficulty mode was a huge bust and not worth the headaches imo. This game died very quickly with all my friends and I got bored several weeks back with not many people to play online with. Only people I seem to find playing any more are people with hacked gear.

Agreed. I don't mind a challenge but there are parts of UVHM that are just awful.

Zertez

I wouldnt go so far as call them worthless especially if you dont like cheating the system, hacking, duping etc. Personally I dont use any cheats as it is a slippery slope and if you are going to cheat for keys, why not go all the way and use hacked gear. It is easy to get game breaking gear, if you choose to go that route, just like almost every other loot game. It is much more rewarding for me to find the gear. Personal opinions aside, golden keys have their purpose, but they arent as useful as they once were.

They are best used leveling up when you get stuck or have a bad streak getting upgrades to drop. Once you hit max lvl, they help a little once you hit the cap, but getting upgrades to gear you have isnt too bad. UVHM is boring and tedious, but good loot isnt tough to find if you can work your way through it. Runs at max lvl in UVHM pay off much more often than runs at lvl 50 in True Vault Hunter Mode.

They will. When it's, you know, done.
Guess they are seeing the same thing with the game or heard some of us. June 25th isnt too far off.

Inside the Box: Fart Jokes and Tragedy

Hi. I’m Anthony Burch, Lead Writer on Borderlands 2 and all of its DLC. Today I’m going to talk a little bit about Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep, our new campaign DLC releasing June 25, but I’m mainly going to discuss the issue of Borderlands’s tone. Are we a comedy? An action game? Both? Can we ever be too goofy, or too serious? Where do the boundaries lie? I’ll try to give some answers to these questions.

Tiny Tina’s Assault on Dragon Keep is about a group of friends – Tina, Brick, Lilith, and Mordecai – playing a tabletop roleplaying game. As the player, you fight through Tina’s fantasy module as it exists in her imagination – this means that you get to fight orcs, skeletons, dwarves, and all other kinds of fantasy-centric stuff that wouldn’t make sense in the universe of Pandora. It also means that your explicit goal in the plot is relatively simple (and in honesty, sort of cliché): you’ve got to track down the evil Handsome Sorcerer who brought darkness to the land, and rescue the beautiful Queen of Flamerock Refuge from his evil clutches.

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/community/game/borderlands-2

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I freaking love BL2 but levelling a new Siren on PC after levelling 2 to 61 on console...Errr. Oh well. Must. Endure. To think I have to start up a Mechromancer and a Psycho soon. I only did co-op with friends so far. About online etiquette here...My pc headset is a busted piece of crap. Is it "normal" to jump in games silent? Or should I invest in a mic, if I intend to play with the rest of GAF in the future?

DSmalls84

I freaking love BL2 but levelling a new Siren on PC after levelling 2 to 61 on console...Errr. Oh well. Must. Endure. To think I have to start up a Mechromancer and a Psycho soon. I only did co-op with friends so far. About online etiquette here...My pc headset is a busted piece of crap. Is it "normal" to jump in games silent? Or should I invest in a mic, if I intend to play with the rest of GAF in the future?

I played a few games yesterday and it seemed like everyone was using the text chat. Is there a way to set up pc games where the game audio and the voice chat audio don't come through the headphones?

jediyoshi

LmnqqOB.jpg

Prop loot chests went on sale on thinkgeek,
and sold out immediately.

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f497/

Zertez

Yeah, no, they didn't decide to release it sooner because a few people complained.
I dont think it is people complaining as much as the recent dlc: lvl increase, new difficulty mode, and new vault hunter were disappointing and did not have much of an impact on the games health. People complaining was a by product. Rather than keep people interested and bring ppl back for long, it seemed to kill my friends list and for the most part my interest. It may just be me but the community seems to have died on ps3 and pc at least.

They talked about a possible season 2 and big future plans for the game, but things have been very quiet and the last dlc is releasing to little press. Who knows maybe they have something planned for e3. Even going by this thread the game died pretty quick. Having said all that the 4th dlc looks interesting but I have seen little info on it.

Cat Party

Agreed. I don't mind a challenge but there are parts of UVHM that are just awful.

And those parts are called Rabid Stalkers. I'm actually doing fine solo with a Siren, but it takes forever. The best loadout I have found is a Sham + Unkempt Harold, getting up close and Phaselocking all the time. But my Sham is level 50 and I am level 55 so god help me when even one bullet gets through. The thing I like about UVHM is that you can play any quest any time and you get properly leveled loot.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If I keep playing TVHM but buy the +11 lv pack, will the enemies scale up with me or will they be stuck at lv 50?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Had an insane run of Loot Midgets tonight including a Veruc, a Kerblaster, a Butcher and a Stalker, all 61. Also saw a Bearcat and an Unforgiven for they weren't 61. All within 5 runs. 2 Pearls in a single run too. Did they up the drop rate? Or blind luck? Or the host was a cheating basterd hahaha.

pants

Had an insane run of Loot Midgets tonight including a Veruc, a Kerblaster, a Butcher and a Stalker, all 61. Also saw a Bearcat and an Unforgiven for they weren't 61. All within 5 runs. 2 Pearls in a single run too. Did they up the drop rate? Or blind luck? Or the host was a cheating basterd hahaha.

Had 6 loot midgets spawn on me in one run as well.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
Well this blows....my badass stats are gone. Luckily, my tokens have not. I have 188 tokens waiting to be redeemed. this has happened to me once before last week when I received 10 tokens when I played online with someone else. It took me a while to get all my badass stats up again and to do it once more in the near future is a pain in the ass. So....Im wondering if any of you guys encountered this "bug" recently??

GearboxAdamF....any suggestions?

Cat Party

If I keep playing TVHM but buy the +11 lv pack, will the enemies scale up with me or will they be stuck at lv 50?

I think it all tops out at level 50 in TVHM, even if you have the level cap increase. Of course, some enemies in TVHM will be level 51 or 52, but that was always the case.

Is there a list of undocumented notes from the latest patch?

I started playing again with my friend and the game feels different in a lot of positive ways.

Is there a list of undocumented notes from the latest patch?

I started playing again with my friend and the game feels different in a lot of positive ways.

What platform are you playing on and how long has it been since you've played? There hasn't been a patch or hotfix on all three platforms since the middle of april. I'd chalk it up to the game feeling more fresh after a little break from it.

PC and I haven't played since about January I believe.

I'm just noticing more loot badasses, and better loot in general.

Today I say two yellow quality drops; prior to that I only ever saw one (in 80 hours of play).

Inskipp

PC and I haven't played since about January I believe.

I'm just noticing more loot badasses, and better loot in general.

Today I say two yellow quality drops; prior to that I only ever saw one (in 80 hours of play).
There hasn't been any direct indication that the droprate for legendaries was increased. Droprate does increase with more people, so maybe that extra player was enough to make a difference.

Or it could simply be dumb luck. I've seen legendaries drop from the strangest places.

supergiz

Is anyone around level 38? I have a gunzerker just finished the main game. Tried some of vault hunter mode but its very hard...

supergizo on xbox360

Zertez

11 more days till Tiny Tina's Assualt. Im really excited after seeing some of the Quick Looks. Still no word on a possible season 2, but I heard Gearbox was mainly demoing Tiny Tina dlc at E3.

Amon37

11 more days till Tiny Tina's Assualt. Im really excited after seeing some of the Quick Looks. Still no word on a possible season 2, but I heard Gearbox was mainly demoing Tiny Tina dlc at E3.

Yep I've haven't played in almost 3 weeks now. I was getting burned out and wanted to be fresh for this dlc.

Bisnic

Is there a way to load our previous save while you're currently playing? What I mean is that, for example, if i complete a quest with a reward that might give a fire gun, but i get something else, is there any way to quickly load my last save and try again without needing to shut down the game completely and restart it again? I don't see any option for this in the menu. If i quit using the Quit option in the menu, that will always save where im currently am and i wont be able to try getting a better reward.

Jezbollah

Is there a way to load our previous save while you're currently playing? What I mean is that, for example, if i complete a quest with a reward that might give a fire gun, but i get something else, is there any way to quickly load my last save and try again without needing to shut down the game completely and restart it again? I don't see any option for this in the menu. If i quit using the Quit option in the menu, that will always save where im currently am and i wont be able to try getting a better reward.

What platform are you on? What you are talking about is a common tactic to obtain the best quest rewards.

If you're on Xbox, save before you check the quest in, and then just dash and reload. If you're on PC, do the same but use Task Manager to end the game. Dont know what the method is correctly on PS3.

Bisnic

What platform are you on? What you are talking about is a common tactic to obtain the best quest rewards.

If you're on Xbox, save before you check the quest in, and then just dash and reload. If you're on PC, do the same but use Task Manager to end the game. Dont know what the method is correctly on PS3.

I'm on PC, and i just do alt+F4 to quickly shutdown and restart the game, its just a bit annoying having to go through all the starting logos and shit when i could easily have a "load previous game" option instead. :(

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Never realized the badass rank bonuses carries to all the characters you have. That's pretty helpful. I beat normal mode with Zero. Wanted to start over as Maya and realized this. It sucks that I can't go straight to TVHM with another character.

Wallach

Any of you guys know if there's a way to mess with the controller config through the .ini? I want something akin to the default but sprint on LClick drives me insane. I want to move stuff around like this:

Sprint -> LB
Action -> RB
Grenade -> RClick
Melee -> B
Crouch -> LClick

Trying their tech support forums too, but I thought someone here may know how to do this.

Top Bottom