• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

de1irium

Perfect ending, and overall really well done. You can tell this one was done in-house, as opposed to the other DLC's.

Raid boss is ridiculous. Got down to around 40% health, but then we all went down at once.
4 dragons of each element. At the same time. On a platform. Over lava. And I'm pretty sure they heal.

Perfect ending, and overall really well done. You can tell this one was done in-house, as opposed to the other DLC's.

Raid boss is ridiculous. Got down to around 40% health, but then we all went down at once.
4 dragons of each element. At the same time. On a platform. Over lava. And I'm pretty sure they heal.
Yeah how the hell do you kill them. What do you need? Weapons and such?

SRTtoZ

So I finished my first playthrough and am on my second with a lvl 38 character. TVHM is a lot better than the first playthrough because of the different enemy types. Plus ive found some sick loot so far...

Ill pick it back up tomorrow since I'm all borderlands' out for the day.

I want BL3 to have Xenoblade quest system. Auto turn in and auto completion upon finishing a quest. Also, if you already completed parts or the entire objective when receiving the quest, make it count.

I'm tired of fetch quest and backtracking back and forth walking to every NPC for turning in quests or having exploration limited by quests.

de1irium

Yeah how the hell do you kill them. What do you need? Weapons and such?

You absolutely need a party of 4. We were running 2x Commando, 2x Res Siren. I think a better lineup would have been a Gunzerker dual-weilding slag + elemental, instead of a 2nd commando, just for the extra dps.

A solid adaptive shield seems like a must to me. I was using a Maximal, but getting your hands on a Neogenerator or Evolution, or even the Hippocratic variation of the common adaptive shield, may be worth the trouble.

You'll also want some solid explosive weapons, RL or Torgue, for when
the dragons land and shield themselves

Positionally, I found myself doing well around the outer edge of the ring. But that may be because we had 3 turrets toward the center drawing aggro, as well as my teammates who seems to like to stay a little too bunched together.

And I guess the rest is just patience. Didn't get far enough to see whether any crazy gimmicks happen.

Glad you guys are enjoying it a whole bunch. Tons of love and passion from the devs went into this one :)

This is seriously one of the best DLC's I've ever seen. When you look as so much of the crap that gets passed as "content" by other devs ... you guys are doing it very right.

So I finished my first playthrough and am on my second with a lvl 38 character. TVHM is a lot better than the first playthrough because of the different enemy types. Plus ive found some sick loot so far...

Ill pick it back up tomorrow since I'm all borderlands' out for the day.

Started at lvl 33 on TVM mode - switched to normal mode. I've barely played the game since the initial release (so much DLC to catch up on), and never got into gear-farming, so had pretty crap gear.

Debating if I want to do it in normal mode, or go back to TVHM mode - level up a few times, then go back to the DLC. Got a little bit past
Duke of Orc
or whatever - but was just turning into a non-stop death fest. Crossed over from the 'hard-fun' to 'total-pain-in-the-ass'.

Switched back to Normal mode - and became much more reasonable, although still a bit of a challenge.

Seriously. So fucking frustrating trying to find your way through some places.

I know which area you're talking about (the castle area), and I think they did that on purpose. But man is it tough to navigate. I thought I had it down, but I SURE DIDN'T.

This was the best DLC easily, but it wouldn't have been as great had they released it first. It really built up and paid off the investment that we as players put into the characters they developed. Bravo indeed.

Gordon

Wow. Just wow. I couldn't put that game down last night. Dear Gearbox, I love you.

The enemies are difficult, but they're not just damage sponges, and they can level up surprisingly fast.
My first Duke got stuck on a fence, but the second one was an absolute nightmare. Ended up having to swap to my DPS gear and kite him for 20+ minutes/attempt. Died 6 or 7 times.
I like the various hitboxes too;
the skeletons are very appropriately difficult to hit, and the swathe that you carve with that lightning spell is so gratifying - reminds me of the master level lightning spell from Skyrim
As far as loot goes,
I got a green class mod from the new ones for my character, promptly followed by a purple one for every other character. And I play solo. :(
Oddly, I could equip the Krieg class mod on my Commando. It appeared to work - affecting my clip size IIRC, but obviously didn't give me any stat boosts.
I got two of the Lightning spells from some rather intense wizards towards the end of my session (I'm guessing like 80-90% of the way through the DLC - pretty sure I just have a boss fight left), and although I wish I had laid my hands on one sooner, it was extremely gratifying blasting dwarves and skeletons. I'm thinking of doing a respec for the sake of more grenade-focused skills.
Oh, and Moxxi's Crit was really frustrating. I came across it laying there, uninteractable, so I tracked down the quest, trekked all the way back, and then, well, then the quest played out. *Shakes fist at Gearbox* AND after all that, it flies out of my hands almost every reload. I get the joke - but I wanted to use the gun to shoot things, not just to make everybody giggle. lol
But yeah - when all is said and done, this is hands-down the most compelling gameplay I've experienced from BL2 to date, and I'm really looking forward to getting home and continuing.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I own none of the DLC...I'm going to assume I can wait until Summer Sale and hope some/all of it goes on sale?

That's my plan. I've seen the season pass for sale before and regret not getting it then, hopefully we'll see it again.

nbraun80

Loved the dlc, 3 buddies and I finished it last night on uvhm. Very challenging, but I'm definitely ready for bl3 on new hardware. You could tell that that amount of enemies and explosions on screen really brings down the frame rate. Still have to finish quite a,few sid missions the the main story was great, and glad to see the queen return. Haha :).

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
same thing I'm waiting on. Have a level 52 assassin just waiting for new content. I've done 95% of the missions in the game.

At the very least, you can get the season pass for $24 on GMG with the current 20% coupon. I'd still wait for steam summer sale though, though. $20 for season pass is my current no-thought impulse buy price the next time i see season pass.

Nebula

So the newest Raid boss is hard in a 4 player Co-op game but I think we managed to figure out a way to beat them consistently enough.

So we think that taking out Boost ASAP is the best method, but feel free to take out any other dragon that lands before Boost.

Healianth should also be a priority as I'm pretty sure he heals around half of all the other Dragons health. He also seems to have a larger health pool than the other Dragons so don't expect to kill him the first time he lands.

Boost levels up all the other Dragons except himself. He makes stuff a lot tougher so make sure he dies fast.

Incinerator will land and deflect bullets while he causes the stage to burn. If he lands on the 2nd ring, he will light the 2nd ring sections. If he lands on the very outside where the relics are, he will light entire middle area. Then he will light the second ring and then the relic areas. When he finishes lighting up the stage you can begin killing him.

Brood will just spawn smaller dragons/basilisks. Pretty easy to kill and the little dragons are a great way to gain kill skills.

Interfacers seem to do wonders here and the Dragons definitely represent each element found in Borderlands 2 (explosive excluded.) We did it with a commando using a Hoplite to tank. 2 Gunzerkers w/ Rubi and Double Harold and a Hellborn w/ some Bloodlust Krieg.

It's a challenge and takes some thinking to take these guys down. Hope I helped.

There's my 2 cents on the new Raid boss.

Great DLC and still playing now. Also
Butt Stallion drops legendaries sometimes when you feed her eridium.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
At the very least, you can get the season pass for $24 on GMG with the current 20% coupon. I'd still wait for steam summer sale though, though. $20 for season pass is my current no-thought impulse buy price the next time i see season pass.

Details? $24 is fair for me!

one85x

Thanks - I guess I should double check what the Season Pass includes? There's a LOT of DLC on Steam for this game...What does the pass cover?
The four campaign DLCs and the level cap increase. The skin packs, Mechromancer, and Krieg aren't included.

edit: The Mechromancer was a pre-order bonus.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The four campaign DLCs and the level cap increase. The skin packs, Mechromancer, and Krieg aren't included.

edit: The Mechromancer was a pre-order bonus

Cool, thanks. I have no desire to play either of them right now, so the DLC and level cap stuff are enough to please me.

LycanXIII

Alright, I need some help with something in the Immortal Woods.

Off to the side of where you fight the Ghost Kings, there is a path with two chairs you can examine.

What do I do there?

Wizman23

Banned
The amount of content in this game is mind blowing. I picked up the game at launch, got to about level 20 and then got consumed with all the other Fall releases and picked up a League of Legends addiction. I started playing about a month ago and finally finished the game at level 33. I'm up to level 38 now and still am working my way through the first pirate DLC which is a TON of content. I have not even touched the other 3 DLC's and am just in the starting area of Vault Hunter Mode. Can't wait to try the new DLC but I want to finish the pirate one and the other two first since it sounds like the new Tiny Tina one properly ends the game. Cursed Pirates can eat a big fat dick though!

Celcius

°Temp. member
So I'm guessing if this is the last dlc then we'll go to the moonbase in BL3?
I thought this was the best dlc in BL1 or BL2, definitely makes up for the 3rd one.
The whole time I thought Captain Scarlett would be the princess. The chests were reused from the first dlc but they look awesome so I didn't mind. It was good to see new enemy types as well. I wish I could redo my choice of armor for Ellie lol.
Also, it took so long to get to the castle I thought the interior would be an entire level, but it seems like you go straight from the dungeon to the roof lol.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Yeah, Torgue was great.

Pirate one was boring as fuck. Get Torgue and the new one.

Torque was so badass they even brought him back for Tiny Tina's DLC.

That "MMO" quest was funny with me trying to make them ragequit. :lol

Only up to the part where i havve to fight 4 Ghost Kings. Gave up after the first King took me over 5 mins to bring to 5% health, just to get killed by all the skeletons around. Guess i'll have to take some sniper rifle and do headshots next time...

What's good against skeletons? Corrosive or shock guns? Seems like shock guns are only good against shields, and even then i'd rather stick to corrosive or fire guns since shields go down fast anyway.

I just finished the main storyline in the new dlc. Pretty good overall, but TT is still an awful character. It didn't help the VA can't do emotional acting very well either.

Insaniac

Torque was so badass they even brought him back for Tiny Tina's DLC.

That "MMO" quest was funny with me trying to make them ragequit. :lol

Only up to the part where i havve to fight 4 Ghost Kings. Gave up after the first King took me over 5 mins to bring to 5% health, just to get killed by all the skeletons around. Guess i'll have to take some sniper rifle and do headshots next time...

What's good against skeletons? Corrosive or shock guns? Seems like shock guns are only good against shields, and even then i'd rather stick to corrosive or fire guns since shields go down fast anyway.

explosive seems to work the best for me

(praise torgue)

Top Bottom