• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

Halcyon

I'm trying to spec my Zer0 for melee I'm a bit confused as to what tree to take as my secondary. Bloodsehd is obvious but after that I'm stumped. Should i spec Cunning or Sniping as a back up.

I want max melee damage.

Bloodshed then cunning. The kunei give you a chance to death mark and slag a target. You get bonuses in melee in the cunning tree with counterstrike and a few others.

You'd need a rubi lovethumper rapier and hide of terramorphous to be useful in melee though.

Hey guys, I'm just starting out on this on PS3. Would anyone be interested in playing with me? I'll play with anyone but other new people would be ideal, haha.

PSN ID: SOGInferno

Has anyone had luck getting the head (Axton) to drop from the bunker? I'm probably at ~65 times and still nothing. I did get a Hornet and a Bitch so far but nothing in the head department. I'm almost convinced it falls off the ledge when it spawns and the game is consipiring against me.

I had it and mostly shared it with my friends, let me check if I still have a spare head.

LycanXIII

@echocasts is now "run" by Tiny Tina.

BLDvLzKCEAIYAYi.jpg

LowParry

So I'm getting back into the game and just hit lvl 50. I feel that I need to farm up some gear for my Mechromancer so what's the best way to approach this?

Halcyon

So I'm getting back into the game and just hit lvl 50. I feel that I need to farm up some gear for my Mechromancer so what's the best way to approach this?

Find a build that focuses on certain gear. Find what drops that gear and repeatedly kill it.

Treasure room I'm dlc 1 is also a viable solution but involves a glitch to keep doing it.

Chris R

You have to have gold to enter shift codes? What fucking bullshit.

Still no simple way to get myself to 50/61 right? Other than abusing Tiny Tina's quest?

Jezbollah

You have to have gold to enter shift codes? What fucking bullshit.

Still no simple way to get myself to 50/61 right? Other than abusing Tiny Tina's quest?

Tiny Tina was fixed ages ago. If you want to exploit 50->61 in UVHM, you need to do Marcus' weapon training mission using elementals, but with an infinity pistol and taping the trigger down. It'll take each character about 12 hours. lol.

Chris R

Tiny Tina was fixed ages ago. If you want to exploit 50->61 in UVHM, you need to do Marcus' weapon training mission using elementals, but with an infinity pistol and taping the trigger down. It'll take each character about 12 hours. lol.

Ah ok, I think I'm done playing the game on my 360 then. Come on Steam GOTY edition winter sale!

Few codes for people needing little help leveling. It says expiration is May 30th, but that is a long time for keys to last.

PC/Mac: CT53B-K3BX5-H5FTB-BTT3J-J995C
PS3: WBWTT-HJSC3-CW5K3-SJ5JJ-BJF69
360: K3CBB-5JFZC-J3S3R-5FTT3-W5RBR

https://twitter.com/gearboxsoftware/

PC/Mac: KBCJT-JJJ6W-9WXJB-BTBTJ-XJWTF
PS3: CB53J-XJZCB-5CC5B-H3WTJ-WX95B
360: K35T3-TJR95-TBS36-WXBT3-T35CS

http://www.facebook.com/borderlandsg...ocation=stream
PC works for the twitter version, but facebook is expired.

PC/Mac: 53K33-3W9JC-3ZFJT-J33TJ-BWBBW
PS3: WBKJB-FCFTB-66CCT-S3KBB-BB95Z
360: KTCBB-C6R39-CKS3F-56TT3-TXTCF

https://twitter.com/duvalmagic/
Expired, I didn't think it would still work.

Thanks

pants

Get a friend to throw a deathtrap that has a +kill time skill after beating the warrior, watch the rakks die, hang around few hours later = profit.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I killed my first ever raid boss yesterday, and solo no less. I decided to tackle Terramorphous with my level 50 Siren, and I used a combo of the Bee and the Fibber. It took my 6-7 tries since I kept dying to the stupid rock and fire tentacles, but I got him down eventually and managed to snag a Slayer of Terramorphous mod. It felt kind of cheesy sitting behind that rock and shooting him but hey it got the job done. I don't even know how you would fight this guy properly, it seems like he can wipe you out in two seconds flat if you're not standing behind that one rock.

Halcyon

I killed my first ever raid boss yesterday, and solo no less. I decided to tackle Terramorphous with my level 50 Siren, and I used a combo of the Bee and the Fibber. It took my 6-7 tries since I kept dying to the stupid rock and fire tentacles, but I got him down eventually and managed to snag a Slayer of Terramorphous mod. It felt kind of cheesy sitting behind that rock and shooting him but hey it got the job done. I don't even know how you would fight this guy properly, it seems like he can wipe you out in two seconds flat if you're not standing behind that one rock.

Its all about gear and exploiting stuff. The easiest way to do a lot of the raid bosses is to bee +sand hawk stuff as a siren.

That's kinda cheap though so I normally throw on my 1 sec tediore speedy shield or the neogenator.

A good way to stay alive us to use a rubi. This goes for any class. Rubi is the best way to heal yourself bar none. As a siren I use a binary slag rubi. I switch to it to slag/heal. Then just use whatever gun. Dpuh bitches slow hands etc.

BTW Terra always drops a class mod when he dies. You need a legendary siren mod.

So I've doing some light farming while I catch up on some shows on Netflix and Just had an unusual turn of events.

Killed Boom Bewm and got a Sticky Lobbed Bonus Package then moved on to Knuckle Dragger and got 2 Hornets in a row. So basically I got 3 lvl 61 Legendaries from 2 bosses in a row.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Its all about gear and exploiting stuff. The easiest way to do a lot of the raid bosses is to bee +sand hawk stuff as a siren.

That's kinda cheap though so I normally throw on my 1 sec tediore speedy shield or the neogenator.

A good way to stay alive us to use a rubi. This goes for any class. Rubi is the best way to heal yourself bar none. As a siren I use a binary slag rubi. I switch to it to slag/heal. Then just use whatever gun. Dpuh bitches slow hands etc.

BTW Terra always drops a class mod when he dies. You need a legendary siren mod.

Cool, I currently run around with a bunch of Moxxi weapons for their healing (Good Touch, Corrosive Rubi, Heartbreaker), but JDdelphin duped a ton of legendaries for me yesterday so I'm going through them to see what I wanna use. One of those happened to be a legendary Siren mod, so I'm running with that right now.

My plan for the time being is to beat all the side missions at level 50 before buying the season pass and working my way through the DLC. Hopefully once I make my way through all the missions I'll have good enough gear to get started on UVHM.

Halcyon

Cool, I currently run around with a bunch of Moxxi weapons for their healing (Good Touch, Corrosive Rubi, Heartbreaker), but JDdelphin duped a ton of legendaries for me yesterday so I'm going through them to see what I wanna use. One of those happened to be a legendary Siren mod, so I'm running with that right now.

My plan right now is to beat all the side missions at level 50 before buying the season pass and working my way through the DLC. Hopefully once I make my way through all the missions I'll have good enough gear to get started on UVHM.

The only things you need for uhvm is a slagga sham and a dpuh if you're strickly trying to level. That'll last you up to 55 or 56. After that you can just use better gear or farm loot midgets to get gear to level to 61.

Its really not that hard with a siren though. Ruin + converge is a pretty nasty combo.

Finally beat my first raid boss with a friend. Shit was epic, I was down on the main level as Axton and my friend was higher up as Zero. We were doing fine with the ton of ammo and grenades dropped from the tentacles and that Terramorphus targeted my turret when it was out. At the end though we both were down and no tentacles to revive from, but we managed to get him at the last second. Feels good man.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
The only things you need for uhvm is a slagga sham and a dpuh if you're strickly trying to level. That'll last you up to 55 or 56. After that you can just use better gear or farm loot midgets to get gear to level to 61.

Its really not that hard with a siren though. Ruin + converge is a pretty nasty combo.

I have a Slagga and a DPUH I think, so I guess I'll focus on using those for now.

24 minute walkthrough of the new DLC. Looks pretty good.

Looks great. Will buy.

I hope the new weapons spice up my characters a bit(hoping for 300% melee)

SOOOO glad I got the DLC season pass. The preview vid was fantastic. I am afraid I won't know the Game of Thrones references though :/ and I've only played D&D maybe twice, so hopefully I will understand some of those references as well.

I cannot wait to see what new goodies there are and all of the new content.

JDdelphin

Word. That's the neatest thing about the legendaries to me- a lot of them don't SEEM all that great 'on paper' but the crazy abilities/properties for some are just astounding O_O

I know I gave you a dpuh, a slagga, a reactive conference call and a buuunch of launchers...

-and if anyone else wants dupes on 360 [I could take stuff in trade too] lemme know!

h3ro

Word. That's the neatest thing about the legendaries to me- a lot of them don't SEEM all that great 'on paper' but the crazy abilities/properties for some are just astounding O_O

I know I gave you a dpuh, a slagga, a reactive conference call and a buuunch of launchers...

-and if anyone else wants dupes on 360 [I could take stuff in trade too] lemme know!
Yes! Need level 50 loot if possible!

jediyoshi

What is his background if anyone is kind to interpreting for me.

From what I see in the comment is that he might be Tina's father or what?

It only really goes over the nature of his character, nothing specific background wise.

Crux of the short: Krieg has a coherent, cooler headed, inner monologue. His outbursts and spoken dialogue are more along the lines of uncontrollable tics.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If you play UTVHM without the +11 lv DLC, do the enemies stay lv50 like you or do they go up to lv 61 anyway?

It only really goes over the nature of his character, nothing specific background wise.

Crux of the short: Krieg has a coherent, cooler headed, inner monologue. His outbursts and spoken dialogue are more along the lines of uncontrollable tics.

I now have the image of Kreig going around with a Sherlock Holmes-inner monologue, but with really, really eloquent Hannibal Lector-style tomfoolery.

Boo! No subtitles.

What is his background if anyone is kind to interpreting for me.

From what I see in the comment is that he might be Tina's father or what?

If he is Tina's father then his background is basically.

Fleshstick the Bandit kindnapped Tina, Krieg and the Unknown mother. He then sold them to hyperion for Slag experiments (likely under Handsome Jack) Tina's mother made her hide a grenade in her dress (that's why she is an explosive nut) and she used it to escape. She presumed her mom and dad are dead and sometime later met with the original vault hunters (at least Roland and Brick)

Krieg goes crazy from the Slag experiments his original self reverting inside his mind and the dominant personality being the Poop train conducting Psycho you see on the forefront. Some how he escapes the Underground Hyperion Lab

He came across Maya as she was in transit between trains to the train from the intro movie. Respected/Loved her on first sight, Helped her in a fight and then clung to the side of the train that jack destroyed.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Ahhhhh yeah, I finally got a lv 50 Bee shield and sold my lv 48 version. Just looking at the stats seems like a significant upgrade. Now I'll farm the Bar Brawl for Torgue Tokens and see what all the fuss is about with the Unkempt Harold.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I played this game for hundreds of hours on Xbox 360 but for some reason, I feel compelled to buy it on Steam and start all anew there. Crazy idea but...I need it haha.

Cat Party

Ahhhhh yeah, I finally got a lv 50 Bee shield and sold my lv 48 version. Just looking at the stats seems like a significant upgrade. Now I'll farm the Bar Brawl for Torgue Tokens and see what all the fuss is about with the Unkempt Harold.

Unkempt Harold is great. I always have that equipped. Best gun for fight for your life.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I played this game for hundreds of hours on Xbox 360 but for some reason, I feel compelled to buy it on Steam and start all anew there. Crazy idea but...I need it haha.

Since Krieg just came out, now would actually be a great time to start a new game/character...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is there any way to reset bonus stats from badass ranks? Even on PC? I regret some past decisions(mainly melee damage, not like i need it for my Siren) All i see is an option to turn them off.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Is there anyone with an extra steam key for this game? My friend got this on sale a little while ago and has been playing it a bunch. But he kicking himself for not getting a multi-pack to hook me and another friend up so we can play together.

I really wanna throw down with him, but not for $40 dollars...

I got some misc steam gifts to trade if anyone's got a BL2 leftover from their own 4-pack purchase.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I went crazy and actually purchased the game and all the DLC off Steam (with some help from Greenmangaming). Hundreds more hours incoming!

Edit. And joined the GAF group. Loot on!

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I never anticipated the difference between console and PC BL2 to be this huge. It's like playing two differents games. It's all about the fine little details. Plus it runs fluid as all hell. I'm not much of a PC gamer so yes, stuff like that is all new to me. But man...I spent over a hundred hours playing such a version I didn't realize was so gimped hahaha.

Top Bottom