• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT2| You missed the Conference Call, next time don't Bee late.

A little help is appreciated guys.

I stopped playing in January due to the fact that I wanted to wait for all the DLC. I only got oné character on Level 35 after having finished the first playthrough, and now I want to start TVHM mode with him.

Should I reach the Warrior with him when I am level 50, beat that boss and then start every single DLC, or should I wait until I reach level 61?

I honestly do not know what is the best approach.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I seriously doubt you'll be able to reach lvl 50 by doing normal mode only. Unless you wanna kill millions of enemies who gives 1 XP. You gotta do TVHM to get to 50 and the best time to start TVHM is around the lvl you are right now, and even then you wont be able to reach lvl 61 with this mode either. I'm 53 right now in TVHM and i'll probably be 54 when im done with Tiny Tina DLC. All other quests from the main game and DLCs are completed for me. Most enemies only give like less than 50XP and quests gives 2k or 4k XP... so its fucking slow. I'll go with UVHM once im done with Tiny Tina DLC.

I seriously doubt you'll be able to reach lvl 50 by doing normal mode only. Unless you wanna kill millions of enemies who gives 1 XP. You gotta do TVHM to get to 50 and the best time to start TVHM is around the lvl you are right now, and even then you wont be able to reach lvl 61 with this mode either. I'm 53 right now in TVHM and i'll probably be 54 when im done with Tiny Tina DLC. All other quests from the main game and DLCs are completed for me. Most enemies only give like less than 50XP and quests gives 2k or 4k XP... so its fucking slow. I'll go with UVHM once im done with Tiny Tina DLC.

You can get to 50 in PT1 pretty easily if you farm Terra. I did it with a group Its really worthless to do so. The best way to level now is speedrun PT1 and TVHM and then play UVHM once you hit the cap restart UVHM and start grinding orange and pearls and grabbig lvl61 quest rewards.

I'd go in to the DLC in UVHM personally.

Is Tiny Tina's DLC the fourth expansion for the Season Pass?

I see that Scarlett, Torgue, Hammerlock and the UVHM Level Cap are in it, but no mention of the fourth add-on and it says all content will be out by June 2013.

Do they consider the UVHM Level Cap to be the fourth add-on?

PriitV

Is Tiny Tina's DLC the fourth expansion for the Season Pass?

I see that Scarlett, Torgue, Hammerlock and the UVHM Level Cap are in it, but no mention of the fourth add-on and it says all content will be out by June 2013.

Do they consider the UVHM Level Cap to be the fourth add-on?

Tiny Tina is the fourth expansion of the Season Pass.

Bisnic

You can get to 50 in PT1 pretty easily if you farm Terra. I did it with a group Its really worthless to do so. The best way to level now is speedrun PT1 and TVHM and then play UVHM once you hit the cap restart UVHM and start grinding orange and pearls and grabbig lvl61 quest rewards.

I'd go in to the DLC in UVHM personally.

Is UVHM as hard as people say? I'm doing Tiny Tina DLC in TVHM with a bunch of lvl 50 purple guns/grenade/shield and 1 orange corrosive shotgun and it can still be challenging once in a while. Like those Ghost Kings who could destroy 100% of my shield and ¼ of my health in one hit with their mace and took god knows how many headshots with a 28k damage blue Jakobs sniper I thankfully kept in my inventory for a while.

Is UVHM as hard as people say? I'm doing Tiny Tina DLC in TVHM with a bunch of lvl 50 purple guns/grenade/shield and 1 orange corrosive shotgun and it can still be challenging once in a while. Like those Ghost Kings who could destroy 100% of my shield and ¼ of my health in one hit with their mace.

I have not started Tiny Tina yet but UVHM is still a fairly trivial bar the odd exception with any of my lvl 61 builds but I have them well spec'd with mostly oranges. The best option is to just try it. Its going to be better if you have a balanced group of player. A siren for res, a smg siren for damage, a gunzerker and something like a mechro might be the best group to run with.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
In case anyone didn't see the thread in General, Amazon is having a bananas BL2 sale right now. $22 for BL1 GOTY edition, BL2, and season pass. Individual games and DLC are 50% off. Just got Krieg for $5.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, Torgue was great.

Pirate one was boring as fuck. Get Torgue and the new one.

The only DLC I have is Torgue, and I got that one for free. I was going to wait for an XBL sale on the season pass but at this point it seems like people think the 1st and 3rd DLC chapters were kinda boring, and UVHM seems to be hit and miss. Maybe I'll just pick up the 4th DLC and call it a day.

Aggrotek

Has anyone else had scaling issues with this DLC? I loaded it up we went through the whole thing but all the quests and loot were locked to 35. Enemies would go as high as 41 if leveled up.

This was on TVHM. I couldn't figure out why it wasn't scaling with us.

scoobs

Just recently started catching up on the DLCs... that big game hunt one was just annoying. Did they have to make the witch doctors such pains in the ass? Also, final boss = too hard solo lol

The fiancee and I have been playing this DLC pretty much nonstop and we LOVE it. The enemy variety is fantastic and the quests are quite funny at times. This is easily my favorite BL2 DLC.

neoism

just got a 60mb steam update anyone know whats it for..?
nm

Borderlands 2 Update Released
Product Update - Valve
- Fixed an issue that caused the game to crash after the player had more than 240 missions in their mission log.
- Added the ability to preview and purchase add-on characters from the 'New Game' character selection screen and when joining another player's game and choosing your character.
- Added un-purchased campaign add-ons to the Fast Travel station list to streamline the ability to purchase the new content. These locations appear with an asterisk next to their names.

Kreig is fun. I feel like I'm playing a unique character rather than the almost interchangeable default four. Hopefully the four in BL3 will be as unique as Gaige and Kreig.

Celcius

°Temp. member
What's the deal with
spatula kahn?
Is he just there for show or does he ever have a quest?

edit: I'm frustrated - why does it cost eridium just to fight a raid boss? I just spent 50 to upgrade my backpack and now I don't have 20. Seems really unnecessary...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
OK, so I'm going to start fresh.

What's the best route to take? Rush story of normal, do DLC, into TVHM, DLC again, UVHM with all sidequests, DLC with all sidequests?

E: Also, if I bought the Season Pass, are the only things not included Mechromancer and Krieg?

jediyoshi

Playing through assault on dragon keep right now.

So much Lilith. Makes this basically DLCOTY.

Sorry ME3 Citadel.

E: Also, if I bought the Season Pass, are the only things not included Mechromancer and Krieg?

Basically. Though they opened the floodgates on a lot of customization DLC that also isn't included.

Bisnic

I just slapped
Jeffrey
a bunch of times in that particular quest. Felt good. And i loved all their comments after this, it was like reading the GAF threads about book readers and non-book readers.

I just killed
Handsome Dragon
, i guess there is only one or two zones left?

And yeah the Siren is great for solo with the Ruin skill. Take this with the Converge skill from the Motion tree, Sweet Release and Wrek in the Harmony tree, not to mention all the other skills in the Cataclym tree and Phaselock gets very OP.

My main is a Siren and once you get Ruin you can basically annihilate crowds of enemies. She's not great at solo'ing bosses though, but for the majority of your playthrough she'll do you fine.

Siren sounds like my kinda class then. I've been hearing people solo raid bosses. Which class do they go with?

SRTtoZ

Siren sounds like my kinda class then. I've been hearing people solo raid bosses. Which class do they go with?

Ive seen both Commando and Gunzerker both solo raid bosses. The commando is very solo friendly since your turret(s) act as pets and take aggro off you. My favorite class so far.

Ive seen both Commando and Gunzerker both solo raid bosses. The commando is very solo friendly since your turret(s) act as pets and take aggro off you. My favorite class so far.

I think I'll give gunzerker a try. I do tend to run in and shoot everything so it does seem to go with my playstyle haha.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Spent a bit over 2 hours last night getting started with Krieg. Really enjoying it. On my first character I accidentally skipped all of hammerlocks early quests and when right to flynt, and this time I actually did them so I'm already a couple levels higher than I was at this point on Zer0.

Anoregon

Also, I'm really looking forward to getting a few decent elemental weapons and diving into the Hellborn tree. It looks like a lot of fun, and potentially really effective.

Boredom already sat in after a day. I am glad I did not bought Tiny Tina's DLC. The fact that UVHM makes the game freaking impossible in solo has left a sour taste in my mouth, and it is necessary to have that in order to reach Level 61 unless I want to grind for 30+ hours and that is not my intention.

I want to level up and enjoy the story while doing it. The last 11 levels are making that nigh impossible. Grinding is not my way of having fun. I must have seen Pyro Pete for 7 times since I bought the game Day 1.

I have yet to touch any of the dlc because I cant find a good weapon from any of the loot drops. I guess not playing for a good 9 months I dont know any of the farming spots or where to get best weapons. If anyone is still playing add me on steam and help a brotha

Bisnic

Give the Mecromancer a try. She's a ton of fun to play with.

Beat the new DLC last night, I really enjoyed it.

It sucks that Mechromancer has a whole tree balanced around Anarchy, and I don't like how Anarchy works. I'm the kind of guy who reload at every opportunity, and Anarchy really doesn't work well with that. Guess i'll use the trees working around her robot.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
It sucks that Mechromancer has a whole tree balanced around Anarchy, and I don't like how Anarchy works. I'm the kind of guy who reload at every opportunity, and Anarchy really doesn't work well with that. Guess i'll use the trees working around her robot.

The whole point of that tree is to fundamentally change the way you play the game, which I think is pretty intelligent on the part of the designers. It's like Krieg, who has a tree balanced around setting yourself on fire, which is something you try to avoid. I think that adds flavor (although granted I don't have either of those characters so I haven't tried this out for myself).

Jezbollah

So Anarchy is a damage multiplier that goes up either on reload or by killing someone. I'm a fan of Fighting Cowboy's builds - take a look at this and I hope you may get a better understanding. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c65uGxCF1yM

Looks like this build (and Anarchy in general) isnt as effective at level 61 though.

DdBpRxd.jpg

New SHIFT Codes!!

The fiancee and I have been playing this DLC pretty much nonstop and we LOVE it. The enemy variety is fantastic and the quests are quite funny at times. This is easily my favorite BL2 DLC.

Same here. Wife and I beat the raid bosses a few days ago, shit took a long, long time (especially because we killed Fire and not Slag first :/); but the rewards afterwards were pretty good--found a pink shotgun (forgot the name, shoots circle patterned bullets), and a pretty good pistol; though not quite as good as my Double Unkempt Harold.

Siren and Gunzerker ftw. Going to try it with Gaige later.

Top Bottom