• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Swag

Mo the Hawk said:
15-second timeout timer always runs out when trying to connect to Gods_Beard. I have a game up - see if any of you guys can join, just to make sure I'm not completely fucked.

What's your game name?

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Anyone wanna try out some co-op on PC? GamspyID: BravoSuperStar

I'm lvl 9 soldier.

Added you and sent an invite but I think something is wrong with my ports, can you host?

Alex

TurtleSnatcher said:
Theres a guy playing it on JTV.. looks real smooth.. he says you can change key binds?

Yeah.I put melee on Mouse-4 and grenades on Mouse-5.

There are def more enemies per pack on the PC, it was not quite this dense on the console versions. I was wondering why it felt a little harder, I got downed like 4 times in Skag Gully.

Teknoman

Mr. Snrub said:
Never realized until your first picture that there is a huge Skag skeleton in the valley.
And your sentiments match mine exactly. Game is GREAT, love exploring. I had a few great loot drops, guns, shields, and otherwise.

Now just need this Windows 7 bug to get fixed...

Yup they keep growing until someone or something kills it :lol

Remember: Your game will say Joinable: No, unless you play in Host mode.

Xabora

Ahh hahaha, oh this is sweeeet!

I think I found a way to customize weapon looks and whatnot on the PC Version. :lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Xabora said:
Ahh hahaha, oh this is sweeeet!

I think I found a way to customize weapon looks and whatnot on the PC Version. :lol

re-skin/fileswap? lol......................................................................... :lol

Alex said:
Yeah.I put melee on Mouse-4 and grenades on Mouse-5.

There are def more enemies per pack on the PC, it was not quite this dense on the console versions. I was wondering why it felt a little harder, I got downed like 4 times in Skag Gully.
Holy shit these guys on JTV are getting RAPED in Skag Gully :lol

EDIT: Can my PC run this?

I got a Geforce 7900
2GB of Ram
Athlon x2 6000+

Swag

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Not letting me join anyones games...I dont get the option or the timer counts out.

Tried to join your game but it timed out, I really hate how there's no chat function with Gamespy

Sebulon3k said:
Tried to join your game but it timed out, I really hate how there's no chat function with Gamespy

Yeah same happens when I try to join after you invite me. I've never had a problem hosting/joining other games. I'm using a dlink dir-655 router w/ comcast cable modem...

Edit: and when I click join game from the menu it froze the game.

Zzoram

Zeliard said:
Is anyone having fun playing single-player, or should this be mostly limited to playing in co-op?

I have a level 30 Brick all from single player. It's really fun single player. I have a level 15 Ronald from splitscreen co-op. It's more fun co-op.

Teknoman

Alright my game is up. Oh if you are using the steam version, join the GAF borderlands group. As far as the timeouts, possibly just server load issues...but just remember to always play in host mode.

Swag

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Yeah same happens when I try to join after you invite me. I've never had a problem hosting/joining other games. I'm using a dlink dir-655 router w/ comcast cable modem...

No clue what I'm using, my college runs everything :lol . Me and Ahoy had some trouble but eventually it ended up working perfectly.

Is anyone else experiencing Game lock ups when going through the server list?

Teknoman

Sebulon3k said:
No clue what I'm using, my college runs everything :lol . Me and Ahoy had some trouble but eventually it ended up working perfectly.

Is anyone else experiencing Game lock ups when going through the server list?

Yup. Public server list locks things up for a few. Not a total freeze, but just seems to not respond for a few seconds.

datamage

What bug are you guys talking about in Win 7 RC1 ? That's what I'm using and the game is running fine. (Unless it's something related to MP- which I haven't tried yet.)

Mrbob

Zeliard said:
Is anyone having fun playing single-player, or should this be mostly limited to playing in co-op?

Yeah I think so if you like these types of games. The treadmill will keep you going until you max out and then the game plateaus. Then you make a new character and begin anew.

Swag

Teknoman said:
Yup. Public server list locks things up for a few. Not a total freeze, but just seems to not respond for a few seconds.

What's your Gamespy ID so we can get to your game without going through the server list?

Fixed my problem. Game is going to be patched to fix this, but I had to change my Documents folder to default (I had it on its own partition). Woo!

Boonoo

Alright! I got the online working, and I played through the first boss with my brother. I'm really digging this now. I'll have to take a look at the rest of those tweaks, enabling vsync helped a bunch.

Teknoman

Sebulon3k said:
I hosted a public game called "NeoGaf", I also now have no lag :lol . Was wondering why my headshots were so off

I think that one other guy when we were playing was causing abit of lag too. Mr something? After he left, that Badass psycho ambushed me, but all my shots were spot on.

Boonoo

SuperEnemyCrab said:
Under friends it shows your game and it lets me try to join but just counts out.

That was happening to my brother when he tried to join my games until I opened up the right ports. Here's what they say in the readme.

To host an online game, the following ports need to be opened / pushed to the host's internal IP address:
7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)

http://www.2kgames.com/borderlands/support/

Teknoman

Boonoo said:
That was happening to my brother when he tried to join my games until I opened up the right ports. Here's what they say in the readme.

To host an online game, the following ports need to be opened / pushed to the host's internal IP address:
7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)

http://www.2kgames.com/borderlands/support/

Maybe its just me, but it gets kinda annoying when you have to do things like this.

Tokubetsu

Which one do I stick with?!?!
2din91k.jpg

6ht9v6.jpg

Alex

I like Claptrap, I just wish he had more lines. They made this web mini-series with him but he only has a handful of lines in the game.

Alex

Tokubetsu said:
Which one do I stick with?!?!
2din91k.jpg

6ht9v6.jpg

Second.

Hyperion guns tend to be superior, also, learn to ignore weapon rarity and level reqs a lot of the time. Their item budget seems to be a little wonky.

Tokubetsu

Alex said:
Second.

Hyperion guns tend to be superior, also, learn to ignore weapon rarity and level reqs a lot of the time. Their item budget seems to be a little wonky.

I should add that the top one is 10 but it flashe "x2" when i look at it in the menu. What does that mean?

Alex

Tokubetsu said:
I should add that the top one is 10 but it flashe "x2" when i look at it in the menu. What does that mean?

Oh, that means 2x bullets fired then. I'm not sure how that works with an SMG, if it's just a huge damage hike, with a shotgun its just the spread.

So what's the online like in this game? I'm thinking about getting this with my BF, but does the online play like a story? Or is it more similar to Resistance 2's co-op?

ugh... i have to open ports? let me see what i can take out. now i just need to figure out which is ps3 and just let it be under dmz to make room.

bounchfx

PC online doesn't fucking work. I don't know if it's because GameSpy is a piece of shit or if it's because there's something wrong with the netcode in the game itself, but me and my friends have tried for over an hour with no luck. I even try to go see if a pub game will work but the game will just freeze on the 'server select'

if they don't have this shit patched up tomorrow I am seriously considering asking for a refund and just getting the 360 one. argh.

it's a fun game but the fact that I can't even do MP is killer.

Sebulon3k said:
Can't connect to SuperEnemyCrab or Tenko's games, talk about epic MP fuck up :lol

Yeah, I couldn't get into Gods_Beard, Teknoman_EX or your games. Even with ports forwarded. The hell....way to phone in the online for PC gearbox...

Top Bottom