• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

drizzle said:
So, while playing with my soldier, I found a class mod that I won't ever use (+2 defense, +1 shield regeneration). I wasn't going to sell it just yet (maybe drop to a friend online or change my skill points around), but then I saw this for sale:

ItemCard00000.jpg

I'm only level 17, but it's the first "good" item i found. I sold my class mod whateverness and bought that instead. Now with a skill respec, i'm finally having some fun playing as soldier.

Right click the item in the inventory, click on "screenshot"

I don't find it really that useful, it's more efficient to take a screenshot with fraps that goes straight to my dropbox public directory.

Edit: stealth edits are fun

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Peronthious said:
Right click the item in the inventory, click on "screenshot"

I don't find it really that useful, it's more efficient to take a screenshot with fraps that goes straight to my dropbox public directory.

Edit: stealth edits are fun
Indeed they are, :D

It's not very useful indeed. The damn resulting file is a .BMP that's HUGE with the weapon description in the middle, which you have to crop to properly use it. Might as well just press printscreen.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The hoops you need to jump through to get private matches working are simply ridiculous. They should just add a password feature to the public matches option and call it a day.

pubba

MMaRsu said:
Holy shit this game is fucking awesome

Yes. Yes it is.

I just destroyed 'Mad Mel'. Game is amazing! I've been playing solo and can't wait to go through it all again with a friend.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Oh god damn this thread is making me sad :(

already beat the game once but never found any quick health regeneration shield, or any awesome ass weapon. The best thing for me was a 119 attack full auto assault rifle (not one of those 3 burst one's that have small clips).

gundamzeta209 said:
Hey... I after I recieved some update today. I noticed that the phasewalk for siren is a little different now. Before, if lilith was to phase walk and then Melee, the phasewalk would end instantaneously. Now, after a melee during a phasewalk, there is a slight delay before the phasewalk ends. I don't know if it makes a big deal in terms of damage, but i know it's damned annoying.
How is it annoying? Now you can actually tell how much damage you're dealing from a melee and then from Phase Blast.

I'm loving Phase Strike, too. Popping a dude's head off with a melee and setting everyone around him on fire never gets old.

Jason

I might be overlooking something here but why do I have to change my settings (invert look, sensitivity etc.) every time I load my file? It says it's saving after I make the changes. :|

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I have a question, with the Gun Crazy skill,
(Gun Crazy – When using Pistols(both repeater pistols and revolvers) you have a chance to fire 2 shots with each pull of the trigger instead of just 1. Starts off with an 8% chance to fire 2 shots.)

If I have a Masher, which shoots 7 shots per round, does that mean I shoot 8 shots wit this skill, or 14 shots with this skill? I would love to know, I guess I can test it out on the ground... I will experiment right now.

Edit: Fuck me, it's 14.

Edit2: New question, anyone know where I can farm pistols? :D

Teknoman

chandoog said:
Oh god damn this thread is making me sad :(

already beat the game once but never found any quick health regeneration shield, or any awesome ass weapon. The best thing for me was a 119 attack full auto assault rifle (not one of those 3 burst one's that have small clips).

Did you ever play co-op or start on 2nd playthrough?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Is this game worth playing solo? I had planned on playing with a friend, but he's already level 10+ and I will not get it until Monday. :\ I mainly got it to play with him, so I can always exchange it for something else if it's not worth it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ICallItFutile said:
Is this game worth playing solo? I had planned on playing with a friend, but he's already level 10+ and I will not get it into Monday. :\ I mainly got it to play with him, so I can always exchange it for something else if it's not worth it.
Yeah. I've got the same question...

ICallItFutile said:
Is this game worth playing solo? I had planned on playing with a friend, but he's already level 10+ and I will not get it into Monday. :\ I mainly got it to play with him, so I can always exchange it for something else if it's not worth it.

IT is top notch fun solo, so dont toss it!! It is also made so you will level up quickly if you play with someone of a higher level - which means if you play a while with him you will catch up.

ICallItFutile said:

level 10 is like 2 hours, if that. Get it.

Mr YuYu

Shoogoo said:

I got the exact some gun (name and all) but the only difference is that mine only does 72*7 damage. I think i found it in one of those red crates. It's one of my favorite guns actually.

ICallItFutile said:
Is this game worth playing solo? I had planned on playing with a friend, but he's already level 10+ and I will not get it until Monday. :\ I mainly got it to play with him, so I can always exchange it for something else if it's not worth it.

It is.

Also, I've had great luck playing with people online. So far everyone I've played with has cooperated nicely and split loot evenly.

Give that a shot.

Plus, if your friend is way higher leveled then you, you'll power level to his point quite quickly, plus I'm sure he'd be compelled to create a new character to start up with you. The game is just that much fun.

I'm having trouble with the "Hidden Journal: Arid Badlands" mission. I'm on the last pickup, but there's a problem. A level 25 Mathrakk or whatever it's called is circling the area. I'm level 15, so it's kind of difficult. The mission is supposed to be for level 13's. Is this a bug or are you supposed to circumvent the thing somehow?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just coming back to this thread to officially confirm that rockets kick major ass.

With the Brick:

+15% Explosive damage
+5 magazine size
+20% reload speed
+30% recoil reduction
+50% damage for a bit with every kill
+60% fire rate
+Rocket Regen

After killing one of the bosses we got "The Roaster" rocket launcher, which does 450 damage x 3 (shoots a rocket helix), so each shot is doing roughly 1500 damage of explosive, while then lighting the person on fire. This fire is literally burning people at some crazy rate, like 500 damage per second for 5 seconds after this...it may be more.

We just started our second playthrough and nothing survives my rockets, and due to the AoE nature of the explosion, I crisp multiple enemies at the same time.

Rocket haters just don't know what's up.

VibratingDonkey said:
I'm having trouble with the "Hidden Journal: Arid Badlands" mission. I'm on the last pickup, but there's a problem. A level 25 Mathrakk or whatever it's called is circling the area. I'm level 15, so it's kind of difficult. The mission is supposed to be for level 13's. Is this a bug or are you supposed to circumvent the thing somehow?
Did you join someone's game who was ahead of you in the story? Sounds like you glitched the Mothrakk into showing up way ahead of when it normally is supposed to.

Oh, and rockets definitely suck. You can do much more damage faster with any other weapon. I have god's rocket launcher, and I still kill faster with just about every other weapon.

VibratingDonkey said:
Just run past it

Yasser said:
man, i was so excited when i got my 1st epic (the boneshredder iirc) but then 10seconds later i find a green smg that blows it out the water >_<

Boneshredder isn't technically an "epic" (purple). Oranges are.

SailorDaravon said:
I've got the Level 48 or so version of this (I think the damage is around 147*11 with x3 Explosion), and even with my Siren who only has a Shotgun proficiency of 10 or so, I completely decimate stuff if it gets near me.

This was for sale for me for 100k, but I had just bought a bunch of other shit :(

Also, WHAT THE HELL IS WITH SNIPER RIFLE MAGNIFICATION? Seems like 90% have 1x zoom. Has anyone found a sniper rifle with >3x magnification?

RubxQub

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Oh, and rockets definitely suck. You can do much more damage faster with any other weapon. I have god's rocket launcher, and I still kill faster with just about every other weapon.
Kind of hard to explain how I'm killing faster than both the people I'm playing with any other way than "rockets kick ass".

The people burning after the initial damage is INSANE.

Your partners have shitty gear then. Any other weapon with elemental tech is better. Rockets are only halfway decent if you waste a bunch of skill points with Brick.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
The PS3 patch made the game much snappier. Picking up items isn't as slow and laggy as before. Loading is indeed a bit faster, I was surprised.

Just waiting for this game to end now though, my friends and I are level 32 ish and I'm getting a bit tired of it.

Red

Mr. Snrub said:
Boneshredder isn't technically an "epic" (purple). Oranges are.

This was for sale for me for 100k, but I had just bought a bunch of other shit :(

Also, WHAT THE HELL IS WITH SNIPER RIFLE MAGNIFICATION? Seems like 90% have 1x zoom. Has anyone found a sniper rifle with >3x magnification?
2.6x is the best I've found I think. The best on a gun I've actually used, anyway. Bullets are slow though, I'd guess that anything with x3 zoom or better would be pretty difficult to actually hit guys with.

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Did you join someone's game who was ahead of you in the story? Sounds like you glitched the Mothrakk into showing up way ahead of when it normally is supposed to.

Yeah, that's what I'm suspecting may have happened. :\ Is there a way to glitch it back you think? Worth a shot.

Managed to sneak behind it and steal the tape. It only almost killed me as it got peeved when I mauled down its little ones. Seems to be a pretty docile thing otherwise actually.

RubxQub

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Your partners have shitty gear then. Any other weapon with elemental tech is better. Rockets are only halfway decent if you waste a bunch of skill points with Brick.
Based on my play experience, I'm going to have to strongly disagree.

Chrange

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:

If you 'waste' a bunch of skill points to make rocket launchers awesome, doesn't that seem like it's not a waste?

RubxQub said:
Kind of hard to explain how I'm killing faster than both the people I'm playing with any other way than "rockets kick ass".

The people burning after the initial damage is INSANE.

I have to agree completely with you. My Lilith runs around with a triple-helix launcher(897x3 I think) with x4 fire, then uses corrosive rain grenades, then has phoenix doing fire AoE all around me, then has phase blast corrosive or fire, then has shock doing lightning damage while I walk around cloaked.... I can literally walk into any area except the final (where they have ridiculous amounts of shields) and just drop entire armies of guys, and if I go down I will pick myself up within seconds because of the stack of like 6 DoTs on everyone in the area. Majority of the damage comes from the initial rockets and the Phoenix ability. So yeah, elemental rocket launchers are actually beastly in any situation where the enemy isnt stacked with absurd amounts of shields and you can just mulch on their health.

Admittedly, I described a massive amount of stuff other than rockets in that situation, but if im down on the ground with nobody near me, a couple fire rockets at a group of guys will pick me right back up.

Chrange said:
If you 'waste' a bunch of skill points to make rocket launchers awesome, doesn't that seem like it's not a waste?
It's a waste because skipping out on either the Beserk tree or Tank tree in favour of a tree that makes a crap weapon almost as good as every other weapon is insanity.

RubxQub

BobFromPikeCreek said:
It's a waste because skipping out on either the Beserk tree or Tank tree in favour of a tree that makes a crap weapon almost as good as every other weapon is insanity.
But you are incorrect...but to each his own I guess.

You find me a weapon that can hit multiple people all at once for really high damage at a distance and light them all on fire and we'll talk.

My rocket launcher is like a ranged shotgun with an AoE...it's not even a question how good it is...it's just damn good.

Ive had to stop playing as my co-op buddy is having his game constantly hard-crash his PC :( It happened 1 or 2 times in the beginning but since getting to Rust Commons West its flared up to "fuck this" levels. Seems quite a few people are having the same issue on the official forums (some ATI related issue where the system black screens, sound stutters and you have to hard reset). Anyone here get this ?

RubxQub

BobFromPikeCreek said:
Any incendiary or explosive sniper rifle. The splash damage is about the same, since rocket splash damage is crap. Sniper crits > rocket hit any day.
Not sure how much you've tried to use rockets man, but I initially didn't like them either.

I blame everyone thinking rockets suck on the Giant Bombcast. I was just as guilty until I gave them a fair try with a solid rocket launcher.

Nome

Chrange said:

It is a waste if you can use other weapons without having to spend a ton of skill points in them :lol

On another note, I'm fairly certain that pistols are the best items in the game. If you ever find a Maliwan Firehawk you'll see--only 80 damage per shot, but x4 Fire tears through everything, even in playthrough 2. I actually managed to get *three* of them too.

It's convinced me to scrap my LVL45 Soldier with a full Orange/Pearlescent inventory (except for shields and mods) for a new pistol spec Hunter.

TheFallen said:
It's random, just keep grinding. Or you can be really lame like some people and keep resetting New Haven for the weapon caches.

That's a good idea. Are there any of those red weapon crates in New Haven? I could desperately use a new sniper rifle, im level 26 using a level 8 sniper.

Crunched said:
2.6x is the best I've found I think. The best on a gun I've actually used, anyway. Bullets are slow though, I'd guess that anything with x3 zoom or better would be pretty difficult to actually hit guys with.

See, thats the thing, there are plenty of shotguns and pistols with 2.4X, up to 4x magnification. I don't get it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
funkmastergeneral said:
That's a good idea. Are there any of those red weapon crates in New Haven? I could desperately use a new sniper rifle, im level 26 using a level 8 sniper.

There's two on opposite sides of town. Check the rooftops.

all this time. when I looked at shield I thought the recharge rate was how many seconds it would take to recharge :lol.

I've been throwing away good ones. I need to find some claptraps. my inventory is crying.

and I'm going to post on the gearbox forum. i really think that sniper rifle quest is bugged for me. the quest item never spawned or really hidden under a rock or something.

Nome

DMPrince said:
all this time. when I looked at shield I thought the recharge rate was how many seconds it would take to recharge :lol.

I've been throwing away good ones. I need to find some claptraps. my inventory is crying.

and I'm going to post on the gearbox forum. i really think that sniper rifle quest is bugged for me. the quest item never spawned or really hidden under a rock or something.

The Scavenger items are just really well hidden. Keep looking!

This may help: http://borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Scavenger:_Sniper_Rifle

Unicorn

funkmastergeneral said:

Personally I think Old Haven is a better farming town.

Top Bottom