• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Casval said:
Bosses never drop good loot unfortunately. I actually ended up selling every single piece of boss loot I got the second I got them. Most of them are pretty gimmicky, like the Elephant Gun. Really now, a sniper without a scope?

But hey, welcome to the age of DLC. All the endgame quests we're accustomed to in most loot games will now cost money :(
That thing was badass accurate down the iron sight. Sniper with no scope, made me feel like a real man.

I regret selling it.

This gun is currently bringing the PAIN to so many :lol

Gun.png

JdFoX187

Banned
I've been playing off and on by myself, but I think it's time I take it online. I only have a lowly level 10 soldier, but I'm really looking to scratch my Borderlands co-op itch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
drizzle said:
So, while playing with my soldier, I found a class mod that I won't ever use (+2 defense, +1 team shield regeneration). I wasn't going to sell it just yet (maybe drop to a friend online or change my skill points around), but then I saw this for sale:

ItemCard00000.jpg

I'm only level 17, but it's the first "good" item i found. I sold my class mod whateverness and bought that instead. Now with a skill respec, i'm finally having some fun playing as soldier.
Hey I have a 650/98 version of that :D
I swapped it out for a 1050/140 shield though because my turret heals me and transfusion grenades rock.

desverger

Oh god the multiplayer on PC is a mess.

My friend is behind a NAT and tries to host a game. I join, and my firewall logs a connection attempt to a private network ip (192.168...)

Wonder who coded this piece of junk. The only way I could get the hosting to work myself was to set my router to pure bridge.

Need a little help here. Just killed
Krom for the quest The Next Piece, figured I'd finish a few other quests and turn them all in at the same time. Right after I pick up a recorder, Crazy Earl comes in on the comm. and says he doesn't want the piece of the vault key at his house, and so now he won't allow me to turn in the quest.
Is this normal or is my game borked?

sw33tclyde said:
Krom for the quest The Next Piece, figured I'd finish a few other quests and turn them all in at the same time. Right after I pick up a recorder, Crazy Earl comes in on the comm. and says he doesn't want the piece of the vault key at his house, and so now he won't allow me to turn in the quest.

I don't recall that happening, but I didn't really pay attention to the comm transmissions. I would keep on doing quests as they come to you and it'll probably sort itself out.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
sw33tclyde said:
You don't turn it in to him. I think it's Tannis.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Where can I get one of those mashers? That's the gun I've been waiting for for 12 long years :lol

They use pistol proficiency right?

Edit, I did just find a fairly awesome purple SMG with x4 shot, it's wildly inaccurate but low recoil, good for charging at dudes.

Edit again, just got that Elephant gun as well. Who could knock this thing, never having sniped at all so far I'm equipping it right away!

Grecco

Unicorn said:
When is that zombie DLC coming out? Today would've been a great day to launch it...

Can't find a release date anywhere

November. Im hoping they announce more too. Ala what Bethseda did with Fallout, an expansion every two or three months.

Koojay

sw33tclyde said:

I have a question for you, how the hell do you get past
the six or so turrets guarding the entrance to Krom? Im just pulverized by them.

Koojay said:
the six or so turrets guarding the entrance to Krom? Im just pulverized by them.

I had an incendiary sniper on me that took them out pretty easily from the dam.

Woo-Fu

Banned
BobFromPikeCreek said:
It's like a shotgun.

Yes, this game has shotgun pistols.

it also has:

rocket shotguns
full auto sniper rifles

Just a matter of finding the right gun with the right stats. Any pistol with "Masher" fires multiple projectiles at once, like a shotgun. There is a version of that for sniper rifles as well.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Koojay said:

I sniped them from beyond their range. You can open the floodgates at the lock right before that valley and drive a car in there too and just drive on boost right up to the zone. You can also use rocket launcher on them, one of the times when a rocket launcher is pretty useful without any rl-related skills.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Koojay said:
I used an incendiary sniper also. Step out, fire, duck back into cover. Repeat.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Haunted said:
Quick Health Regeneration?
FFFUUUUUU

yes! and it's awesome! My health is regenerating while I'm running from skags lounging at me. :D

I can see myself keeping that shield for a long ass time.

Tobor

I found a level 24 revolver that does around 300 damage per shot. Only 2 rounds, but with my insanely fast reload times I'm like Clint Eastwood dropping fools. :D

Im currently running around with a 2-shot revolver with 720 dmg, a 3x scope and x4 corrosive. Coupled with my jank revolver from the first playthrough with 10 ammo regen that i swap to whenever im not in combat, I am a death dealing revolver wielding hunter of doom(bloodwing does his fair share of work too).

EDIT: It takes out last level enemies in a single headshot. So dirty.
Oh, and it has 90.2% accuracy. It is better than any sniper I have found for dmg/elemental combo.

Tobor

Pyke Presco said:
Im currently running around with a 2-shot revolver with 720 dmg, a 3x scope and x4 corrosive. Coupled with my jank revolver from the first playthrough with 10 ammo regen that i swap to whenever im not in combat, I am a death dealing revolver wielding hunter of doom(bloodwing does his fair share of work too)

That sounds perfect. The revolver has turned out to be my favorite weapon class in the game. So satisying.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Pyke Presco said:
Im currently running around with a 2-shot revolver with 720 dmg, a 3x scope and x4 corrosive. Coupled with my jank revolver from the first playthrough with 10 ammo regen that i swap to whenever im not in combat, I am a death dealing revolver wielding hunter of doom(bloodwing does his fair share of work too)
Sounds like you found a level 43+ defiler :D
I would like one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If anybody has a high-level shotgun revolver they don't want, please hang onto it and let me know what you'd like to trade for it. :[

neoism

Does anyone know if the Time displayed in the save info is right, I just played what I thought was 4 hours or so and it only added 2 hours and 30 min!
The damn game is sooooo awesome!

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Hawkian said:
If anybody has a high-level shotgun revolver they don't want, please hang onto it and let me know what you'd like to trade for it. :[
When you reach level 43 let me know.
neoism said:
Does anyone know if the Time displayed in the save info is right, I just played what I thought was 4 hours or so and it only added 2 hours and 30 min!
The damn game is sooooo awesome!
Seems accurate to me.

Xevren

All this game is doing lately is pissing me off. Started my 2nd playthrough with my hunter and struggling badly once a tougher spawn comes up since I have yet to find any decent weapons. Any time an elemental gun drops the attack power is so low it just sucks. Finding good loot seems like it's just incredibly difficult for me I guess.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Xevren said:
All this game is doing lately is pissing me off. Started my 2nd playthrough with my hunter and struggling badly once a tougher spawn comes up since I have yet to find any decent weapons. Any time an elemental gun drops the attack power is so low it just sucks. Finding good loot seems like it's just incredibly difficult for me I guess.
Even if the attack power is low use it. Elemental damage is really helpful for the 2nd playthrough imo. I was using a fire pistol that did 1/3 the base damage or my othe pistol, but was better.

Grecco

Xevren said:

I know the feeling. Ive slogged up to lvl 47. But i die ALOT.

Xevren

I tried anyway and still didn't help. The huge badmutha spawn skags just hit so incredibly hard and take so much damage that I needed more. I have good stuff on my siren so I know what the deal is, it's just the way loot is I have no hope until something good drops. Assuming something does anyway.

I love my siren so much more than my hunter. Being able to regain shields after a kill is a huge help in the 2nd playthrough. To be honest though, I'm not even having that much fun so I'm not sure if I even want to continue. Certain things in the game just annoy the hell out of me and it adds up after awhile. Especially with the weird hit detection from certain ranges.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I need Mashers! The level 12 one I have is starting to show it's age in my second playthrough, it's still really solid but It's mostly the 40% chance that Gun Crazy will proc that keeps it going strong (goddamn I love my Masher+Gun Crazy) - anyway, I think I am going to try 'farming'. The only thing is, I am wondering how much it matters which chests I use for my game-reset-farming. Any tips for a level 42?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
God's Beard said:
Whoever said that we don't know Pandora's day night cycle length, it's 90 hours according to the data recorder.

That means each minute of real time is roughly 270 minutes of Pandora time :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
DAMN YOU ALL.

(Thanks Hazaro I will let you know the minute I hit 43 if you want to free that inventory slot up sooner than that just let me know)

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Mo the Hawk said:
ItemCard00000.jpg

"This gun? INFINITE BULLETS."

(Actual damage: 84 x7)

WHAT?! 6 rounds, level 28, with 7x84 damage, AND ammo reload? Not to mention an super quick reload time... :(. THAT BITCH IS STACKED!

:( I want it.

Although I do prefer the scoped pistols. If it was scoped instead of ammo regenerative, I'd be in heaven.

zero2000

Banned
Anyone have any idea why i have 1337 slots in my backpack, lol. (I have a few more now since I just used one of those things that adds 3 slots)

I never really payed much attention to it until people said they only had around 20-30.

I never did anything to get that many slots, I just started out with it. :lol

Woo-Fu

Banned
Xevren said:

If you're using sniper rifles then the base damage isn't that important. A Maliwan volcano procs just about every shot, anything that will burn does burn. If you're playing on PC I can give you plenty of sniper rifles. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
zero2000 said:
Anyone have any idea why i have 1337 slots in my backpack, lol. (I have a few more now since I just used one of those things that adds 3 slots)

I never really payed much attention to it until people said they only had around 20-30.

leet. sounds like an easter egg of the epic kind.

Prezhulio

zero2000 said:

wait what? screenshot please. if it ACTUALLY holds that much i really really need to know how:lol

zero2000

Banned
That is why I grab every single piece of loot when playing the game. After about 4-5 missions, I make a stop at the weapons store. Each visit nets me about 200,000 dollars. :lol

I think my brother may be playing it right now. So if not, I will go grab it and take a quick screenshot for you guys. I still wish I never used those backpack upgrades, and that I kept it at 1337. :(

Top Bottom