• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Woo-Fu

Banned
On pc your money display caps at 9,999,999 but it keeps going up even though you can't see it. I hit that somewhere in my early-40s. I can tell it keeps going because I can buy something from the vending machine and the display stays at 9,999,999.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It is nice not having to pick up and/or sell anything. Just for fun I'll get a full inventory of level 48 weapons and then join a co-op game and drop them for the lower level characters so they don't have to worry about money ever again either.

Woo-Fu said:
On pc your money display caps at 9,999,999 but it keeps going up even though you can't see it. I hit that somewhere in my early-40s. I can tell it keeps going because I can buy something from the vending machine and the display stays at 9,999,999.

This is also in the 360 version. I died and it cost me 1.2 million to spawn, didnt dent my funds. So the 9.9million is just a capped counter, not your actual money once you've hit that point.

zero2000

Banned
Here is the screenshot.

borderlands200911010101p.png

I resized it for easier viewing.

As I mentioned before, I had 1337 before, but I used a few backpack upgrades.

This is how it was since the first day I played it. I didn't do anything to make this happen. :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Weird. Surely hex-editable in the PC version but... the first time you booted up, eh?

EDIT: Your Blister is blue, mine was purple :lol

zero2000

Banned
Hawkian said:
Weird. Surely hex-editable in the PC version but... the first time you booted up, eh?

EDIT: Your Blister is blue, mine was purple :lol

Yep. And I remember thinking, "This game is loot heaven, so the massive backpack makes sense."

My brother: "I only have 25 slots."

Me: "Wuht?"

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
zero2000 said:
Yep. And I remember thinking, "This game is loot heaven, so the massive backpack makes sense."
My brother: "I only have 25 slots."
Me: "Wuht?"
I ran into someone else who got that glitch.
Also it costs me around 2 mil to res, not cool :lol

Insaniac

man, anyone who hasn't tried a gunslinger build needs to try it. You know it's good when you pull the trigger and you've fired off two rounds before you realize it.

http://borderlandsthegame.com/skilltree/mordecai/#11500505550030005500052

thats what i've used and I've got a machine pistol with a 14.4 fire rate and 50 rounds mag. Just run up and pound enemies in the head for massive crit damage.

I've also got a 7x59 revolver right now that is just ridiculous

zero2000

Banned
Hazaro said:
I ran into someone else who got that glitch.
Also it costs me around 2 mil to res, not cool :lol

Bad thing is, is that if I start a new game, I don't think I could function properly with with those small backpacks, lol.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'd take the equalizer hands down.

Here's my current backpack.

The destructor has come = Full auto while zoomed, almost 0 recoil
Sniper Killer = Automatic, just a crazy good gun
Glorious Havoc on the bottom right is level 28 and is still good at 50 :lol
Keeping mind I have +120% mag size
:D

rwrur6.jpg

vg05lj.jpg

Red

Hazaro, I want your hard volcano. I want it so bad.

Though I would gladly settle for your liquid penetrator.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Crunched said:
Hazaro, I want your hard volcano. I want it so bad.

Though I would gladly settle for your liquid penetrator.
:lol
Go on and I'll give you them. Both of them. At once.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Crunched said:
They're so huge, I don't know if I'd be able to fit them both in my backpack at the same time.
No really if you go on now, your Steam ID is the same right?
Hawkian said:
Hazaro? Is that "my" Savage Masher? O.O

HOLY SHIT.
Eh it's alright. I still use it for the 4.2x zoom since close distance fighting is suicide with any other people.

Red

Hazaro said:
No really if you go on now, your Steam ID is the same right?
Steam ID is everluck, but my best character is at level 22 right now. No use wasting them on me. I appreciate it though, thanks.

Tobor

I know what you're thinking. Did I fire one shot or two? What you need to ask yourself is...

4c6f4ffa.jpg

...do you feel lucky, punk?

WOW.. they really fucked up the online on the PC port.

Have to port forward everything for this to work with friends, why couldn't they just use steam?

FUUUUCK

Teknoman

untoldhero said:
WOW.. they really fucked up the online on the PC port.

Have to port forward everything for this to work with friends, why couldn't they just use steam?

FUUUUCK

Yeah I know...but theres always whatever upcoming workaround Gearbox adds in the first PC patch...if anything.

So tell me fellas, when you're getting all of these bitchin' rare orange/yellows are you playing solo or co-op? Are the phat loot drops much more common in co-op? Does drop rate increase on the 2nd play through?

I'm at lvl31 on my first play through(just capped the
Rakk Hive.. who dropped *drum roll* A GREEN!
) and probably only seen 3 oranges(my lvl 25 defiler revolver is fucking nasty, but sadly the only orange that was worth keeping, the rest being bested by purples). Am I just unlucky?

Tobor

sw33tclyde said:
So tell me fellas, when you're getting all of these bitchin' rare orange/yellows are you playing solo or co-op? Are the phat loot drops much more common in co-op? Does drop rate increase on the 2nd play through?

I'm at lvl31 on my first play through(just capped the
Rakk Hive.. who dropped *drum roll* A GREEN!
) and probably only seen 3 oranges(my lvl 25 defiler revolver is fucking nasty, but sadly the only orange that was worth keeping, the rest being bested by purples). Am I just unlucky?
Are you checking the deal of the day in the shops? That's where I picked up that revolver. I was playing solo at the time.

Teknoman

co-op, 4 players.

EDIT: At first I was feeling a little skeptical about the huge gun variety, but after getting into the early 20s level range, i'm really starting to see all kinds of variations.

Teknoman said:
Yeah I know...but theres always whatever upcoming workaround Gearbox adds in the first PC patch...if anything.
We have been trying for 30 minutes (we me and my mates), we have tried Hamachi - Gameranger ... fucking gamespy piece of shit Gearbox.

Sorry i'm frustrated!

Tobor said:
Are you checking the deal of the day in the shops? That's where I picked up that revolver. I was playing solo at the time.

Yep, whenever I hit a new zone/see a vender that's the first thing I do. :/

Blizzard

Banned
Bleah, just tried hosting, a friend tried hosting, once I could see his game but couldn't join, etc. Tried Hamachi LAN, but apparently you have to change network priority for that to work and even then it only works with "online" private games and your Gamespy friends list? Thus meaning I can't use it at all, awesome.

Does anyone else ever have buttons activate when you hover over them? If I add a friend, and then hover over the OK button, it instantly tries to add them without me clicking. Could someone please verify this? I've already reinstalled the entire game and I don't know what else to do without emailing customer support.

Uncle AJ

Kinitari said:
WHAT?! 6 rounds, level 28, with 7x84 damage, AND ammo reload? Not to mention an super quick reload time... :(. THAT BITCH IS STACKED!

:( I want it.

Although I do prefer the scoped pistols. If it was scoped instead of ammo regenerative, I'd be in heaven.

You can have it next time I see you. I've already found something that out-does it on sheer damage:

ItemCard00002.jpg

No regenerating ammo and only 2 shots in the chamber, but that's a pretty substantial power increase. At point blank, it exceeds some of the best rocket launchers.

Besides, I just found this baby for all my infinite ammo needs:

ItemCard00003.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hazaro thanks for the ludicrous pimpage. Now I know what I have to look forward to :lol

Teknoman said:
EDIT: At first I was feeling a little skeptical about the huge gun variety, but after getting into the early 20s level range, i'm really starting to see all kinds of variations.

I agree, it really opens up around 25, and now that I've seen a fair assortment of 40+ weapons from the most recent session I was in... holy shit.

Blizzard

Banned
Who says the load times are zippy on PC? In multiplayer co-op, it just took like 25 seconds to load Arid Hills. :( And I have a 7200 rpm hard disk, I think...

Blizzard said:
Who says the load times are zippy on PC? In multiplayer co-op, it just took like 25 seconds to load Arid Hills. :( And I have a 7200 rpm hard disk, I think...
Defrag your hard drive. Even my laptop loads areas faster than that.

2real4tv said:
Comparison:
http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=15982

better lighting and effects on 360 but better textures on ps3?
Missed this article, really helps decide which version to buy. I feel they were right with this one. . .

PS3 version
+ textures (some textures not all)

360 version
+ framerate
+ loading
+ more detailed self shadowing
+ less tearing
+ no install required
+ SSAO
+ Bloom lighting

Scott Kevill

Neo Member
Blizzard said:
Bleah, just tried hosting, a friend tried hosting, once I could see his game but couldn't join, etc. Tried Hamachi LAN, but apparently you have to change network priority for that to work and even then it only works with "online" private games and your Gamespy friends list? Thus meaning I can't use it at all, awesome.
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but people are using GameRanger now for that reason.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Well I finally was able to host a private match and have my friends join on the PC version. None of them could host though even after opening up ports.

The co-op in this game is a blast. We all made new characters and went from 1 - 16 in one sitting. Between this and Torchlight I really don't have time for anything else. I still have Brutal Legend barely untouched and I'm at the final stage of Uncharted 2 on Crushing. I'm screwed when Dragon Age shows up next week!

Swag

Zefah said:
I'm screwed when Dragon Age shows up next week!

I'm in the Trash Coast at the moment and pretty much just have later today to finish the game before Tuesday because once DA : O comes out I know I won't be coming back except for dlc :lol. Is anyone around the trash coast, I'd rather do it co op but don't wanna run around with randoms they always abruptly leave, and make me lose progress.

And the game is too easy alone :[

CadetMahoney said:
Missed this article, really helps decide which version to buy. I feel they were right with this one. . .

PS3 version
+ textures (some textures not all)

360 version
+ framerate
+ loading
+ more detailed self shadowing
+ less tearing
+ no install required
+ SSAO
+ Bloom lighting
:lol

Anyone having trouble with online on PC, use hamachi solved everything!

Top Bottom