• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Some of my favorite toys

Thats 93x4
IMAG0107.jpg

Thats 111x2
IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0113.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

I am about to start playing this game for the first time (yay)....but I was just wondering, are guns the only loot in this game? i figured they are but im hoping there are other stuff like gear. And (long shot), is there a third person view?

Lion Heart said:
I am about to start playing this game for the first time (yay)....but I was just wondering, are guns the only loot in this game? i figured they are but im hoping there are other stuff like gear. And (long shot), is there a third person view?

There is a third person view...if you have the PC version. As for loot, there are shields, grenades, and class mods as well that add certain effect to your character.

GWX

Lion Heart said:

If you're playing the PC version, you can activate 3rd person mode messing up with the .ini file.

There are grenade mods, shields and class mods too, not only guns.

EDIT: Damn!

Loudninja

-Issue: Players are able to call more than one bloodwing at a time

-Issue: some items have more attributes than the item card is capable of displaying
-Status: a fix to display the five intended lines is pending deployment

-Issue: PC: players could edit inventory size in the .ini and affect clients

Issue: Lilith's "Silent Resolve" skill is not functioning as intended on the 360 or PS3
Status: A fix for this issue has been found and is pending deployment

Some more issues they found a fix for.

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=77748&page=2

bounchfx

is this game fixed yet for PC? I've held off playing it after day 1 since I can't connect to any of my friends online...

"ssue: PC players experiencing difficulty connecting to multiplayer games
Solution: You need to do a few things if you are experiencing this problem:"

and yes, I did the 'solutions' they listed.. allowed it in my firewall and opened those ports.. still nothing. are they going to have an actual patch or do I need to continue to dislike a game I know I'd have fun with? argh.

g0atcheese

Neo Member
GWX said:
If you're playing the PC version, you can activate 3rd person mode messing up with the .ini file.

There are grenade mods, shields and class mods too, not only guns.

EDIT: Damn!

Screenshot?

Thats...odd. I just ran across a Volcano with a sell price of 2 million. I picked it up and equipped it and the price changed to 1.5 million. Did I lose a line of text or something.

KillerAJD

Ugh, Phoenix for Lilith is fucking broken...I can hardly walk anywhere in any type of tight corridor before I die because it blows up all the fucking barrels around me <_< Besides that though, pretty awesome game. Anybody have some really awesome skill tree setups for Lilith?

Sciz

Phoenix is only broken in the sense that you can convert large quantities of enemies into ash in a few seconds without ever even looking at them, while unloading twice as many bullets as your clip is supposed to hold into the one you are looking at. I'd hate to ever spec out of it.

Firestorm

KillerAJD said:
Ugh, Phoenix for Lilith is fucking broken...I can hardly walk anywhere in any type of tight corridor before I die because it blows up all the fucking barrels around me <_< Besides that though, pretty awesome game. Anybody have some really awesome skill tree setups for Lilith?
Well, there's really only one or two builds because her freaking Assassin Build STILL hasn't been patched. Ugh.

KillerAJD

Sciz said:
Phoenix is only broken in the sense that you can convert large quantities of enemies into ash in a few seconds without ever even looking at them, while unloading twice as many bullets as your clip is supposed to hold into the one you are looking at. I'd hate to ever spec out of it.
Sure, but dying 10 times in a row because you are in an area with a shit ton of enemies/barrels is not fun :lol

Firestorm said:
Well, there's really only one or two builds because her freaking Assassin Build STILL hasn't been patched. Ugh.
How is it bugged?

Firestorm

KillerAJD said:
Sure, but dying 10 times in a row because you are in an area with a shit ton of enemies/barrels is not fun :lol

How is it bugged?
Silent Resolve and Phase Strike do not have any effect at this moment.

Blizzard

Banned
g0atcheese said:
That's crazy, how's the aiming though? lol
Works fine, you get a crosshair, and if you zoom in with a sniper rifle you get the scope. I think there's no crosshair for guns with ironsights, though. Also, if I'm playing online and not hosting, the third person view command doesn't seem to work.

Jamesfrom818 said:
Thats...odd. I just ran across a Volcano with a sell price of 2 million. I picked it up and equipped it and the price changed to 1.5 million. Did I lose a line of text or something.

This happens ALL THE TIME for me. I have no idea why, but things will randomly drop in price once I pick them up. And usually it's quite a bit...

CTLance

Sorry for the wall of text, I'm going off a precious few minutes of sleep and I need to get this out of my system or you'll read about me on the news today.

I played this game at a friends place tonight, on his 360.

I guess he screwed up (again) and somehow skipped some important quests or something, but when I watched him he (Lvl 7 Hunter) had only a single quest available, a killquest for a Level 10 guy with a machine gun in the place northwest of the starter town. He died several times to that guy and his supporting loons, then made me join on a fresh Lvl 1 character "to even out the odds". I'm normally content on just watching from the sidelines, but why not.

Jeebus.

&#9985;

We were constantly outgunned, outleveled and outnumbered (even after some dog monster slaying in a nearby area involving a pegleg and voice recorders and stuff). Felt kinda like Halo on the highest setting with all the evil skulls turned on, sans the clairvoyant snipers.

I do believe my friend has somehow made an error, switched a setting, removed a limiter, or overlooked a questgiver. He's the guy to just charge ahead and do silly things. I half expect him to have exited the tutorial area (if there is one) prematurely. I didn't have that much time to acquaint myself with everything, since there's apparently a constant influx of people that will happily wander into the starter town and shoot at you. It can't be that the game is constantly sending two guys into regions where most of the wares in the shops are over the level limit.

Any of the Borderland Pros know what the reason for this could be? I'm not particularly opposed to playing more of this (and will buy it ASAP), but if I have to embark on more masochistic adventures of "extreme fight for your life" I will string him up and beat him until candy comes out. I'm too young and beautiful to go to prison.

&#9987;

I know I'm not the best player, and he certainly isn't up to snuff either, but when the game later on sent us (at Level 7&10) to a desert chock-full of Level 12++ raging psychopaths and monster things (Mine key/Safehouse) the game took on a decidedly masochistic note.

TL;DR: Game be hard. What wrong. Please advise, gaf.

P.S.: Ammo-dispenser-heal-sentry FTW. It only does everything (except damage). Next upgrade better be a mobile respawn point... oh wait there is something like that?! I love the soldier class. Awesome.

neoism

Unicorn said:
fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Hidden stuff is lame, especially if we want to know if we want to use it or not.

That's 1 day, 0 hours, 50 minutes and 33 seconds.
:lol :lol :lol :lol thanks... I haven't play in awhile, man I hope I don't abandon this when I get Torchlight and MW2

funkmastergeneral said:
So....end game is pretty boring. At least the leveling process was fun =/

Time to pick up Dragons Age.
I enjoyed the endgame up until the last boss. Everything after the last boss started was awful IMO.

So I know how to make Eridian weapons more useful. After you deplete the energy, unequip it and then reequip it to restore it to full power.

darkpaladinmfc said:
I enjoyed the endgame up until the last boss. Everything after the last boss started was awful IMO.

Hmm? From what I've seen so far at 50 the endgame consists almost completely of farming Old Haven. The endgame is even worse then Too Human.

CTLance said:
Sorry for the wall of text, I'm going off a precious few minutes of sleep and I need to get this out of my system or you'll read about me on the news today.

I played this game at a friends place tonight, on his 360.

I guess he screwed up (again) and somehow skipped some important quests or something, but when I watched him he (Lvl 7 Hunter) had only a single quest available, a killquest for a Level 10 guy with a machine gun in the place northwest of the starter town. He died several times to that guy and his supporting loons, then made me join on a fresh Lvl 1 character "to even out the odds". I'm normally content on just watching from the sidelines, but why not.

Jeebus.

&#9985;

We were constantly outgunned, outleveled and outnumbered (even after some dog monster slaying in a nearby area involving a pegleg and voice recorders and stuff). Felt kinda like Halo on the highest setting with all the evil skulls turned on, sans the clairvoyant snipers.

I do believe my friend has somehow made an error, switched a setting, removed a limiter, or overlooked a questgiver. He's the guy to just charge ahead and do silly things. I half expect him to have exited the tutorial area (if there is one) prematurely. I didn't have that much time to acquaint myself with everything, since there's apparently a constant influx of people that will happily wander into the starter town and shoot at you. It can't be that the game is constantly sending two guys into regions where most of the wares in the shops are over the level limit.

Any of the Borderland Pros know what the reason for this could be? I'm not particularly opposed to playing more of this (and will buy it ASAP), but if I have to embark on more masochistic adventures of "extreme fight for your life" I will string him up and beat him until candy comes out. I'm too young and beautiful to go to prison.

&#9987;

I know I'm not the best player, and he certainly isn't up to snuff either, but when the game later on sent us (at Level 7&10) to a desert chock-full of Level 12++ raging psychopaths and monster things (Mine key/Safehouse) the game took on a decidedly masochistic note.

TL;DR: Game be hard. What wrong. Please advise, gaf.

P.S.: Ammo-dispenser-heal-sentry FTW. It only does everything (except damage). Next upgrade better be a mobile respawn point... oh wait there is something like that?! I love the soldier class. Awesome.

Sounds like your friend forgot to check for quests from T.K.

funkmastergeneral said:
Hmm? From what I've seen so far at 50 the endgame consists almost completely of farming Old Haven. The endgame is even worse then Too Human.
Well I was talking about the bits just before the last boss.
When you fight the 'Bandit King', then the Crimson Lance, then the Guardians.

ElyrionX

Firestorm said:

Not sure about Silent Resolve but aren't people reporting that Phase Strike has been fixed in the most recent patch last week or something?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lvl 1s should just stick to shooting skags. They're worthless in any fight other than that. Also, at level 11 you're really not going to be too far down the skill tree as a siren. Just put all your points into increasing your fire rate.
Firestorm said:
Phase strike doesn't work?!

Jamesfrom818 said:
So I know how to make Eridian weapons more useful. After you deplete the energy, unequip it and then reequip it to restore it to full power.

Shame there isnt any fast way to do it in a fire fight

Firestorm

ElyrionX said:
Not sure about Silent Resolve but aren't people reporting that Phase Strike has been fixed in the most recent patch last week or something?
Still no patch on PC. The same broken game they put out at release.

zero2000

Banned
I think I am done with Borderlands for now. I put in about 50 hours into it so far, and now I am starting Dragon Age and Assassins Creed 2 soon, so I don't think I am going to go back to it any time soon.

Because of that, I might give away all of my worthwhile weapons to GAF. So look out for my post probably later today once I get pictures of all the weapons.

Quite a few level 48, really nice legendary weapons. Otherwise they are around level 43 and up. Various range of weapons and items. SMGs, Snipers, Revolvers, Assault Rifles, Shotguns, Soldier Mods, and Shields. Don't have any worthwhile rocket launchers though.

zero2000 said:
I think I am done with Borderlands for now. I put in about 50 hours into it so far, and now I am starting Dragon Age and Assassins Creed 2 soon, so I don't think I am going to go back to it any time soon.

Because of that, I might give away all of my worthwhile weapons to GAF. So look out for my post probably later today once I get pictures of all the weapons.

Quite a few level 48, really nice legendary weapons. Otherwise they are around level 43 and up.

There's still DLC coming you know

Shoogoo

I'm done for now aswel. Lent it to a friend after spending 45hrs on it.

That was an amazing ride, lacks high end stuff (farming new haven gets boring quickly) but definitely delivered.

I fucking hope they make something out of the DLC.

fuck.

Top Bottom