• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
beelzebozo said:
holy shit 'SPLAIN HOW
Make a siren. Put 5 points into Intuition. Get a class mod.
+22% Cooldown reduction
+3 _______
+4 Intuition

9 Intuition =
+90% Run speed after a kill for a short time
+36% Experience for a short time

I have a better class mod that only gives +3 to intuition, but I am a whore for run speed.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Jamesfrom818 said:
It should on the consoles.
Alright, cool. Just making sure.

I'm thinking of taking my skill points off of Venom and moving them to the assassin tree to get my phase strike going sooner. Corrosive melee damage isn't as useful as it appears... I swear, out of 50 people that I melee maybe 1 will actually get the full elemental effect.

DY_nasty

noire said:
Weird, my corrosive melee works most of the time.
Early on it worked, now that I'm sitting at around level 40, its rare to see damage rattle off like it used to.

edgefusion

So I'm thinking about taking points out of Radiance as it doesn't seem to be very effective at level 50, any ideas what I should spend those points on instead?

This is my current build:

Screenshot2009-11-08at183011.png

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
when you get right down to it, there are just few things that you can do in a video game more satisfying than sniping fools from a distance and watching their heads explode.

RubxQub said:
Different manufacturers and the top gun has a damage mod on it.

In general I've found that helix rockets don't really have lower base damage, but lose a secondary feature in place of the x3...so it may not have a zoom scope or something...but I hardly need one. No scoping is where it's at.
Oh no you di'nt!

5e729e.png
28mmtz5.png

And before you say there's a difference in damage output solely because one of 'em has a higher level requirement; I have a green level 37 Rocket Launcher (standard elemental one from Maliwan) that still surpasses the above Helix lawnchair in terms of base damage.

AgentOtaku said:
Any idea what the PC patch is fixing?
Probably the same fixes they brought to the console versions a while back.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This will sound silly, but I found Rubx's description of how to hit with a helix to be pretty damn effective with my 3x shock launcher so far. :p

But yeah, they have lower base damage.

edgefusion

SoulFist said:
I just started and have no idea what class I want to be. I started leaning towards Soldier, but I don't want to heal. :(

So don't heal, take one of the talent trees that isn't about healing.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
SoulFist said:
I just started and have no idea what class I want to be. I started leaning towards Soldier, but I don't want to heal. :(
I never got heal. Just go for shooting dudes.

I'd say sniper for sniping, Roland for more cover based combat, and Siren / Brick for upclose fights.

NeoZylom

Okay. Just beat the last boss. How do we start a New Game +?

Also, the last stretch before the boss is just crazy. Looting in
The Descent
is so much fun.

edgefusion

NeoZylom said:
Okay. Just beat the last boss. How do we start a New Game +?

Also, the last stretch before the boss is just crazy. Looting in
The Descent
is so much fun.

Quit out to the main menu and when you go to load your save it'll ask if you want playthrough 1 or 2. You can play both playthroughs alongside each other which is nice.

DaveKap

Banned
So I'm building up my Siren alt and I know phase strike isn't fixed yet on PC, but I'm curious about whether pistols with +100-200% to melee damage actually stack with the Siren's +melee skills or not.

Hawkian said:
O noes... he did those all in a huge sprint during the first couple days of release. I'd make a new thread about it on the GBX forums, the devs there will probably help you out somehow.

Yeah he did his sprint before the PC version even released, has only mentioned the PS3 players since; outright ignoring PC gamers. What the hell mikey. :(

Guess I'll make that new thread.

Smash88

Banned
So my friends and I have been making some interesting guns. :lol

5k Damage Rocket Launcher
2k per bullet 6 shooter revolver, that has a clip of 40 bullets

I played through the game and my backpack glitched to 1340 for some odd reason when I got the last backpack. So now I have so many gold weapons I don't know what to do with it. :lol

If you want to add me to get some, taiko88 is my id you add to friends list.

Game is addicting.

Oh and for those that don't know Playthrough 2.5 is probably where all the best loot is at.

Wag

I finished my first go 'round (on the PC). Fun enough. I don't think I'll go back to until I play Dragon Age and they patch Borderlands a few times.

hauton

Currently doing Crazy Earl quests with my Level 47 or so Hunter.

Respec cost is a complete joke. It should be scaled on what level you are AND how much gold you're carrying (like dying).

I was all about the Pistols until I found this beast:

ItemCard00003.jpg

That and Trespass basically made me respec.

If anyone wants a bitching mid-level pistol, take a look at this one

ItemCard00002.jpg

I used it until I found the Sniper, and even still it's probably my strongest pistol.

I guess if I find a Firehawk I might respec back to pistol but right now I have a Volcano and a Combustion Hellfire that take care of my needs (unique fire pistol, sniper and combat rifle/smg respectively)

EDIT: lol no pics

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There is no third playthrough, but there's kind of a 2.5 playthrough where once you beat the second, you go into the second again and everything is leveled up a final time. I think the best loot is to be found here.

Insaniac

Hawkian said:
There is no third playthrough, but there's kind of a 2.5 playthrough where once you beat the second, you go into the second again and everything is leveled up a final time. I think the best loot is to be found here.

aw, so no quests where everything is level 50-51?

bdouble

I got that Torment right before my first trip to old Haven. It was awesoem. That thing with my 2 revolvers and a shock pistol rapped. I love gunslinger.

BACK UP YOUR SAVES!!!!

360 Verison here.

My Level 23 soldier got corrupted for no good reason. :( I've had to use my "Online Only" Level 21 Hunter since. My wife is now two levels ahead of me, and my Hunter and her Siren don't mesh as well as the Soldier/Siren combo did.

What a bummer.

Reason #2125363 as to why ALL games should allow you to save the games yourself whenever you want ala Fallout 3/all PC games.

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Hazaro said:
Make a siren. Put 5 points into Intuition. Get a class mod.
+22% Cooldown reduction
+3 _______
+4 Intuition

9 Intuition =
+90% Run speed after a kill for a short time
+36% Experience for a short time

I have a better class mod that only gives +3 to intuition, but I am a whore for run speed.
How'd you figure out how much things went up when your mod bumped it above 5?

Played a bit and loving it, got burned on first boss lvl. 11 I think (Bone-Head?), went to do other quests, came back, owned the sucker:D

The "Woman" is THE BEST MOTHER******* VISION/HUD SHIT EVER! The way they use her is awesome. Ffs, I demand stuff like that every time I'm given an objective in a sci-fi game, no bullshit windows or frames with someone talking to me.

DY_nasty

DaveKap said:
So I'm building up my Siren alt and I know phase strike isn't fixed yet on PC, but I'm curious about whether pistols with +100-200% to melee damage actually stack with the Siren's +melee skills or not.
The weapons that have melee bonuses don't actually affect Siren's phase striking.

Venom and striking will take advantage of those weapon bonuses though.

After finally maxing phase strike, I feel like it should be just a tad stronger...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
ALaz502 said:
BACK UP YOUR SAVES!!!!

360 Verison here.

My Level 23 soldier got corrupted for no good reason. :( I've had to use my "Online Only" Level 21 Hunter since. My wife is now two levels ahead of me, and my Hunter and her Siren don't mesh as well as the Soldier/Siren combo did.

What a bummer.

Reason #2125363 as to why ALL games should allow you to save the games yourself whenever you want ala Fallout 3/all PC games.

you didn't turn it off during autosave did you? lol

That's why I slowly back away when I exit the game or get near the save nodes. You gotta be extra careful.

JudgeN

Beat my second play through (but didn't finish all side missions) is their a playthrough 3 where all the mobs are level 50?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
JudgeN said:
Beat my second play through (but didn't finish all side missions) is their a playthrough 3 where all the mobs are level 50?
Run around and you will see everything is scaled to 50. You can call it 2.5

Slayer-33 said:
you didn't turn it off during autosave did you? lol

That's why I slowly back away when I exit the game or get near the save nodes. You gotta be extra careful.

No sir I did not. In fact we exited the game to the main menu before I shut off the console.

In fact, my wife's save was completely unaffected.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I feel for you man :( Corrupted saves are brutal

Some mobs are above 50 as well, and BadMutha enemies are even badder. I know you obviously know this Hazaro, just for Judge's benefit ;)

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
ALaz502 said:
No sir I did not. In fact we exited the game to the main menu before I shut off the console.

In fact, my wife's save was completely unaffected.

Sucks son, maybe you didn't notice you got close to an auto save node and you went to dash :( I feel for you..

Top Bottom