• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Pctx

Banned
Finished the game last night w/ my lvl 36 Hunter. Hell of a great game of which I hope they innovate in the sequel.

Lots of fun and a great game gearbox. Well done sirs! :D

I think I'm still going to dedicate some time into farming New Haven before work during the week but I'm largely done as well. I have Pistol, SMG, and Shotgun proficiency maxed along with Eridian and Rocket between 35-40. I'll probably max them all out before the DLC comes out but I'm not in a rush anymore.

zero2000

Banned
Ok, as posted before, here is my giveaway!!!!

Edit: Gah, nevermind. Something got screwed up. I might do this later or edit this post soon.

gcubed

so i started this finally and am up to lvl 15 and absolutely love this game. LOVE it. It deserves all the sales it gets

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
The story doesn't really seem really gripping but the game play is really fun online. Just picked this up yesterday thanks to some persuasion, no regrets.

JB PM'd me about slowdown in the PS3 version, there is on the more hectic fights. Otherwise it feels 30 or a little lower most of the time.

You're not alone, the FOV switch when you run is a really nicely done touch. Put a load of time into this game today and had a great time. It'll be interesting to see what they put into the PC patch and DLC next week, i'm not too hungry for DLC though as i haven't finished a first playthrough yet.

Miroku

Anyone else not getting some achievements? Apparently its a known issue where you have to just try again on a different character.

I'll need to get a million $ and 25 electric kills with a different class, dammit.

Blizzard

Banned
beelzebozo said:
a small touch, but is it just me or does the running in this game feel freakin' AMAZING?
Sometimes, but I'm still convinced that the phasewalk feels really slow occasionally. Maybe it's because I switch to the 90 FOV before using it, and it doesn't feel as fast as if I were using the default FOV?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Blizzard said:
Sometimes, but I'm still convinced that the phasewalk feels really slow occasionally. Maybe it's because I switch to the 90 FOV before using it, and it doesn't feel as fast as if I were using the default FOV?

i don't think i know what phasewalk is. i just accidentally clicked my left trigger after a few hours of play and holy hell i was fucking forrest gump

So far I'm really liking this game. :) Co-oping it with my girlfriend and we've just got beyond level 10, which means we have some seriously cool guns. Although I anticipate they're only going to get crazier... :lol

Usually I don't like games which focuses on the collection of loot, but the fact the game is so catered around a social experience is awesome. :) Not that the game itself isn't solid - I love the visual style, and so far the enemies have remained challenging throughout. The vehicles handle like a really sub-par Halo clone, though, it must be said.

Definitely not a game I would have thought about getting before the extreme hype, especially from the Giant Bomb guys, but I'm glad I picked it up!

Blizzard

Banned
beelzebozo said:
i don't think i know what phasewalk is. i just accidentally clicked my left trigger after a few hours of play and holy hell i was fucking forrest gump
If you've never been or played with a Lilith, you should some time. Her special ability makes her kinda invisible (and take less damage, depending on skills?) for a minute, and she runs at like 1.5-2x normal running speed. You can race up to turrets and kill people in some cases.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Quick question, just finished the game, i think..
so I took the vault key to Tannis, now what? no new quest or anything popped up. Do I just quit and start new game+ now?

purg3 said:
Quick question, just finished the game, i think..
so I took the vault key to Tannis, now what? no new quest or anything popped up. Do I just quit and start new game+ now?

Yeah, just start a new game and choose "Second Playthrough".

Firestorm

Blizzard said:
If you press crouch she phasewalks while crouching which is really slow.

Sushen

funkmastergeneral said:
So....end game is pretty boring. At least the leveling process was fun =/
After credit started to scroll, I was sitting and waiting. Then, I noticed that my buddy was walking around picking up loots and I saw his name moving around in the credit screen! I didn't know I could B button out of the credit until he took all the good loots before I jumped out of the credits screen.

DaveKap

Banned
I'm just curious.

Did anyone with the PC version pre-order it back when mikeyface did his pre-order "I'll play with you and give you guns." deal? I did and he confirmed that I was "on his list" back then, but now he won't respond to my tweets asking him when he'll be willing to play. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
O noes... he did those all in a huge sprint during the first couple days of release. I'd make a new thread about it on the GBX forums, the devs there will probably help you out somehow.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Starting up playthrough 2 with a Siren.

I have to say specced for phasewalk cooldown is pretty sweet.

I pop in, pop out, kill 2 guys with a shotgun (ammo regen + 71 acc.) [Hunter's Defender Shotgun] and zoom over to the next 2 or 3.
For backup I have an ammo regen x3 explosive pistol (2 shots) + a defiler pistol (x4 corrosive with 2 shots) along with a nice Urban SMG with a high zoom. Basically I pop in, deal as much damage as possible then pop back out.

Much faster paced than my playthrough with the soldier and it's kept the gameplay fresh, especially since I can plow my way through the main missions phasewalking to the boss and clearing levels in half the time :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Firestorm said:
You guys are crazy.
Character of the Year.

She can be both a bitch and a great character.

In fact, she is.

Am I the only one who enjoys using
Baron Flynt's Boom Stick? Most chaotic gun EVER

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
grif1020 said:
Anyways some spoilers about the final boss:
SO did anyone else notice how the final boss was the exact same final boss Gearbox used in Half-Life Opposing Force? I couldn't believe it. Obviously the gameplay is somewhat different as it has one eye instead of two and has a mouth as a weakpoint but from a visual standpoint they ripped themselves off lol.
My reaction entering the level was
Oh, so I have to fight some Cthulhu-thing exiting a portal? Whataminute, I already did this OpForce.

Maybe Gearbox's imagination dried up in the end.

I was just having my friend level up my siren in his playthrough 2 game and I came across a kind of weird SMG. It's a hyperion with decent stats(for my level at least) but the bullets come out in some spiral formation, and seem to ricochet in crazy patterns. o_O

Wallach

Still going through my 2nd playthrough as Mordecai, and I still find that the pistols just output much higher damage than the snipers. At this point I haven't run across much of anything that actually lives through a single clip of my machine pistol.

I can't really decide if I like the Bloodwing. It can obviously do a lot of damage, but honestly most of the time I totally forget about the little guy. I'm tempted to do something like 10/10/25 just to get all of the pertinent damage talent aside from Trespass (which honestly doesn't seem like it would be terribly useful given how poor enemy shields are in this game).

BudokaiMR2 said:
I was just having my friend level up my siren in his playthrough 2 game and I came across a kind of weird SMG. It's a hyperion with decent stats(for my level at least) but the bullets come out in some spiral formation, and seem to ricochet in crazy patterns. o_O
I hate that damn bullet pattern. It's stupidly hard to hit things with. They just curve around the enemies.

chewydogg

Well, it seems I sold my 101 Thunderstorm by accident. I was playing late last night fighting to stay awake. Woke up with the controller in my lap, facing a vending machine. This morn when I turned on my game, my gun was gone. :(

Its the only Eridian weapon I've seen (lvl 32). Has any one found multiple Eridian weapons? I hope I didn't sell the only one I'll see.

Haunted

Finished the first playthrough with all quests done - the game was actually longer than I anticipated. I blame the good FPS feeling, the last couple years had me conditioned to expect an FPS not lasting longer than 10 hours max. :lol

The game is really fun stuff, all told.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i love the shooting in this game. i really hope bethesda is paying attention and implements some of that feel into the next FALLOUT games (though i'll say while playing that i never really minded or cared about the shooting so much).

also, that run button. WHEEEEE

drizzle

Axel Hertz
chewydogg said:
Its the only Eridian weapon I've seen (lvl 32). Has any one found multiple Eridian weapons? I hope I didn't sell the only one I'll see.
I think i've found that alien sniper about 6 times already (3 from new haven loot runs). I sold them all.

CTLance

Thanks for the tip, Hellsing321. My friend will be forced at gunpoint to get the damn quests from that guy before we do anything else next weekend.
TeTr1C said:
One of the many things I love about this game:
You can switch weapons and reload while sprinting.
Yah, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised that that works.

Hate the dof blurring when you aim though. Makes my head hurt.

chewydogg said:
Well, it seems I sold my 101 Thunderstorm by accident. I was playing late last night fighting to stay awake. Woke up with the controller in my lap, facing a vending machine. This morn when I turned on my game, my gun was gone. :(

I've found probably 12 by level 35ish. Go farm the fastness chests and you'll find tons.

beelzebozo said:
i love the shooting in this game. i really hope bethesda is paying attention and implements some of that feel into the next FALLOUT games (though i'll say while playing that i never really minded or cared about the shooting so much).

Agreed, after shitty controlling games like Far Cry 2 (console version) and Battlefield Bad Company, bless Gearbox for nailing the fundementals with the controls IE: aim sensitivity, dead zone, analog range, acceleration, etc.
Borderlands feels fantastic to control on PS3 ...so much so, I vastly prefer it over the PC version at this point honestly.
Only wish I could remap sprint to L1 or something. But having it on R3 with the "Nuked" preset works just fine

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
beelzebozo said:

Running is even better with (5)+4 to Intuition (+90% run speed after a kill) :D

I bought some awesome pieces of stuff to equip my level 22 hunter this morning, and I even sold all my current equipement (including Hunter Mod, Main Sniper and Shield) so I can have enough credits to buy my new shield. But when I was ready to equip my all new set... I saw that it was all recquiering level 25...

I'm out of money, out of shield and using second zone weapons now. I've been struggling for 2 levels doing missions very carefully, risking my life at every encounter but I'm almost level 25 now... Revenge is near...

Top Bottom