• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Krom's fight to me consisted of "sprint while a much higher-leveled God's Beard uses incredible guns to defeat him before you notice"

Rubezh

What level did you guys finish the game at? I'm only level 24 at New Haven and I have no idea how close I am towards the end of playthrough one.

mandiller

Rubezh said:
What level did you guys finish the game at? I'm only level 24 at New Haven and I have no idea how close I am towards the end of playthrough one.
I finished it at around lvl 37. Before you start going into the end game sort of stuff though you should be around lvl 32-35. If you just got to new haven you've got a while to go

mandiller said:
I finished it at around lvl 37. Before you start going into the end game sort of stuff though you should be around lvl 32-35. If you just got to new haven you've got a while to go

I must be doing more side quests than the average joe. I entered New Haven at level 30. And now I'm around level 36 and just finished
Old Haven

Weenerz

Banned
Brad from Giant Bomb mentioned during their quick look of MW2 that you can create your own guns in Borderlands, how do you do that? Google was zero help.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Don't think he did mention that, lest he desired to be wrong.

I guess you can edit hex files. Wouldn't think he would mention something like that though...

BigFwoosh

Hawkian said:
Krom's fight to me consisted of "sprint while a much higher-leveled God's Beard uses incredible guns to defeat him before you notice"
I couldn't go anywhere without him shooting me with that turret, so I ended up shooting at it with a helix rocket launcher from all the way back where the cutscene starts until he died. I had originally just thought it was an annoying turret, had no idea it was the actual boss. When I killed him I thought "Oh...... well, I guess that was easy after all." :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
BigFwoosh said:
I couldn't go anywhere without him shooting me with that turret, so I ended up shooting at it with a helix rocket launcher from all the way back where the cutscene starts until he died. I had originally just thought it was an annoying turret, had no idea it was the actual boss. When I killed him I thought "Oh...... well, I guess that was easy after all." :lol

I have heard that the approach you took has a fun factor approaching infinity if you've got a "beware the horde" rocket launcher. I've still never seen one myself.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
If you kill the turret while he is on it you win.

First time I ran all the way up to him, he got off it, then almost killed me with his pistol.

Hazaro said:

First time I ran all the way up to him, he got off it, then almost killed me with his pistol.
Yea when I unlocked the achievement after taking out the turret I was like uh?

Grecco

BigFwoosh said:

I saw this happen to. Was really bizare because krom was still sitting but the turret was destroyed. Realy weird glitch

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hazaro said:

I sold the pistol before I got to try its special ability, looking forward to picking up the Playthrough 2 version.

MMaRsu

What Kromm or whatever his name was was easy. Just fucking phasewalk over to him and blast him in the face with my shotty :p.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Hawkian said:
Don't think he did mention that, lest he desired to be wrong.

I guess you can edit hex files. Wouldn't think he would mention something like that though...
He did mention it, on the MW2 PC quicklook, and people have been doing it for a while.

Creating snipers that reload like repeaters, with massive damage and other crap. They were discussing it on the gearbox forums.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seems kind of lame to me. You can just make the best of everything through hex editing and then call it a day.

But, for those more inclined than me to enjoy that sort of thing:
PushItPushItPushIt.jpg

Sai-kun

Banned
Uh...how do you do that.

*interested*

My friend and I accidentally killed Krom too. We split up and each took a path, and the turret was being annoying so he shot it once with his Sniper rifle, and I shot it once with my orange defiler pistol and we two-shotted him. We were like "wait wtf :lol"

GWX

Hey guys,

Just finished the game for the first time, as The Siren, and while the final battle is dissapointing, the rest is awesome. Got some questions and some bugs to report, too. I'm going to use spoiler mark from here, even if I'm not sure it's needed.

I'm supposed to have 42 backpack slots, right? I only have 36... Here are the 'Claptrap Rescue' missions that I completed:

. Crimson Fastness
. Krom's Canyon
. The Lost Cave
. New Haven
. The Salt Flats
. Safe House
. Tetanus Warren
. Trash Coast

Where are the other claptraps?

Also, I found a bug, not game-breaking, but a weird one...
In Crimson Enclave, there were 3 things to activate (don't remember what they were exactly), but I only activated 2. I activated 1, closed the game (not by Alt-F4, by actual menu), and opened it hours later. There was still 1 'thing' activated, but the map indicated that it still was on the same place as before. Came back to the same place, activated it again, and the game showed 2 of 3 activated. I simply activated another one and completed the quest :lol

The other one I found is at the start of the second playthrough... When Zed says that I have to repair the vending machine and buy a shield, there isn't any shields to buy. What should I do? Wait a 'day' to see if any shields are going to appear in the machine? :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're missing
Old Haven
and
Crazy Earl's Scrapyard
. One (seemingly random) one should also give you a final 3 on playthrough 2 for 45 total.

You have a shield, you can't just turn in that quest? o_O

I'll be there soon to try...

GWX said:
Hey guys,

Just finished the game for the first time, as The Siren, and while the final battle is dissapointing, the rest is awesome. Got some questions and some bugs to report, too. I'm going to use spoiler mark from here, even if I'm not sure it's needed.

I'm supposed to have 42 backpack slots, right? I only have 36... Here are the 'Claptrap Rescue' missions that I completed:

. Crimson Fastness
. Krom's Canyon
. The Lost Cave
. New Haven
. The Salt Flats
. Safe House
. Tetanus Warren
. Trash Coast

Where are the other claptraps?

Also, I found a bug, not game-breaking, but a weird one...
In Crimson Enclave, there were 3 things to activate (don't remember what they were exactly), but I only activated 2. I activated 1, closed the game (not by Alt-F4, by actual menu), and opened it hours later. There was still 1 'thing' activated, but the map indicated that it still was on the same place as before. Came back to the same place, activated it again, and the game showed 2 of 3 activated. I simply activated another one and completed the quest :lol

The other one I found is at the start of the second playthrough... When Zed says that I have to repair the vending machine and buy a shield, there isn't any shields to buy. What should I do? Wait a 'day' to see if any shields are going to appear in the machine? :/
go back to old haven

another question about weapon stats and colors..

so if i have a white and blue smg that does 50 damage with exact stats and no mods or bonuses, does that mean the blue one does more damage or are they equal?

edgefusion

macfoshizzle said:
another question about weapon stats and colors..

so if i have a white and blue smg that does 50 damage with exact stats and no mods or bonuses, does that mean the blue one does more damage or are they equal?

If it says it does 50 damage then it does 50 damage regardless of the colour.

GWX

Hawkian said:
You're missing
Old Haven
and
Crazy Earl's Scrapyard
. One (seemingly random) one should also give you a final 3 on playthrough 2 for 45 total.

You have a shield, you can't just turn in that quest? o_O

I'll be there soon to try...

Thanks. The strange thing is that I did get the
Old Haven
claptrap rescue. I guess it didn't save then.

Also, no, I cannot turn in. It's weird. I'll try again soon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
JudgeN said:
Gun Question, I know there is an AX200 Swift Chimera (Revolver) but is there an SMG version?

I wish. That would be like painting your enemy with elemental effects :p Probably limited to revolvers :p

JudgeN

Hawkian said:
I wish. That would be like painting your enemy with elemental effects :p Probably limited to revolvers :p

Damn, I meet a guy online a week ago who said he had a chimera SMG with 127x3 dmg/90%acc/10+ ROF, Ive been spamming Crimson Fastness trying to get one. Then today, it hit me like a ton of bricks, I realized that fucking gun was hacked :lol

Teknoman

Hawkian said:
Seems kind of lame to me. You can just make the best of everything through hex editing and then call it a day.

But, for those more inclined than me to enjoy that sort of thing:
PushItPushItPushIt.jpg

What the...that just takes the fun out of the game.

edgefusion

I just got a sniper rifle with the red text "I LIKE IT!" does anyone know what it means? I can't find it on any red text guides. :(

Askani

edgefusion said:
I just got a sniper rifle with the red text "I LIKE IT!" does anyone know what it means? I can't find it on any red text guides. :(

I LIKE IT!, Torgue Cobra: High explosive damage. (Reference to the "Cobra Assault Cannon" from Robocop, and comment of one of its users, Emil Antonowsky)

benjipwns

Banned
BigFwoosh said:
I did the same thing. But ran out of rockets, and I was already low on sniper bullets (and was having strange trouble hitting it. I sniped the earlier ones just fine from the locks but couldn't keep my damn scope centered on Krom's as it'd hit me with at least one bullet every time it fired), so I used a scoped pistol, 26-36 damage per shot to take out the last third of its health.

At least the Pistol could fire through the poles or whatever are at the entrance there, while his rockets couldn't. I thought it was some fancy turret and then you'd fight him as you got closer to the top.

Speaking of that Canyon, I was way too leveled up or something when I fought Reaver. He went down in one shotgun blast. He was dead before I realized he wasn't just a normal bandit raider.

I wonder if the levels are going to scale with what your chars levels are.. I bet they will.

I love the Tankensteins.. and how they can carry chests on their back. And how monsters spawn all around you. Awesome.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
elrechazao said:
So, playthrough 2.5, will farming new haven get me similar weapons to say, farming old haven or crimson fastness?
I personally switched to fastness because some shooting is nice once in a while. Also 2-3 red chests seem to have better class mods (since the whites don't have them), but the good oranges I've found have all been in New Haven. (In fact I found the best of my 5 Volcano snipers and a Defiler pistol there when a friend joined).

**** http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/957205/borderlands/videos/borderlands_dlc_vdp_110909.html ****
*Woo sweet new footage. Zombies with no guns will certainly change up the pace, so awesome that they carry chests on their backs.

6-10 hours for $10? Sign me up.

Hazaro said:
I personally switched to fastness because some shooting is nice once in a while. Also 2-3 red chests seem to have better class mods (since the whites don't have them), but the good oranges I've found have all been in New Haven. (In fact I found the best of my 5 Volcano snipers and a Defiler pistol there when a friend joined).

*Woo sweet new footage. Zombies with no guns will certainly change up the pace, so awesome that they carry chests on their backs.

I have 7 volcano snipers in my bag :D I dunno why I hold onto the 5 that are lower than the one I actually use. I'm searching high and low for a new pestilent defiler from my high lvl 30s one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hazaro said:

PC version to follow sometime after :'(

Looks great though. Once you've seen an enemy with a chest on its back... you wonder why that hasn't been in every game of this type ever made :D

That is
obviously Dr. Zed, in costume, right? o.o

drizzle

Axel Hertz
God dammit, i really need a elemental rifle that does good damage.

They're using a 3-fire burst one on the video. I want it!

Belfast

Hazaro said:

**** http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/957205/borderlands/videos/borderlands_dlc_vdp_110909.html ****

It does sound good. I was getting scared that it would only be one new area or something, but it sounds like a hub with, as they say, 5 branching-off dungeon areas. Now *that* is probably worth $10.

Belfast

acevans2 said:
Will there be achievements attached to the DLC?

There are already a few trophies attached to it on the PS3 version. I was confused when I couldn't find those quests in the main game.

Top Bottom