• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Hugbot

MicVlaD said:
Sounds like NAT issues, which frequently rear their ugly head in peer-to-peer gaming.

See what the dashboard's network test has to say about both your NAT conditions (should be somewhere in the system configuration menu) and if either of you has Strict or Moderate NAT, then there's your problem. It needs to be Open to experience as little problems as possible in online multiplayer games that don't support dedicated servers. You two should visit http://portforward.com/ in order to fix it if you know what routers you're using.

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home. I could have sworn my NAT was Open, but I did just have to replace my system and move and might be remembering from before.

fastford58 said:
I've been playing for ~20 hours and have yet to see an Orange weapon. I'm a little dissapoint.

I found a Dark Orange revolver around level 18. I'm 27 now and it's still taking enemies in three shots or less. Keep up the hunt, it's well worth it.

fastford58 said:
I've been playing for ~20 hours and have yet to see an Orange weapon. I'm a little dissapoint.
Are you playing alone? The odds of Orange drops appearing will increase in co-op.

Hugbot said:
Thanks, I'll check it out when I get home. I could have sworn my NAT was Open, but I did just have to replace my system and move and might be remembering from before.
Yeah, if you had to replace your system with a new one then you'll have to re-configure its network settings.

Darklord

Banned
Hunters seem so damn weak and snipers fucking suck. Oh awesome, it does 60 damage every shot? This shitty ass machine does that in like 2 seconds. I think I should have picked solider. Oh well, I'm about 3-4 hours in and can't be bothered changing.

fastford58 said:
I'm level 32, about to finish my first playthrough and I haven't gotten an orange weapon either. I found a yellow hellfire SMG back in my mid 20s that wrecks shit but that's it. Honestly though I have no problems with my purples/blues - I never really have issues taking out enemies... that being said I may be a couple levels above where I should be.

Some blue Jacob's Revolver I found a few levels ago takes out every enemy I've ran across in one hit if I crit except for the dudes that carry around the big shields. I have to shoot them twice unless my first bullet is a Killer Shot.
Darklord said:
Hunters seem so damn weak and snipers fucking suck. Oh awesome, it does 60 damage every shot? This shitty ass machine does that in like 2 seconds. I think I should have picked solider. Oh well, I'm about 3-4 hours in and can't be bothered changing.
Go with pistols (revolvers and repeaters)... at least until later in the game when snipers become more useful.

Dunlop

fastford58 said:

As mentioned, play with others and the chances increase (of course you still need to be the one that finds it).

I wasn't finding anything on my 2nd character, until last night where I picked up 4 orange all of which were perfect for my character

yours will come :D

at least until later in the game when snipers become more useful.

I think they become too powerful, one of the oranges I picked up was a vulcan sniper. I pretty much 1 shot anything regarless of it being a crit or head shot

Thorhald

I've been farming New Haven for a few days now off and on, and have yet to find a weapon thats an upgrade from my lvl 18 orange Miliwan Pele sniper rifle [i'm currently 43].

Anyone have a 43+ sniper rifle with the Pele/Volcano tag on it they would be willing to hand over :)

Wallach

Thorhald said:
I've been farming New Haven for a few days now off and on, and have yet to find a weapon thats an upgrade from my lvl 18 orange Miliwan Pele sniper rifle [i'm currently 43].

Anyone have a 43+ sniper rifle with the Pele/Volcano tag on it they would be willing to hand over :)

You on 360? I think I have a 35-ish level Pele/Volcano tag Maliwan x4 sniper.

ahimothZero

Neo Member
Darklord said:

dude everyone is weak 3-4 hours in... just wait till your hawk is leveled, your sniper proficiency is around 20 and you're carrying around a 600 damage 6 shot volcano with a 3x zoom... you'll be sploding heads in no time... I'm even finding white snipers that do upwards of 700 damage now that I'm 50...

I was running around with a level 26 +300% melee hunter the other day who was running around cutting people in half... its crazy what you can do when properly spec'd...

[FYI I'm a soldier currently and I use snipers a ton... the are great when leveled]

Firestorm said:
If the DLC doesn't scale to LV50 if you're LV50 I'm not buying it.
If you intentionally skip sidequests during your second playthrough and then go on to beat the final boss, all of the enemies - as you probably are aware of - get boosted to level 50 and slightly up. This rule is also applied to those in the aforementioned sidequests you didn't complete yet (naturally), so I don't see why the DLC wouldn't be able to auto-scale for those who finished the second playthrough.

Firestorm

MicVlaD said:
If you intentionally skip sidequests during your second playthrough and then go on to beat the final boss, all of the enemies - as you probably are aware of - get boosted to level 50 and slightly up. This rule is also applied to those in the aforementioned sidequests you didn't complete yet (naturally), so I don't see why the DLC wouldn't be able to auto-scale for those who finished the second playthrough.
Yeah, but I'd also like rewards that take into account LV50 players. I'm at LV41 right now in the middle of my second playthrough. Trying to do it alone without sidequests which is proving challenging.

Xabora

Someone over at SA found this massive gun. (Not Modded in)
r26d5i.jpg

Rarity of 171.

Darklord said:

gun
slinger

Thorhald said:

I think I have like 5 of them in my bag. You on xbl?

Hugbot

kyo_daikun said:
Red rarity? Maybe they will be added later on for DLC and that was a tester.

Red makes a helluva lot more sense than the pearl/white or whatever.

Edit: Oh, well. That explains that.

Just beat the game, awesome experience.

I nailed that final boss so hard: with my lvl 36 Hunter, with dedicated skills for Crits, I rape the thing with 5000+ shots in the weak points. Hail to my stuff !

Now, how do I go in a second playthrough ?

And how come my " kille 15 enemy with the Hunter's ability " haven't been unlocked yet ?

Pride

After an hour of farming New Haven my level 25 hunter has 3 Orange Weapons and a Pink. I also got an Alien weapon but not sure what to think of it.

If you need weapons (and/or money) set aside some time to farm New Haven, you won't be disappointed. There are 2 crates you must hit, the others are good for money. The vendor machine will also have an occassional pink/orange quality weapon (lvl 25 seems to be the max).

Darklord said:
I'm 12 hours in and my most powerful rifle has 130 damage. I uses revolvers more though but my best one has 60 damage plus 4x fire damage. I love it.

Pride

Ok, so I have been doing a pretty dumb thing...

I thought Pack Upgrades were equipable-like items (I missed the Press A to use), and after I got one (which I thought upgraded my backpack to 12) I sold all the other ones (Im currently 25 and have sold at least 3). Is there anyway, to go back and get them again or buy more? Yes, I feel stupid even saying it outloud.

Rekwest

Darklord said:
I'm a Hunter level 34 i can kill with one shot my sniper is 450 hit

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Xabora said:
r26d5i.jpg

Rarity of 171.

Pride said:
After an hour of farming New Haven my level 25 hunter has 3 Orange Weapons and a Pink. I also got an Alien weapon but not sure what to think of it.

If you need weapons (and/or money) set aside some time to farm New Haven, you won't be disappointed. There are 2 crates you must hit, the others are good for money. The vendor machine will also have an occassional pink/orange quality weapon (lvl 25 seems to be the max).

what the FUCK

Pride said:
Ok, so I have been doing a pretty dumb thing...

I thought Pack Upgrades were equipable-like items (I missed the Press A to use), and after I got one (which I thought upgraded my backpack to 12) I sold all the other ones (Im currently 25 and have sold at least 3). Is there anyway, to go back and get them again or buy more? Yes, I feel stupid even saying it outloud.

Ouch. You might want to start a character for the sole purpose of getting the ones you missed and tossing them over... otherwise I don't see any way you can get them :(

_bluemoon

Found a orange scoped revolver with zoom, shock elemental and ammo regen. Pretty much the only gun I use right now, the other 3 slots are going to waste. :lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ah.

Has a dev confirmed that you can get the "true" (not pearl) uber-rarities above orange without hacking/editing guns?

Also,
I had trouble not noticing the "would you kindly" this time from the Guardian Angel on playthrough 2. My imagination, or...

Hawkian said:
Ah.

Has a dev confirmed that you can get the "true" (not pearl) uber-rarities above orange without hacking/editing guns?

Also,
I had trouble not noticing the "would you kindly" this time from the Guardian Angel on playthrough 2. My imagination, or...

When she said that at the beginning of playthrough one, all of my buddies and I noticed instantly.

Xabora said:
http://i37.tinypic.com/r26d5i.jpg[IMG]
Rarity of 171.[/QUOTE]
:O

[QUOTE=Xabora]No, someone at SA got the editor running and dumped all the rarity levels.
[IMG]http://i38.tinypic.com/11839y0.jpg[IMG]
[url]http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3223246&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=9[/url]

Pearl Weapons, have a rarity of 101 - 169. Since there is no color value for them they default to white.[/QUOTE]
thanks

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
elrechazao said:
When she said that at the beginning of playthrough one, all of my buddies and I noticed instantly.

I don't know if I ever would have noticed it hearing it the first time, but I mean, it now makes perfect sense in context...

Blizzard

Banned
I think I may have noticed the "Would you kindly" too. :lol

And maybe with their NPD relative success, Gearbox will have enough money to afford a PC patch!

in my dreams :'(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yay ammo back.

Now to find a teal weapon.

So I realized something tonight.

As anyone who has played both single and multiplayer knows, in singleplayer your gameworld freezes when you pause/open you inventory, while in multiplayer it does not.

On playthrough one, I didn't notice at all. But on playthrough 2, switching to different weapons per the situation seems much more important. In singeplayer you are given all the time in the world to find the right tool for the job, while being unable to freeze that jumping skag can be the difference between life and death while you sweep your gun collection for the shotty you need in multiplayer.

I believe that multiplayer's way of handling this is the far superior experience. :)

These, I like. (x7 damage on both)
v5xr2g.jpg

5y55qg.jpg

Teknoman

Blizzard said:
I think I may have noticed the "Would you kindly" too. :lol

And maybe with their NPD relative success, Gearbox will have enough money to afford a PC patch!

in my dreams :'(

PC patch was supposed to be coming this week.

Top Bottom