• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Peronthious said:
Creative director Mike Newmann is saying
he bears no relation to Zed, but he may just be fooling around.

heh...are we really asking these questions?
if you think that's not zed you need to take some medication. They're effing with people, and couldn't be more obvious about it. Fake mustaches .... that and the fact that they already said that the zombie outbreak is due to zed in the first DLC announcements

:D

Hazaro said:
I personally switched to fastness because some shooting is nice once in a while. Also 2-3 red chests seem to have better class mods (since the whites don't have them), but the good oranges I've found have all been in New Haven. (In fact I found the best of my 5 Volcano snipers and a Defiler pistol there when a friend joined).

**** http://pc.ign.com/dor/objects/957205/borderlands/videos/borderlands_dlc_vdp_110909.html ****
*Woo sweet new footage. Zombies with no guns will certainly change up the pace, so awesome that they carry chests on their backs.

6-10 hours for $10? Sign me up.

Did he say 50 new quests or 15?

I just found this while zooming in on a piece of paper in a church...it looks like one of those camera barcode things...someone solve this mystery. I bet it leads to a real life vault...
or nothing :(

29fwgw1_th.jpg

Witchfinder General

punched Wheelchair Mike
Affeinvasion said:
I just found this while zooming in on a piece of paper in a church...it looks like one of those camera barcode things...someone solve this mystery. I bet it leads to a real life vault...

29fwgw1_th.jpg

It looks like a kangaroo riding a horse.

Thank you for turning this into a Rorschach test...

I'm pretty sure it's one of those cellphone barcode things that are all the rage in Japan. My phone doesn't have those capabilities, so I can't check it out myself.

Husker86

Affeinvasion said:

29fwgw1_th.jpg

Android barcode scanner gives this:

Found Plain Text
NICK WILSON

HO OH

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think it was just Nick Wilson cackling at you for taking the time to decipher his message.

Damn I want a Droid, by the way.

:'(

Sciz

Ok, fifty-odd quests and five dungeons packed with all new assets for ten bucks isn't bad. Wonder if it'll include any core design tweaks as well. And a real endgame.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is a known and horrible bug. Respec didn't work eh? :( Sorry dude.

EDIT: I was able to buy the grenade SDU to get back up to how I was before, but all of my other max ammo limits have been reset and I get "You can't buy that" when I try to buy an upgrade at a vending machine.

This might be because I played my first game over GameRanger tonight... not sure how that applies settings.

:-/ Does anybody know how to edit which SDU you have in your save files? I am decidedly less deadly with 1/4 the ammo.

Come on, patch!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think an anti-climax is what they were going for, but man, that was some wacky shit.

So, anybody know how to get my ammo SDU upgrades back? :p

LazyLoki

Witchfinder General said:
Just beat it. Yeah, the ending was very anti-climatic. I'm level 36, will the second playthrough be too hard at first?

A little bit. It took me a while to adjust, but it gets better over time.

Double D

Been playing the PC version and am a level 28 soldier. I've been in new haven for a while now, but I've been getting messages about scooter having more missions for me. My problem here is that I can't remember who or where scooter is.

Also, I'm not seeing a whole lot in my skill tree that I care to upgrade. Any recommendations?

Amneisac

When I beat it on playthrough 2 there was weird bug when
the destroyer died it dropped all of MY loot and i lost all my sdus and everything

I was playing with a friend who was at the same part in the story as me. We decided I should turn off my xbox, so I did. Fixed my save game, but he was stuck and still hasn't been able to complete the game.

LazyLoki

Vik_Vaughn said:
Been playing the PC version and am a level 28 soldier. I've been in new haven for a while now, but I've been getting messages about scooter having more missions for me. My problem here is that I can't remember who or where scooter is.

Also, I'm not seeing a whole lot in my skill tree that I care to upgrade. Any recommendations?

Scooter is the car/buggy guy at the entrance of New Haven

Beaulieu

Vik_Vaughn said:

hes the guy in the "garage", sitting at the table, next to the car being repaires, right at the entrace of the town, near the thing that you use to fast travel.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Any word on what the hell is in the Zombie DLC aside from the theme of it?

Need to know if they are going to up the caps or add new gun traits or a manufacturer or WHAT!

MW2 multiplayer is sucking me in way harder than I thought it would, and I need to know if I need to keep a warm spot in my heart for some Borderlands love!

Hugbot

Hawkian said:
My wager is they are but not with this first DLC.

I'm thinking this. Between cut content and setting aside content specifically for the DLC ahead of time, it looks like it's going to be a genuinely good value proposition. If they added 5 more levels, it would just be raising the cap by 5. I'd much rather they hold off and up it by 20 in a larger 'expansion' DLC or whatnot, with full skill-tree support. Sure, you lose out on some experience going through the DLC in the meantime, but if the theoretical expansion adds enough content it won't really matter. You level pretty quickly in this game as it is, it's not like Fallout where it was ridiculous not to release Broken Steel first.

I've become a bit bored of this at the mo. I'm trying for Lvl 50 for the Bronze (wtf? only?) Trophy and on Lvl 47 currently.

I really thought going to Old Haven would have helped me get to the top quickly as it was great on the 1st playthrough, but how disappointing. I'm getting about 1k for the majority of the kills and the odd 2.5k.

So I don't know if I can be bothered to get it now and do more fetch quests.

Hopefully the new DLC might motivate me maybe...

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Katana_Strikes said:
I've become a bit bored of this at the mo. I'm trying for Lvl 50 for the Bronze (wtf? only?) Trophy and on Lvl 47 currently.

I really thought going to Old Haven would have helped me get to the top quickly as it was great on the 1st playthrough, but how disappointing. I'm getting about 1k for the majority of the kills and the odd 2.5k.

Did you do all the quests or what?

I didn't have to grind at all with my 50 Brick, and hit 50 in the middle-ish of my second playthrough.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Katana_Strikes said:

Play with others...

Whoever completed the Krom boss battle by sniping or shooting rockets at the very beginning of that section is a dull individual.

Katana_Strikes said:

I reached level 50 with Brick whilst playing co-op before I even had access Old Haven. Ended my first playthrough at level 36 - 37. Just continue beating story quests or sidequests that are at or above your level.

Katana_Strikes said:

Level 50 should definetly have been a silver...

Hugbot said:
I also have a question! In the 360 version, some strange voodoo is happening between a friend and myself. We absolutely cannot join the other's game. He can send an invite and I'll accept, and it just takes us back the the screen we were on when it happened. The opposite is also true, and it happens regardless of public/private. It looks like a few people are having this issue but I can't find a workaround online, and figured if anyone knew it'd be GAF.
Sounds like NAT issues, which frequently rear their ugly head in peer-to-peer gaming.

See what the dashboard's network test has to say about both your NAT conditions (should be somewhere in the system configuration menu) and if either of you has Strict or Moderate NAT, then there's your problem. It needs to be Open to experience as little problems as possible in online multiplayer games that don't support dedicated servers. You two should visit http://portforward.com/ in order to fix it if you know what routers you're using.

Top Bottom