• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What chu wont!? Get chu one! What chu wont!? Get chu one!

Oh. Noticed more funky item randomness today. Basically both items are the exact same in stats, name and everything. But the difference is one is worth more and requires a higher level to use. Da funk!?

35b74ms.jpg

w7d94w.jpg

Kadey said:

Oh. Noticed more funky item randomness today. Basically both items are the exact same in stats, name and everything. But the difference is one is worth more and requires a higher level to use. Da funk!?

http://i49.tinypic.com/35b74ms.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/w7d94w.jpg

On some items there is a fifth line of stats, you can't see it on the 360/PS3 version due to the text size. On the PC version if you mess with some .ini file to make it show all the descriptors. That line could be what is making the items different.

Sciz

Kadey said:
Chances are that the more valuable one has a +SMG Elemental Effect % or +SMG Ammo Regen bonus on the fifth line that you can't see.

edit: beaten, wot.

DaveKap

Banned
Kadey said:

I asked a similar question earlier about a class mod that had a high level and high price, but worse stats than another class mod that was lower level and lower price. The answer I got alluded to the idea that the generation of the item first rolls for a level, which defines the price, and then rolls for the stats with possible higher numbers but still the ability to roll lower number stats.

So essentially it rolled low stats for a high level item, or your lower level item rolled high stats.

Yes, it is dumb that the price is based on the item level and not the stats.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hmmm..that explains the four line stuff but I came across a bunch of items that were less and still has the differences in pricing and stats that did not make sense. We're talking millions of items here so I guess the randomness has to be a little wacky.

I'm really enjoying the game though. A lot more than I expected. I love the humor they put in the game.

Example.
The Slither fight. I went into the fight thinking it's going to be a bad ass boss that is probably like a whole lot bigger than me but it's just a little bug. :lol

Oh and of course the hick talk. My mama's girly parts. :lol

rc213

Kadey said:
Video captured my fight with Krom. SPOILERS of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med-fKer6ow&fmt=22

Nice, I just sniped the turret from long range. I got up to the top expecting a fight with Krom. =c

Shield with a higher amount and faster recharge or a lower amount with %30-60 health boost?

I really wish they had a storage space for stuff you want to keep long term but don't want taking up a slot early on when space is limited.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
MomoPufflet said:
WAT. how did I not know this... Doesn't it reassign your hotkey weapons though if you go over a gun?
If you hover over a Weapon and hold the button, you will auto-equip that weapon (replacing whatever weapon you have out).

If you hover over an Item and hold the button, you will collect any collectable item in a radius around your character.

Flyguy

So I soloed the first playthrough and saved co-op for the 2nd playthrough. My friend and I are both at the exact same place in the story on the 2nd playthrough but when I join his game all the missions show as ineligible, and vice versa when he joins mine. Is this the way the game handles co-op? That's disappointing if true.

Technoob

Banned
Flyguy said:
So I soloed the first playthrough and saved co-op for the 2nd playthrough. My friend and I are both at the exact same place in the story on the 2nd playthrough but when I join his game all the missions show as ineligible, and vice versa when he joins mine. Is this the way the game handles co-op? That's disappointing if true.
There is a bug in playthrough 2 that says you're inelegible when you join the game. Happened to me and my friend repeatedly. Just do the quests. If you're getting credit, it's working.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Shoot, I'm kinda stuck in the DLC :/. I've got two missions open: one in Dead Haven, but
I can't find anything were the marker on the map says is something. I have to find two ECHO's, locate the Comm Array and send the ECHO. I've already send it - strange enough, that was possible, but as said, the map says I have to find something, probably the ECHO, on a location were I can't find anything. I've been wandering around to see if I can find some other stuff, but it's becoming a chore because the zombies spawn all the time :/
. The other mission is about tracking 4 dudes that
were sent before you, but I have to go to the mill - I think - but it won't open up yet.
. Any suggestions? I'm getting bored.

ahimothZero

Neo Member
Pookaki said:
On some items there is a fifth line of stats, you can't see it on the 360/PS3 version due to the text size. On the PC version if you mess with some .ini file to make it show all the descriptors. That line could be what is making the items different.

God I wish they would fix this... I've been buying/reselling mods hoping for hidden effects to be there.... its getting very, very annoying...

Rei_Toei said:
Shoot, I'm kinda stuck in the DLC :/. I've got two missions open: one in Dead Haven, but
I can't find anything were the marker on the map says is something. I have to find two ECHO's, locate the Comm Array and send the ECHO. I've already send it - strange enough, that was possible, but as said, the map says I have to find something, probably the ECHO, on a location were I can't find anything. I've been wandering around to see if I can find some other stuff, but it's becoming a chore because the zombies spawn all the time :/
were sent before you, but I have to go to the mill - I think - but it won't open up yet.

You have to go back to the location where you uploaded Ned's echo and use the computer again but this time it puts you in direct contact with a Jakob's rep, who will send you to another part of the map. It should be up a flight of stairs near the back part of the town.

DeadGzuz

Banned
I found a weird bug, maybe it's old. If you log in and load your char with controller 2 it will lose your controller config and my friend could not join the game. With controller 1 it works fine.

Can anyone explain how weapon damage works or point to a link. I understand the damage number, but what about the x2, x4 number near the elemental?

PuMa

Rei_Toei said:

Not sure about the first mission you mentioned, but for the second, you have to go to Generally Hospital. The four guys are on the shore. Just check your mission log. It will tell you where to go.

DY_nasty said:
A Mordecai with an SMG? Now I've seen it all...

Hush! I've been switching it up with my level 45 Mordecai and he's kickin ass with a couple dope SMGs I found.

Rei_Toei said:
I spent a little time with the Echo quest the other night as well. Have you checked down in
Ned's lab? I looked and looked outside forever for it, and then I remembered Ned's underground lab was in the general area. Went down the stairs, and there it was around the corner to the left, behind the patient screen.

benjipwns

Banned
ahimothZero said:
God I wish they would fix this... I've been buying/reselling mods hoping for hidden effects to be there.... its getting very, very annoying...
I thought they did. Or was that just PC version?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hawkian said:
You know you can just hold the button to collect all the money/ammo/health at once, right?

I like picking up stuff one by one.

Nice, I just sniped the turret from long range. I got up to the top expecting a fight with Krom. =c

Oh, I tend to kill the bosses and slaughter the minions after wards. Plus I wanted to keep the video fairly short.

rc213

Kadey said:
I like picking up stuff one by one.

Oh, I tend to kill the bosses and slaughter the minions after wards. Plus I wanted to keep the video fairly short.

I figured as much, I really thought he would be up there pissed off that I destroyed his turret.

Around what level should I start seeing the really awesome/rare weapons?

I'm at level 31 and the best weapons I have is a Rocket Launcher that shoots 3 rockets at once with fire damage at 3x306 damage and a 2 round shotgun that is 10x136 damage.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
rc213 said:
Just finished the first quest in Old Haven last night. :O
Old Haven is a beast.
Unless you're pimping Corrosive weapons as a lvl 50 plaguebearer, phasing in and out every 4 seconds, shittin on fools
rc213 said:
Around what level should I start seeing the really awesome/rare weapons?

I'm at level 31 and the best weapons I have is a Rocket Launcher that shoots 3 rockets at once with fire damage at 3x306 damage and a 2 round shotgun that is 10x136 damage.
Level 31-36 or so is when I noticed a dramatic change in drops. Got my first pearl, orange, and 'good' purple weapon around that time. Are you still on playthrough 1? If so, hurry on and beat the game to move on to playthrough 2 - thats where all the fun is at.

rc213

Awesome, Found a Eridian Blaster and about an hour later I found a Eridian Cannon. Found a nice Class mod that adds +8 Health Regen and +25% Team Damage. Now I just need a better shield to finish off.

Ardorx

Banned
I haven't been able to jump into a game with other people yet but I really like this game thus far. Most of the story means nothing to me as I tend to not read every last thing but the real point is loot and I really enjoy that.

The only thing that really struck me was
the death of T.K. as I found him humorous

There are a few more games I have to play, but I'm fairly sure this'll be my GOTY.

By the way, I'm in new haven right now. Have I made it far in the game?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You're a little more than halfway through, but the final few areas can kind of been torn through really fast if you wanna.

batbeg

Is the DLC worth it...? I got about $40 on PSN but am planning to buy PJ Shooter and the Wipeout bundle, but me and my brother have been playing loads of Borderlands, so I'm wondering if I should go for that instead.

DY_nasty said:
A Mordecai with an SMG? Now I've seen it all...

All I do with my Mordecai is tear it up with my SMG. I just like Mordecai because of the Bloodwing skill, reaally :D

qirex99

Banned
MomoPufflet said:
WAT. how did I not know this... Doesn't it reassign your hotkey weapons though if you go over a gun?

reading the game's loading screen hints and reading the training hints FTW!

Ronabo

Anyone up for starting up a new character run through? I'm thinking of starting either a Brick or Mord. 360 version.

Davidion

Ardorx said:
I haven't been able to jump into a game with other people yet but I really like this game thus far. Most of the story means nothing to me as I tend to not read every last thing but the real point is loot and I really enjoy that.

The only thing that really struck me was
the death of T.K. as I found him humorous

There are a few more games I have to play, but I'm fairly sure this'll be my GOTY.

By the way, I'm in new haven right now. Have I made it far in the game?

I clicked your invite, name doesn't show up on list.

I love this gamespy crap...

Ardorx

Banned
I'll add you on steam to make things easier. I really don't understand why anyone uses GameSpy anymore. It's such and archaic and rundown system, that publishers would be better off building their own service.

In fact, I'm shocked publishers don't have their own service for PC games like a battle net.

Ardorx said:
I'll add you on steam to make things easier. I really don't understand why anyone uses GameSpy anymore. It's such and archaic and rundown system, that publishers would be better off building their own service.

In fact, I'm shocked publishers don't have their own service for PC games like a battle net.

Gamespy is probably dirt cheap and easy to integrate. Basically lazy devs and cheap pubs..jk

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
rc213 said:

I ran into a hellfire weapon and I pretty much do not need anything else. It kills everything so fast.

Got the game game today and have put about 2 hours in and so far its awesome.

Was worried the first 20 minutes or so cause I was getting motion sickness/vertigo. Only other FPS I've ever had it happen to me was The Orange Box but after a bit I got used to it and feel fine.

picked Roland for my first playthrough. had trouble with the enemies around nine toes area but I found a machine with 50 some damage and its made enemies much more manageable.

Teknoman

So I finally have time to get back into non-handheld stuff (yay break) and im getting some texture issues in New Haven (PC version). Everything loads up fine except store interiors...which look like blank dark grey sheets.

EDIT: Also strange that there is no PC DLC yet.

rc213

Kadey said:
I ran into a hellfire weapon and I pretty much do not need anything else. It kills everything so fast.

I've been searching for one those but haven't yet come across one. I saw it a few times on some justin.tv streams when I was checking out the game before I got it.

Getting my proficiency up on the Eridian guns has made the Eridian Cannon much more useful with better accuracy.

acevans2

Anyone have connection issues on PS3 right now? Tried hosting a public and private game and my friend couldn't connect to me, same going back the other way.

Top Bottom