• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

Blizzard

Banned
I just looked over the Steam update notes (thanks for another big DLC download via Steam when I didn't buy the DLC, guys), and there are lots of balance tweaks. Mostly it looked like they made siren weaker unless I was misunderstanding something. :( And they also apparently made it delete "invalid" weapons from your save when you load it, and made new haven have more "reasonable" loot so people won't try to farm it. I guess now I am sad if I didn't get far enough to farm it. :p

Unicorn

firehawk12 said:
Hrm, I just noticed that the DLC achievements are 240 points... which probably means this will be the last pack for the quarter, unless they choose to release some more DLC without achievements.
Why is that?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Unicorn said:
Why is that?

Apparently MS only allows a game 240 extra achievement points per quarter. I guess Mad Moxxi came in before the new quarter started or they made some kind of exception. It could also be way the Fallout 3 DLC ended up being more spread out than anticipated, among other things.

SecuROM was removed from the Steam version of the latest DLC and Gearbox is thinking about removing SecuROM from all of the DLC that was released on Steam.

Chrange

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Apparently MS only allows a game 240 extra achievement points per quarter. I guess Mad Moxxi came in before the new quarter started or they made some kind of exception. It could also be way the Fallout 3 DLC ended up being more spread out than anticipated, among other things.

It's 250 points per quarter following release, with points 'building up' if you didn't use them in the previous quarter.

Blizzard

Banned
crimsonheadGCN said:
SecuROM was removed from the Steam version of the latest DLC and Gearbox is thinking about removing SecuROM from all of the DLC that was released on Steam.
That's actually...a positive step! :O

glaurung

Finished the main story line of the Secret Armory. Good stuff and nice pacing though no speed travel between the new areas is a definite minus (I was sick of driving through the highways long before it ended).

Will pick it up again soon to finish all quests and get the trophies.

grumble

K.Jack said:
Why does Microsoft give a shit about how many Achievement Points a developer uses?

Because they want to preserve the perceived value of the achievement points, and can't do so if a developer can spam thousands of them on DLC to rake in a quick buck.

They're worthless to the collectors, but people enjoy collecting them and it sells games. They want those sales to continue.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
crimsonheadGCN said:
Yep.

We listened to the feedback. We are still looking into the other two but for now the third one does not have SecuROM on the Steam version. Thanks to the GBX community for continually providing feedback. We appreciate it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Chrange said:
It's 250 points per quarter following release, with points 'building up' if you didn't use them in the previous quarter.

Hrm, did Mad Moxxi spill over then? Since they hit 1500 points exactly.

Still, this is a good indicator of DLC release frequency. Although with Ubi releasing DLC without achievements, who knows. :lol

purg3

slept with Malkin
glaurung said:
Finished the main story line of the Secret Armory. Good stuff and nice pacing though no speed travel between the new areas is a definite minus (I was sick of driving through the highways long before it ended).

Will pick it up again soon to finish all quests and get the trophies.

did you finish it in co-op or singleplayer? just curious about the difficulty since some are saying it's pretty tough solo

glaurung

purg3 said:
did you finish it in co-op or singleplayer? just curious about the difficulty since some are saying it's pretty tough solo
Solo since I do not have anyone to play with at the moment.

Not so tough considering my main character is a level 50 soldier. However I do believe that leveling up all the way to 61 is going to be a real chore.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
glaurung said:
Solo since I do not have anyone to play with at the moment.

Not so tough considering my main character is a level 50 soldier. However I do believe that leveling up all the way to 61 is going to be a real chore.

How does it work if you already have a lot of XP? Do you just skip a few levels? Or is the jump from 50 to 51 huge?

Unicorn

ezekial45 said:
Quick question; Does this DLC have any unique weapons? Something along the lines of the wave shotgun or the alien weaponry.
There's some new legendaries, but I haven't noticed any new effects to them. New class mods that focus on something new though, like lilith's new sniper mod.

Hoping next DLC adds a new weapon company or more varied parts to the pool already in the game. Want some outlandish looking stuff, or at least so rocket launchers don't only have 2 looks and alt color schemes. Remember seeing a hacked gun that had pistol stock, but rocket launcher barrel.

Id also like to see a new element like ice or antimatter or something or new ways for bullets to work. Like the lancer turret, but with lock on type stuff. Or a rocket launcher like the Monster's turret.

Make it happen GBX.

Also, adding another branch of skills to each character would be amazing.

mandiller

No SecuROM for the Steam version? Sold. Good work gearbox. This'll be the first Borderlands DLC I buy.

Now just support FOV increases without editing the .ini and right click toggles ironsights and I'll be a happy man.

MrDaravon

I don't understand how the post-DLC/Legendary boss is even fucking possible. Jesus motherfucking Christ, my Level 60 Siren who has blown through everything else the entire game and DLC's have had to offer was doing ZERO on regular hits. I probably didn't even get a single one of it's minions down to 95% before anything in there one shots me. Even with 4 people at a similar level I am baffled by this.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, just grabbed Zombie Island and The Armory.. where is Zombie TK located? Does anyone have a map? I've been exploring this whole area but can't seem to find him. I know he's in Hallow's end somewhere.

Unicorn

Jtwo said:
Hey, just grabbed Zombie Island and The Armory.. where is Zombie TK located? Does anyone have a map? I've been exploring this whole area but can't seem to find him. I know he's in Hallow's end somewhere.
Furthest cul de sac area to the northeast.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
SailorDaravon said:
I don't understand how the post-DLC/Legendary boss is even fucking possible. Jesus motherfucking Christ, my Level 60 Siren who has blown through everything else the entire game and DLC's have had to offer was doing ZERO on regular hits. I probably didn't even get a single one of it's minions down to 95% before anything in there one shots me. Even with 4 people at a similar level I am baffled by this.

He's a toughie. The designers made sure of that :)

TheClair

Neo Member
Purchased the DLC and was hoping to hop in tonight. 8.3GB download? Damn. It'll only take 18 hours. :(

Oh well, I'm sure it'll be worth it. Gives me a reason to go into work tomorrow. :D

GBX_AdamF said:
He's a toughie. The designers made sure of that :)

Just beat him on a 2.5 run-through with 3 other friends and came within a quarter of a bar of beating him solo. I'll get it tomorrow, all the loot is sooooo good. Really fun stuff.

PS: we need one more DLC before we can lay Borderlands 1 to rest. :D

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
Gryphter said:
so what's this pearlescent/boss drop stuff you guys are talking about? I gather that the big boss at the end of General Knoxx can rarely drop something, but what should I be looking for in case I find it?

The pearlescent drops are the new god tier for items. Gearbox said the best chance of finding one is taking on the boss.

MmmSkyscraper

Unconfirmed Member
GBX_AdamF said:
Yep.

We listened to the feedback. We are still looking into the other two but for now the third one does not have SecuROM on the Steam version. Thanks to the GBX community for continually providing feedback. We appreciate it.

Yay, 2 friends and I were hoping this would happen. +3 DLC sales because of this, another 6 if it can be removed from the others.

Red

SailorDaravon said:
Oh man, I joined a game as a level 8 berserker and "fought" this guy, ran around like a chicken with its head cut off while a level 61 soldier tried desperately to keep me alive :lol

Invincible indeed.

flake

quick question...probably been answered... but i play borderlands split screen with a buddy...however our characters are both on different accounts on the same xbox...If the main account buys the dlc, will the dlc be available for my friend in splitscreen, whose character is on a different login?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Unicorn said:
Furthest cul de sac area to the northeast.
Thanks!
Also... is there no fast travel in the DLC having to run all the way from the Hospital back to T.K. is kind of a pain..

I'm on the very beginning of Playthrough 2, btw and hadn't open up fast travel in the main storyline yet.. does that have anything to do with it?

Unicorn

Jtwo said:
Thanks!
Also... is there no fast travel in the DLC having to run all the way from the Hospital back to T.K. is kind of a pain..

I'm on the very beginning of Playthrough 2, btw and hadn't open up fast travel in the main storyline yet.. does that have anything to do with it?
All DLC has just one fast travel point each. To cut down on cluttering the travel list, I guess. REALLY annoying in Knoxx

Victrix

*beard*
The amount of driving back and forth is totally unacceptable

One mission sequence is literally -

'drive down a highway for five minutes, pick up item'

'ok, now drive back!'

'ok, now drive to the next area!'

it's great looking the first time, then it's just boring and irritating. Borderlands had no issue with conveniently placed travel points, wtf is the problem here?

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I just totally fucked up the Hank Weiss reveal. :[
I grabbed all the shit from the billboard and then got really preoccupied with the Brain looting and forgot about it.. and then made my way to the Hospital and ran in with him.. totally didn't get it.

But now I'm finding all his journals.. soooo fucking funny. Whoever did his voice is awesome.

Dearest Anna, I just LOVE the hat you sent me. I'm dreaming of a nice homestead in the Dahl Headlands.

Insaniac

so i beat the main storyline in Knoxx and i was wondering if i can continue to "raid" the armory repeatedly?

I didn't get much on my first raid except an 1100 damage sniper and a good machine pistol...

mandiller

The General Knoxx DLC seems pretty cool but it's the wrong level for me. I'm level 45 and in playthrough 1 the levels are 35 and in playthrough 2 the levels are 51 :-/ Either instant kill or instant death.

I might level up some more and try to take on the playthrough 2 version later.

I crapped my pants last night playing Knoxx. Was investigating T Bone junction when I came across a little hut. Inside was
a shrine to Lilith, along with two nasty beds and a fridge in the corner. Opened the fridge to have a lvl 61 Mutant Midget named Meat Popsicle jump out at me, and promptly kill me. Loaded up again this morning, lured him outside and headshot him repeatedly from a safe location, only to get absolutely no loot from him! Just cash that my Bloodwing got him to drop. Boooooo!!!!

Oh yeah, the lack of Fast Track stations in the DLC is bollocks. Shame.....

Unicorn

Insaniac said:
so i beat the main storyline in Knoxx and i was wondering if i can continue to "raid" the armory repeatedly?

I didn't get much on my first raid except an 1100 damage sniper and a good machine pistol...
Yeah Marcus has you kill a bunch of guys then you can go back to the armory. Over and over.

Lunchbox

Banned
just beat the crab for the 8th or 9th time, got a riffle called a "pearl ogre". the borderlands wiki says its one of the pearl guns.......but its orange. whats going on?

also i love going on random low level peoples games to drop off the extra stuff from each crab. it goes like this -

them - "who are you?"
me - "im santa"
and drop like 45 legendaries on their ass......then watching their minds explode. "OMG MODS, GET OUT. MS gonna ban mah xbox" :lol

never gets old

firehawk12

Subete no aware
flake said:
quick question...probably been answered... but i play borderlands split screen with a buddy...however our characters are both on different accounts on the same xbox...If the main account buys the dlc, will the dlc be available for my friend in splitscreen, whose character is on a different login?

Yep, the DLC will work for both accounts.

It's how people grinded through the Mad Moxxi achievements - have a second account start the game with a low level dude and then blow through the 4 hour fights. :lol

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Anyone having weird problems with the Knoxx DLC? I've been insta-killed a couple of times just walking around in T-Bone Junction and other locations, without falling of ledges or anything, just *boom* gone. Also, I've killed a couple of the elite death squads but they don't register in the mission. I've also managed to get The Monster in the weirdest positions ever, the physics all fucked up. I'm once again enjoying the hell out of Borderlands but right now it seems pretty buggy :/

Jtwo said:

On the map, he's in the house all the way in the bottom left

Rei_Toei said:
Anyone having weird problems with the Knoxx DLC? I've been insta-killed a couple of times just walking around in T-Bone Junction and other locations, without falling of ledges or anything, just *boom* gone. Also, I've killed a couple of the elite death squads but they don't register in the mission. I've also managed to get The Monster in the weirdest positions ever, the physics all fucked up. I'm once again enjoying the hell out of Borderlands but right now it seems pretty buggy :/

What version are you playing? I'm on 360, and issues I came across:

Elite Death squad not registering happened to me once, I killed them and immediately checked the mission log cuz I love seeing it say 1/1, and was puzzled to see it hadn't changed. I kept playing and luckily they all came around and registered eventually

In the area with the Drifters and the Loopdeloop (can't remember its name) if I press and hold back to bring the map up, it won't zoom or move for me until I move to a different tab and back; the map will shake back and forth like its trying to move but is stuck

I got stuck and fell through a rock on foot, was looking at it from the inside out, luckily after a few minutes I was able to hop through it and out. There was no way in hell I was making the trip back there all the way from T-bone Junction

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Gryphter said:
On the map, he's in the house all the way in the bottom left

What version are you playing? I'm on 360, and issues I came across:

Elite Death squad not registering happened to me once, I killed them and immediately checked the mission log cuz I love seeing it say 1/1, and was puzzled to see it hadn't changed. I kept playing and luckily they all came around and registered eventually

In the area with the Drifters and the Loopdeloop (can't remember its name) if I press and hold back to bring the map up, it won't zoom or move for me until I move to a different tab and back; the map will shake back and forth like its trying to move but is stuck

I got stuck and fell through a rock on foot, was looking at it from the inside out, luckily after a few minutes I was able to hop through it and out. There was no way in hell I was making the trip back there all the way from T-bone Junction

I'm also playing on 360. One thing that also confused me: in Borderlands, if I remember correctly, when you finish a mission, you go back to the contractor or message board to cash in. In Knoxx, you sometimes have to finish the mission at location or something? The map kept saying I had to go back to a roadblock I cleared and when I got there I could finish it. Maybe I'm forgetting this also happened occassionally in Borderlands, but seemed weird to me.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Rei_Toei said:
I'm also playing on 360. One thing that also confused me: in Borderlands, if I remember correctly, when you finish a mission, you go back to the contractor or message board to cash in. In Knoxx, you sometimes have to finish the mission at location or something? The map kept saying I had to go back to a roadblock I cleared and when I got there I could finish it. Maybe I'm forgetting this also happened occassionally in Borderlands, but seemed weird to me.

It did, sometimes what you "turned the quest in" to was a piece of paper or control panel.

Rei_Toei said:

Yeah, usually you have to go back to the questgiver, but sometimes in Knoxx you just turn in the mission at the destination. I can't remember if it happened like that in the main game or in Dr Ned at all

darkjedi187 said:
So is the knoxx DLC not ment for someone who is not lvl 50. I'm lvl 34 and finished playthrough1. Will I have problems with this?

Everything scales so I think you'll be ok as long as you play on Playthrough 1. I finished it on Playthrough 1 as a 44 and every enemy was around 37, kinda lame but I decided not to do a Playthrough 2 (backlog needs attention)

edit: except for Carmerax. His mission is locked at Lv 61 and I'm not sure if I'm gonna even try...

sionyboy said:
I crapped my pants last night playing Knoxx. Was investigating T Bone junction when I came across a little hut. Inside was
a shrine to Lilith, along with two nasty beds and a fridge in the corner. Opened the fridge to have a lvl 61 Mutant Midget named Meat Popsicle jump out at me, and promptly kill me. Loaded up again this morning, lured him outside and headshot him repeatedly from a safe location, only to get absolutely no loot from him! Just cash that my Bloodwing got him to drop. Boooooo!!!!

Oh yeah, the lack of Fast Track stations in the DLC is bollocks. Shame.....

Can you tell me where that is on the map? I am looking for it, there's an achievement tied to that and it's one that I'm missing

Top Bottom