• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands |OT| More guns than the population of the Netherlands

glaurung

firehawk12 said:
How does it work if you already have a lot of XP? Do you just skip a few levels? Or is the jump from 50 to 51 huge?
I suppose using the second playthrough version of Knoxx would yield more experience, for now I finished it with the easier version and I gained exactly one level with all quests available done before taking down Knoxx.

Somebody else asked a question about the level requirements: I suppose you could take on the DLC around level ~34, but the highest mobs I remember were level 38-42. The bosses would be a pain if you cannot pull off constant crits.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lunchbox said:
just beat the crab for the 8th or 9th time, got a riffle called a "pearl ogre". the borderlands wiki says its one of the pearl guns.......but its orange. whats going on?

also i love going on random low level peoples games to drop off the extra stuff from each crab. it goes like this -

them - "who are you?"
me - "im santa"
and drop like 45 legendaries on their ass......then watching their minds explode. "OMG MODS, GET OUT. MS gonna ban mah xbox" :lol

never gets old

"Pearl" refers to the material grade of the Atlas gun. For example, you could find a Shattering Ogre because the prefix Shattering would overwrite the Pearl name. You have an Orange legendary, not a Pearlescent. Pearlescents actually have a Cyan (light blue) text name. The Ogre is an orange gun. Rare nonetheless. Ogre's are one of the harder guns to find pre-Knoxx.

cluto

Gryphter said:
Can you tell me where that is on the map? I am looking for it, there's an achievement tied to that and it's one that I'm missing
It's at the bottom of that junkyardy area with all the catwalks and houses and stuff. Basically it's at the lowest area of t-bone junction.

Can you tell me where that is on the map? I am looking for it, there's an achievement tied to that and it's one that I'm missing

From the top of Scooters follow the beams from the lift, then drop down onto the walkways beneath. Follow it to a little hut on the end. On one side is a locked door, on the other side is an ammo crate. Next to the ammo crate is a little switch, use it and it unlocks the door.

mf.luder

Level 50 Hunter and this DLC is kicking my ass. Those ninja's are fast as hell.

One thing I do like is the changes made. It makes the game a lot more challenging. For example, I pretty much went through playthrough 2 solely using my maliwan fire pelé rifle. but now, with lance pyros, I can't even do a single piece of damage. Add to that, lance medic's who have healing scorpios.

This DLC is going to be much longer than Zombie Island.

sionyboy said:
From the top of Scooters follow the beams from the lift, then drop down onto the walkways beneath. Follow it to a little hut on the end. On one side is a locked door, on the other side is an ammo crate. Next to the ammo crate is a little switch, use it and it unlocks the door.

Got it, thanks. I've been there but never noticed the switch to open the door:
That fucker was level 61! I'm 44. I lured him outside and it seems like he's not supposed to go out too far, I stood on the other side of the platform and he would just look at me, wouldn't come at me or attack. I offed about 60 sniper rifle shots into his head and took him down, he dropped like ammo or some bullshit. Still didn't get the achievement though, how many of those fuckers can there be?

I was able to do the Lewt quest too, thanks to the poster who explained it to me on the last page.

So it looks like Crabmerex and possibly the Circle of Duty quests aren't possible to do solo. I might need some GAF help over the weekend, especially since I'm only 44 and Crabmerex is 61...

To turn quests in at T-bone Junction, does anybody else just quit the game and then go right back in, so that you spawn there? I've done it like 4x now

Just finished my first play through of the game. ended at level 36. Im ready to dive back in, but it's going to have to wait until i clear out some more of the backlog. I liked the game way more than I ever imagined I would.

darkjedi187 said:
Are you only able to hit the new lvl cap playing knoxx or can you then play one of the other dlc's to hit the new cap.

You have to own Knoxx to be able to level past 50 but you can level up in any other area.

darkjedi187 said:
Thanks for the answer. Does that mean the standard game say on a second playthrough the enemies could be over lvl 50?

I'm playing the DLC on Playthrough 2.5 and the enemies in other areas max out at 51, not sure if Bosses are higher.

CozMick

Banned
Did they ever fix the voice chat on the PS3 version?

Been wanting to buy this for months but without co-operating with friends it seems pointless.

h3ro

dak1dsk1 said:
Is it possible to buy the full Borderlands game in the Playstation online store? (ie. through the ps3 dashboard shop)

No, the game is currently disc only on both PS3 and 360. You can pick up the Add-on expansions via the PSN store.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
darkjedi187 said:
Thanks for the answer. Does that mean the standard game say on a second playthrough the enemies could be over lvl 50?

I think everything over 50 stays in the Knoxx DLC, including guns.

There is currently a bug where over level 50 guns appear in shops throughout the entire game, but I don't think that was intended... or maybe it was intended to encourage people to buy the DLC. :p

I've completed every mission in Knoxx now except for Crawmerax. I went against him just to see how it went and I got WHOOPED. I'm level 45 and the difficulty said Impossible. I stood my distance and shot my shotgun at him, didn't even leave a mark. Then one of his cronies hits me full on, knocking out my shields and bringing my health down to 78 in 1 shot. I laugh it off and he knocks me down for 2nd wind, I unload about 10 shotgun shells in his eye and it doesn't even leave a mark in his health bar. I don't think it's possible to do at this level even with 3 others. I probably won't fight him, was really hoping for that Completionist achievement though

Lunchbox

Banned
Got a pearlescent finally

its pretty..............garbage :lol

2m64f8n.jpg

2dm87ic.jpg

grumble

Gryphter said:
I've completed every mission in Knoxx now except for Crawmerax. I went against him just to see how it went and I got WHOOPED. I'm level 45 and the difficulty said Impossible. I stood my distance and shot my shotgun at him, didn't even leave a mark. Then one of his cronies hits me full on, knocking out my shields and bringing my health down to 78 in 1 shot. I laugh it off and he knocks me down for 2nd wind, I unload about 10 shotgun shells in his eye and it doesn't even leave a mark in his health bar. I don't think it's possible to do at this level even with 3 others. I probably won't fight him, was really hoping for that Completionist achievement though

You're 15 levels too low. Level up more.

grumble said:
You're 15 levels too low. Level up more.

yeah, I'm on the fence with doing Playthrough 2. I want to, but my backlog is giving me the dirty eye and I already have like 48 hours logged. I'm definitely keeping this game, so maybe I'll level up to 61 in the future.

So how exactly does Playthrough 1 vs 2 work? It's the same character and weapon set shared between the 2? Meaning if I level up to 61 halfway through Play 2, will I be able to go back to Play 1 and use that lv 61 character for Carmarex? Or do I have to fight him in Play 2

nli10

MiloFoxburr said:
I'm playing the DLC on Playthrough 2.5 and the enemies in other areas max out at 51, not sure if Bosses are higher.

Yip - we were discussing how this makes the rest of the game a complete walkthrough for lvl 61s just today. Other areas need to scale I think!

Unicorn

Gryphter said:
yeah, I'm on the fence with doing Playthrough 2. I want to, but my backlog is giving me the dirty eye and I already have like 48 hours logged. I'm definitely keeping this game, so maybe I'll level up to 61 in the future.

So how exactly does Playthrough 1 vs 2 work? It's the same character and weapon set shared between the 2? Meaning if I level up to 61 halfway through Play 2, will I be able to go back to Play 1 and use that lv 61 character for Carmarex? Or do I have to fight him in Play 2
You can go back to 1. When you load your save, you choose which playthrough you want to play.

Unicorn said:
You can go back to 1. When you load your save, you choose which playthrough you want to play.

Nice, thanks. I've made the decision, Borderlands goes back into the backlog for Playthrough 2. I'll play a few other games and come back to it

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Man I just want to buy now, but my backlog is huge, I haven't done a lvl 50 run yet, plus I haven't even gone to Zombieland yet.

My compulsive habit must stop here.

edit: has GBX said exactly how many new weapons the Armory DLC adds?

rc213

Finally got around to grabbing both. Got Zombie Island of Dr. Ned & The Secret Armory of General Knoxx finally downloading in the background.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Knoxx is definitely worth the price. My favorite part was when you meet
Shank
:lol :lol
My backpack and bank account are both full now, I might need to buy Moxxi's dlc just for the bank lol.
Now that I'm finished with the main story, made it to lv 61, and have done all the sidequests except for
Marcus's & the circle of death,
I might try to take on Crawmerax...

Hugbot

I have a quick question for anyone who has bought DLC on a disc before. Do you generally need to swap them out while playing, or is it an install thing? It feels like such a stupid question, and my gut is telling me it's clearly swapping since you could just multi-install from the same discs, but I wanted to make sure so I can decide if I want to buy the first two on disc or just download them.

Unicorn

Hugbot said:
I have a quick question for anyone who has bought DLC on a disc before. Do you generally need to swap them out while playing, or is it an install thing? It feels like such a stupid question, and my gut is telling me it's clearly swapping since you could just multi-install from the same discs, but I wanted to make sure so I can decide if I want to buy the first two on disc or just download them.
Based on bethesda games, you can install them.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Once you accept a mission, is it possible to remove it from your log if you haven't completed it? It's annoying to hop online and then have 3 other people's mission lists get added to your list and then not go away when you quit...

Unicorn

celcius said:
Once you accept a mission, is it possible to remove it from your log if you haven't completed it? It's annoying to hop online and then have 3 other people's mission lists get added to your list and then not go away when you quit...
uh no. why not just complete them? or select the mission you DO want to do and it'll show up on the right of your screen.

Unicorn

Lunchbox said:
finally got a decent pearl, does electric+corrossive and stuns them

nl3c47.jpg
electric AND Corrosive?! AND STUN!??!?!

Gimme! I'm a siren and I'll gladly set my amazing acid shotgun with 77% accuracy aside for this baby!

Things I've learned from one evening of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx:

* Drones have way, way too much shielding. And even when they're relatively low to the ground they don't seem to get effected by the Siren's Phase-splosions. These buggers annoy the hell out of me, so I just drive past them as quickly as I can and hope not to have too many of them around when I eventually stop.

* Midgets do not fuck around, and they WILL surprise you, in more ways than one :) Never underestimate the trouble and grief those little buggers can bring down upon you.

* The best fast travel system all of the DLC has to offer is to just exit out and re-enter the game world. So we'll quest for a while and then just exit out rather than trying to drive everywhere. Sucks, but it works.

* These are some seriously long quest chains. Much meatier than anything the main game had to throw at you. I'm loving it.

All in all a good experience so far, with the trademark Borderlands humor to keep things interesting.

Any word out on whether Gearbox is going to make the main game + Zombie island scale to level 61? Is it even something they're looking into? Or is it by design?

ravien56

I'm in a kind of weird situation with Borderlands and maybe you guys know what I should do. I picked up the game when it came out, beat it and am now on playthrough 2, level 37. With regards to dlc, I haven't picked up any of them, but what would you think is the best way to do this? Should I beat playthrough 2 first? or just get the zombie DLC, because it'll help me level up, and it scales? Should I even bother getting Knoxx dlc at this point?

Unicorn

ravien56 said:
I'm in a kind of weird situation with Borderlands and maybe you guys know what I should do. I picked up the game when it came out, beat it and am now on playthrough 2, level 37. With regards to dlc, I haven't picked up any of them, but what would you think is the best way to do this? Should I beat playthrough 2 first? or just get the zombie DLC, because it'll help me level up, and it scales? Should I even bother getting Knoxx dlc at this point?
Get zombie now, play it and beat playthrough 2 or at least reach 50 then get Knoxx.

Gowans

Regrabbed this for Supercheap yesterday and then grabbed all the DLC (had many points sitting).

Anyway titted around to level 11 this morning. Looking for a good & vocal gaf crew to play with from the early parts to the end.

Made some space on my friends list, add me Gowans007

Unicorn

ravien56 said:
Alright I was thinking this. What about Mad Moxxie? Worth $10?
I'm waiting for it to either drop in price or my other friends to cave in. No use getting it if you will be alone. Also, I don't see how people need more storage. How many guns do you actually cycle through? Besides my core 4 equipped I have about 8 other guns, one extra shielld, 2 mods and another grenade mod. Leaving about 30 open slots for loot.

Unicorn

Gowans007 said:
Regrabbed this for Supercheap yesterday and then grabbed all the DLC (had many points sitting).

Anyway titted around to level 11 this morning. Looking for a good & vocal gaf crew to play with from the early parts to the end.

I have a 22 Roland I've been meaning to play through with, so I'll play with you sometime. GT is Yagya.

Gowans007 said:
Looking for a good & vocal gaf crew to play with from the early parts to the end.

Chriswok said:
I'll be on in a bit Gowens, though only got a lvl31 Berserker :lol
Unicorn said:
I have a 22 Roland I've been meaning to play through with, so I'll play with you sometime. GT is Yagya.
Everybody on 360 here? I have a 45 Siren and would love to finally play co-op, GT is Slade5912 and I'm sending an invite to all 3 of you, please accept me! Anybody playing right now? I will be for the next few hours, add and join me!

Top Bottom